[FM12] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 || 4-2-3-1 • • • NEW VERSION!

Which version do you prefer?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you prefer?

• MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 FINAL
    • MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 SKYRIM

I think the new patch changes a lot of the best tactics for the worse.

for instance, Millsinho's 4-1-3-2 was very good and has come undone, and I think my tactics have suffered a little as well.

We're told that they changed 'very little' in the match engine - but whatever they did change it seems to have messed up a lot of tactics.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as a lot of people are struggling with various tactics after the patch, I think the problem may be not related to the ME, but due to the fact that it's become harder to motivate your players, unless you have already played some seasons and have a world class reputation. Motivation and team talks have such a big impact in this game.

Seeing as a lot of people are struggling with various tactics after the patch, I think the problem may be not related to the ME, but due to the fact that it's become harder to motivate your players, unless you have already played some seasons and have a world class reputation. Motivation and team talks have such a big impact in this game.

exactly mate. Ive some games, where I beat manu, lpool, chelsea, arsenal in a row and then getting a run of 10 games, where I cant even beat a championship side...

Ive decided to not play this game, until this problem is fixed. so, wouldnt be suprised, if there are the same amount of people, who have lots of success with this or another tactic, and a lot, who just struggle. its not the tactic, its much more, as you said, the player interaction system, which causes different results for any fm player.

For everyone having problems with the tactic since the patch, if you are running Windows 7 Pro as your OS, you might be able to do the following:

Browse to the directory that FM is installed in (C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2012 I think, at work, so don't have access to the laptop atm)

Right click on the Football Manager 2012 folder and select the Previous Versions tab

You should then see a snapshot of when your system was last patched, when it does this, it takes a snapshot of your machine.

Select one of the dates from before when the patch when live (Sunday?) and select open, find FM.exe, right click, copy

Jump back into the Original Football Manager 2012 folder and rename FM.exe to FM.OLD

Then right click anywhere in the folder and select paste. This will paste in the fm.exe which is sitting at 12.0.4

Double click fm.exe and voila, you'll have the game running at 12.0.4

It shouldn't autopatch as long as you launch the game by double clicking fm.exe, if you launch via the shortcut on your desktop, it will patch, as you are then launching the game via Steam as opposed to directly.

By launching fm.exe as standard, you should avoid patching all together, but I could be wrong.

Hope this helps some folks :)

For everyone having problems with the tactic since the patch, if you are running Windows 7 Pro as your OS, you might be able to do the following:

Browse to the directory that FM is installed in (C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2012 I think, at work, so don't have access to the laptop atm)

Right click on the Football Manager 2012 folder and select the Previous Versions tab

You should then see a snapshot of when your system was last patched, when it does this, it takes a snapshot of your machine.

Select one of the dates from before when the patch when live (Sunday?) and select open, find FM.exe, right click, copy

Jump back into the Original Football Manager 2012 folder and rename FM.exe to FM.OLD

Then right click anywhere in the folder and select paste. This will paste in the fm.exe which is sitting at 12.0.4

Double click fm.exe and voila, you'll have the game running at 12.0.4

It shouldn't autopatch as long as you launch the game by double clicking fm.exe, if you launch via the shortcut on your desktop, it will patch, as you are then launching the game via Steam as opposed to directly.

By launching fm.exe as standard, you should avoid patching all together, but I could be wrong.

Hope this helps some folks :)

Changing the .exe will only change the version number 'reported' not actually remove the updates caused by the newer version.

I'm playing with Maribor (Slovenia), second season. Beat Sheriff (Moldova), Flora Talinn (Estonia), Red Bull Salzburg in the qualifiying rounds. Then put in a group with Inter, HSV and Benfica. Beat Inter ad home, beat HSV away. Still 4 games to go. I didn't buy any player ...

I don't know why people are complaining about the new patch. It's working fine for me.

I don't think the game only patches the fm.exe file, there are others it updates as well so it might just seem like you're running 12.0.4 but in fact it is 12.1
Changing the .exe will only change the version number 'reported' not actually remove the updates caused by the newer version.

Ah ok, boo, well, in that case, the tactic is still working for me with Aberdeen, in the SPL second season. Only just started the season, a lot of new transfers (All free, we have no money :() and I started with a draw and a win in the league along with 2 wins against Steau in the Europa qualifiers.

Been drawn in a group with Arsenal, Benfica and Galatasaray tho :(

What's the best tactic version ?

0.4B officially, but technically there is no 'best' just as there is no 'best' tactic on the forum, every tactic will suit certain styles of play and certain teams better than others.

these tactics are hits and misses for me..very inconsistent performances..one min I can beat Juventus 1-0 away another match I get thrashed by spurs 0-3 at home. I'm using wolves by the way. Do I need to adjust anything if I'm like leading or trailing?

NOTES - OI's:

• I personally only use them in very rare and exceptional circumstances, they can be handy against a top AMC in an unusual formation such as how Man City often deploy Augero. With a strong team you shouldn't need them at all.

fuss what would you say?

what match prep you use??

Average & Defensive Positioning. Teamtalks make a hell of a difference now i find! Just drew my first game (won all the rest) Assertive and for the fans and i expect a win , gives no reaction then i say you have faith to every player & this seems to really do the trick for me. Justr tried my old method of aggresive i expect a win and faith and drew 0 - 0 with Sunderland.

On the notes on OI my team is basically favourites for every game inless its a team with World Class Rep away and i never use them.

Average & Defensive Positioning. Teamtalks make a hell of a difference now i find! Just drew my first game (won all the rest) Assertive and for the fans and i expect a win , gives no reaction then i say you have faith to every player & this seems to really do the trick for me. Justr tried my old method of aggresive i expect a win and faith and drew 0 - 0 with Sunderland.
ok so when would you use for the fans? and half time?

Assertive & i expect a win and so do the fans. (No response, then go you have (passionate) faith on everyone)

Half Time- If I'm losing, drawing or only winning by one. Aggressive I expect better, top option.

If I'm winning by two or more Calm with don't get complacent always the second one up complacent not the bottom one.

For anyone who doesn't respond and morale is lower than very good/superb passionate you have faith.

Full Time - If won Passionate and top option if drew are lost aggressive top option.

cheers, but what time would you use for fans just v rivals?? + you got a pm?

Assertive i expect a win and so do the fans followed by Passionate i have faith for people with below superb morale and who didnt respond to my first.

Been watching the soaps (because im cool) missed your PM. Tottenham are running riot against Chelski!

which tactic would you say best this are your new 4222???

Different tools for different jobs.

Coterminosity has an AMC (some people love to have the likes of Ganso or VDV in a tactic),

It's counter-attacking and very fast on the break, and it can result in some amazing score-lines.

Fusstidious uses two strikers (which a lot of people asked for),

It's a slow build up tactic, and tends to result in higher possession and control of the game, but does score less goals.

Which is better? Do you have a good AMC or great strikers? Which style of play do you prefer? It's up to you :)

Different tools for different jobs.

Coterminosity has an AMC (some people love to have the likes of Ganso or VDV in a tactic),

It's counter-attacking and very fast on the break, and it can result in some amazing score-lines.

Fusstidious uses two strikers (which a lot of people asked for),

It's a slow build up tactic, and tends to result in higher possession and control of the game, but does score less goals.

Which is better? Do you have a good AMC or great strikers? Which style of play do you prefer? It's up to you :)

i like the sitting on the fence ha ha, but i know what you try to say

how did you get on in the europa league and the other domestic cups?

I won the Euro Cup, got to the final of the FA Cup, and lost in the 4th round of the League Cup. In these cups I always play my reserves, except for the finals or in an ocasional clash with a bigger team.

Hey Marcelo, any chance that u might make a more defensive version of ur tweak. I score a ton load with them but seem to concede....I must give u and Fuss the props, but this tactic produces some really beautiful one touch footie

Hey Marcelo, any chance that u might make a more defensive version of ur tweak. I score a ton load with them but seem to concede....I must give u and Fuss the props, but this tactic produces some really beautiful one touch footie

I'd quite like to see the defensive setup of Fusstidious (which is very tight) combined with coterminosity offensive (playmaker etc) - I might get round to it at some point.

Sorry, but I prefer tactics that score a lot, even if conceding some.

Fuss, Firstly great tactic, I'm using 0.4B for my Colchester Utd side, won the league cup in first season in League 1 due to bigger clubs playing their reserves against me! Got promoted as champions and then got automatic promotion to the prem from the championship. I've now finished mid-table in my first season in the prem using your tactic and now hope to go one better in my 2nd prem season. I have two questions for you -

1. My team is really playing some great football but do you have any advice how to protect a lead? I've played a few games where I go 2 or 3-0 up and my opponents come back to draw or beat me late in the game?

2. Because this is my 4th season using 0.4B, do you recommend any changes to throw the AI off track? I just get this horrible feeling teams will get use to how I play soon enough and I will need to think about how to counter this?

millwall and newcastle now just trying out another tactic but i would deff recommend it

Hi cragswfc, i got the game today and have been reading up. Are your recent results testing Marcelo tweak on v 12.1.1?

Thanks

Edit - ignore me i just saw post 831 :)

Archived