Selling players is impossible (again)

Seriously. You could offer Lionel Messi to clubs for 25M and they wouldn't be prepared to make an offer while the asking price is what it is.

It's absolutely ridiculous. In order to sell a player you have to offer him to clubs for much less than his actual valuation yet when buying players you have to pay about 3 times their valuation.

Can't flog Robben for 20M here yet I had to pay 17M for a 16 year old regen. Come on now.

Anybody got any tips for getting fair offers for your players?

Edit: Finally, Chelsea come in with an offer of 20M for Robben, all is good. Oh, wait, it's £0 up front then 20M over 48 months because Chelsea are totally skint, I forgot.......

Yeah i notice that you have to pay a lot if you want players then when you want to sell someone you get s**t offers and barely any money upfront. I have sold two players on cheap deals sold carlos teves for 25 to ac milan even though hes worth 40m, then wanted to sell ballotelli only offer i got was from ac milan for 5 mil and he is valued at 10 mill

I couldn't sell my ****** players, so I just left them to run their contract out and release on free, I'm in 4th season with a transfer kitty of 130m with Liverpool, I'm also finding it hard to sell players too.

I just watch who I buy now, also I search transfer market for bargains, bought tevez for 5m then he got straight red then fined him he lost morale sold him end of season for 15m his wages was high replaced him with balotelli who cost me 3.5m on a 60,000 per week contract, bargain!!! Downing leaving end of season on free tried to sell him for seasons, unable!!!

In my Man Utd save I sold Park and Anderson for 10m each. Just offered them out at that in the first January and about 4-5 clubs came in for each.

So I disagree with the OP.

My feelings are that the game reflects real life. Nobody wants Tevez because of his high wages. Park and Anderson on the other hand only command wages of 50-60k pw. More clubs that would want them and that they would be willing to go to is greater.

I managed to sell Anderson for £15m, which really surprised me as this is an issue that I've had with the FM games for quite a while now. At the same time, I'm trying to offload Mame Biram Diouf; he's valued at £3.5m and clubs are saying that my asking price of £1.2m is too high and not value for money. I'm sure there's all kinds of mitigating factors that come into it, such as age, wages, form, time left on their contract and so forth, so I wouldn't go all out and say it's a big problem with the game mechanics, but it is really frustrating when you're desperate to offload a player and you struggle to give him away for even a fraction of his valuation. So far, on top of the £15m Anderson sale, I've received a rather disappointing £5m for Berbatov, £1.2m for Kuszczak, £500k for Matt James and £1.5m for Gibson. I was hoping to get more for Gibson but in the end I just had to settle for that.

On the other end of things, I ended up paying a ridiculous fee of £22m for Ross Barkley. Now, he's got massive potential and in the few appearances I've given him so far he's been rather impressive, so that's a really sound investment. £22m seemed rather ridiculous but then I remembered he wasn't long into a decent contract and let's be honest, if someone buys him IRL I can see him going for not much less than that. English players are always hugely overpriced, look at the fees paid for Henderson, Carroll and even Lescott.

I managed to sell Anderson for £15m, which really surprised me as this is an issue that I've had with the FM games for quite a while now. At the same time, I'm trying to offload Mame Biram Diouf; he's valued at £3.5m and clubs are saying that my asking price of £1.2m is too high and not value for money. I'm sure there's all kinds of mitigating factors that come into it, such as age, wages, form, time left on their contract and so forth, so I wouldn't go all out and say it's a big problem with the game mechanics, but it is really frustrating when you're desperate to offload a player and you struggle to give him away for even a fraction of his valuation. So far, on top of the £15m Anderson sale, I've received a rather disappointing £5m for Berbatov, £1.2m for Kuszczak, £500k for Matt James and £1.5m for Gibson. I was hoping to get more for Gibson but in the end I just had to settle for that.

On the other end of things, I ended up paying a ridiculous fee of £22m for Ross Barkley. Now, he's got massive potential and in the few appearances I've given him so far he's been rather impressive, so that's a really sound investment. £22m seemed rather ridiculous but then I remembered he wasn't long into a decent contract and let's be honest, if someone buys him IRL I can see him going for not much less than that. English players are always hugely overpriced, look at the fees paid for Henderson, Carroll and even Lescott.

See, i can get a healthy figure for the likes of berbatov (£11m) but cant get rid of gibson for toffee.

Its always harder first window too, since the clubs have done their spend IRL, and this is reflected in the budgets of clubs in game

I really don't like the transfer market, for about the third game in the row.

Wolves have set Leigh Griffiths for transer, with a fee (again, they set it) of £1.6 Mil. Offer them £1.6 Mil and they Demand £4 Mil.

I can't sell Gamst Pedersen at Blackburn for free in the first season. Neither Roberts, Salgado, Nelsen, Andrews nor Grella.

AI teams demand ridiculous amounts of money for players from me, and then a week later an AI team bids less than half of what I offered and they accept.

I can see why if a player turned down a contract with another team the offers may stop coming in. As it will make any prospective buyers aware he is a 'contract rebel' and not worth bothering with.

Agree with the 'harder in first transfer window' comment, it is almost impossible to shift anyone first window IMO.

Sold Arnautovic for 12 million, which was almost 5 mill above his valuation(granted it was Anzhi buying), Markus Rosenberg for 6 million(Milan), when his value was less than 4, as for the loan offers... I couldn't sell Aaron Hunt, but Hoffenheim offered me a 1 million loan fee for the season which I took, and then sold him the next year... The reason that no one made an offer for hunt was that no one was willing to even attempt to pay comparable wages, I imagine no offers for messi meant no one had 200k available in their wage budget.

It might be worse in the EPL, but then again, I've always thought that the players in the EPL are all overvalued anyways. In the first window, not a lot of clubs are going to have any sort of a budget to pay 20 mill for a player.

Archived