FM2012 difficulty.

How are you finding the difficulty on FM2012?  

1,760 members have voted

1. 1. How are you finding the difficulty on FM2012?

• The game is too easy.
    • The difficulty is about right.
    • The game is too hard.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well after playing four seasons I can officialy say that the game is now ridiculously easy, and by far the easiest recent FM version. I've won everything there is to win for four years. I've NEVER been able to do that with world class teams from the start of the game. Also, the amount of brilliant regens now is daft so not only does the game start easily, it just gets easier and easier.

I guess I'll start a new game with some crappy club and no money, but I already know that after two or three seasons (if that), I'll be in the top flight sitting in the top four, if not top.

People can dress it up all they like but the simple fact remains that it's way too easy now.

If it is so easy, then why do you need to download other people's tactics?

If it is so easy, then why do you need to download other people's tactics?

First of all you have absolutely no idea what tactics I use, or have used to win everything.

Secondly, there is a lot more to the game, and winning, than just tactics.

And thirdly, how is me downloading and trying out different tactics an argument that the game isn't too easy? All in all it's Pretty baffling logic and I could pick it apart but I just cant be bothered as somebody will always find some way of trying to dress the game up as not being too easy, like you just did.

It's too easy now, for me, and a lot of other people.

First of all you have absolutely no idea what tactics I use, or have used to win everything.

And thirdly, how is me downloading and trying out different tactics an argument that the game isn't too easy? All in all it's Pretty baffling logic and I could pick it apart but I just cant be bothered as somebody will always find some way of trying to dress the game up as not being too easy, like you just did.

To a point you are right that there is more to winning that just having the right tactical approach but no matter what you do away from the pitch if you have a carp tactic you will not win.

By downloading a tactic that someone may have spent hours refining you are eliminating a major aspect of the games learning curve, to argue that a game is too easy after making the decision to skip one of the most crucial aspects of the game (tactic creation & development) is about as illogical as it gets.

If you have the right tactics and players, then you dont need to worry about anything else in the game, there are plenty of users who dont use any of the features, they focus on tactics and picking the right players, if you have that right then the game is a lot easier, tactics are probably the single most important thing, have them right and everything else will fall into place. If your using downloaded tactics the creators will have spent a lot of time working out any kinks or problems before posting them up, basically taking away most of the work you have to do in the game. Its no surprise if you use them that you find things easier than those who dont download tactics.

Its too easy for you, yet we have a heaps of threads with people complaining since the patch its too hard, are they all wrong because you say so?

I saw your posting history in some tactic threads. So if you are downloading and trying other peoples tactics, then you are getting help from others.

It is pretty obvious that downloading other people's succesfull tactics will make your games easier. If you weren't searching for other people's help on this forum, you might have experienced more difficulties.

By the way, you didn't read my post well, because I never said the game wasn't easy. I just pointed out a logical inconsistency in your behavior.

Further I agree with milnerpoints post above me.

To a point you are right that there is more to winning that just having the right tactical approach but no matter what you do away from the pitch if you have a carp tactic you will not win.

By downloading a tactic that someone may have spent hours refining you are eliminating a major aspect of the games learning curve, to argue that a game is too easy after making the decision to skip one of the most crucial aspects of the game (tactic creation & development) is about as illogical as it gets.

So when did you, and a few others decide that I had won by downloading somebody elses tactics? Presumption is about illogical as it gets.

Some people read and see only what they choose to read and see.

I saw your posting history in some tactic threads. So if you are downloading and trying other peoples tactics, then you are getting help from others.

It is pretty obvious that downloading other people's succesfull tactics will make your games easier. If you weren't searching for other people's help on this forum, you might have experienced more difficulties.

By the way, you didn't read my post well, because I never said the game wasn't easy. I just pointed out a logical inconsistency in your behavior.

Further I agree with milnerpoints post above me.

I'm guessing you completely missed the bit about having no idea what tactics I've used, or have used to win everything.

So basically, what you're saying is that if anybody has come into these forums, or any FM forum and looked for any sort of help or tips, or had a look around for whatever, is then void of posting in a thread about game difficulty? Therefor anybody who has posted in this thread shouldn't be taken seriously because who knows what else they've been doing in these forums.

@Millner - Yes, they're all wrong because I decided they were. Just like you have decided that I downloaded tactics and used them to win everything.

So when did you, and a few others decide that I had won by downloading somebody elses tactics? Presumption is about illogical as it gets.

Some people read and see only what they choose to read and see.

After I saw someone post about downloaded tactics I looked at where you've been posting & noticed that you've been asking whether a downloadable tactic will work with the latest patch this thread & this thread should help jog your memory.

So far you've not clearly stated that you are not using a download tactic, in the context of a discussion where you've said that you find the game too easy I do believe this piece of information is crucial to understanding your perspective.

@Millner - Yes, they're all wrong because I decided they were. Just like you have decided that I downloaded tactics and used them to win everything.

I haven't decided anything, i said IF your using, not your ARE using, what's that about only seeing what you want?

No matter how hard I seem to try I never find the game easy. :(

Same here, never really had a save where i can just roll my face on the keyboard and win everything like it seems to be the case with most people..

I mean even in the career/challenges forums it seems that everyone gets consecutive promotions really easy and win the Champions League on the 2nd or 3rd season when they get to the top.. i never found it that easy.

Archived