FM12 mid season expectations?

On FM2011 if you were doing well in the league and beating the original expectations your chairman would ask you if you wanted to change your expectations which could give you a larger transfer/wage budget.

I am with Plymouth (media prediction 14th and asked to finish in safe mid table position), I am currently 4th in the league after been in the top 3 for the majority of the season. I have been taken over by a tycoon he has put in 11mill into the coffers to beef the bank balance and also 13 or 14 mill for upgrading facilities. He has not yet increased the transfer and wage budget. I need the wage budget increasing as it is currently upto capacity and I need to offer contracts to existing players that need re-newing

It is now 7th Jan and I was hoping to get a message indicating further transfer funds due to me exceeding expectations as my team is full of loan signings free transfers which were made under the previous regime. The new 'tycoon' chairman hasnt given me a penny to spend yet.

Does this feature exist still in 2012 and is my chairman been tight fisted or not, if it doesnt I will ask him for funds in board interaction but dont want to if feature exists and it may happen after 7th Jan

I've had it happen twice, due to my team overachieving and my board, I suppose, wanting to give me a couple of options. I tend to prefer not making significant changes to the match squad during the year, so I usually don't take advantage of it.

Did it happen before the 7th Jan, I might ask my 'tycoon' chairman for some dosh if it does but I bet he is tight fisted and wont release any money when I do.

I have asked him and he refused basically stating it isnt part of the long term plan for financial stability at the club or something like. Even though hte has just rescued Plymouth and pumped in over 20million to clear debts, beef up bank balance and upgrade facilities I would have thought with him been a tycoon he would have given me some as I thought tycoons were rich and the next level down to sugar daddy.

Does each chairman have a personality in which even if there rich they may not give you money?

What are the characteristics / personality attributes of chairmen in the game?

Archived