Collection of Dubbed the/Touted as "the next", A Forum-Wide Game, REGENS ONLY!!!!!

The one disappointing thing looking at these players is that so many are based on current players in the game at the start (few of whom would be considered greats).

Would like to see more based on retired greats - looking at the brazilian players especially there no real legends amongst them, england has 2 players who have never been fully capped for england!

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Thebaker. I am shocked by the results so far and they were definitely not what I had in mind when I started this thread.

As for uncapped English players, I counted at least Curtis Davies, Anton Ferdinand, Tony McMahon, Nigel Reo-Coker, Steve Sidwell, and Michael Turner.

Here are some more from me:

nextmarcorossi.jpg

nextmassimomaccarone.jpg

nextmaurocamoranesi.jpg

Yes, it's a bit silly to nominate someone as the next "random average player".

It's also clear that these labels are given far too generously. I currently have a new Baresi and Nesta in my team, and they are a bit below average Serie A player at 20 years old, and it's obvious that they'll never reach such a level. In real life I rarely hear about someone labelled as the new someone, but in FM they are everywhere. I can't take these labels seriously. And as I mentioned I found 4x the new Michel Platini in France U19+U21 at the same time.

Having too many next Michel Platini's isn't that bad because at least he was good. On my game, every young Spanish central defender seems to be the next Juanito, which is hardly awe-inspiring.

Rensenbrink was Dutch and it seems to be a data error as I saw from the list in the editor:

belgfam.jpg

Some unusual "models" here...

Maybe time to tone this labeling thing down for the 12.1 patch? ;)

Also, is browsing manually though squads the only way to spot those "next John Doe" players? Wouldn't it be great having one of those "Top 100 Under 21 prospects" lists media seem to love so much automatically made every two years or so?

Last but not least, there should be a "minimum skill" to get compared to a former Superstar... the next Maldini shouldn't be an average 20yo kid with barely passable attributes and the next Di Stefano shouldn't have 7 Composure or 11 Finishing ;)

Honestly Robioto, it only takes a little more time than looking through my scout reports at players that I would always take a look at anyways. All of the players I have found have been identified either that way or through a news item. I have not needed to manually look through teams or anything.

Aderow, do you mean that other people can't holiday 4600 years?

Archived