FM2012 difficulty.

How are you finding the difficulty on FM2012?  

1,760 members have voted

1. 1. How are you finding the difficulty on FM2012?

• The game is too easy.
    • The difficulty is about right.
    • The game is too hard.

WHen you play first person shooter online experienced players are much better for first few months. You can feel the difference. In other games is the same. In FM i dont see the difference anymore. There is nothing to move you forward when you see pictures like in this thread.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NEVER say NEVER. Gap bettween casual gamers and experienced players is to big. Im reading lots of posts like "im new player and dont know nothing about tactic". - these players cant have same results as we who play for 20 years. But SI make them football GODS from beggining, making the game 2 easy.

While Ill be glad to help new players, there are other ways to help them. Like this forum for example. To make game easy is NEVER right way.

To be fair I don't think making the game too easy was done on purpose. I think its a bug or change in morale (or even possibly rep going by recent posts), thats gone unnoticed whilst the game was in beta. I don't know.

M8, game is easy for years, last time i had little challenge was in FM07 i think... WHy there is never bug that makes game harder? FM 11 was easy, this year is even worse situation. I dont like to mention name(s) of other games in SI forums, but good games have 3 things: Challenge, fun and addictiveness. THese things are connected. FM had last 2 things, with so so challenge. Now FM complitlly lost challenge and because of that fun and addictiveness is lost 2.

Now its only good if you can find 10 or 20 online players to play in league. i dont like playing with people i dont know, and my mates all have wifes and jobs and they cant play anymore. So that leaves me for singleplayer FM, and FM12 is so easy that makes me sick.

I voted "The game is too hard" in the first place. Mainly because I play Bayern and find it hard to get ride of losing streaks. My players played like idiot in losing streaks and I have no ideal how to solve it.

Then I read some article here saying how important morale is. I give it a try. Pick up players with highest morale, not skill, even play they slightly out of their best position. It turns out I end my losing streaks, won 2:1, both goals came from own goal of opposite. It's not the end. Next game I play away with my biggest rival, Dortmund, who beat me twice last season by 3 goals both home and away. I applied same "morale always comes first" policy and I won 3:0 and 2 of them are own goal. The last game I won 2:0 easily and I been given one own goal. In short, I been given 5 own goals in 3 winning games. I also noticed that with higher morale, even you're unlucky to score, the opposite with act like idiot to make sure they will lose.

Basically I do nothing but play players with highest morale to win the game. So I decide to change my mind on this subject. Count me out of "this game is too hard" and count me in "this game is too easy".

What, you mean like this?

Barnet - media prediction 24th.

mediams.jpg

No transfers.

Default Tactics.

No Training.

No Team Talks.

barnetresults.jpg

Not only did the opposition rarely beat me, they stopped scoring against me too. That was the last straw.

The league table at the time of me giving up in dissapointment at the games ease.

leaguetablep.jpg

I was 2 points off automatic promotion, 26 points ahead of my predicted 24th.

Had the best defence in the league.

I bought no one.

I used the default 442.

Or like this 2nd save with Barnet (remember them? the worst team in the football league?)...

Again,

No transfers.

Default Tactics.

No Training.

No Team Talks.

barnettablevpoorai.jpg

If I can recover my Bishop Stortford and Hartlepool saves I'll post their massive over-achievement with minimal effort too.

Point is. The argument of being a small team = a challenge is not true anymore, especially in FM12. Yes some people are finding it a challenge. But some people are not - it does not matter what team you manage.

Be thankful you have a save going that is challenging and fun. A lot of people still haven't had that pleasure yet, and the games been out what? 2 weeks?

your game is in november.

no offense, you have points.... but how many times have we seen a newly promoted side or poor prem side have a fantastic run through the first half of the season with dreams of europe, only to come down to earth? and that's the premiership... not league 2 where it's not unheard of for double promotions and what not.

Ok fair enough milner. I'm just fed up with people coming on here saying be a small team if you want a challenge when they have no idea what the issue being discussed is. No doubt a lot of those people probably voted for the games just fine and skewed the results lol (but thats another story ;)).

Yeah i have never been in that boat really, you pick the team you want and you should expect to enjoy the game no matter what. I do think the game is a bit easier with the big teams but purely because you have ample funds to sort out any issues and you will outspend the AI at all times, but thats another topic really. That doesnt mean that choosen Barnet or anyone else should be impossible to achieve anything.

Your last sentence is silly tho, who's to say they're not actually finding the game hard? Like i said i have not found FM12 any easier so far, infact in FM11 i had already won the league by the 5th season, right now im miles away from that. It really isnt as cut and dry as this thread makes out, that is why people come on and argue with you, at times the feeling from this thread is if you dont agree your an idiot and dont know what your talking about, both sides have their case and reasons, SI need to find a middle ground that suits all of these people, not just those finding it easy, or those finding it hard.

NEVER say NEVER. Gap bettween casual gamers and experienced players is to big. Im reading lots of posts like "im new player and dont know nothing about tactic". - these players cant have same results as we who play for 20 years. But SI make them football GODS from beggining, making the game 2 easy.

While Ill be glad to help new players, there are other ways to help them. Like this forum for example. To make game easy is NEVER right way.

I thought id highlight for a laugh :)

No one made the game easier by design, i can promise you that even tho i dont work for SI. Your right you should never say never, but again i can safely say a difficulty level will not come into FM, its been said by Dev's plenty times already and i cannot see that changing in a hurry.

Its not that bad (despite my ranting :)). I'm starting a save where I'm going to use FMRTE to reset my morale to neutral every 4 games or so. Maybe give it a try yourself and see how it goes? Not realistic I know but better than ditching a game you paid 30 quid for surely?

ive never used FMRTE at all...is it easy enough to use without too much messing about?

also,is it me or have SI gone quiet on this thread/topic???

I know how you feel. Its the same problem. i care for people who are finding game 2 hard, because something its not right and its the same problem. SI said that they will look at this , so we must be patient and wait. Problems are much bigger, but we would be happy with quick fix. In the future they need to change ME, because its with us for 2 many years. We know every angle of ME and we need the new beginning. YOu cant eat same food for 10 years every day, even its the best food you ever tasted.

your game is in november.

no offense, you have points.... but how many times have we seen a newly promoted side or poor prem side have a fantastic run through the first half of the season with dreams of europe, only to come down to earth? and that's the premiership... not league 2 where it's not unheard of for double promotions and what not.

Thats true, but you missed the point I was making. Actually you missed 2 points.

1.. I specifically chose teams that should be trying to avoid relegation because I wanted to have a relegation battle season. On 4 different saves I did nothing spectacular manager-wise and saw my teams challenging for the title or promotion. Which brings me on to point 2...

2.. Everything was achieved whilst avoiding the transfer & loan market completely as not to better my squad. I used the default tactics so there was no need for me to use my managerial expertise *cough* trying to devise strategies to grind out results against better opposition. I never trained my players, it was left on default settings... thats another vital aspect of a managers role completely ignored, and neither me or my assistant gave any team talks - yet another vital aspect of managing a football team completely ignored.

Now if I had utilisied all of those aspects to the best of my ability I could accept the season I was having was down to good management. It wasn't. All I did was pick the starting 11 and use shouts in-game. Thats it, period! And thats all I did on all the saves I played. It should not be that easy wether you're Barnet or Barcelona.

Some people say all they have to do is press continue and win the league. I haven't experienced that myself. I've always had to have some input somewhere to achieve stuff, so there is hope yet ;)

Erimus, when I use your approach in my game, we get thrashed. I don't think you're lying or anything, I'm just saying that the game doesn't work like that for everybody and perhaps you are a part of the unlucky minority who experience bugs with the AI etc.

edit: OMG what kind of testing is that Erimus? Using shouts? Come on. That's basically changing the sliders and therefore your whole tactics. Shouts win games on their own. You can't use shouts and than say that the game is too easy. If you use the right shouts, that means you are using the right tactics and in League 2, sorry but that will get you promoted irl too.

I thought id highlight for a laugh :)

No one made the game easier by design, i can promise you that even tho i dont work for SI. Your right you should never say never, but again i can safely say a difficulty level will not come into FM, its been said by Dev's plenty times already and i cannot see that changing in a hurry.

HAHA. Good 1 on me. Never say never except when I say NEVER. :)

edit: OMG what kind of testing is that Erimus? Using shouts? Come on. That's basically changing the sliders and therefore your whole tactics. Shouts win games on their own. You can't use shouts and than say that the game is too easy. If you use the right shouts, that means you are using the right tactics and in League 2, sorry but that will get you promoted irl too.

I was going to say that, minus the OMG ;), i do very little in the main tactics screen, i use touchline shouts for all i want to achieve, i have done since they came into the game, they can have a huge effect on the out come of a game.

Is the Barnet save you have done any different to what Hull achieved a few years back, or Blackpool last season? Newcastle this year are the only unbeaten team in the EPL out with Man City, it would be interesting to see if you carried that form the the remainder of the season.

Erimus, when I use your approach in my game, we get thrashed. I don't think you're lying or anything, I'm just saying that the game doesn't work like that for everybody and perhaps you are a part of the unlucky minority who experience bugs with the AI etc.

Wait, so you're saying shouts are massively overpowered too?

Ok I can accept that. But surely I should have to do more than just pick the starting 11 with the worst team in the league to see them pushing for promotion, possibly well safe of relegation before the halfway point in a season?

I used default tactics because I know its so easy to unwittingly exploit some AI flaw with player made ones, I honestly never knew shouts were so FUBAR'd too :(

Ill say OMG now, what shouts could be so important in real life or in game, that you can win games without doint nothing except shouts ? SO that makes game balanced?! Ok, now i know... new name for FM is Football Shouts!

Btw. Erimus- what MIRACLE shouts have u used? Maybe its bug in shouts! Ironic.

I have not started my save yet but some of the results I have seen is ridicolous, for instance I have just gone through on the Newcastle team thread and seen a person in their second season beat Arsenal 5-0 away from home. Is that realistic or what?

What would you have thought if you saw someone post a screen shot of Man City beating United 6-1 at Old Trafford in the 1st season had the game not happened in real life?

I was going to say that, minus the OMG ;), i do very little in the main tactics screen, i use touchline shouts for all i want to achieve, i have done since they came into the game, they can have a huge effect on the out come of a game.

Is the Barnet save you have done any different to what Hull achieved a few years back, or Blackpool last season? Newcastle this year are the only unbeaten team in the EPL out with Man City, it would be interesting to see if you carried that form the the remainder of the season.

Its not a one-off though. Yes its possible, but when the first 4 saves you start all go the same way its not a one off and is soul destroying to a point lol.

Actually the only saves where I got a good challenge from the beginning (there's 2 of them) were the ones where I edited TA's. But SI have said TA's don't work like that and have no impact on AI strength.

I'm trying the no-shouts and morale levelling FMRTE method from now on!

Wait, so you're saying shouts are massively overpowered?

Ok I can accept that. But surely I should have to do more than just pick the starting 11 with the worst team in the league to see them pushing for promotion, possibly well safe of relegation before the halfway point in a season.

I used default tactics because I know its so easy to unwittingly exploit some AI flaw with player made ones, I honestly never knew shouts were so FUBAR'd too :(

Im not going to dispute the whole thing with you, but you have chosen a solid tactic in a league where solidity is one of the most vital aspects of tactical building, and you have made constant tactical adjustments to suit each game by using shouts, shouts arent over powered, they are tactical changes to the way your team is set up, some will have a huge effect depending on opposition and various other things.

Again tho with Barnet have you achieved anything more than Hull did at the same point a few years ago? They were HUGE relegation candidates and yet were top 6 at xmas.

Well shouts are basically telling your team how to play, a.k.a. tactics. Problem?

PS: I never use tactics sliders. I just select a formation and give duties, then just use shouts to define how we play. And it's greatly effective so that's why when I didn't use any of those the team actually got relegated. Good to find this out, hopefully they'll only tweak motivation and do nothing else yet

Its not a one-off though. Yes its possible, but when the first 4 saves you start all go the same way its not a one off and is sole destroying to a point lol.

Actually the only saves where I got a good challenge from the off (2 of them) were the ones where I edited TA's. But SI have said TA's don't work like that and have no impact on AI strength.

I'm trying the no-shouts and morale levelling FMRTE method from now on!

Yes but others have done saves following your method and failed massively, thats why i say its not as cut and dry as is being made out, if this was a massive issue it would be across the board, i would have won the league by now, not struggling for 5 seasons to break top 3. It does appear with the right set of circumstances things can get too easy, SI will work on that, but it doesnt mean they have dumbed down the game or anything.

What would you have thought if you saw someone post a screen shot of Man City beating United 6-1 at Old Trafford in the 1st season had the game not happened in real life?

Good point but just seems odd, Man City are worth billions so I wouldnt put it past someone and when I see FM players posting screenshots finishing 2nd with a team such as Blackburn (which I have seen) I do find that strange and unrealistic. When i have played FM in recent years the difficulty level as always been just about right but from what people are claiming and screenshots I do think if the game is being made too easy.

Im not going to dispute the whole thing with you, but you have chosen a solid tactic in a league where solidity is one of the most vital aspects of tactical building, and you have made constant tactical adjustments to suit each game by using shouts, shouts arent over powered, they are tactical changes to the way your team is set up, some will have a huge effect depending on opposition and various other things.

Again tho with Barnet have you achieved anything more than Hull did at the same point a few years ago? They were HUGE relegation candidates and yet were top 6 at xmas.

Ok, so there's a problem with shouts & tactics. I can accept that. But is it so big a problem that it can effectively negate the need to strengthen a poor team in the transfer market, avoid the need to even converse with your players, train them, and no need for team meetings, plus a lot of other things a manager should do? Basically become a spectator who shouts abuse from the stands and gets his team to win the league? Besides, if you look at many of the other screen shots showing over-achievement (the Marseille one being the latest) it shows this problem doesn't matter what team you are or what level you're playing at. Maybe we should run a poll and see how many overachievers used shouts.

Good point but just seems odd, Man City are worth billions so I wouldnt put it past someone and when I see FM players posting screenshots finishing 2nd with a team such as Blackburn (which I have seen) I do find that strange and unrealistic. When i have played FM in recent years the difficulty level as always been just about right but from what people are claiming and screenshots I do think if the game is being made too easy.

So you really thought there was a possibility of Man United getting the biggest home defeat in their history? Come on, i know they say expect the unexpected but no one in the world thought City would win that game by 5 goals, and it could have been a lot more. Did anyone think United would put 8 goals past Arsenal, even tho they were in a bad shape at the time?

I'm not convinced the game is too easy just from some screenshots that some people are showing, and claims that are made along with those. There are many times that the AI doesn't do a great job with it's rotation, tactical selection, etc. and sometimes it pays a price for it. That's unavoidable. And if players choose to use every potential calculcated advantage available to them as a player, they will always beat the game. That's also unavoidable.

In general terms though, while I'm overachieving, I'm not doing so by a massive factor. I'm playing with LLM rules and not using any tactical exploits, and while I've climbed two divisions in nine seasons I'm struggling to stay at the top level (having gone down and bounced up once already). The challenge could be slightly harder, but I think incremental improvements to AI decision making and addressing tactical exploits will achieve this (and the morale smoothing out that PaulC mentioned certainly won't hurt).

Erimus, are you going to answer my question about trying the same technique with the weakest team in a more competitive league?

Sorry, I didn't see it.

The only save I've tried in a bigger league was Napoli, but it was a test save with modified TA's trying to make the game harder. I think I was 5th (pred. 8th) doing well under the circumstances of a minimal managerial influence game. Although to answer your question you only need to read other peoples testimonies of managing in bigger leagues and see their screenshots (one that springs to mind is Swansea finishing 4th or 5th in season 1 - yes doable, but come on!) My opinion would be it would be harder in a bigger league, but thats not the point. Surely there should be a modicrum of challenge for all levels of the game?

Ok, so there's a problem with shouts & tactics. I can accept that. But is it so big a problem that it can effectively negate the need to strengthen a poor team in the transfer market, avoid the need to even converse with your players, train them, and no need for team meetings, plus a lot of other things a manager should do? Basically become a spectator who shouts abuse from the stands and gets his team to win the league? Besides, if you look at many of the other screen shots showing over-achievement (the Marseille one being the latest) it shows this problem doesn't matter what team you are or what level you're playing at. Maybe we should run a poll and see how many overachievers used shouts.

Who said shouts were the problem??? Thats basically saying tactical changes have too much of an effect on the out come of a game, if shouts didnt really do anything what would be the point of them? They are designed so you dont have to go into the tactics menu all the time when you want to change things about. If anything at times they dont do exactly what you would want. If you have a solid tactic, a team in good moral, and a manager who knows when and what to change when things are going wrong who knows what you could achieve. Blackpool did fantasticly well with what was essentially a Championship team, infact they lost players to the Championship as they are such a small club, but they had a fantastic set up and mentality, that made the big difference for them.

A poll really will prove nothing on this matter.

So you really thought there was a possibility of Man United getting the biggest home defeat in their history? Come on, i know they say expect the unexpected but no one in the world thought City would win that game by 5 goals, and it could have been a lot more. Did anyone think United would put 8 goals past Arsenal, even tho they were in a bad shape at the time?

Your right but there is so much people complaining, how do you find the game? I hope it isnt as easy as people claim.

Your right but there is so much people complaining, how do you find the game? I hope it isnt as easy as people claim.

All im really saying is dont look too much into a single result. I lost 7-1 at home to Rangers in my previous season, doesnt mean my team is terrible, i made some horrible mistakes as did my team and a freak result happened.

Personally i dont see any difference from FM11, after 5 seasons , 1 cup win and 1 3rd place finish in the SPL with Aberdeen, my team goes on good runs and bad runs from time to time. What i have noticed is a bit of an improvement in the AI squad building, so far in my 6th season Celtic are unbeaten in Feb and have amassed a fantastic squad of players and found some gems i never knew about.

Its only easy for some. The poll results will tell you that. It just seems some people are having great success without really feeling as they've had to do much input to achieve it, whilst others (the majority) see no difference in difficulty from last years game.

Who said shouts were the problem??? Thats basically saying tactical changes have too much of an effect on the out come of a game, if shouts didnt really do anything what would be the point of them? They are designed so you dont have to go into the tactics menu all the time when you want to change things about. If anything at times they dont do exactly what you would want. If you have a solid tactic, a team in good moral, and a manager who knows when and what to change when things are going wrong who knows what you could achieve. Blackpool did fantasticly well with what was essentially a Championship team, infact they lost players to the Championship as they are such a small club, but they had a fantastic set up and mentality, that made the big difference for them.

A poll really will prove nothing on this matter.

Fair enough.

Ok, so what would you put it down to?, because at this point I'm out of ideas. Its not a fantasy in peoples imaginations that the game is easy. There's loads on here and other threads all saying the same thing (yes the minority, but that doesn't make it a non-problem). I know you are finding this years game just as challenging as last years, but I'm interested in hearing from someone who is very experienced with the game and doesn't come across as biased against its ease (I know you're an advocate for better AI squad building ;)). What do you think the common denominator with all these easy games could be? I still think its morale-related personally. Shouts or no shouts :)

Erimus1876- can you tell me what shouts you use in the saves? All of them or specific?

Just the common sense stuff. Sit Back, pass to feet, keep possession, stay on feet etc when leading with 10-15 to go. Or get it forward, push up, hassle, get stuck in, overlap, early cross, when needing a goal. Stand off and stay on feet when playing a much better opposition. Nothing set in stone. The key is I watch my games in 3D so I get a feel for the flow of the game and use the ones that seem sensible given the current situation (maybe thats the problem lol).

Fair enough.

Ok, so what would you put it down to?, because at this point I'm out of ideas. Its not a fantasy in peoples imaginations that the game is easy. There's loads on here and other threads all saying the same thing (yes the minority, but that doesn't make it a non-problem). I know you are finding this years game just as challenging as last years, but I'm interested in hearing from someone who is very experienced with the game and doesn't come across as biased against its ease (I know you're an advocate for better AI squad building ;)). What do you think the common denominator with all these easy games could be? I still think its morale-related personally. Shouts or no shouts :)

From what i am reading i think the issue is, with the right conditions it can be very hard to lose a winning streak, it is prob linked to moral not dropping quick enough, but i think it has to be finely balanced, if they lower your teams moral too quickly then you will never get a winning streak going, but as it is, it does appear that you can go on massive unbeaten runs, it needs tweaked a bit.

Using your Barnet game as an example, i would imagine what has happened is, you take over a team with a good enough rep you increase the moral of your team, you then have a good pre-season, by the time the 1st league game comes around, your team is flying and they dont lose this despite a few hiccups along the way. You dont need a team meeting because as things stand your moral wont drop in a hurry, you dont need huge tactical adjustments for each game as your team is going out confident and by reading your posts you are changing things as you go along when needed. Your predicted to finish 24th, but i dont pay attention to that ever, Aberdeen are predicted to finish 4th in the 1st season, any realistic dons fan will tell you that is never going to be possible for us at the moment.

Long term im very interested to see how this years version goes, like i say early signs are that the squad building is better, but only 10-15 seasons will really show that. Hopefully my usage of FMRTE will be less this time around, although i did enjoy watching Scottish teams like Partick or Dundee spending £15m in a season :D

From what i am reading i think the issue is, with the right conditions it can be very hard to lose a winning streak, it is prob linked to moral not dropping quick enough, but i think it has to be finely balanced, if they lower your teams moral too quickly then you will never get a winning streak going, but as it is, it does appear that you can go on massive unbeaten runs, it needs tweaked a bit.

Using your Barnet game as an example, i would imagine what has happened is, you take over a team with a good enough rep you increase the moral of your team, you then have a good pre-season, by the time the 1st league game comes around, your team is flying and they dont lose this despite a few hiccups along the way. You dont need a team meeting because as things stand your moral wont drop in a hurry, you dont need huge tactical adjustments for each game as your team is going out confident and by reading your posts you are changing things as you go along when needed. Your predicted to finish 24th, but i dont pay attention to that ever, Aberdeen are predicted to finish 4th in the 1st season, any realistic dons fan will tell you that is never going to be possible for us at the moment.

Long term im very interested to see how this years version goes, like i say early signs are that the squad building is better, but only 10-15 seasons will really show that. Hopefully my usage of FMRTE will be less this time around, although i did enjoy watching Scottish teams like Partick or Dundee spending £15m in a season :D

Thanks. Well I'm going to test my idea of using FMRTE to rebalance morale when it gets too high or too low for too long and see how it goes. I haven't got far enough in a regular save yet to see AI team building at work but it sounds promising if the early signs hold up!

I think there is a huge difference between a couple of games in the real world, like the 6-1 match or the 8-2 match discussed further up, and going unbeaten most part of the season in the FM world with some of the teams in the screenshots presented in this thread...

no one is saying anything like that, the guy posted that he saw a thread when a user won 5-0 against City and said it looked unrealistic, i just pointed out that big shock results have happened this year and a single result should not be the defining point of the problem.

ive never used FMRTE at all...is it easy enough to use without too much messing about?

also,is it me or have SI gone quiet on this thread/topic???

I've written up a step by step approach on post #51 of the other thread in the editors forum, here..

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/285126-Possible-solutions-to-the-apparent-easiness-of-FM12?p=7270873&viewfull=1#post7270873

Initially its a bit of a mess on, but after you've made your preset its very quick and easy to implement it.

game is way to easy. I have played cm since 1996 and this version is the most boring so far. i played it 6-7 hours before i got bored of it. I can play for weaks if games are fun.

Just to easy to win and feels way to easy get very good players. i played 38 games and won 35 of em with a good team.

Plz SI make either difficulty levels in the game or at least make game much harder so the old player base that have sponsored and made this game where it is today can have their challange addicted brains satisfied.

mike

game is way to easy. I have played cm since 1996 and this version is the most boring so far. i played it 6-7 hours before i got bored of it. I can play for weaks if games are fun.

Just to easy to win and feels way to easy get very good players. i played 38 games and won 35 of em with a good team.

Plz SI make either difficulty levels in the game or at least make game much harder so the old player base that have sponsored and made this game where it is today can have their challange addicted brains satisfied.

mike

This. Just watch out, people who didnt read first 5 pages will come and write to you that you must pick low league club.

It's weird. When I was on the demo, in the prem (with Man Utd but bare with me), it seemed really easy.

When the full game out I started a game with Crystal Palace. It took me 3 seasons to gain promotion, first season just missed out on playoffs, second lost in playoff final, third I finished second.

Now, in my fourth season I came 6th in the Premiership... I did improve my squad, I got Ben Foster in goal, Birmingham's Zayatte and Nedum Onuoha in defence, but they aren't actually really great defenders and I managed to came 6th. All while beating the likes of Chelsea (although they had a really bad season), Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and drawing to Man City.

Maybe the Premiership gets too easy somehow? But maybe I just had a good season and it will be more difficult as I try to avoid second season syndrome... I hope so.

It's weird. When I was on the demo, in the prem (with Man Utd but bare with me), it seemed really easy.

When the full game out I started a game with Crystal Palace. It took me 3 seasons to gain promotion, first season just missed out on playoffs, second lost in playoff final, third I finished second.

Now, in my fourth season I came 6th in the Premiership... I did improve my squad, I got Ben Foster in goal, Birmingham's Zayatte and Nedum Onuoha in defence, but they aren't actually really great defenders and I managed to came 6th. All while beating the likes of Chelsea (although they had a really bad season), Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and drawing to Man City.

Maybe the Premiership gets too easy somehow? But maybe I just had a good season and it will be more difficult as I try to avoid second season syndrome... I hope so.

YOu know whats the biggest problem when i read your post? If you was 6th in the right now best league in the world and you just gain promotion, im affraid to think how is playin FM in serie a, France, bundesliga, Portugal, Sweden. It must be crazy easy.

Archived