An FM Career - Now With Added Bitterness.

hursty2

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats me unsubscribing from this thread. I'm jealous of Stoke as it is without you thrashing us in every cup! :p

Don't do it! :p

Nagy indeed looks like a top notch striker - he's goign to be a beast!

I hope he becomes THE beast of my club!

To: hursty2

Subject: RE: Proposed Loan Agreement

Dear hursty2,

PLEASE GIVE ME NAGY NOW!!!

Sincerely, Adelaidean

Chester Football Club, BSP

You wish mate! ;)

You can push it higher than that, surely! That's pocket change to Man City and Barcelona! :eek:

I saw someone in a GD thread that was being harassed by Man City for a youngster (this is in FM12) and got fed up, countering with a request for 1.5 million pounds and 150 million pounds after 20 international appearances, which Man City somehow accepted! :D

You can push it higher than that, surely! That's pocket change to Man City and Barcelona! :eek:

I saw someone in a GD thread that was being harassed by Man City for a youngster (this is in FM12) and got fed up, countering with a request for 1.5 million pounds and 150 million pounds after 20 international appearances, which Man City somehow accepted! :D

It's gone to 25M. :D

They haven't bid for him...yet.

Also:

LiamHurstNews_Inbox-2.png

Great end to the season! Nagy seems to be a popular guy! Great news on the 5 year contract!
Thanks mate, Nagy is indeed becoming sought after property!
Villa never looked like a likely move.
Yeah, no way. I don't see myself leaving Stoke at all, unless I start a journeyman thread when I stop enjoying this one.
Pretty good season there. :thup:
It was for the most part but I think I got lucky in grabbing 7th place, it was a very weird season for the premier league as a whole. :D

How on earth do you get through a season? :L and is there any way to bid to host a final :L

Cheers Hursty :)

I'm slow at getting through a season unlike some people.

Not sure about the bidding thing, I don't think you can.

btw, do NOT sell shawcross, in a couple of years he'll be like puyol methinks

Depends how big of an offer comes in tbh. :D

JULY – OCTOBER 2013

Transfer News

This season I needed to bulk out my squad for Europe and this saw me bring in five new faces, four transfers and a loan signing. Into the team came, Tomas Hubocan (2.3M), Fabian Delph (3.5M), Tom Cairney (3.6M) and Joe Mattock (1.4M) – three of these signings being English. Hubocan was on loan for me last year and impressed me so much that I duly signed him up. This years loan signing is Andrea Mantovani from Palermo for a fee of 525K, I opted for a loan signing again as no other left backs offered value for money.

Europa League

I strolled through the qualifiers with ease, beating teams by over 8 goals on aggregate. This then allowed me to progress through to the group stages to face, Sparta Prague, Spartak Moscow and Sturm Graz, all with 700+ mile away trips involved.

UEFAEuropaLeagueOverview_Stages-1.png

Squad Overview

The squad is getting younger by the season now and with the addition of three young English players, it stands us in good stead for the forthcoming seasons. That along with the retirements of Higginbotham and Almunia has brought our average age down to 25, far from the aging team I had at the start of my career. I now have depth on the wings too, which I never used to have. The progression of Nagy has also been pleasing and he adds another option up front.

I also have a new assistant manager in the form of former Barnsley goalkeeper, David Preece – who said feeder clubs are just for players!

Ouch :/ Unlucky man, although great progress you have been making (y) Good to see bunnings isn't tieing you down away from your better 'career' ;)

How would you rate FM12? Worth the step up from 11?

I'll be lucky not to get relegated at this rate too. :D

Get FM12.

OCTOBER 2013 – FEBRUARY 2014

As far as I’m concerned this has been my worst spell at the club and I am actually surprised that I haven’t been sacked yet. The team hasn’t been able to string together a length of good performances unlike last term.

TRANSFER NEWS

No one has come in the past transfer window as I didn’t feel the squad needed improving but rather the cohesion of the team needs to improve, which also led to a change in tactics from my usual 4-4-2 into an asymmetrical 4-2-3-1.

StokeCityTactics_Overview-1.png

PREMIER LEAGUE

I currently sit in 13th position with 25pts from 23 games, with some very concerning results along the way. My form has been terrible and I haven’t been able to find a consistent team throughout the most part of the season. I highly doubt I will make my media prediction of 7th.

BarclaysPremierLeagueOverview_Stages.png

LEAGUE CUP

To be quite honest my squad hasn’t been consistent enough in order to challenge on all fronts, however I didn’t expect to be beaten by Middlesbrough in the third round. It was disappointing but not the end of the world.

FA CUP

Again I struggled in this competition, firstly in the third round against Peterborough in where they took us into a replay. Luckily we progressed through that but sadly couldn’t against Southampton, beating us 1-0.

EUROPA LEAGUE

Well wow, how close was it?! In the final game we scored in the last few minutes to win the game but that still wasn’t enough to put is through with three teams finishing on 10pts and even though I had the best goal difference it didn’t matter, we didn’t get better results against the other teams. This has probably been the downfall of our season, as since then results haven’t gone our way.

UEFAEuropaLeagueOverview_Stages-2.png

KEY PLAYERS – SO FAR

Andras Nagy – This fella is turning into a great striker, he currently leads out goal scoring charts and has got us some vital points in games. And even after signing a five year contract, he is still attracting attention from Man City.

Ryan Shawcross – He has again been solid at the back and will be vital to the team turning around the season in the coming months.

We need to see better performances from key players such as Jermaine Pennant, Rasmus Falk and Robert Huth. Hopefully now that all we have to do is play in the league, we will benefit and see some better results that will lead to a charge up the table.

'MON THE POTTERS!

Some poor results in there mate. How do you go from not scoring in 4 games, beat Chelsea 3-0 and then lose at home to WBA? How are the board taking it, any sign you're under pressure?

I know, it is terrible! The board haven't said much yet, that's not to say I don't feel the pressure. :D

Every good thread has the rough spells, it makes the winning more sweeter! You tried calling a team meeting? I lost 3 on the bounce, called a team meeting, won the next 2!

The Premier League is a harsh league, don't forget that :thup:

Hopefully I can crack on!

END OF SEASON UPDATE

This easily is my worst season so far! After being knocked out of Europe and both domestic cups in the early stages it left my sole focus upon the league. You’d have thought this would have benefited me right? Well it was not to be.

PREMIER LEAGUE

In the league we were predicted to come 7th but we finished five places lower and in a measly 12th. Inconsistent results, twelve wins, seven draws and nineteen losses confined us to only 43pts and well adrift of last season’s points total. I just never managed to find a consistent set of results, to at least push us up the table. If I’m to progress any further in this career with Stoke I must at least consistently keep getting into Europe, in order for me to attract better players to the club. Oh and losing 8-0 to Man City, to literally hand them the league title from United, doesn’t help.

ManCityvStokeInformation_Overview.png

EUROPA LEAGUE

As you saw in the last update it was a very close group with three teams finishing on 10pts, Sturm Graz, Spartak Moscow and us. However sadly we were the team to get knocked out and couldn’t better our form from our first season in Europe.

DOMESTIC CUPS

Again we were disappointing all round and didn’t manage to build up a good cup run that could of ended us up in Europe. The FA and League Cup went much like the rest of the season.

KEY PLAYERS

Ryan Shawcross – Yet again he got Fans Player of the Year and it’s hard to imagine him staying on at the club much longer, especially now he is starting in the World Cup for England.

Andras Nagy – My top goal scorer this season at only 19 years of age, he bagged 17 goals and ended up with five Young Player of the Month awards.

AndrasNagyPOTMAwards.png

BEST ELEVEN

StokeHistory_BestEleven.png

AROUND THE WORLD

|1.Bundesliga2.Bundesliga | Eredivisie | La LigaLiga Adel. | Ligue 1Ligue 2 | Serie ASerie B|

Tough Season, at least Nagy did you proud.

Assuming the board are still happy what's the plans for the summer, revamping the squad?

The board are content with my performances at the moment. I told them I'm aiming for a top half finish and they gave me 21.5M to spend and a 715K wage budget, hopefully I can put that to use and get a good left back, right winger and that's all really. Although it's hard to find a decent LB at the moment and no players that I could splash my budget on want to come to Stoke. :D

The City result must have been difficult to take. I hate it when your team is getting hammered and you just sit there feeling helpless. Hope you can get some decent signings in and push on.

I literally just walked off after the 5th goal. :D

Man City fans finally have payback, unfortunately they took it out on you and not Middlesbrough, after all they were the team that thrashed them 8-1 a few seasons ago!

Good luck with next season, we all have underachieving seasons :thup:

Cheers mate! Now I just need to find some players to sign.

The reason why no one has been able to break into the top 6 so far in my save.

DATE: 25 July 2014

Man Utd

1st Season - Eden Hazard (15M), Danny da Costa (1M), Figuerido (1M)

2nd Season - Danny (19M)

3rd Season - 4 regens

Chelsea

1st Season - Lucas Piazon (7M)

2nd Season - Bryan Ruiz (9M)

3rd Season - Fabio Coentrao (23.5M), Santi Carzola (21M), Youssuf Mulumbu (14M), Balasz Dszudzsack (13M) <---Can't spell or even say that name. :D

4th Season - Miralem Pjanic (13M), Regen (3M), Jack Rodwell (18M), Vaclev Kadlec (12M), Gary Cahill (13M)

Arsenal

1st Season - Cristian Ansaldi (12M), Arouca (12M), Mathieu Debuchy (5M), Andre Ayew (11M), Aly Cissokho (7M)

2nd Season - Nacer Chadli (9M), Koray Gunter (2M), Regen (2M), Brahim (2M), Regen (3M), Diego Perotti (7M), Mikael Lustig (3M)

3rd Season - Darras Ludovic (2M), Yohan Cabaye (16M), Samba (19M), El Hamdouia (4M)

4th Season - Steven Davis (8M), Erick Torres (10M)

Man City

1st Season - Yaya Sanogo (2M), Saul (1M), Srna (15M), Ganso (22M)

2nd Season - Lassana Diarra (12M), Arturo Vidal (18M), Di Maria (13.75M), Chyrgnyski (15M), Pantilimon (3M), Carrasso (1M), Regen (2M)

3rd Season - 3 Regens

4th Season - Regen (3M)

Tottenham

1st Season - Gokhan Gonul (13M), Balzaretti (12M)

2nd Season - Maxi Peirira (10M), Cristian Zapata (12M), Naingollan (10M), Joe Ledley (6M), Yarmolenko (12M), Artur Borac (2M), Regen (3M)

3rd Season - Luuk De Jong (4M), Kevin Doyle (10M), Krasic (16M), Vrsaljko (15M), Martin Olsson (15M), Shikabala (3M).

4th Season - Barry Bannan (8M), Isla (12M), Mehdi Benatia (9M)

Liverpool

1st Season - Mangane (15M), Cardozo (11M)

2nd Season - Radu (6M), Badelj (21M), Kayal (7M), Beuno (2M), Regen

3rd Season - Le Tallec (2M), Cristian Benitez (6M), Romo Rafael (1M), Rinaldo Cruzero (7M), Jelavic (4M), Jefferson (3M)

4th Season - Karim Ait Fana (5M), Marko Arnautovic (3M)

:D

Archived