How do youth teams qualify for NextGen series?

I'm just into my 2nd season with Inter and was shocked to see that my youth team didn't 'qualify' for the U19 european youth com aka NextGen series despite winning it the previous year!

So I did a quick search and found this statement:

There are a few things that are taken into account when selecting which teams enter the competition each season.

This includes their youth recruitment, coaching and facilities as well as their performance in their youth/reserve league the previous. The standing of the senior squad is also taken into account.

In this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/277203-uner-19-european-championship?highlight=nextgen

My Inter has an excellent youth setup.

The youth team won the Nextgen series as well as the domestic youth league the previous year.

The senior team won the treble and is the highest ranked Italian team in the game, 6th in Europe.

So why isn't my youth team in the series!?! Instead, Milan is the only italian team in the current season :(

My reserves are in the semi finals vs Real madrid I have just noticed, but this current season my Reserves are sitting 6th. But my Under 18's are top, so am I with my Seniors. My Youth Setup is the best so I don't know if my reserves will make it next season

Archived