THE BETTER HALF´S Tactic & Training Center***Updated With TEAM TACTICS***

TheBetterHalf do you think that your latest tactic(Arsenal 4231) would work with Tottenham?

EDIT: Never mind. I was blind :D

Haha, well If you like, you can also drop the wingers, playing à 4411. Then I would use them as wingers/ attack, no overlaps, only exploit flanks

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i´ve been using your wide 41221 set but i´ll try the Arsenal tac set with my UCL winner Benfica in my 4th season. Really love ur work TBH.

Thanks. I am enjoying my Arsenal save using the Arsenal 4231 top team tactic so much I had to put My Chelsea+newcastle+Wigan 41221 development on hold.

I am trying your 4231 top team tactics with liverpool i will post some screens later.

Good Luck. Looking forward to some feedback.

I am currently playing with Chelsea using a Wide 41221 using the fact that the team has got really strong Mcs. After 10 matches, Lampard, Meireles and Ramirez are my best goalscorers :D

Hey TBH, in 1 season my team (newcastle) progress well using 4231 middle team. what do you suggest tactic or strategy that i should used in 2nd season? are the 4231 top team? thank you, im always using your tactic since fm 09 :)

Hey TBH, in 1 season my team (newcastle) progress well using 4231 middle team. what do you suggest tactic or strategy that i should used in 2nd season? are the 4231 top team? thank you, im always using your tactic since fm 09 :)

yeah, sounds like a good idea. That is IF you have been getting a top 4 spot :D

My save with Liverpool had a crash dump and i dont want to replay all the games i had played so i put the league table image.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/830/englishpremierdivisionow.png/

Betterhalf do you want me to try your tactics with some team? Sorry for my english.

Yeah, that would be great. Would you like to play with a top team or a middle team ?

JUVENTUS

DEEP & WIDE 4222

A TOPTEAM & MIDDLE TEAM TACTIC

Notice ! The tactic is NOT uploaded. Instead, just follow the instructions as how to set it up. Any tweaks away from the pure TC-settings will be pointed out in the text and/or the screenies.

Disclaimer: This is in no way emulation.

Here, we will find not 2 or 3 but 4 approaches. When playing wih a top notch team, the aim will always be to BE IN CONTROL OF THE GAME, no matter how the opponent chose to play .The key is to see if your players are finding space tha tthey can exploit or of they have to create it them selfes, if the players need to sit deeper and counter or if you have to push up and gain control by hassle the opponent.

As you also see, this approach is not for top teams only, but also for middleteams. If the formation as such had not been an attacking one, one could easily have used the more defensive approaches with underdogs as well and perhaps you can. I am certain though that a normal flatt 442 will still be the better choice

Also suited for Milan, Napoli, Bayern Munich, Man U, Chelsea, Stoke, etc.

1st strategy: Attacking Possession

Although this is the main approach, you will probably need the other ones just as much. Perhaps not as B.Munich in your 4th season in the league but as Olympiakos or Benfica in the CL, you need to be more cautious then this. Here, we play a fluid control based approach and let our wingers provide lots of width and we hassle the opponent and at the same time we try to keep possession when getting back the ball. WE use the fullbacks to make overlaps

nr1ov.png

2nd Strategy Direct Counter

Here, we play on the counter, getting the ball forward. We puihs up the team and play more direct balls into channels for our attackers and wingers to run onto. This is a way to exploit either the gap between the opponenets attakcing winers and their deep sitting defenders and/or their attakocmng fullbakcs, playing the ball over the top. If the opponents its with the while team behind the ball, this appraoch is fruitless

nr3c.png

3rd Strategy: A BALANCED APPROACH( WITHIN THIS ATTACKING FORMATION)

Here, we try to sit with more men behind the ball, retaining possession and keeping the ball in the team. Obvious, we will still burst at goal and since we play with 4 attacking players ( by position), this will happen often. The fullbacks will not join the attacks but instead move up with the rest of the team and keep the shape. We keep dribbling to a minimum and play a shorter passing game

nr2w.png

4th Strategy Cautious Counter

Here, we are playing much more cautious, perhaps an approach that will mainly be used away to really good teams or when wanting to grind out a result.

nr4j.png

Im using your 4-4-2 Big Team set with Man Utd and its been very impressive. So far I'm half way through the first season and we've only lost one match against Villareal, drew 2, and won the rest. It seems such a simple tactical theory and yet works absolute wonders. I guess it puts a lot more emphasis on team building and means your gonna actually have to do some work to find the right players and train them into the system. Anyway Gonna have a go with your Middle Team and Underdog sets, but I'd recommend the big team sets to anybody!

Im using your 4-4-2 Big Team set with Man Utd and its been very impressive. So far I'm half way through the first season and we've only lost one match against Villareal, drew 2, and won the rest. It seems such a simple tactical theory and yet works absolute wonders. I guess it puts a lot more emphasis on team building and means your gonna actually have to do some work to find the right players and train them into the system. Anyway Gonna have a go with your Middle Team and Underdog sets, but I'd recommend the big team sets to anybody!

looking good. Dont hesitate to post some screens of the United season

what do you mean a top 4 spot? but now my team has been under perform, lose against southampton in premier league :(

I meant that you finished between 1-4.

As for the loss against S'oton( home or away?), what approach did you take and how did the game look. If you feel you made the right call, I would not worry too much as ons will ALWAYS loose some matches and especially with à team just under the 4 or 5 best in terms of quality.

I meant that you finished between 1-4.

As for the loss against S'oton( home or away?), what approach did you take and how did the game look. If you feel you made the right call, I would not worry too much as ons will ALWAYS loose some matches and especially with à team just under the 4 or 5 best in terms of quality.

right now im using the 4231 deep and wide middle team and using the "a much more cautious and defensive approach", when im using with the 4231 top team it seems not working very well. and the southampton at home they play with the man utd are same, they push higher up and play very fluid .. cant you help me?please?

thank you ma'am :)

right now im using the 4231 deep and wide middle team and using the "a much more cautious and defensive approach", when im using with the 4231 top team it seems not working very well. and the southampton at home they play with the man utd are same, they push higher up and play very fluid .. cant you help me?please?

thank you ma'am :)

Well, why not use the same approach that gave you results last season. Obviously, it was too early to start playing like a top notch team, ( the Arsenal top team approach) but I fail to see the reason why you should use the most defensive approach("a much more cautious and defensive approach",) from the yet untested ) and more defensive formation) deep 4231. Now,I am certain that this deep 4231 will get you result, it just down to how and when you decide to play more aggressive and attacking and when you ant to sit back and keep possession.

As for when and how,I can't give you any hints as such, that would be me playing the game for you. Just look at these settings as suggestions.

Ps ! Against teams playing attacking, Its always good to try and retain the possession and when they push up even more, hit them with quick and more direct counter attacks

i already finished my test with newcastle using 4231 deep middle team. Tomorow i will post some screenshots. Tell me another team to test another tactic if you want.

Wow, that was quick. Did you play à whole season ?

As for à new test, perhaps use the poorest team in Serie A or Ligue 1, using the Bolton 442.

Well, why not use the same approach that gave you results last season. Obviously, it was too early to start playing like a top notch team, ( the Arsenal top team approach) but I fail to see the reason why you should use the most defensive approach("a much more cautious and defensive approach",) from the yet untested ) and more defensive formation) deep 4231. Now,I am certain that this deep 4231 will get you result, it just down to how and when you decide to play more aggressive and attacking and when you ant to sit back and keep possession.

As for when and how,I can't give you any hints as such, that would be me playing the game for you. Just look at these settings as suggestions.

Ps ! Against teams playing attacking, Its always good to try and retain the possession and when they push up even more, hit them with quick and more direct counter attacks

Yes TBH, 1st season im using WBA 4231 middle team. and it succeed brilliantly. and i think its my fault to changing the set very easy when sometimes i didnt happy with the performance, sometimes 4231 arsenal top team and 4231 deep wide middle team. the reason 2nd season using the 4231 top team is because my team in 2nd season probably other team will aggressive when against me so i change the approach.

Yes TBH, 1st season im using WBA 4231 middle team. and it succeed brilliantly. and i think its my fault to changing the set very easy when sometimes i didnt happy with the performance, sometimes 4231 arsenal top team and 4231 deep wide middle team. the reason 2nd season using the 4231 top team is because my team in 2nd season probably other team will aggressive when against me so i change the approach.

If you do see that they are agressiv, then you should stay with the 4231 WBA. If they tend to sit deeper and stand off more with men behind the ball, then you need the top tactics. It would also have to do with if you in fact are a better team, not only that the opponents consider you do be so. Again, did you make it into the CL, getting a much higher media prediction this season. If not, then nothing has changed

Here are my results with Newcastle.

League Table: http://imageshack.us/f/687/englishpremierdivisiono.png/

Fixtures part 1: http://imageshack.us/f/9/newcastleunitedfixtures.png/

Fixtures part 2: http://imageshack.us/f/821/newcastleunitedfixtures.png/

I played in patch 12.0.4. I only saved 6 times in all season and i bought Antonio Reyes and Martin Olson. I already start the test with Atalanta. Will you make a version of this tactic for Underdog and top teams?

In 2016 qualifiers I got called up to be England coach, what tactic do u recommend i should use?

thanks

Hard to say as it would depend on the squad, but, is assuming that no wondkid newgens has popped up, I would say that the 4222 deep & wide would be good. Here, you can use 2 really hardworking dmcs and use the pace down the flanks. Upfront , Rooney Will be the complete FC and the advanced FC Will be of your choice, perhaps Ashley Young ?

Here is my first season using the 4-4-2 Top Team set with Man Utd:

Fixtures:

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Fixtures 3

League Table:

Premier Division

Didn't have a worry going into any of the matches and dominated every single one. The game against tottenham was an unfortunate loss as the strikers seemed to get confused what sport they were playing every time they got into a good position. Real Madrid absolutley destroyed us in every single way but then went on to win the Champions league so no complaints about that. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'd highly recommend these tactic as theyre simple as they come and as a whole the team plays as a complete unit that 99% of the time can overcome anybody.

yeah thats right; there are a few regens but they have still much to learn :p thanks for the advise will try it and let you know asap ;)

Hard to say as it would depend on the squad, but, is assuming that no wondkid newgens has popped up, I would say that the 4222 deep & wide would be good. Here, you can use 2 really hardworking dmcs and use the pace down the flanks. Upfront , Rooney Will be the complete FC and the advanced FC Will be of your choice, perhaps Ashley Young ?

Will you post the 4231 deep middle team in this thread? It was a good tactic in my opinion. When i finish the test with atalanta i will post some screenshots. Atalanta begins with -6 points. After two games i already have 0 points :D

Will you post the 4231 deep middle team in this thread? It was a good tactic in my opinion. When i finish the test with atalanta i will post some screenshots. Atalanta begins with -6 points. After two games i already have 0 points :D

Yes, I am just going to play some more with it and include à really attacking version to.

Atalanta test finished. I didn't made a complete season because i started to feel that i needed to start to play has a middle team so it was pointless to continue. Monday i will post the screenshot of the league table. TBH do you want me to do another test? Sorry for my confusing english.

Archived