FM2012 difficulty.

How are you finding the difficulty on FM2012?  

1,760 members have voted

1. 1. How are you finding the difficulty on FM2012?

• The game is too easy.
    • The difficulty is about right.
    • The game is too hard.

Well I think that there is no difference, difficultywise, between fm10 11 and 12. See how it is? You guys think there is a difference, I think there isn't. We've both been playing this game since God knows what date, and we disagree. SI does their own testing and decide on it since they are the developers and I guess they agreed with my point of view. They could have agreed with yours too but the fact is, they can never, ever satisfy everyone and difficulty is so subjective. Plus, I can't even believe your play-tests, you know, clicking continue and winning titles with a default 4-4-2.. Every single match I tried that, we were trashed. I don't think you're lying, don't get me wrong. It's just that something is definitely wrong with your games since your effect is neglected by the match engine. However, what tactics I give DEFINITELY changes everything in my game. All SI should do is make the game consistent for everybody. But if they specifically make it harder, than my beautiful game where my tactics actually mean something will become unrealistically hard. So take it easy and cut SI some slack, I'm sure they will find a solutionj eventually. But your arguments about the tactics being neglected is invalid for many users, including me, since when we try the same tests we get different results and even a single tactical mistake cost us games.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I think that there is no difference, difficultywise, between fm10 11 and 12. See how it is? You guys think there is a difference, I think there isn't. We've both been playing this game since God knows what date, and we disagree. SI does their own testing and decide on it since they are the developers and I guess they agreed with my point of view. They could have agreed with yours too but the fact is, they can never, ever satisfy everyone and difficulty is so subjective. Plus, I can't even believe your play-tests, you know, clicking continue and winning titles with a default 4-4-2.. Every single match I tried that, we were trashed. I don't think you're lying, don't get me wrong. It's just that something is definitely wrong with your games since your effect is neglected by the match engine. However, what tactics I give DEFINITELY changes everything in my game. All SI should do is make the game consistent for everybody. But if they specifically make it harder, than my beautiful game where my tactics actually mean something will become unrealistically hard. So take it easy and cut SI some slack, I'm sure they will find a solutionj eventually. But your arguments about the tactics being neglected is invalid for many users, including me, since when we try the same tests we get different results and even a single tactical mistake cost us games.

Yes we just made it all up for a laugh. :rolleyes:

No, I'm saying that the game, for some reason, works differently in some computers and they should fix that. If they make it harder to satisfy you guys, instead of fix that weird problem, then it will be unrealistically hard for us. I understand your reasoning and like I said, I did some testing myself too and the results were all too realistic and if I make a single tactical mistake, the game punishes me violently so tactics do mean something, at least for me. They need to make the game consistent..

egesagin- yes, you and yours won. Its only the game in the end. Im goin right now to read Dostoevskys book. You and your "light" players play FM2012 and win everthing in first season. Bon appetit.

Did I say anythin about winning the first season? I'm talkign about the tactics. Tactics do matter, if you play a default 4-4-2 without doing anything else, and still winning every game, that is a problem indeed and some people claim that. However, I don't have that stupid problem and if I mess the tactics up, I get punished. I don't want to win everything in the first season, I'm just saying that tactics matter, that's all.

careful now lets not create a divide between users ;)

Seriously tho, no one is saying your making anything up, what he is saying is not every single person is finding this game as easy as you guys make out, myself included, i have played fm for at least 14/15 years, i would put myself into the long term, or hardcore or whatever buzz word you want to put, FMer, and i have not found this version any easier. Which says this is not a case of switching one thing and all will be well again. Which also means changing anything is going to have to be very carefully done and thoroughly tested, its not an overnight thing or a quick thing to be done. No one is ignoring anything, infact the opposite, Paul has regularly kept upto date with this thread, and despite constant calls i would image the number of save games he has been given is quite small considering how big an issue this is being made out to be. This "problem" shows exactly why he needs as many saves as possible. This is obviously being caused by specific circumstances in game, circumstances that are not repeated in every game, so he needs to see your particular game to see why that particular save is being seen as too easy.

Erimus, Fede, Grep, SeanNUFC, Matej and FestyF, have you guys all given Paul a copy of your save? I really hope so, you guys seen to have the biggest issue here so your saves should prove extremely helpful to Paul.

No, I'm saying that the game, for some reason, works differently in some computers and they should fix that. If they make it harder to satisfy you guys, instead of fix that weird problem, then it will be unrealistically hard for us. I understand your reasoning and like I said, I did some testing myself too and the results were all too realistic and if I make a single tactical mistake, the game punishes me violently so tactics do mean something, at least for me. They need to make the game consistent..

That I agree on. I said in another post to you that I doubt SI will risk making this change big incase it upsets those who like it as it is, so you shouldn't be worried. SI know what they're doing. You won't even notice there's been a fix :)

Its more for next years game I'm hoping fundamental changes comes in, and only then via the editor so anyone who doesn't want to be affected by "difficulty" settings and tweaks, won't be.

Its more for next years game I'm hoping fundamental changes comes in, and only then via the editor so anyone who doesn't want to be affected by "difficulty" settings and tweaks, won't be.

Can i ask what you would propose with this new editor, what would you like them to open up and made editable?

I don't want a difficulty setting in FM games, so doesn't SI. Because it makes the game unrealistic. They should make the game as realistic as possible, to the limits of AI technology. But still, you can win everything if you understand how the game works and have a bit of luck too. Currently, I do not believe that they can do much on AI managers. I think the technology doesn't allow it. They can of course make the game harder for players, using cpu cheats, but then again, I think an easy game, due to tech limitations is better than an artificially difficult game. That's my opininon of course but if they can't find a way to make it more realistic, only way you'll be satisfied is through artificial means and I'm pretty sure you'll say "the refs are always on the computers' side" or things like that in a few days..

PS: Great post again Erimus :)

PPS: I don2t care if beginners find it difficult or sth. It just has to be realistic to the limits, and I think it's pretty close to the limits currently and the "tactics don't mean anything" issue you guys are having is a bug with the match engine since others have tested it and didn't experience what you did. Hopefully they'll make it fine because I would be as frustrated as you guys, if the game was too easy. I understand your disappointment

Can i ask what you would propose with this new editor, what would you like them to open up and made editable?

It would have to be an editor rewrite to incorporate parameter files, unless SI are similar to BF/EA who make some of their parameter files that effect aspects of the gameword editible in the Fifa series.

If its feasible I would like the morale system, the effect of teamtalks, training, match preparation, team meetings, the effectiveness of reps, and even AI tactics all editible. Also AI transfer agressiveness, the abilty to set a minimum digit for all newly generated AI staff. The abilty to do the same for newgen players and have it dependent on their posistion. There is loads of stuff I probably can't even remember at the moment, but I feel the editor is the key to solving the difficulty issue because the last thing we want is this thread to turn into a never ending "now its too hard", "now too easy", "now too hard again" thread. SI have enough on their plate. Giving the playerbase the tools to create as tough or as easy a challenge as they like via their own database creations is one way forward (but not the only I'm sure).

At the moment the database 'strength' is only a short term thing, it gets progressively weaker the longer you play. So we need the abilty to fix that by setting minimum limits on newgens, and also the abilty to effect other aspects on how the other stuff I mentioned effects the day to day running of a football club.

SI can concentrate on AI transfer policy and AI player development, as I doubt that could be something the editor would help with.

Imagine this time next year people not only releasing databases with transfer updates and new playable leagues but also databases labled FM13 Pro DB, FM13 World Class DB, FM Sunday League DB. There's your skill levels right there, and its purely optional.

The game out of the box need never be touched as far as any of that goes.

The one guy in the thread that said he did that, actually tweaked tactics via shouts during the games. If he knew how to do that correctly, the tactic wouldn't actually be "bog standard". Besides, if you pick a standard tactic you won't be bothered with having to get used to the tactic, which is an advantage, and by signing no players the match preparation and team bonding issues would be minimized.

He would actually have been more challenged if he changed the tactic to a completely new formation + instructions, signed many players and tried to succeed using one tactic for the most part, just like I do. He ran his test save in "noob mode" and therefore had massive success since he as a veteran would know how to adjust the arguably good standard tactic to any situation in the game, unlike the "noobs" which that type of gameplay is designed for.

This is not to say that FM12 is not too easy, though.

I find this difficulty issue really baffling.

My first game on FM12 (now in fourth season) I've really struggled to perform. I have about the best players, coaches and facilities in the league but after a strong start and middle I suffer a late season collapse that ends my title challenge.

I wish I could blame it on the tactic creator making me lazy but I used a similar approach in FM11 and found plenty of success there. It's not since FM09 that I've really immersed myself in TT&F and spent hours tweaking every option to perfect a tactic. It worked fine then but in 10 and 11 it seemed unnecessary so I've reduced it to a 'broad strokes' approach that just isn't working in FM12 so far.

milnerpoint - i see you are from Aberdeen and A. Ferguson was manager of Aberdeen. I know that you know, but for others, younger ones: Only time Aberdeen won something in Europe was Cup winners Cup in 80s. In last 30 years Aberdeen didnt won nothing. When A.F. left, that was the end of winning.

What i wont to say is, football is far more intelligent thing than people think it is. ANd im looking this game from that point of view. If you give me the game where 12 year old kid can win everthing in first season without pain and suffer, i wont play that game. Coma.

i would pay some programmer to make me some mod where i can take some 2nd division club and in 15 seasons with my best skills i maybe win something. Some uefa league or domestic cup. No big things, because its really hard to win big with lets say Nottingham Forest these days. But IF i win something big, i would feel like m.f. Brian Clough.

Now, with this engine and easy concept, i feel like ...Like playin poker with ougly fat chick. And i really dont wanna take her clothes off. I dont feel i achieve something, because 90% of people can do that without really tryin. Get it?

I read your posts and i know you are smart guy, you can see that FM is generally 2 easy and that all people around the world can enjoy the game. People who never touched the ball in real life can win everthing even they are rookies in FM. SO dont give me small talk, we all know whats goin on here.

I respect P. and O. Collyer, because of them i run from school in 90s to play CM. somethimes i didnt go to school at all, just to play cm. but this game is just too easy for me. Thats not the end of the world. Some day , maybe some indie programmer, like they where 20 years ago, will make hardcore football sim, real simulation.

THis is game for big crowd and thats ok, I just wish they put difficulty levels for us who wants more.

The one guy in the thread that said he did that, actually tweaked tactics via shouts during the games. If he knew how to do that correctly, the tactic wouldn't actually be "bog standard". Besides, if you pick a standard tactic you won't be bothered with having to get used to the tactic, which is an advantage, and by signing no players the match preparation and team bonding issues would be minimized.

He would actually have been more challenged if he changed the tactic to a completely new formation + instructions, signed many players and tried to succeed using one tactic for the most part, just like I do. He ran his test save in "noob mode" and therefore had massive success since he as a veteran would know how to adjust the arguably good standard tactic to any situation in the game, unlike the "noobs" which that type of gameplay is designed for.

Again Biggus very well said.

If he doesn't use the shouts and still get such results, then it would mean that the default tactics, at least some of them, are op. Many people got me wrong btw, I'm just disagreeing with the people who say that tactics don't matter in this game. I completely agree that the scouting system, player search, AI capabilities etc. should change to offer us a more realistic experience, be it harder or easier, the key point is realism imho

It would have to be an editor rewrite to incorporate parameter files, unless SI are similar to BF/EA who make some of their parameter files that effect aspects of the gameword editible in the Fifa series.

If its feasible I would like the morale system, the effect of teamtalks, training, match preparation, team meetings, the effectiveness of reps, and even AI tactics all editible. Also AI transfer agressiveness, the abilty to set a minimum digit for all newly generated AI staff. The abilty to do the same for newgen players and have it dependent on their posistion. There is loads of stuff I probably can't even remember at the moment, but I feel the editor is the key to solving the difficulty issue because the last thing we want is this thread to turn into a never ending "now its too hard", "now too easy", "now too hard again" thread. SI have enough on their plate. Giving the playerbase the tools to create as tough or as easy a challenge as they like via their own database creations is one way forward (but not the only I'm sure).

At the moment the database 'strength' is only a short term thing, it gets progressively weaker the longer you play. So we need the abilty to fix that by setting minimum limits on newgens, and also the abilty to effect other aspects on how the other stuff I mentioned effects the day to day running of a football club.

SI can concentrate on AI transfer policy and AI player development, as I doubt that could be something the editor would help with.

Imagine this time next year people not only releasing databases with transfer updates and new playable leagues but also databases labled FM13 Pro DB, FM13 World Class DB, FM Sunday League DB. There's your skill levels right there, and its purely optional.

The game out of the box need never be touched as far as any of that goes.

If any of that is in next year's version, I can forgive myself for wasting 30 bucks on this year's version. (Unless of course if a fix is out in due time)

milnerpoint - i see you are from Aberdeen and A. Ferguson was manager of Aberdeen. I know that you know, but for others, younger ones: Only time Aberdeen won something in Europe was Cup winners Cup in 80s. In last 30 years Aberdeen didnt won nothing. When A.F. left, that was the end of winning.

I fail to see what this has to do with this thread really? Care to explain a bit please? FYI we actually won the league cup in 1996 but i really dont see what this has to do with anything discussed here.

What i wont to say is, football is far more intelligent thing than people think it is. ANd im looking this game from that point of view. If you give me the game where 12 year old kid can win everthing in first season without pain and suffer, i wont play that game. Coma.

If i have more time, i would pay some programmer to make me some mod where i can take some 2nd division club and in 15 seasons with my best skills i maybe win something. Some uefa league or domestic cup. No big things, because its really hard to win big with lets say Nottingham Forest these days. But IF i win something big, i would feel like m.f. Brian Clough.

Now, with this engine and easy concept, i feel like ...Like playin poker with ougly fat chick. And i really dont wanna take her clothes off. I dont feel i achieve something, because 90% of people can do that without really tryin. Get it?

I read your posts and i know you are smart guy, you can see that FM is generally 2 easy and that all people around the world can enjoy the game. People who never touched the ball in real life can win everthing even they are rookies in FM. SO dont give me small talk, we all know whats goin on here. I respect P. and O. Collyer, but this game is just too easy for me. Thats not the end of the world. Some day , maybe some indie programmer, like they where 20 years ago, will make hardcore football sim, real simulation.

THis is game for big crowd and thats ok, I just wish they put difficulty levels for us who wonts more.

90% of who is achieve what? This poll is a tiny minortiy of posters and even then the majority are arguing against this thread, where is this 90% of people coming from?

Have you considered that maybe FM is set to the highest difficulty setting as default? I dont actually think FM is generally too easy, i do think they have a lot of work to be done to the AI and long term games because of the AI but i dont think the game has been dumbed down for casual gamers or anything.

Like i say i hope, as one of the more vocal parties in all this, you have been providing Paul with your save games each time you have started one and found it too easy, that is the only real way to show him what your problem is.

the people who thinks the game its too easy, do you think that in every save?

For example, did you try different saves with the same team and get the same fealing that the game is easy?

Did you try different saves with another team?

My first 4 saves were with teams predicted to be relegation certs, because thats the challenge I wanted to experience. All 4 saw me in the top 6 approaching the midway point, one saw me top 8 points clear in Feburary. In no way shape or form was I ever threatend with relegation and was often safe from it with half a season to play.

Now this is they key that a lot of people have missed. If I had done that by using all the managerial aspects provided, like buying better players, devising tactics, training my players, and talking to my players etc, I would have accepted it as being bloody good management. However, I did none of that. I picked the team and used shouts during games. That alone was enough for me to breeze through the league, often with long unbeaten spells, and in one case go 6 or 7 games without the opposition even getting a sniff of a goal against me (I was the worst team in the league!). That is why I felt FM12 was too easy, I can't speak for others - just look at their posts and screenshots for what they experienced in their games.

After 4 attempts I uninstalled the game in dissapoitment and went back to FM11, but had an idea to look at tactical attributes in the database to find a solution. FM12 reinstalled and lots of AI TA's edited later, the first 2 new saves I played seemed challenging. SI then said TA's don't work like that so it shouldn't work. Fair enough. The overpowered morale system was then brought up, I started a new save and used FMRTE to reset my players morale to 'Okay' every time the majority reached superb, and I've finally got a game going that I enjoy although it does seem morale jumps back up to very good and superb far too quickly from what I've seen!

I did try a normal save with an Italian team, Napoli I think, anyway one that was predicted 8th, and I was overachieving with them too despite doing nothing but picking the team and shouting abuse at them in the 3D game... some say I shouldn't even use shouts as that could be the cause of the games ease, forgetting about all the other handicaps and limitations I imposed... so now if I don't do any of the stuff I mentioned AND don't shout at my players I might as well be playing Football Spectator . :lol:

Thats a long story, short, or shorter. I'm passed testing now and am not interested in any more theories of what I should have done or should have avoided. Someone else can take up the reigns for all I care. I'll play the game with self-imposed handicaps if I have to. If it works, I aint complaining anymore ;)

milnerpoint- you really failed to see? Its obvious. YOu need great manager to win something big. Aberdeen needed A. Ferguson to win 3 scottish titles and CwC. In 100 years they won just 4-5 titles, 3 was with A.F. If you still dont see what im trying to say, maybe i was wrong about you. WHat i wanted to say, in example of club from your town, is that to be the manager is NOT easy. ANd in this game we are all Alex Ferguson.

But if they specifically make it harder, than my beautiful game where my tactics actually mean something will become unrealistically hard. So take it easy and cut SI some slack, I'm sure they will find a solutionj eventually. But your arguments about the tactics being neglected is invalid for many users, including me, since when we try the same tests we get different results and even a single tactical mistake cost us games.

Nobody is saying they should make it 'harder'. All we want is a challenging game in a realistic way (this has been discussed hundreds of time on this forum), which isn't the case at the moment.

And can you please care to explain what is this 'technology limitations' you keep talking about? What are those limitations and how do you know it even exists currently in FM?

i would pay some programmer to make me some mod where i can take some 2nd division club and in 15 seasons with my best skills i maybe win something.

Man I would pay someone money just to mod a game were it takes me 15 seasons just to get out of league 1 or 2, never mind winning anything ;)

milnerpoint- you really failed to see? Its obvious. YOu need great manager to win something big. Aberdeen needed A. Ferguson to win 3 scottish titles and CwC. In 100 years they won just 4-5 titles, 3 was with A.F. If you still dont see what im trying to say, maybe i was wrong about you. WHat i wanted to say, in example of club from your town, is that to be the manager is NOT easy. ANd in this game we are all Alex Ferguson.

I suggest reading up on what your claiming, Aberdeen have won more that 4-5 trophies:

Major honours

Scottish League Premier division:

Champions (4): 1954–55; 1979–80; 1983–84; 1984–85

Runners–up (13): 1910–11; 1936–37; 1955–56; 1970–71; 1971–72; 1977–78; 1980–81; 1981–82; 1988–89; 1989–90; 1990–91; 1992–93; 1993–94

Scottish Cup:

Winners (7): 1947; 1970; 1982; 1983; 1984; 1986; 1990

Runners-up (8): 1937; 1953; 1954; 1959; 1967; 1978; 1993; 2000

Scottish League Cup:

Winners (5): 1955–56; 1976–77; 1985–86; 1989–90; 1995–96

Runners-up (7): 1946–47; 1978–79; 1979–80; 1987–88; 1988–89; 1992–93; 1999–2000

European Cup Winners Cup:

Champions (1): 1983

European Super Cup:

Champions (1) : 1983

Please do not try to educate me on my home club.

The game will NEVER be 100% realistic when it comes to winning with smaller clubs, because very few people would enjoy real life management of smaller clubs, people want to be able to achieve eventually. Your right none of us are SAF, but if this game was set up so only people with his abilities would be successful, then NONE of us would ever achieve anything more than winning a few games a season and at best avoiding relegation every season.

The game has to be balanced to both incorporate reality and understand it is a game, designed for enjoyment. There is nothing enjoyable about being sacked from every job you take every 18 months because your not SAF, or JM. Despite your probably come back of "yes i would enjoy that" its fairly obvious that if the game was set up to be that difficult, no one would buy it.

Nobody is saying they should make it 'harder'. All we want is a challenging game in a realistic way (this has been discussed hundreds of time on this forum), which isn't the case at the moment.

And can you please care to explain what is this 'technology limitations' you keep talking about? What are those limitations and how do you know it even exists currently in FM?

As far as I know, computers can't learn things on their own. At least not experimental ones. So the AI managers will not learn our tactics and fight back.. This is just a single aspect opf the AI limitations

Despite your probably come back of "yes i would enjoy that" its fairly obvious that if the game was set up to be that difficult, no one would buy it.

Despite your failed attempt of justifying that no one would buy it, I would say a substantial number of customers would buy it for that reason (difficult to win) only.

milnerpoint- o come on, dont be forum troll. i said correct, they won 4 Scottish League Premier division. i just wrote titles and i ment Scottish League Premier d. We in Croatia dont count runners up as something important. Nice collection of trophies btw. Wish you club all the best in the future.

Despite your failed attempt of justifying that no one would buy it, I would say a substantial number of customers would buy it for that reason (difficult to win) only.

If the game was as hard as real life football management, then only a very very small minority would buy it, such as the case with every other hardcore simulation game. Plus, If you want that kind of challenge, you can always try managing a real club, probably most of us can earn the amount our current jobs pay or will pay..

I would be a part of that minority and buy the game though, but you gotta understand that it's a job for SI so they will not make the game that realistic. Perhaps they will add a hardcore mode or sth. for us simulation fans but vanilla FM will always be easier compared to real life and our desire

As far as I know, computers can't learn things on their own. At least not experimental ones. So the AI managers will not learn our tactics and fight back.. This is just a single aspect opf the AI limitations

Even the most basic AI mechanisms can 'learn' within set parameters. FM's AI not being able to learn tactics is just one out of it's endless list of shortcomings. It can't build a team. It can't maintain a team. It can't foresee squad aging and it can't develop youth. It can't compete in the transfer market. It can't select tactics based on it's players. All of this is not exactly rocket science and it's definitely possible to develop an AI that is at least decent at these very basic aspects.

If the game was as hard as real life football management, then only a very very small minority would buy it, such as the case with every other hardcore simulation game. Plus, If you want that kind of challenge, you can always try managing a real club, probably most of us can earn the amount our current jobs pay or will pay..

I would be a part of that minority and buy the game though, but you gotta understand that it's a job for SI so they will not make the game that realistic. Perhaps they will add a hardcore mode or sth. for us simulation fans but vanilla FM will always be easier compared to real life and our desire

We will all shut our mouths if SI come out and say the game can't/won't be as challenging and hard as real life football management. But since the game is marketed as 'the most realistic football management simulation ever', we all can demand realism, can't we? :)

Well our definitions of learning are different then. However, you2re right about that long list, but even this complexity of AI causes lot's of bugs, It would be horrendously hard for SI to make it all at once so I'm sure they will fix those issues in time but if they try to make it all right in a single update to the game, the game won't be playable due to a high number of bugs. You think the game is too buggy now? Think how it will be after such a major change. And that is really a major change which would take at least 2-3 years to make perfect, with lots of testing etc.

@FestyF: Well it is the most realistic football management game, so they're right :p

esegain, you see, THATS why games have DIFFICULTY levels. jesus i feel like im in early 90s and explain people what game must have. We dont have same IQ and experience, is that so hard to explain. And yes, some people here are dumb. Dumb as Forrest Gump. Like in any other forum. Like people who vote for wrong people for dumb reasons. Nothing wrong with that , its life and life only. But thats why we who are smarter need diff levels. If we dont get harder game, we wont play it. Nothing wrong about that. WHat do you think, do less smart people play FM? Ofcourse they play, its FUN. Even people who didnt finnish school play this game and find it fun.

Thats why we need you know what.

Even the most basic AI mechanisms can 'learn' within set parameters. FM's AI not being able to learn tactics is just one out of it's endless list of shortcomings. It can't build a team. It can't maintain a team. It can't foresee squad aging and it can't develop youth. It can't compete in the transfer market. It can't select tactics based on it's players. All of this is not exactly rocket science and it's definitely possible to develop an AI that is at least decent at these very basic aspects.

About the tactics issue. I wonder if it would be possible for the AI to learn off the human player. For example say you design a tactic that brings you great success with a releativey average' date=' or even poor team [we're assuming this for FM20 when SI have ironed out all the other things that make it easy to win games ;)]. So everytime you win with this tactic, it gains in reputation. Eventually a reputation threashold is reached and AI managers (give them an "open to new tactical theories" attribute) and some will then adopt that tactic and build their teams around it accordingly. This happens in real life when someone comes up with a new system, its often adopted by clubs within a year or two if it proves successful.

The AI would learn from the human player. It could also work with training schedules too. If you create one that has great success at developing players, expect the AI to one day copy it.

Again, something for SI to mull over for FM2020 :)

esegain, you see, THATS why games have DIFFICULTY levels. jesus i feel like im in early 90s and explain people what game must have. We dont have same IQ and experience, is that so hard to explain. And yes, some people here are dumb. Dumb as Forrest Gump. Like in any other forum. Like people who vote for wrong people for dumb reasons. Nothing wrong with that , its life and life only. But thats why we who are smarter need diff levels. If we dont get harder game, we wont play it. Nothing wrong about that.

SI is aiming to make a REALISTIC game, difficulty levels make it UNREALISTIC be it harder or easier but still unrealistic. So they won't add difficulty levels. Jesus, is it too ahrd to understand that adding different difficulty levels is against SI's realism policy?

That would be interesting if it wasn't for the fact that...

I used default tactics and shouts in both 11 and 12, and like I said the challenge is like chalk and cheese so no one can say I've "learned how to beat the ME in this game thanks to my time playing FM11"

And since the ME hasn't changed, it must be something occuring prior to match build up. Morale having too big an impact, perhaps.

Avoiding some key options to play challenging game make no sense! I suppose SI is working on this problem, because it exist for sure. Hopefully they release an AI fix soon. The AI level of FM11 was pretty good..just take it from there :)

i do not think that FM 11's AI level was better either.. AI's ability to read matches, to to train players,

and building challenging squads shuld be the focal point of SI today and tomorrow; rather than making some make-up on the user interface which only makes a new game differ with its external view..

I also think they're aware of this problems but they doesn't want to make a near perfect game becouse of financial strategies.. using that method , which consists of promising users that they will improve the game, SI hope to make even higher profit in next years versions..

Next year this time we will complain about another deficiency of game which is agian lefted over on purpose..

They will always make 3* or maybe 4* games .. not a near perfect 5* games IMO..

SI is aiming to make a REALISTIC game, difficulty levels make it UNREALISTIC be it harder or easier but still unrealistic. So they won't add difficulty levels. Jesus, is it too ahrd to understand that adding different difficulty levels is against SI's realism policy?

I agree, that's the consensus about difficulty levels for years. But there are options that where added in the past like "attribute masking" that has an influence on the overall difficulty. The problem is that all of those who are demanding difficulty levels don't provide ideas that could be added as an option to the game at the same level - which means still one match engine, one AI, one transfer market, but with additions for those who prefer a even more realistic game play.

Adding real difficulty levels would increase the chance of new bugs and developing and testing would need a lot more time and man-power. I don't think that SI have the resources for that. But some new additional options which does not change the game in general could be something for FM2013.

If its realistic game then dumb people would not have success in winning C. League or premiership, even with Man. Utd., Liverpool etc.. ANd finally, realism policy is BIG LOL.

egesagin, i can see you are really tryin to be smart, so tell me simple answer... Do you think low IQ people play this game ? Yes or no ? Ill answer you, because i think you know the answer. YES! Like every other popular game. And they are winning, winning BIG time. Now is that realism policy? Big no and LOL.

I'm impressed!

It's taken eight pages before we got a conspiracy theory:D

Either this thread gets back (more or less) on topic and the bickering stops or it gets closed.

Referring to post 789 in case anybody is confused.

About the tactics issue. I wonder if it would be possible for the AI to learn off the human player. For example say you design a tactic that brings you great success with a releativey average, or even poor team [we're assuming this for FM20 when SI have ironed out all the other things that make it easy to win games ;)]. So everytime you win with this tactic, it gains in reputation. Eventually a reputation threashold is reached and AI managers (give them an "open to new tactical theories" attribute) and some will then adopt that tactic and build their teams around it accordingly. This happens in real life when someone comes up with a new system, its often adopted by clubs within a year or two if it proves successful.

The AI would learn from the human player. It could also work with training schedules too. If you create one that has great success at developing players, expect the AI to one day copy it.

Again, something for SI to mull over for FM2020 :)

That could open a can of worms because it would require the AI to have access to human tactics. This is borderline cheating though, as human users cannot see AI tactics thus it's giving it an (unfair) advantage.

If its realistic game then dumb people would not have success in winning C. League or premiership, even with Man. Utd., Liverpool etc.. ANd finally, realism policy is BIG LOL.

egesagin, i can see you are really tryin to be smart, so tell me simple answer... Do you think low IQ people play this game ? Yes or no ? Ill answer you, because i think you know the answer. YES! Like every other popular game. And they are winning, winning BIG time. Now is that realism policy? Big no and LOL.

You are partly right, but just read the post by KUBI above yours and you'll understand my point of view.

milnerpoint- o come on, dont be forum troll. i said correct, they won 4 Scottish League Premier division. i just wrote titles and i ment Scottish League Premier d. We in Croatia dont count runners up as something important. Nice collection of trophies btw. Wish you club all the best in the future.

Im not trolling you mate, i misunderstood your point and i apologies for that.

I do see your point, but you have to understand a few things, first off when SAF took over Aberdeen, football was a very different game especially up here, money was not one of the biggest and most important factors, now a days things are much different, even the great man himself has said he would achieve half of what he did if he took over the club now, its almost impossible to replicate what he achieved in a real life scenario. Secondly as you have pointed out, none of us have the skill of SAF or any of the big managers, if we did, we wouldnt be playing FM. There has to be a level of "game" built into FM to make it commercially viable, otherwise there would be no Defuge's challenge, no FM stories of people taking conference teams to European success in 20 seasons, no one at all would win anything in Europe with Scottish teams, yes the game would prob sell well the 1st year this level of difficulty was introduced, after then you would almost eliminate every casual FMer, at the end of it all, yes we want a challenge but we want an achievable challenge, at an acceptable level.

I'm impressed!

It's taken eight pages before we got a conspiracy theory:D

Either this thread gets back (more or less) on topic and the bickering stops or it gets closed.

Referring to post 789 in case anybody is confused.

Probably better to close it and let it drift down the table to relegation oblivion to be honest. Its served its purpose in highlighting a potential problem, and at least 1 SI guy cares enough to respond and talk to us about it. So we know they're aware now. Its just going in circles.

Let it die a peaceful death :(

:D

I do see your point, but you have to understand a few things, first off when SAF took over Aberdeen, football was a very different game especially up here, money was not one of the biggest and most important factors, now a days things are much different, even the great man himself has said he would achieve half of what he did if he took over the club now, its almost impossible to replicate what he achieved in a real life scenario. Secondly as you have pointed out, none of us have the skill of SAF or any of the big managers, if we did, we wouldnt be playing FM. There has to be a level of "game" built into FM to make it commercially viable, otherwise there would be no Defuge's challenge, no FM stories of people taking conference teams to European success in 20 seasons, no one at all would win anything in Europe with Scottish teams, yes the game would prob sell well the 1st year this level of difficulty was introduced, after then you would almost eliminate every casual FMer, at the end of it all, yes we want a challenge but we want an achievable challenge, at an acceptable level.

Best post in the topic

That could open a can of worms because it would require the AI to have access to human tactics. This is borderline cheating though' date=' as human users cannot see AI tactics thus it's giving it an (unfair) advantage.[/quote']

Yes but we have lots of advantages over the AI. So it evens out. ;)

That's why as Erimus1876 pointed out, we are advocating more advanced options in the editor to make the game as challenging or easy as we want. That way SI won't be required to make any drastic changes in the game.

SI - take the game in the direction you want but give us the ability to mod the game and everyone will be happy. :)

Archived