How hard could it be to start your own club? A FM2012 Story

egesagin

2014/2015 Mid Season Report

Although 2 games are left till the first half of the season is done, the mid season break is here for some reason, and I decided to post the report now.

After the first 15 games, our newly promoted club sits on the top, undefetaed. I signed 3 important players. One of them didn't play well but still he is my main choice for midfield playmaker. The others however, done magic.

First off, I signed an Argentinian goalkeeper for free and he is twice the player of my old keeper. True story. He can actually save shots and he doesn't concede easy goals. He makes crucial saves too so finally we have a decent keeper.

My other signing was a Gambian right winger with a high flair and he is doing wodners in my right wing. Contributing many goals and assists, he is a constant threat.

Other than that, the great strike partnership between Murat Tiryaki and Uğur Çanak got even better. Although Uğur's performances have dropped a bit in the last few games, he managed to score 11 goals in 15 games and added 6 assists too. Murat on the other hand, was simply magnificent and once again, I'll let the stats talk for themselves.

Hopefully, we'll jump straight to the Premier Division and face the real test soon. The extra income will do wonders though, so I'm not too scared about it too. I reckon we can finish between 10th and 12th places next season. I hope so too, because it gets boring to be so good, so fast..

Thanks, we made it to the Semi Final of the Turkish cup but we're up against Fenerbahçe, our rivals, one of the best clubs in Turkey, and last three years title winners in FM. However, they haven't won the cup since 1983 and their unlucky streak in the cup is what I'm hoping for in the semi-final game :D

Thanks, we made it to the Semi Final of the Turkish cup but we're up against Fenerbahçe, our rivals, one of the best clubs in Turkey, and last three years title winners in FM. However, they haven't won the cup since 1983 and their unlucky streak in the cup is what I'm hoping for in the semi-final game :D

Beat them, whatever it takes!

We're already playing an insane get the ball forward, attacking mentality, pump ball into the box 4-2-4 so we'll give them a hard time. I know this sounds sooo insecure but the way we play, they don't have the time to attack, all of their time is wasted trying to get the ball out of their own half and stop us :D it's my first time in FM that I'm so succesful with a crazy tactic and it feels good ;)

If only the game was at our stadium, that would give us a great chance. But I'm still confident of a good result, I'll make it a night to remember for them!

Yeah I usually attack consistently but of course not intense like that here either. But I gave it a shot one game when we were down early. It turned out to be an awesome tactic for my squad and I kept it :) probably gonna change once we make it to the Turkish Super League

Yep, they were making the championship playoff in my Galatasaray game but in this game, somehow they are relegated. And Fenerbahçe couldn't make the top 4 in my Galatasaray game, barely gone to Europe in the first season but than couldn't go again. In this game, they won the title 3 times in a row. Life is full of surprises :p

@B.W.G. thanks man, same goes for your topic ;)

I have good news, and great news. Good news is, we secured promotion 5 weeks before the end of season!

Great news is, we gave Fenerbahçe a beating at their homw, in front of their 35 thousand supporters and now we're through to the final, up against a weaker side who barely survived relegation. Europe, here we come! :D

Suadiye 2014/2015 Season Summary

I can't seem to log in to imageshack for some reason, so I won't be putting screenshots for now.

Bank Asya 1. Lig:

They predicted us to finish 17th, we ended up being the champions. 25 wins 6 draws and 3 losses in 34 games. We scored 108 and conceded 45. We conceded too much, and the reason is that later in the league, the team got too complacent and our games ended 3-4 4-5 or sth. barley winning. All in all, a great run thanks to our beloved wonderkid.

Ziraat Türkiye Kupası (Turkish Cup):

I didn't expect anything, so didn't the board. But we got very lucky with the draws and found ourselves at the semi finals. There we were up against Fenerbahçe, our biggest rivals. And The game was 3 days after we secured promotion. Morale was high and it was a derby so my team got really motivated and beat them 3-1 away. At the final luckily, we were against a team which barely survived relegation in the Super League so it wasn't that big of a challenge but we had to make a comeback to win 2-1. The first Turkish Cup in the club's history and we, as a newly promoted team, are going to Europe for the first time. Only two games and we may find ourselves at the group stage if we're lucky.

Key Players:

They haven't changed since the mid-season update but Murat Tiryaki's performance have been godlike. Here are the stats of this barely 18 years old striker who is now valued at 4.2 million pounds:

murat3.jpg

Next Season: I'm expecting a much tougher challenge but I see us at 9th place at the end of the season. I don't think we'll make it into the Europa League groups and I'm hoping for semi-finals in the Turkish Cup. Let's see how all that goes..

Thanks :) With such a little budget and such little reputation due to fast climb, I'm having trouble with the transfer period but I found a great keeper for a bargain price so I hope he will help us a lot. And I seriously think that if a club rises too fast, the club reputation should rise even higher due to their incredible rise and promising future. Hope SI sorts it out :p

• 2 months later...

Hey guys! I've missed this place. So many new topics since I've been gone. School, personal life, job etc. I had to take a long break from FM but today, I figured that I've missed the good game, so decided to tackle a few games. So for the update,

The season is beginning in 3 days. The authorities think that we'll finish in the last place, but.. Of course not! :D

I've bought 2 experienced central midfielders, one being a superb player mentally, and they'll be really helpful in the campaign.

I've saved the big news for the last part of this update. We drew Hoffenheim in the Europa League 4th round, and we've eliminated them! We're fresh into the top division and we're in the group stage! This will cost us probably, since morale will be low after european games, but the money intake will help the running costs a lot. Here's the final score after the second game:

fm2012011114214062.jpg

Edit: PSV, Udinese, Celtic =(

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!

We're at 12th place in the league, could've been 6th if we didn't lose 2 easy games at home in the past 2 games, but morale was really low. Because of Europa League, my players are always tired so I concede many injuries. Still, we manage good things. Such as making it to the knockout round! I won twice against Udinese and drawn with PSV once. Here's the final standings after the last game of the group stage. Unbelievable with my poor squad, fresh out of Turkish second division... I'm amazed and happy! :)

fm2012012115584146.jpg

Hey, egesagin, do you still want a logo? I was messing around and sort of knocked together this (shamelessly inspired by a certain German team):

72980870.png

In-game version (standing in for the Trabzonspor logo for demonstration purposes):

98882108.png

It's not professional looking or anything, but you want it, I can send it to you (or if you want a different design, tell me).

Man that is great! Thank you so much I love it! I don't know the correct formats so I may not be able to create small versions for other parts in the game but still, please do send it to me :)
Cool. :)

Improved version with metallic look:

98248881.png

If you can tell me the Unique ID of your club (go to preferences / display / graphics&sound and tick "Show Unique IDs", and then it shows up next to the club name), then I can make the different sizes and a config file and put it together in a folder. Could you also PM me an email I can send it to?

72980870.png

Suadiye 2015/2016 Season Summary

Spor Toto Süper Lig:

A surprisingly brilliant season. The media expected us to finish 18th but once again, we managed to do much much better. After 3 unnecesarily easy losses at the end of the first half of the season, we were sitting at 12th place. In the January window, I signed Ched Evans and a new-gen called Almir and our strike force became much better. As you can see, Almir contributed 11 goals and 17 assist (wow) in 25 total appearances. Ched Evans also helped with his experience and teamwork ability and finally Murat Tiryaki had not one, but two good strike partners. We then went on an amazing run, losing 5 games and winning all the rest, thus taking us to 5th place of the table at the end of the season. As you can see, we were only 1 point away from entering the champions playoff.

The table gives another interesting statistic too, we were the second highest scoring team in the league, but also the highest conceding team too. If our defense were any good, we would be crowned champions probably... In the European Places playoffs, we played Kayserispor in the first round and in the first leg, away from home, we beat them 4-10 with an amazing 3 goals 3 assists performance from Murat Tiryaki and Ched Evans came on as a sub in the 62nd minute and completed his hat-trick in 77th. We won the home game 1-0 and we were against Ankaragücü. Ankaragücü is an interesting team, and a menace for my team as they beat us 4-0 in the league, in the final month of the season, preventing us from going to the champions playoffs. We won the first game 1-2 away, but lost 0-2 with a last minute goal at home and bye bye Europa League. Or is it? ;)

Ziraat Türkiye Kupası:

It was much easier this time, since as past winners, we were added to the draw late in the competition. We played 2 lower division clubs and a Süper Lig club who were much inferior to us in the quarter finals. In the semi finals though, I was worried because we were against Bursaspor who beat us twice in the league and finished a single point ahead of us. Our revenge was cold, we beat them 8-1. The final saw us beat Beşiktaş 1-0 and Europe, here we come again!

UEFA Europa League:

Nobody gave us a chance in this competition, since we were a newly promoted Turkish club with a history of 4 years of football. In the 4th qualifying round, we were up against Hoffenheim and shockingly we managed to knock them out and won ourselves a place in the group stage. The group was a tough one, with Celtic, PSV and Udinese being much stronger teams then us, but our lads fought bravely. We won against Udinese twice, and a draw with PSV saw us claim the second place in the group, and we were facing Shaktar Donetsk. We were far ahead of where we should've been, so there was no pressure, and no hearts were broken when they knocked us out 7-4 on aggregate. All in all, it was a great run and it made our team, and myself as a manager, slightly known in Europe.

Key Players:

I've already talked about Ched Evans and Almir, but the real star was once again, our very own Murat Tiryaki. He had a hard time, getting used to the top level football, but after November, he started banging them in and with a magnificent performance, he claimed Turkey Top Scorer and adidas European Golden Shoe awards with 38 goals to his name. He also got his first cap with a pre tournament friendly, and in his first official game, his second cap, he scored a goal against Spain in the European Championship group stage and helped Turkey win the game. The tournament has just begun and I'm sure he'll do wonders in the tournament. Here's a new screenshot of him, so that you can see how much he progressed and his general performance this season. So far, in 94 games, he scored 123 goals and claimed 43 assists in his career.

tiryaki2016.jpg

Other notes:

We have excellent junior coaching, paying 500k a month, but due to technological advances, our facilities were downgraded to adequate training facilities and basic youth facilities. The board says they don't have the money to upgrade them, but they just got a bank loan of 1.7m pounds to expand the stadium by 1500 people to make it 8000 capacity. I wanted to cut back on junior coaching, since our junior networking and youth facilites were pretty crappy, but they told me that the club was financially stable enough to carry on with the current junior coaching budget.

I signed Emre Can as a free transfer, hopefully he can improve himself and fill in for the retiring midfielders. I have a transfer budget of 1.5 million pounds but not many players that I can buy for that amount. I'm waiting for the new season to officially start before buying players. Hopefully, I will at least buy the necessary replacements so that we can keep what we have done so far, and progress further ahead.

Murat scored 5 goals in 5 games in the European Championship, taking Turkey to the semi final, but he was injured for 3 weeks in the quarter final. Fatih Terim, the boss, was devastated and Turkey lost 2-1 to Denmark in the Semi Final. He's on his way to becoming a true Turkish legend. I'm so proud

Suadiye 2016/2017 Season Summary

Hey guys, sorry I'm really sick so I can't make a proper season update.

Turkish Cup: We got knocked out at 5th round to a lower league club -.-

Süper Lig: We were about to get a place in the championship playoffs but 4 injuries at the same time, got us for a month and we were against strong teams so it killed our chances. We finished 5th place, 8 points behind the leader. Still very impressive. We finished the european places playoff and played Beşiktaş who beat us 5-2 and we're going to the Europa League from the second qualifying round

Europa League: Despite being in an easy group, shockingly we lost twice against Hapoel Tel-Aviv and got knocked out in the group stage

News: Almir was pretty poor this season, so I sold him for 4 million pounds to Santos. But the real problem is, I had to sell Murat Tiryaki. He had only one year left on his contract and he was asking for 2 million pounds, which obviously I can't afford. However, with only 2 million in the bank, selling him to Chelsea for 23.5 million pounds will do wonders for the club. Hopefully, the club will have much better facilities and with a few more transfers, and the help of Ched Evans, we'll satisfy the board with a top half finish

edit: sigh.. They're only increasing the stadium capacity by 1k, up to 9.3k... I'm too much of a visionary for this club :/ The training facilities are being upgraded too but I'm not hoping for much

2017/2018 Mid-Season Update

Amazing season so far. We got knocked out of Europa League at the group stage but the league campaign was something else. After selling superstar Murat Tiryaki to Chelsea, I brought 2 quality, young strikers, a quality left back who can play in the midfield too and a young centre back who grew amazingly. We had trouble scoring in the first games, but after a while, we got used to it.

After the first half of the season, we are magically at the top of the table, with 14 wins and 3 losses, no games drawn. We scored 52 goals and the Turkish league record is 105 goals. Perhaps we can make it?

The only down-side was the Trabzonspor game where they had 4 shots the whole game, we had 20 and they won 2-1 -.-

We lead the league by 5 points and if we manage to go to the playoffs as league leaders with a 10 point margin, I don't see a reason we fail to become the champions. Glory came faster than expected...

Archived