Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheBetterHalf

THE BETTER HALF´S Tactic & Training Center***Updated With TEAM TACTICS***

Can i just take this opportunity to thank TheBetterHalf for all of her hard work. Tactics like these are defiantly the future and will be of immense help to people creating their tactics

It clearly shows with a little bit of understanding you can achieve great results with smaller sides

Which of these tactics do you suggest for FC Schalke 04?

I am not at my FM-comp so I cant really say. Perhaps the deep and wide 4222 ? Its one of my favourites.

When you will upload more team tactics?

Not really sure. I am gonna enjoy my normal save for à while first. I might present the 4411 for middle teams and the Narrow 433 for middle ans top teams in the coming days though.

Apologies in advance for my stupid questions but ive been away from FM for a while and haven't played any versions of the game for about 2 years.

I'm looking mostly at the No Uploads tactics and i'm probably just be thick but you dont seem to outline the individual tactics and roles of each player, just the team tactics? The other thing is that each tactics is prefaced with 'Any tweaks away from the pure TC-settings'. Again, i know im being thick but what are 'pure TC settings?'.

just on the shouts thing..you have to wait for the match to start before applying shouts via the "TV view" screen. unless im missing somthing..

Apologies in advance for my stupid questions but ive been away from FM for a while and haven't played any versions of the game for about 2 years.

I'm looking mostly at the No Uploads tactics and i'm probably just be thick but you dont seem to outline the individual tactics and roles of each player, just the team tactics? The other thing is that each tactics is prefaced with 'Any tweaks away from the pure TC-settings'. Again, i know im being thick but what are 'pure TC settings?'.

In the screens you can see the following.

The team settings, the formation and the playerroles and duties. These playerroles, like à central midfielder being à "cm" on " s" and à winger being à "IF" on "A" means that we are playing with à Central Mifielder on Support and an Inside Forward on Attack and this is how you should set the roles.

TC= tactic creator. This means that if not mentioned, the players settings have not been tweaked.

just on the shouts thing..you have to wait for the match to start before applying shouts via the "TV view" screen. unless im missing somthing..

No you don't have to wait. You can do the shouts pre-game at the pre-match team talk screen.

In the screens you can see the following.

The team settings, the formation and the playerroles and duties. These playerroles, like à central midfielder being à "cm" on " s" and à winger being à "IF" on "A" means that we are playing with à Central Mifielder on Support and an Inside Forward on Attack and this is how you should set the roles.

TC= tactic creator. This means that if not mentioned, the players settings have not been tweaked.

Ah yes, thankyou. I didnt realise the formation screen also showed player roles.

No you don't have to wait. You can do the shouts pre-game at the pre-match team talk screen.

how? please tell me how to do it. i go to shouts on the tab next to team talk and it just allows you to select the ones you want to use all at once..

how? please tell me how to do it. i go to shouts on the tab next to team talk and it just allows you to select the ones you want to use all at once..

Well, you can click it again and again and chose multiple shouts but the best way is to save the shouts.

Prematch, just click " tactics" and then click " shouts". Here, you save the group Of shouts and then implement them in the prematch/ team talk menu.

just want too say im using the 442 top team tactic with my juve save and its working brilliantly. played 11 competitive matches so far at the start of my 5th season and ive won all but 1 which i drew, conceding ONE goal. love it! thank you!

hi TBH,

what version of the 4312 did you use to win them 10 games in a row without conceding with inter?

I started matches with the Balanced approach and switched to the quicker counter not actually needing to score more goals. If the opponent attacked me, I hit them on the counter and If they sat back, I just held possession.

just want too say im using the 442 top team tactic with my juve save and its working brilliantly. played 11 competitive matches so far at the start of my 5th season and ive won all but 1 which i drew, conceding ONE goal. love it! thank you!

Yeah, using these topteam tactics with top teams makes the game too easy.

Hi Mate

Have been using the Man Utd tactic in my 2nd season with liverpool and dont seem to be able to get consistent results with either tactic. Not sure what im doing wrong but 1 week i beat Arsenal away the next I lose to Sunderland away who are 14th in the league.

My Team consists of the following

GK - Reina

RB Johnson/Kyle Walker

CB - Agger

CB - Coates

LB - Enrique/Mattock

RM - Henderson/Henri Lansbury

DLP - Lucas

CM - Gerrard

LM - Downing/Adam Johnston

STP - Tevez

DLF - Suarez

obviously with the 2 I have up front i would prefer to play 442 and think that my players are good enough to play it but maybe not. Any advice would be apprectiated.

PS do you use OI and match prep couldnt find anything in the thread unless i missed it.

Great read I have learned much from this, sorry to go off topic TheBetterHalf just wondering what skin you use? I can't see my shouts on the tactics panel like

you have yours setup.

Great read I have learned much from this, sorry to go off topic TheBetterHalf just wondering what skin you use? I can't see my shouts on the tactics panel like

you have yours setup.

Its called cut& paste :)

( the skin is scorpio)

The OP has really gone to so much trouble to outline all his tactics and i admire his patience and attention to detail,,,,,,,,,,however there are so many tactics here that this thread is so confusing imo.

I feel it would be better and less cumbersome to put the different tactics into different threads,,,,brake it up a bit make it easier to concentrate on one tactic.

I have no idea which one to use and it would take to long to test them all,,,,,,anyone got any idea as to which is the best?

The OP has really gone to so much trouble to outline all his tactics and i admire his patience and attention to detail,,,,,,,,,,however there are so many tactics here that this thread is so confusing imo.

I feel it would be better and less cumbersome to put the different tactics into different threads,,,,brake it up a bit make it easier to concentrate on one tactic.

I have no idea which one to use and it would take to long to test them all,,,,,,anyone got any idea as to which is the best?

The thread contains the following tactics. Here is a short decprition so you wont find it too confusing

TEAM TACTICS- NO Uploads

Here, I present some teally good settings to use when playing with topteams, middle teams and underdogs. If you fel like not wanting to plug & play and not use an actuall downloaded tactic, then this might be the place to look

PLUG & PLAY TACTICS - UPLOADED

As in the description. It contain 2 uploaded plug & play tactics and although made in 12.0.4, they should work

THE SETS MADE IN FM11 - UPLOADED

Here, we have some tacticsets of 6 versions of using the classic mode. This is mostly for those still playing FM11 and although they do work in FM12, there is no need for them as I find the default TC setting just as good in this yers edition

THE BIG PACK MADE IN FM11 - UPLOADED

My big pack of tactics from anf for FM11

As you see. there is no best tactic as these dont try to exploit the ME. If playing with Inter, then the Narrow Inatlian 4312 will be best, If playing with Man U, then perhaps the 4231 or 4422 for top teams. If playing with Leicester, then the 4231 for middle teams etc etc.

Thanks for all the good tactics you have posted TheBetterHalf ;)

Is it possible you can repost the formations for the 4231 middleteam (no 1 is mising) and the no3 on top teams ?

Thanks

Thanks for all the good tactics you have posted TheBetterHalf ;)

Is it possible you can repost the formations for the 4231 middleteam (no 1 is mising) and the no3 on top teams ?

Thanks

Will try to get some new images up tonight. Thanks for letting me know, cheers !

Hi

I can't get the download link for the 4-4-2 tactics. It say's the file is not available anymore. Anyone could help please?

hey tbh, there are a few ss missing unfortunatly,could you try to upload the missing ones again pliz? waht about making a shouts guide? like, use these to make your team do this type of guide?

Finally able to play the game again :) ( no more lagging)

Going to start à new save in league one/two and construct à solid " Direct Counter" approach for teams likely to play on poor pitches. Anyone else up for making such àn approach ( same format as the team tactics) using à couple of different formations? À flat 442, à 451 and à Narrow one without wingers( 4132 or 41311)

hey im trying to make that kind of tactic with crewe without any signings but having no luck at all so maybe u cud look at them?

I am going to start with looking for à team with agressive and hardworking ballwinners in midfield along with some strength and pace upfront and take it from there. This approach will be one that should see à team getting promotions to the premiership without any complete players, just hardworking and physicall ones. No flair, no creative ones, just plain old English League One/Two style Of players.

im looking forward to this as im just about to start a new game with plymouth. i think they have what your looking for.

im looking forward to this as im just about to start a new game with plymouth. i think they have what your looking for.

I was thinking something in the lines Of

- rigid- counter-Direct- stay in position( the rest default)

Using à 451, I would use 2 ballwinners on support infront Of an anchorman. One stoppet and one cover DC. The wingers and would be down to the players at hand but NO targetman unless he is something extra( which he wont be ;) ).

At home against weaker opposition, I would give the MCs the role Of Box2Box instead and use Wingbacks, also changing the press to press more, and shout " play wider "

Away to better opponents, I would switch strategy to " Defend" and make the Wingers Defensive Wingers and the FC à Defensive forward.

How does that sound ?

I was also thinking about the 3rd match strategy, one that aims to sit with many men behind the ball and try to retain possession after winning the ball back ( i.e not à high pressing possession tactic as such)

Here, the wingers are pulled back into MR/L position in à 4141 formation.

We play The Standard strategy, normal passing and tweak the focus play so its down the flanks. We use Defensive wingers on support, 2 B2B mids moving into channels infront Of the anchorman. From the start, we implement " exploit the middle" " play more narrow" and " overlaps". Contradictive ? , well not really. We keep à tight shape, the wingers are used more in the transition phase with the support Of the fullbacks while the MCs are plages slightly higher up in the pitch and are more attacking( the exploit the middle shout).

Naturally, this approach is harder when the pitch is hard from frost as the pitch down the flanks Will be in poor condition.

Thoughts ?

unfortunately i dont have a clue thats why i always use your tactics. thats why in looking forward to you finished tactic.

unfortunately i dont have a clue thats why i always use your tactics. thats why in looking forward to you finished tactic.

You could try the 3 suggested settings above as à starter( the 451 counter, 451 defensive and 4141 standard possession) set them all for the team to learn.

Regarding shouts, its more or less down to

- Get ball forward versus retain possession

- Pass into space versus pass to feet

- Hassle and push up versus Drop deeper

Apart from the ones suggested for the Standard approach, these are really the only ones to to consider at this level.

Hi there

I am pretty poor at planning out tactics, so have always downloaded and played with others. However, I'd really like to get a 4-4-2 diamond working. The 4-3-1-2 you've posted looks interesting, but I'm thinking in terms of:

Sweeper Keeper

Standard back 4

DMC - perhaps anchor

MR/L - wingers

AMC - perhaps advanced playmaker

poacher and complete/advanced forward

Apart from Dafuge, I haven't seen anyone else use this. My concern is the middle of the park. At a push I could move the AMC back there. But I would like to get this to work.

Would you have any suggestions and useful shouts? How about individual instructions in terms of tackling/marking etc. I have started a thread with more detail - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/305369-Advice-Experience-needed-creating-a-4-4-2-Diamond

I'd value any help you could offer.

Thanks

Paul

Hi

I'm playing Bayern with the 4-4-2 MAnchester tactic. It's been very sucsessfull, but in the Cleague I'm just not able to beat Barca. They are simply to good.

Any sugestion?

Thx

Hi there

I am pretty poor at planning out tactics, so have always downloaded and played with others. However, I'd really like to get a 4-4-2 diamond working. The 4-3-1-2 you've posted looks interesting, but I'm thinking in terms of:

Sweeper Keeper

Standard back 4

DMC - perhaps anchor

MR/L - wingers

AMC - perhaps advanced playmaker

poacher and complete/advanced forward

Apart from Dafuge, I haven't seen anyone else use this. My concern is the middle of the park. At a push I could move the AMC back there. But I would like to get this to work.

Would you have any suggestions and useful shouts? How about individual instructions in terms of tackling/marking etc. I have started a thread with more detail - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/305369-Advice-Experience-needed-creating-a-4-4-2-Diamond

I'd value any help you could offer.

Thanks

Paul

Its funny you brought it up since I am actually using à wide diamond as we speak. I have been using the following setup.

Balanced- Control

Shorter-press more

Playmaker "unticked" and set to none

Fullbacks support

Cds- Defend

DMC - support

TQ- support,, but with mentality set to first notch Of normal

Winger+ defensive wing ( depending on player at hand)

Poacher

Defensive FC

Shouts- When wanting to be patient

Retain,, pass to feet, work ball, play out Of defence, overlap

Shouts- when wanting to get forward

Pass into space, play wider, exploit flanks,

Shouts when cautious( counter strategy)

Narrow, retain, work ball, pass to feet

Thanks for the reply.

How is it working for you? I tested the formation for a number of games, but really struggled with it. There was the odd flash of beauty (winger actually crossing the ball well, or a class through ball by the AMC) - but it mostly struggled. The defence looked vulnerable (even with the DMC set purely defensive) and I started to create less and less, with the players seeming to struggle to find forward options.

Someone has since suggested some tweaks which I think appear to be what you're attempting - namely pulling the AMC role further back and trying a DW. Never used a DW before, are they effective? Do they still get forward enough to cross and score now and then? I do like to spread the goals round if I can - a 50 a goal striker I find a bit dull (but if pressed I might consider it!). I find setting up wingers quite tricky in this version. And to a certain degree, strikers too. I find myself screaming for them to cross, only to see they keep running into dead ends. Even if I try and get them to cross earlier.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I'll be very interested to see your results/write up if that's what you're intending.

Cheers

The problem lies in the ball physic, meaning that à clearance in haste or à header from à defender too often results in à perfekt direct ball into channels for the opponent to run into. Naturally, we benfit from this to( providing the pacey Poacher with 50+ goals /season) but this makes the wide Diamond more unstable than other formations.

As for defensive wingers, they work really good. If you want them to act like à hardworking winger rather than à holding one, just untick their hold up ball. One crucial thing though is that they ( or any MRL in this formation) is to play right on right and left on left, not using any cut Inside wingers as they too often loose out in possesion when making dangerous sideway passes. If the fullback has then made an overlap, we are outnumbered when they launch à counter attack.

TBH I was thinking about using this but wondered of I could use the 3 4-2-3-1's in this way:

Use 'Underdog' against Bigger Teams (or an away tie in the CL)

Use 'Middle' against similar teams.

Use 'Top' against easy teams.

Do you reckon this could work?

Have you ever created a tactic which follows the strategy enforced by the infamous Arsenal invincible's? Recently been trying to get such a 4-4-2 to work using the following settings:

Balanced- Standard/Counter

More roaming-press more

Fullback Right Auto

Wingback left Auto

Cds- Defend

CM's - BWM defend/ BBM Support

Two attacking wingers both cutting inside

Poacher/ Treq Partnership

Shouts- Counter

Push higher up, Pass into space, Narrower, play through defence, work ball, early crosses, Ball forward, Hassle, Exploit Flanks

Shouts- Control (Using standard)

Play wider, Pass to feet, Overlap, Hassle, Exploit Flanks

Shouts - Attacking (Using standard)

Play out of Defence, Push higher up, Retain Poss, play through Defence, Work ball into box

Came into being from your Top team 442, I have just seemed to find using Standard and tweaking with the shouts is a solid base. debating the change to Control or Attacking but i'm not convinced which is more suitable.

TheBetterHalfs Underdog/small team

The Direct Counter

Wide 42121

Abstract

Here is the 5th formation using the same approach

People that have read my post in recent years know that I have moved away form using plug & play tactic, tactics that by tweaking sliders in a trial & error manor with the aim to beat the match engine rather than the opponent. So this might come as a slight surprise, being a thread where I not only upload such a tactic, but also that I have used someone else's work as a framework ( Akash777)

Naturally, I have had permission to upload these and whilst they have been heavily tweaked away from his tactic, I big credit goes to him

The

Versions

This small set consist of 3 versions that are to be used as plug & play tactics. The first version is called "High Press", the 2nd "Lower press" and the 3rd " Patient Stretching". Playing as an underdog, the main versions are the pressing ones. If you feel that you have the ability to disturb the opponent by putting a hell of a lot more pressure on them, then use the high press and if you are more scared that you might be dragged out of position by this superior team, then use the lower press version

If playing at the top level or just under it, even as an underdog you will come across teams that you are superior

to. Then, you can use the "patient stretch" version as an alternative

Formation

formatiopn.png

The flow using Underdogs

As soon as a counter attack is launched, we keep a direct

game and channel t-balls from the middle onto the flanks for our 3 attacking

players to tun onto. Our single MC keeps a restricted game but he is supported

by 2 more attacking minded DMCs that always seeks free space. When our fullbacks

get into possession deep down field, they hold on to the ball to drag the

opposition onto them.This means that if we face a tea sitting deep and defend,

our attacking players are likely to make a run forward in vain and the FBs hold

onto the ball, making these attacking players easy to mark as the opposition

simply denies us space to play these direct t-balls into. This is why this

approach is for underdogs and perhaps middle teams.

The flow using better teams/ top teams

It does work for top teams to, don't get me wrong. You

would easily win the league with Man U, Man C but the flow wont look as good as

playing a different approach and you will see more 1-0, 2-1 wins instead of 3-0.

5-1 etc. Simply put, there is no reason to use it unless you like being in agony

over those longshots

The Result

The Result

First

save

Peterborough-2011/2012 CCC - 6th, promotion after beating Reading

and Forest in the playoffs

1posh.png

Second save - some club hopping testing

the tactic. All clubs using a new manager with Sunday League rep.

Hudds 2011/2012 League One -1st,Easy promotion, used the hassle version mostly and at

the end of the season, the patient stretch.

1hudds.png

Walsall 2013/14 - 3rd, missed out in the

playoffs League On

Morecambe 2012/13 - 1st,

Promotion from the League Two

1mor.png

The players

All players:

Determination, Team Work, Work rate and Decision

Also notice that I have not

brought the "common sense stats" in any of the players beneath, like finishing

for the strikers or passing for all players etc.

Fullbacks

Style of play

When not launching an counter attack, they should stay back so no

ppms like " get forward" etc. These player act like holding players and when

seeing fit, they will try to beat their man

Stats

Here, we are looking for pace, anticipation, positioning, stamina and tackling. Dribbling is a huge plus

to.

-----------

Central Defenders

Style of play

As we use loose zonal marking, make sure that they don't have the ppm " like to

tight mark"

Stats:

The normal ones: Remember that Anticipation are crucial

for any top team and that pace is needed if the opponent launches balls over the

top of the defenders. Remember that the worse concentration they have, the more

likely you are to concede late in games and when you are dominating but not

scoring yourself

-----------

DMC´´S - Deep & Roaming Box To Box Midfielders, hardworking

Style of play

Here we use 2 deep

BBM´s that roam to seek free space. The left is the more creative with higher

flair and decision stats.

Stats

Stamina, Strength, anticipation, tackling, Concentration

-----------

MC - The Ballwinner

Style of play

Here we use a more limited MC that is used mainly as a ballwinner.

He keeps a much shorter passing game and does not look to play a direct ball but

instead wait for the DMCs to get forward

Stats

Stamina, Strength, anticipation,

tackling, Concentration

-----------

AMR/LWingers - Complete Wingforwards

Style of play:

As the wingers are used as both pacey Wingforwards AND defensive

hardworking wingers, its naturally COMPLETE players that will do the best of

job. But as these players are really hard to find, I crucial that they most of

all are physical classic English Wingers, that they know how to close down and

tackle. Inverted wingers ?. Well why not, the more clinical finisher the

better

Stats

Pace, off the ball,flair, crossing

-----------

Forward - The Pacey Poacher

Style of play:

This is the main goalscorer. He

needs to be able to find space, break free from his marker by dribbling past

him. When he moves down the line into channels, its also good if he has good

team work stat so he cross the ball to a tam mate instead of taking the poor

angle. At higher level, this player can actually be a player like Tevez or

Aguero, RVP, a player that likes to come deep to get the ball

Stats:

Off the all, Flair, Agility, First touch, Technique

-----------

Tweaks and Shouts

As its a plug & play Tactic using classic mode, I use no tweaks and shouts are enabled

Opposition instruction

I have not used any at all but feel free to

use them in a manor that suit the actual formation. ( i.e NOT showing MR/L

wingers inside if they use overlaping fullbacks

Playmaker & Target Man

None is used

Match prep

There is no focus area that i

crucial for the flow of the tactic. If you face a team that are great at set

pieces and might focus on attacking set pieces as their only chance, use

defensive set pieces. If up against a team you know are going to play really

deep and compact BUT have poor attackers, then use attacking movement. If up

against a team with really pacey and agile FCs, then use defensive positioning

etc etc. Naturally, I use Team Work on a heavy workload in preseason but

remember that when using a focus area that relates to the match plan ( like def

positioning), the workload have no impact what so ever.

Pitch Size

Looking at the tactic and the circumstance, and you will see the

following

•-Close down heavily: Meaning that the bigger pitch, in theory

the bigger area to close down. So teams with players lacking in stamina would

prefer a smaller pitch.

•Focus the play through the middle: If the pitch

is really short, there will be congestion in the middle will struggle to find

space.

•- Its a tactic for underdogs, hence opponents are likely to push

up and use the width or the field, : Here, a really wide pitch means that these

quality players will get too much space

•- The deep d-line and the balls

into channels - AS we play a deep d-line, we can actually use a long pitch and

as we play a more direct game, putting those t-balls into channels, we would

benefit from this long pitch in our attacks to. That is if our 3 attacking

players does have great pace and good stamina

So, in short, I would go

for a Longer but more narrow pitch

DOWNLOAD LINK, CLICK ME

The Direct Counter

Deep 4231

Abstract

People that have read my post in recent years know that I have moved away form using plug & play tactic, tactics that by tweaking sliders in a trial & error manor with the aim to beat the match engine rather than the opponent. So this might come as a slight surprise, being a thread where I not only upload such a tactic, but also that I have used someone else's work as a framework ( Akash777)

Naturally, I have had permission to upload these and whilst they have been heavily tweaked away from his tactic, I big credit goes to him

The

Versions

This small set consist of 3 versions that are to be used as plug & play tactics. The first version is called "High Press", the 2nd "Lower press" and the 3rd " Patient Stretching". Playing as an underdog, the main versions are the pressing ones. If you feel that you have the ability to disturb the opponent by putting a hell of a lot more pressure on them, then use the high press and if you are more scared that you might be dragged out of position by this superior team, then use the lower press version

If playing at the top level or just under it, even as an underdog you will come across teams that you are superior

Formation

deep4231formation.png

The flow

using Underdogs

game and channel t-balls from the middle onto the flanks for our 4 attacking

players to run onto. Our single AMC plays like an False nine BUT in the AMC position and he is supported by 2 more attacking minded DMCs that always seeks free space. When our fullbacks get into possession deep down field, they hold on to the ball to drag the

opposition onto them.This means that if we face a tea sitting deep and defend,

The flow using better

teams/ top teams

It does work for top teams to, don't get me wrong. You

would easily win the league with Man U, Man C but the flow wont look as good as

playing a different approach and you will see more 1-0, 2-1 wins instead of 3-0.

5-1 etc. Simply put, there is no reason to use it unless you like being in agony

over those longshots

The Result

Notice that this is a beta and I have only been playing about 40 matches with it with various teams. I have used Bolton, a newly promoted and crap Posh( 2012/13 in the Prem), swedish team Gefle and as always, a top team from a middle league ( Celtic) in their European matches

Results have been just as good as with the Wide 42121.

The players

All players:

Determination, Team Work, Work rate and Decision

Also notice that I have not

brought the "common sense stats" in any of the players beneath, like finishing

for the strikers or passing for all players etc.

Fullbacks

Style of play When not launching an counter attack, they should stay back so no

ppms like " get forward" etc. These player act like holding players and when

seeing fit, they will try to beat their man

Stats

Here, we are looking for pace, anticipation, positioning, stamina and tackling. Dribbling is a huge plus

to.

-----------

Central Defenders

Style of play

As we use loose zonal marking, make sure that they don't have the ppm " like to

tight mark"

Stats:

The normal ones: Remember that Anticipation are crucial

for any top team and that pace is needed if the opponent launches balls over the

top of the defenders. Remember that the worse concentration they have, the more

likely you are to concede late in games and when you are dominating but not

scoring yourself

-----------

Style of play

Here we use 2 deep

BBM´s that roam to seek free space. The left is the more creative with higher

flair and decision stats.

Stats

Stamina, Strength, anticipation, tackling,

Concentration

-----------

AMC - The Deep Lying AMC

Style of play

If this players had been playing as a FC, he would have been called a false nine. He drops deeper and after that, he seeks free space and moves into channels

Stats

Off the ball, Creativity and Stamina !!

-----------

AMR/LWingers - Complete Wingforwards

Style of play:

tackle. Inverted wingers ?. Well why not, the more clinical finisher the

better

Stats

-----------

Forward - The Pacey Poacher

Style of play:

Stats:

-----------

Tweaks and Shouts

As its a plug

& play Tactic using classic mode, I use no tweaks and shouts are enabled

Opposition instruction

I have not used any at all but feel free to

use them in a manor that suit the actual formation. ( i.e NOT showing MR/L

wingers inside if they use overlaping fullbacks

Playmaker & Target Man

None is used

Match prep

There is no focus area that i

crucial for the flow of the tactic. If you face a team that are great at set

pieces and might focus on attacking set pieces as their only chance, use

defensive set pieces. If up against a team you know are going to play really

deep and compact BUT have poor attackers, then use attacking movement. If up

against a team with really pacey and agile FCs, then use defensive positioning

etc etc. Naturally, I use Team Work on a heavy workload in preseason but

remember that when using a focus area that relates to the match plan ( like def

positioning), the workload have no impact what so ever.

Pitch Size

Looking at the tactic and the circumstance, and you will see the

following

•-Close down heavily: Meaning that the bigger pitch, in theory

the bigger area to close down. So teams with players lacking in stamina would

prefer a smaller pitch.

•Focus the play through the middle: If the pitch

is really short, there will be congestion in the middle will struggle to find

space.

•- Its a tactic for underdogs, hence opponents are likely to push

up and use the width or the field, : Here, a really wide pitch means that these

quality players will get too much space

•- The deep d-line and the balls

into channels - AS we play a deep d-line, we can actually use a long pitch and

as we play a more direct game, putting those t-balls into channels, we would

benefit from this long pitch in our attacks to. That is if our 3 attacking

players does have great pace and good stamina

So, in short, I would go

for a Longer but more narrow pitch

DOWNLOAD LINK, CLICK ME

The Direct Counter

Wide 451

Abstract

The

Versions

Formation

451formation.png

Tweaks Focus play

The flow

using Underdogs

As soon as a counter attack is launched, we keep a directgame and channel t-balls from the middle onto the flanks for our 3 attackingplayers to run onto/to their feet after they have taken a run wide. Our single DMC keeps a restricted game and in front of him we have 2 more attacking minded MCs that always seeks free space. When ourfullbacksget into possession deep down field, they hold on to the ball to drag theopposition onto them. This means that if we face a tea sitting deep and defend,

our attacking players are likely to make a run forward in vain and the FBs holdonto the ball, making these attacking players easy to mark as the oppositionsimply denies us space to play these direct t-balls into. This is why this approach is for underdogs and perhaps middle teams.

It does work for top teams to, don't get me wrong. You would easily win the league with Man U, Man C but the flow wont look as good as playing a different approach and you will see more 1-0, 2-1 wins instead of 3-0. 5-1 etc. Simply put, there is no reason to use it unless you like being in agony over those longshots. Here, its important that the Poacher/Advanced FC in the Left FC spot is a more complete player and the Right False nine also is a really good fininsher as he will be the one being at the end of most moves

The Result

Stoke screens to be uploaded

The players

All players:

Determination, Team Work, Work rate and DecisionAlso notice that I have not brought the "common sense stats" in any of the players beneath, like finishing for the strikers or passing for all players etc.

Fullbacks

Style of play

When not launching an counter attack, they should stay back so no ppms like " get forward" etc. These player act like holding players and when seeing fit, they will try to beat their man

Stats

Here, we are looking for pace, anticipation, positioning, stamina and tackling. Dribbling is a huge plus to.-

----------

Central Defenders

Style of play

As we use loose zonal marking, make sure that they don't have the ppm " like to tight mark"

Stats:

The normal ones: Remember that Anticipation are crucial for any top team and that pace is needed if the opponent launches balls over the top of the defenders. Remember that the worse concentration they have, the more likely you are to concede late in games and when you are dominating but not scoring yourself

DMC - The Ballwinner

Style of play

Here we use a more limited DMC that is used mainly as a ballwinner.

Stats

Concentration

MC´s – Central Mids

Style of play

Here we use 2 central Mids that roam to seek free space. The left is the more creative with higher flair and decision stats.

Stats

Positioning, anticipation, tackling,

Concentration, Creativity, Off the ball

-----------

AMR/LWingers - Complete Wing forwards

Style of play:

tackle. I prefer using players that likes to run down their “own “ flank, using left on left etc. This way, when the left AML hugs the touchline WITH the ball, the 2 MCs and the AMR can run into the box providing him many passing options ( and vice versa on the right flank)

Stats

Pace, off the ball, flair, crossing

-----------

Forward - The Pacey or Smart Poacher

Style of play:

Stats:

Tweaks and Shouts

As its a plug & play Tactic using classic mode, I use no tweaks(apart from the mentioned focusplay) and shouts are enabled

Opposition instruction

I have not used any at all but feel free to use them in a manor that suit the actual formation. ( i.e NOT showing MR/L wingers inside if they use overlaping fullbacks

Playmaker & Target Man

None is used

Match prep

There is no focus area that i crucial for the flow of the tactic. If you face a team that are great at set pieces and might focus on attacking set pieces as their only chance, use defensive set pieces. If up against a team you know are going to play really deep and compact BUT have poor attackers, then use attacking movement. If up against a team with really pacey and agile FCs, then use defensive positioning etc etc. Naturally, I use Team Work on a heavy workload in preseason but remember that when using a focus area that relates to the match plan ( like def positioning), the workload have no impact what so ever.

Pitch Size

Looking at the tactic and the circumstance, and you will see the following

•-Close down heavily: Meaning that the bigger pitch, in theory the bigger area to close down. So teams with players lacking in stamina would prefer a smaller pitch.

•Focus the play through the middle: If the pitch is really short, there will be congestion in the middle will struggle to find space.

•- Its a tactic for underdogs, hence opponents are likely to push up and use the width or the field, : Here, a really wide pitch means that these quality players will get too much space

•- The deep d-line and the balls into channels - AS we play a deep d-line, we can actually use a long pitch and as we play a more direct game, putting those t-balls into channels, we would benefit from this long pitch in our attacks to. That is if our 3 attacking players does have great pace and good stamina

So, in short, I would go for a Longer but more narrow pitch

DOWNLOAD LINK, CLICK ME

The Direct Counter

Narrow Diamond

Abstract

The

Versions

Formation

formaion.png

Tweaks Focus play

When using the high press version and are playing against a team flooding the midfield (by formation), like a narrow diamond or the formation we are using etc, then I change the focus play from "through the middle" to "mixed" as there will not be enough space.

The flow

using Underdogs

game and channel t-balls from the middle onto the flanks for our 3 attacking

players to run onto/to their feet after they have taken a run wide. Our single DMC keeps a restricted game and in front of him we have 2 more attacking minded MCs that always seeks free space. When our fullbacks

get into possession deep down field, they hold on to the ball to drag the

opposition onto them. This means that if we face a tea sitting deep and defend,

It does work for top teams to, don't get me wrong. You would easily win the league with Man U, Man C but the flow wont look as good as playing a different approach and you will see more 1-0, 2-1 wins instead of 3-0. 5-1 etc. Simply put, there is no reason to use it unless you like being in agony over those longshots. Here, its important that the Poacher/Advanced FC in the Left FC spot is a more complete player and the Right False nine also is a really good fininsher as he will be the one being at the end of most moves

The Result

norwichtabkle.png

fix2l.png

The players

All players:

Determination, Team Work, Work rate and DecisionAlso notice that I have not brought the "common sense stats" in any of the players beneath, like finishing for the strikers or passing for all players etc.

Fullbacks

Style of play

When not launching an counter attack, they should stay back so no ppms like " get forward" etc. These player act like holding players and when seeing fit, they will try to beat their man

Stats

Here, we are looking for pace, anticipation, positioning, stamina and tackling. Dribbling is a huge plus to.-

----------

Central Defenders

Style of play

As we use loose zonal marking, make sure that they don't have the ppm " like to tight mark"

Stats:

The normal ones: Remember that Anticipation are crucial for any top team and that pace is needed if the opponent launches balls over the top of the defenders. Remember that the worse concentration they have, the more likely you are to concede late in games and when you are dominating but not scoring yourself

DMC - The Ballwinner

Style of play

Here we use a more limited DMC that is used mainly as a ballwinner.

Stats

Concentration

-------------

MC´s – Central Mids

Style of play

Here we use 2 central Mids that roam to seek free space. The left is the more creative with higher flair and decision stats.

Stats

-----------------

AMC - The Deep Lying AMC

Style of play

If this players had been playing as a FC, he would have been called a false nine. He drops deeper and after that, he seeks free space and moves into channels. Comes deep to get the ball would be a great PPM here as it also would force the Ms c into finding space wider

Stats

Off the ball, Creativity and Stamina !!

Forward - The Pacey Poacher ( left)

Style of play:

team work stat so he cross the ball to a team mate instead of taking the poor

Stats:

Forward - The False Nine ( right)

Style of play

He drops deeper and after that, he seeks free space and moves into channels. Play with back towards the goal, comes deep are preferred moves here.

Stats

Off the ball, Creativity

-----------

MC´s – Central Mids

Style of play

Stats

DOWNLOAD LINK, CLICK ME

The Direct Counter

Deep 442

Abstract

The

Versions

Formation & Team settings

deep442formation.png

Tweaks Focus play

When using the high press version and are playing against a team flooding the midfield (by formation), like a narrow diamond or the formation we are using etc, then I change the focus play from "through the middle" to "mixed" as there will not be enough space.

The flow

using Underdogs

As soon as a counter attack is launched, we keep a direct game and channel t-balls from the middle onto the flanks for our 4 attacking players to run onto. Our Right Forward plays like an False nine and the Left Forward acts like a mixture of an advanced FC and a Poacher. In the MR/L positions we keep normal deeplying wingers moving into channels that are supported by 2 more attacking minded DMCs that always seeks free space. When our fullbacks get into possession deep down field, they hold on to the ball to drag the opposition onto them.This means that if we face a tea sitting deep and defend, our attacking players are likely to make a run forward in vain and the FBs hold onto the ball, making these attacking players easy to mark as the opposition simply denies us space to play these direct t-balls into. This is why this approach is for underdogs and middle teams.

[B]The flow using better teams/ top teams[/b]

The Result

villatablel.png

villaplayerstats.png

The players

All players:

Fullbacks

Style of play

Stats

----------

Central Defenders

Style of play

Stats:

-----------

Style of play

Here we use 2 deep BBM´s that roam to seek free space. The left is the more creative with higher flair and decision stats.

Stats

Stamina, Strength, anticipation, tackling, Concentration

-----------

MR/L- Normal Wingers

Style of play

:As the wingers are used as both pacey Wingforwards AND defensive hardworking wingers, its naturally COMPLETE players that will do the best of job. But as these players are really hard to find, I crucial that they most of all are physical classic English Wingers, that they know how to close down and tackle. Inverted wingers ?. Well if playing as a real underdog and face teams pushing up and that leaves gaps between their d-line and midfield, the why not, but whan facing teams that sits with many men behind the ball, then not really as they will cut inside from deep right into the arms of the deep dropping MCs/DMCS

Stats

-----------

Forward - The Pacey Poacher/Advanced FC

Style of play:

This is the main goalscorer for lesser teams. He needs to be able to find space, break free from his marker by dribbling past him. When he moves down the line into channels, its also good if he has good team work stat so he cross the ball to a tam mate instead of taking the poor angle. At higher level, this player can actually be a player like Tevez or Aguero, RVP, a player that likes to come deep to get the ball

Stats: Off the all, Flair, Agility, First touch, Technique

-----------

Right FC - The False Nine

Style of play

He drops deeper and after that, he seeks free space and moves into channels. When playing with a middle team using the high press version, this player will often seek the space that the Left FC has opened up and then he will be the main scorer

Stats

Off the ball, Creativity

-----------

Tweaks and Shouts

As its a plug & play Tactic using classic mode, I use no tweaks(apart from the mentioned focusplay) and shouts are enabled

Opposition instruction

I have not used any at all but feel free to use them in a manor that suit the actual formation. ( i.e NOT showing MR/L wingers inside if they use overlaping fullbacks

Playmaker & Target Man

None is used

Match prep

There is no focus area that i crucial for the flow of the tactic. If you face a team that are great at set pieces and might focus on attacking set pieces as their only chance, use defensive set pieces. If up against a team you know are going to play really deep and compact BUT have poor attackers, then use attacking movement. If up against a team with really pacey and agile FCs, then use defensive positioning etc etc. Naturally, I use Team Work on a heavy workload in preseason but remember that when using a focus area that relates to the match plan ( like def positioning), the workload have no impact what so ever.

Pitch Size

Looking at the tactic and the circumstance, and you will see the following

•-Close down heavily: Meaning that the bigger pitch, in theory the bigger area to close down. So teams with players lacking in stamina would prefer a smaller pitch.

•Focus the play through the middle: If the pitch is really short, there will be congestion in the middle will struggle to find space.

•- Its a tactic for underdogs, hence opponents are likely to push up and use the width or the field, : Here, a really wide pitch means that these quality players will get too much space

•- The deep d-line and the balls into channels - AS we play a deep d-line, we can actually use a long pitch and as we play a more direct game, putting those t-balls into channels, we would benefit from this long pitch in our attacks to. That is if our 3 attacking players does have great pace and good stamina

So, in short, I would go for a Longer but more narrow pitch

DOWNLOAD LINK, CLICK ME

TheBetterHalfs

Top Team/Middle Team / Underdog Tactic

Narrow 41221 BOX Midfield

Here you find another Direct Counter formation

As this is a very narrow formation, its important that you have players with flair that are able to break the pattern, especially when playing with a top team. When the opponents sits deep and flood the midfield, you will see some longshots and a poor shots on goal ratio. Its just the reality with these kind of tactics. I have had no trouble beating teams though, I am actually unbeaten against teams where I am the favourite but dont expect do dominate possession and create 10 CCC´s. As written, its a direct counter approach within a narrow formation

narrow41221box.pngteamsett.png

The screen above is from the Top Team version. As in the other Narrow formations, we focus the play through the middle and play a more direct counter strategy. As this is a quick update, the info will not be indepth.

This small set consist of 3 versions that are to be used as plug & play tactics. The first version is a " Underdog/MiddleTeam High Press", the 2nd a "Underdog/MiddleTeam Lower press" and the 3rd " Is a "High Press version" for top teams only". Playing as an underdog, the main versions are the naturally the Underdog ones. If you feel that you have the ability to disturb the opponent by putting a hell of a lot more pressure on them, then use the high press and if you are more scared that you might be dragged out of position by this superior team, then use the lower press version. When seeing that the team stops to close down as a unit, Its also a good option to use the Lower press version, no matter what teams you are or what team you are facing

FC- A more complete FC- If this player like to come deep to get the ball, the hole migh tbe too crowded unless both AMCs really likes to move into those channels and get forward

AMCs - False 10´s, Inside Fcs ( or one TQ at the most)-Here you can still use a TQ that like to drop deep as long as the FC dont and the other AMC drift or gets forward

MC´s - Allround Mcs with the left one beimg the more creative with better decision

- The Left MC is the one getting the highest rating in my team

DMC - Strong Holding DMC

- This player need to be strong to hold off the opponent

DR/L - Fullbacks, Wingbacks on attack.

- Look at their settings and you will find they are different. Use the on that suits your players. ( better crossing, then use the " cross often" setting. Better passer, use the "t-ball often "setting). In the Underdog versions, they are set the same.

Notice that if wanting to use all 3 in one save, you have to put them all into the match prep and maybe rename them so that you can tell the difference ( as only the first 10 letters or so are visible)

Some results

I have been using this with various team but for a short period. Seing that its just a tweak of theother formation using the same approach, I did not feelk I had to test it further as the flow looks the same and the results to. Its basiclly just a different formation. Here are some screens from when using it with a topnotch team, namely MAN CITY

fix1f.png

DOWNLOAD LINK, CLICK ME

TheBetterHalfs

Top Team/Middle Team / Underdog Tactic

Narrow 4123

Here you find another Direct Counter formation

As this is a very narrow formation, its important that you have players with flair that are able to break the pattern, especially when playing with a top team. When the opponents sits deep and flood the midfield, you will see some longshots and a poor shots on goal ratio. Its just the reality with these kind of tactics. I have had no trouble beating teams though, I am actually unbeaten against teams where I am the favourite but dont expect do dominate possession and create 10 CCC´s. As written, its a direct counter approach within a narrow formation, well most of the version anyway.

formation.png

This small set consist of 4 versions that are to be used as plug & play tactics. The first version is a " Underdog/MiddleTeam High Press", the 2nd a "Underdog/MiddleTeam Lower press" and the 3rd " Is a "High Press version for top teams only". Playing as an underdog, the main versions are the naturally the Underdog ones. If you feel that you have the ability to disturb the opponent by putting a hell of a lot more pressure on them, then use the high press and if you are more scared that you might be dragged out of position by this superior team, then use the lower press version. When seeing that the team stops to close down as a unit, Its also a good option to use the Lower press version, no matter what teams you are or what team you are facing

Now, the 4th versions then. Well, its a "Compact and Tight" version used when one wants to sit with men behind the ball and keep possession when breaking up attacks. This does not mean that it will see you have 60+ % possession but it will let you keep it when needed, often restricting the opponent to having their share of the possession in undangerous areas. This version is to be seen as a compliment to the Lower press version only here, we dont seek to get the ball forward as soon as possible.

FCRight- A more complete False Nine FC-

FCCenter- The main Goalscorer, what did you expect. After all, he is playing in the central FC position in a 4123 !

FCLeft- A strong Defenisve FC, Deeplying FC etc. Naturally, you can use an advanced FC or a complete False Nine here to but the role is slightly more limited.

MC´s - Allround Mcs with the left one beimg the more creative with better decision

- The Left MC is the one getting the highest rating in my team

DMC - Strong Holding DMC

- This player need to be strong to hold off the opponent

DR/L - Fullbacks, Wingbacks on attack.

- Look at their settings and you will find they are different. Use the on that suits your players. ( better crossing, then use the " cross often" setting. Better passer, use the "t-ball often "setting). In the Underdog versions, they are set the same.

Notice that if wanting to use all 4( or 3 of them) in one save, you have to put them all into the match prep and maybe rename them so that you can tell the difference ( as only the first 10 letters or so are visible)

Some Results

Here are the latest fixture with a TOP TEAM, Leicester in 2015/16

fixturesb.png

90south.png

DOWNLOAD LINK, CLICK ME