CityAndColour

Small, otherwise insignificant things which annoy you

618 posts in this topic

[quote name='Simply... Awesome!']Not exactly.

E.G. I am at home and take a look at a players profile then his reports. To recheck, I go back to profile and then reports again:

@Home > Profile > Reports > Profile > Reports ... <Back> twice takes me back to profile. This is the default. BAD. I want to go back Home

@Home > Profile > Reports > Profile > Reports ... <Back> twice takes me back to page before @Home. This is the preferences option. VERY BAD.

@Home > Profile > Reports > Profile > Reports ... <Back> twice takes me back to @Home. GOOD

The back button should realise that thanks to multiple repeated clicks certain <back> options are redundant and skipped.[/QUOTE]

I may be pointing out something obvious here but you do realize that with the preferences option <Back> once would take you right back to @Home. Yes, it's that easy!

having some of the best defenders in the world, yet the opponant just makes a few passes from kick off and a run.. then scores. defenders can you please tackle already

[quote name='scott MUFC']having some of the best defenders in the world, yet the opponant just makes a few passes from kick off and a run.. then scores. defenders can you please tackle already[/QUOTE]

This can be fixed by increasing the mentality of the defenders to Attacking. It IS annoying that this is necessary, though, because it causes some unwanted side-effects that shouldn't really be there. A defender's job is to take the ball away from the opposition attackers, not standing around (or backing off) watching them do their thing, afraid that there would be exploitable space behind them.

It is a significant thing, though, not a "small, otherwise insignificant thing..."

mine never do that :(
my strikers like to pretend they are arsenal, and pass about 20 times in thier area before shooting, even when through on goal :/

we played champions and had 1 game to go so I said to my players pressure's off and just enjoy the game. Of course we lost, next message is assistant telling we should have a team meeting to rise morale... We're bloody champions??!!

Clicking on a player's name and not being able to see if that he's injured without going into his profile. It annoys me.

And then having to press the back button TWICE to get back onto the screen I was on before. If I press the back button it's because I am no longer interested in looking at the player. When I clicked on him I wanted to see what injury he had, then wanted to see his career stats, then wanted a coach/scout report, then wanted to read his biography. I do not want to click delete 18 times just so I can go back to the player search list.

always lose 50/50 balls,corner taker always strays into an offside position and my favourite one, player who has scored twice will always become the default penalty taker.

My players attempting long shots really bugs me. I have two players that are allowed to 'sometimes' shoot. Yet the whole team fires away at will. Even when they're three on one and a simple pass will put a striker clean through, they decide to smash it. I intentionally sign players for their mental attributes too so they are clever enough to pick out a pass.

SO ANNOYING.

When a player gets sent off in the 93rd minute, "and its an early bath for.........."

Also, how pretty much EVERY single transfer offer I recieve, the team offering decides to spread X amount of money over 48 months and make it non-negotiable.

[quote name='CityAndColour']The complete inability to defend deep crosses to the far post. Keepers stay glued to their line, defenders stand still and the ball is put in from two yards at the far post without fail.[/QUOTE]

I know right. Luckily I've had been on the good end more often than on the receiving end. I scored a lot of goals with my 5'9" striker just chilling on the far post :D

My favorite transfer one has to be when 20 odd teams make an offer for your player. The exact same offer. How can 20 teams make the exactly same offer? Did they all get together and decided that they would offer that much? Maybe they should've saved me the time and decided which one would be the one to sign my player and have only him make the bid.

In the match preview email you get for every single game, there is a stray hyphen at the end of the odds, which should not be there.

Once you've seen it and realised that it's a typo, it's very difficult to unsee.

- Pointless news items, especially during play-offs: I win the first legs of the semi's 1-0 against Gloucester, the return ends on 2-2 and the news item is: "Northwich fans will be frustrated by their side's 2-2 draw". The fans should be dancing on the table for qualifying for the final.
- I'm also getting fed up with the "Team X is afraid they will lose Manager Y"-news items
- The confidence report is still stupid: I release a redundant striker on a free in august and until March I have to hear that they are slightly disappointed with his departure. This while I'm fighting for promotion and the guy hasn't even found a new club yet
- Belgium getting the Euro 2020 (they had it in 2000), building stadiums in small towns like Mechelen and Ostend (who don't even play in the First Division).

[quote name='Laneo']And then having to press the back button TWICE to get back onto the screen I was on before. If I press the back button it's because I am no longer interested in looking at the player. When I clicked on him I wanted to see what injury he had, then wanted to see his career stats, then wanted a coach/scout report, then wanted to read his biography. I do not want to click delete 18 times just so I can go back to the player search list.[/QUOTE]

There is a very simple fix for that and it has been stated several times in this thread already:

[quote name='CityAndColour']Preference > general > untick 'Enable full player browser history'[/QUOTE]

goalkeepers magically saving shots they were nowhere near.
fouls from players who were ahead of the ball then magically stop to be behind the player they fouled

[quote name='scott MUFC']fouls from players who were ahead of the ball then magically stop to be behind the player they fouled[/QUOTE]

You're so right about this. Sometimes one of your players will be in front of an opposition player and he'll reach the ball and you'll think "great" and then out of nowhere it's a foul. HOW?!!

[quote name='AB-forever']I may be pointing out something obvious here but you do realize that with the preferences option <Back> once would take you right back to @Home. Yes, it's that easy![/QUOTE]

It is about the function of the <Back> button.

If I had clicked 10 times or more in the same "area" clicking <Back> once would also take me back to @Home. This is not the function I desire. I do want to go back in the order i clicked if it is in the same area. However, if going <Back> would lead me to visit areas twice or more in sequence it would be a waste of mouse clicks, and thus a skip is desired.

Look at this example in a different way:

I clicked 4 times to get me to Reports. It follows that clicking <Back> 4 times would take me to where I started. This is OK.

All I am saying is that if going <Back> would lead to the same area twice in sequence - in this case the combination of Profile and Reports - then skip one of them (i.e one of the combination of Profile and Reports). This would be better.

[quote name='Lawlore']In the match preview email you get for every single game, there is a stray hyphen at the end of the odds, which should not be there.

Once you've seen it and realised that it's a typo, it's very difficult to unsee.[/QUOTE]

I actually hate you.

I had a great one last night. I bought a new striker and Roman Pavlyuchenko tells me he's worried about too much competition for places. "Don't worry, Roman," I reply, "I'll get rid of some players right away". And immediately transfer list him. The only offers I get are loan to buy, but I find someone to take him off my hands.
A couple of weeks later a coach reminds me that I have promised Pavyluchenko I'll let some players go. I've got rid of my surplus striker: him!
It's almost as bad as a player demanding first team football and complaining three weeks later that you haven't kept your promise even though he's played every match since he asked.

Can anyone explain to me why players who come through my youth system and players that I have bought and trained for 3 years or more between the ages of 15 and 21 are not considered home grown when I am selecting a 25 man squad for european competitions in FM2011? It's really starting to bug me as I have to leave spaces in my squad to overcome that fact that there is not enough home grown talent.

[URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland]A small, otherwise insignificant thing which annoys me...[/URL]

[quote name='CityAndColour']I actually hate you.[/QUOTE]

That's OK, so does Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Journalists still asking about me turning down Player X's transfer request [b]TWO SEASONS AGO[/b]... Seriously... he has since made 60 appearences for the club, he hasn't complained about a thing, so I suppose it's pretty clear he's still part of my plans. Can't we just let it die?

Minor stuff that annoy me:

1) "The ball was struck from 20 yards out" - I have metrics set-up, I don't have the slightest idea what 20 yards is. Why not change the commentary to meters as well???
2) Ref pulls out the yellow card, but the name of the player appears in yellow, just a second before the ref pulls out the card. I know it's minor but I'd like to see the card before he turns yellow.
3) Tab out freezing the game. 70 min. leading 3-0. Tab out. Watch youtube video. Tab in. Dang I forgot it freezes, it's the 71st minute!
4) Foul. Ref reaching in his pocket, however the player is on the other side of the peach... Oh, no... 2 minutes the guy just walking to the ref.

[quote name='Daffius']Minor stuff that annoy me:4) Foul. Ref reaching in his pocket, however the player is on the other side of the [B]peach[/B]... Oh, no... 2 minutes the guy just walking to the ref.[/QUOTE]

Football matches are actually played on nectarines. Not peaches.

Quality typo. :D

Still in '11, most of the time, I get the player chats, and find them useful, but there's always a few, rather annoying, oddities, such as this exchange I've seen more that I would've liked:

Me, to a player: Hey, I thought you did well out there today (8-8.5 rating, albeit against poor opposition)
Player: Actually, I thought I was rather crap
Me: Well, good to hear that you think you can do better.
Player; I HATE YOU!!!!!!

Huh?

[quote name='PhroX']Still in '11, most of the time, I get the player chats, and find them useful, but there's always a few, rather annoying, oddities, such as this exchange I've seen more that I would've liked:

Me, to a player: Hey, I thought you did well out there today (8-8.5 rating, albeit against poor opposition)
Player: Actually, I thought I was rather crap
Me: Well, good to hear that you think you can do better.
Player; I HATE YOU!!!!!!

Huh?[/QUOTE]

It's a bit like a conversation with the wife/girlfriend, isn't it?

ME: That was a cracking curry you made last night.
HER: Are you saying I'm fat?

Does anyone else think it's unrealistic how often the injured player from a challenge is the one who committed the foul? I know it happens in real life but it seems far more commonplace on FM.

[quote name='Fredric Drum']"He scored past his own goalkeeper".

Uhm. He [b]is[/b] the goalkeeper.[/QUOTE]

The number of goals that get given as an own goal by the goalkeepers can be added to my list too. one that sticks to mind, from my own keeper for a change, was a blinding shot that he got a hand to, deflected the ball onto the post and into the back of the net. How in a month of sundays was that an own goal?

[quote name='Daffius']3) Tab out freezing the game. 70 min. leading 3-0. Tab out. Watch youtube video. Tab in. Dang I forgot it freezes, it's the 71st minute![/QUOTE]

Window mode is the only option at present.

[quote name='Nellie']The number of goals that get given as an own goal by the goalkeepers can be added to my list too. one that sticks to mind, from my own keeper for a change, was a blinding shot that he got a hand to, deflected the ball onto the post and into the back of the net. How in a month of sundays was that an own goal?[/QUOTE]

I actually saw the legendary situation where a keeper catches the ball very close to his own post, facing it. Everyone runs outfield since he has the ball. Then the text says "he runs forward".

GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!

:D

player interaction, my wingback, that caused 2 penalties, and recieving a rating of 3.9, not agreeing with my 2 week fine, for awfull performance nor agreeing with me that he played absoleluty pap that match I was so mind boggled i reloaded, and redid the player interaction, chose; that I was delighted with his match, he replied thx I also thought I played an good match or smth along those lines

that stunned me.

The referee being at the opposite end of the pitch to where any tackle happens. He then somehow manages to decide it's worthy of a card. Must have some super eyesight!

I've seen an extra period when there should only be one. I don't own the game though, I saw it on a friend's computer. Little things like this put me off parting the money.

[quote name='BiggusD']I actually saw the legendary situation where a keeper catches the ball very close to his own post, facing it. Everyone runs outfield since he has the ball. Then the text says "he runs forward".

GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!

:D[/QUOTE]

Love to have seen that. That one I've no problem with, but I'd have hit the roof if it was my goalie :D

[quote name='Mike7077']Football matches are actually played on nectarines. Not peaches.

Quality typo. :D[/QUOTE]

Not a typo!!!! House rules for that bit of extra difficulty! Before a game each player brings with him a ripe peach and drops it on a random point of the field... The player and the ref can never be on the same side of the peach during the game.

There you go. You didn't know that, huh??

:)

I'm 13 points clear in the title race, with five games to go. Second-placed team has a game in hand. Yet according to a media item I have just received, they will "take control of the title race" if they win their game in hand. They'd be ten points adrift with five games to go. Please explain to me in what way that would be taking control of the title race!

When playing with extended highlights, and the referee wants to have a word with, or book a player who's down injured.

You have to wait while the physio attends to the player on the pitch, then wait while the player and physio walk slowly off the pitch. (always seems to be the furthest side of the pitch, that they can get away from the referee)

Then your waiting for about a minute once they have left the pitch... with nothing happening. Before the player then slowly walks back onto the pitch, back over to the referee, he then receives a yellow card, and finally the match can continue.

[quote name='Barkermush']When playing with extended highlights, and the referee wants to have a word with, or book a player who's down injured.

You have to wait while the physio attends to the player on the pitch, then wait while the player and physio walk slowly off the pitch. (always seems to be the furthest side of the pitch, that they can get away from the referee)

Then your waiting for about a minute once they have left the pitch... with nothing happening. Before the player then slowly walks back onto the pitch, back over to the referee, he then receives a yellow card, and finally the match can continue.[/QUOTE]

... in general the insane amount of time spent waiting for someone to walk off or on pitch during a game. Even if I watch a game on Full, I do NOT need to watch the 2 minutes it takes for the medics to cross the field and walk off again. Just jump ahead until the player is taken off the pitch or the medics have left.

One other thing ... Replay of penalties, but no replay of the incident that lead to it. I would rather see why my player caused a penalty, than seeing my keeper rooted to the line, while the striker fires it into the corner.

I've mentioned this in this thread before but I feel it's worthy of another mention. [B]Players who receive treatment from the physio on the pitch have to then leave the pitch and wait for the referee to signal them back on! But in FM, they sometimes get up following said treatment and carry on as normal.[/B] Why am I bringing this up again? Because I just conceded a goal to a player who should have been on the sideline waiting for his signal. For Christ sake, SI! :D

We have the ball, we're attacking, we're in the opposition box looking for a finish... when my knob of a player knocks the ball out of touch because there's a player injured way back.

Finish the attack, you numbskulls!

refs blowing for half/full time when we in an attacking position
buggy set pieces - way too many goals seem to come from these, a header from OUTSIDE the area, that should never go in.. fix please

*brings thread back from the dead*

You know, just once, I'd like my assistant manager to find the source of all these leaked transfer stories. Just once.

"Yet another game where so-and-so has failed to find the net..."

Well yes, that would probably be because I play him as a winger, where he is equally capable, and he laid on two goals to increase his lead at the top of the assists chart.

i love that.
yes that is because is he is playing as a supplying striker for the guy scoring 2-3 a game lol
and yay to the ref blowing for full time when i was in thier area

players syaing they would be interested in joining the club if you put a formal bid in.
then getting in the bid and getting refused at contract stage.