FM12: Neuchatel Xamax Thread - Chechen Chainsaw Massacre

SpooneyDM

The day after my first CL group match this season vs Stuttgart, at home, 4-2 win, David Silva picked up his 20th goal of the season already, and his attributes increased like so...

davidsilva3.jpg

His regen face is annoying me now though, its literally every month his regen picture toggles on or off, no idea why, all other regens faces are fine :(

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just started this save, really enjoying it so far!

Brought in Olembe, Geremi, Hakan Yakin, Degen and Vennegoor of Hesselink.

4 wins out of 4 so far :)

Nice stuff, all free transfers arnt they? which is wise due to the quite low starting transfer funds, you should also look at Kevin Stuhr Ellegaard, he was a free agent keeper I signed and I still have 3 seasons into the game.

You could just save the 1mil transfer budget you start with and get more use out of it when combining it with any money Bulat gives you for January. But imo its definitely worth trying to pick up Anderson Martins and Ivan Bandolvski for very very cheap.

Spoony you've really tempted me here to just pack my save in for now and try this :D I'm impressed with the amount of team threads we've had so far this year that are away from the normal top 5-6 leagues:applause: and they have all tempted me:D

Im glad ive tempted someone by talking to myself lol, its a very fun challenge, as you get consistent money to spend but so far the foreground sugar daddy will only pump in a specific amount of money due to club rep, so you cant go from zero to hero in 1 season, you have to build the club up gradually. So far each transfer window, Summer and January, ive had about 5mil to spend roughly, so that is about 10mil spent on players each season + any transfer revenue your generate.

First season spent 9.25mil, sold 1.2mil

Second season spent 16mil, sold 7.5mil

Third season(only summer window) spent 9.25mil, sold 8.25mil, I wouldve spent more but dropped my budget by about 2mil to increase wages for Granero's free transfer.

Even then looking at the total money spent it appears to be a lot so far but you are restricted by your club and league rep on who you can sign, ive missed out on lots of much better players for similar prices due to them barely negotiating terms and them moving to another club.

But anyway good luck dude.

Nice stuff, all free transfers arnt they? which is wise due to the quite low starting transfer funds, you should also look at Kevin Stuhr Ellegaard, he was a free agent keeper I signed and I still have 3 seasons into the game.

You could just save the 1mil transfer budget you start with and get more use out of it when combining it with any money Bulat gives you for January. But imo its definitely worth trying to pick up Anderson Martins and Ivan Bandolvski for very very cheap.

Yeah, apart from Yakin who cost me around 400k. Very happy with them, all first teamers. Yeah he looks great but already moved to a club :(

Just got in James McFadden now.

Yeah, apart from Yakin who cost me around 400k. Very happy with them, all first teamers. Yeah he looks great but already moved to a club :(

Just got in James McFadden now.

I seriously considered McFadden and Vennegoor of Hesselink, but ended up opting against them and taking gambles on younger players.

My Epic Anfield European Night!

anfieldwin.jpg

What a great win that is! Everytime I scored, Carroll just went up the other end and scored. It was almost as if David Silva was waiting for it to be too late for them to equalize a 3rd time to score himself, after he hit the woodwork twice.

Im putting the win down to my amazing team selection skills as I didnt do a single sub the entire match! And I started the pacier and trickier Ezequiel over big name Esteban Granero, and that worked a charm as Ezequiel assisted both of the striker's goals :p

Got knocked out in the ECC 1st knockouts bt psg, even though i topped a group with barca, shakhtar and some small team =\, really disappointed as we got to the final the year before ;(

Ouch, unlucky. My hopes of finishing 3rd in the group rely on me beating Stuttgart away. Second place has gone after Liverpool slaughtered me at Home, so they better me in the head to head.

My Epic Anfield European Night!

anfieldwin.jpg

What a great win that is! Everytime I scored, Carroll just went up the other end and scored. It was almost as if David Silva was waiting for it to be too late for them to equalize a 3rd time to score himself, after he hit the woodwork twice.

Im putting the win down to my amazing team selection skills as I didnt do a single sub the entire match! And I started the pacier and trickier Ezequiel over big name Esteban Granero, and that worked a charm as Ezequiel assisted both of the striker's goals :p

Me not like this result :(

OMG I want to cry, sooooooo close to finishing second in my Champions League group.

clgroup3.jpg

An 80th minute Daniel Agger goal for Liverpool vs Stuttgart in the last group match meant they finished above me :(

Also note my very eventful 3-8 loss to Real Madrid at home, in the two CL group matches vs Real, Cristiano Ronaldo scored 8 times! I just couldnt cope at all. Ah well at least I still have European football in February.

Season 3 Review

Just finished my 3rd season, I won the League for a third time on a row, but also managed to win the Swiss Cup again after missing out last season. Leverkusen knocked me out of the Europa League knockouts for the second year running, as I dont seem to be getting much luck in Europe so far as manager of Xamax.

season3tablen.jpg

Scored a whooping 152 goals this season which im really happy about, had two 9-0 wins this season. Also conceding only 1 goal per match is quite pleasing considering my defense and keeper is the weak area of my squad and it is an improvement on last season's 41 goals conceded.

season3squad.jpg

Two Words...One Name...David Silva. This kid is amazing! 58 goals and 40 assists! 10 of those goals and 11 of those assists coming in Europe too. He also picked up his first France cap in the last international break, but sadly France didnt qualify for the World Cup so he wont be going :(

Also Gaston Fernandez, now 30, still proving he has fantastic ability and oozes with quality with an impressive goals and assists record. And despite the signing of big name Esteban Granero, my surprise star signing of season 2 Ezequiel, continues to perform outstandingly on the left wing, with an 8.01 rating and lots of goals and assists.

Fabio Langiotti at Left Back is the second regen to cement a first team place in my team after David Silva.

Now for another summer of holding onto my stars and trying to find some great value for money deals and sell off one or two average backup. Possibly defense and keeper being priority, not sure yet.

Ah ha! Awesome, been given intial budget of 12.5mil and 100k wage budget over my current wage bill, until now ive usually been give about 5mil to spend and roughly 50k over my current wage bill.

Should be able to make some top quality signings now as long as they are interested in joining, and hopefully next season will be the first time I can qualify out of the CL group stage.

Would love to be able to sign a top Swiss international player, someone like Benaglio or Inler or Barnetta, but there is no way they would join me :( Benaglio would be perfect for my short term keeper problem.

I'm going to give this a go! Are there any foreign player rules going on? Seems a good long-term challenge!

Yeah you can only register a maximum of 10 non-EU, and only 5 can be in your first team 11 at any time. So what I do is reserve specific positions for non-EU, so lets say my first choice AML is non-EU, my backup can also be non-EU. You have to be wary of subbing on non-EU to replace an EU player in other words. But so far the non-EU limit hasnt really been a problem for me.

Good luck dude. Its a very fun save.

Yeah you can only register a maximum of 10 non-EU, and only 5 can be in your first team 11 at any time. So what I do is reserve specific positions for non-EU, so lets say my first choice AML is non-EU, my backup can also be non-EU. You have to be wary of subbing on non-EU to replace an EU player in other words. But so far the non-EU limit hasnt really been a problem for me.

Good luck dude. Its a very fun save.

Cheers, seem to be some good players straight from the start! Went with CL qualification, good wage money and a decent enough transfer budget!

Oh no....

leaguerep3.jpg

No idea what made it drop that much, gunna be even harder to attract players to the league now :( Hopefully it wont effect my current players wanting to play in a better standard of league and refusing to sign new contracts aswell, hmmm.

goldenboot3.jpg

This put a big smile on my face, especially as Gaston Fernandez was runner up last season due to playing in a poor league even though he scored the most goals. But now David Silva has annihilated the opposition even with the handicap.

Wow this has become really hard, because of the low league rep, my players are worth next to nothing, and are now asking for huge wages when giving them new contracts, so even if I decide to just sell them an bring in someone on lesser wages, I cant because I wont recoup much money from the sale.

Never thought a foreground sugar daddy club would be such a challenge, Ill never progress beyond the CL group stages at this rate.

Just secured David Silva on a new 5 year deal for tiny wages considering he is now a full France International, he is now my most valued player by a lot, at 5.5mil. Ive reshuffled my squad a bit, sold some of my fringe trash and sold 1 or 2 unhappy players, just need to figure out where to spend my money, hmmm.

In the 2nd champions league final within 4 years, semis i had to play chelsea, 1-1 at stamford bridge thanks to an 86th minute goal by my bolivian international centreback, in Neuchatel we were 1-0 thanks to a stormer of a goal, 1-1 then found ourselves 1-2 down, thankfully we scored in the 80th minute then right after in the 82nd minute to make it 3-2 :D

Now in the final against Bayern Munich hoping to go 1 better than 2 years ago :p

*Edit: Got beat 4-1.

OMG. Got to the final AGAIN the year after, this time having to beat Real Madrid in the knockouts, AC Milan in the quarters, Man Utd in the semis & then Marseille in the final, final score in the final: Neuchatel Xamax 2 - 0 OM. A Fierro doubloe was enough to secure a swiss club their FIRST EVER ECC.

OMG. Got to the final AGAIN the year after, this time having to beat Real Madrid in the knockouts, AC Milan in the quarters, Man Utd in the semis & then Marseille in the final, final score in the final: Neuchatel Xamax 2 - 0 OM. A Fierro doubloe was enough to secure a swiss club their FIRST EVER ECC.

Great job! Just read this whole thread and it seems very tempting :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just made it to end of transfer window....disappointed there is no round up of transfer like there is for the EPL but heres my transfers.....been a little bit busy!! Before anyone states that I cheated, all the monetary transfers were made with monthly installments made over 48 months with next to no money going out direct

http://s930.photobucket.com/albums/ad146/jimmyt86/Football%20Manager/?action=view&current=2011-12-07_00002-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Season 1 Review

Ive had a very successful first season in charge of Xamax, Ill start of by showing you who I signed/sold.

xamaxseason1transfers.jpg

As you can see I had a lot of money to spend in January, but had to be really clever with the little money I had at the start of the game.

Anderson Martins and Ivan Bandalovski were amazing must buy bargains, as was Adam Vass.

The two young South Africans, Siyanda Xulu(DC) and Kermit Erasmus(ST) look promising and already shown signs of development.

Paulo Mouche was relatively cheap, but has no exceptional quality, he just fit inside the starting budget limitations.

Dzmitry Rekish was a left winger I found, that looked to have decent quality for his price of under 100k, but he had issues settling at the club, had to give him back to back leave of absences, which was a shame.

How did you manage to get Martins?? I scouted him and he had no intention, interacted and he said he would think about it but when bid was accepted he had no interest

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to start a Xamax save before the patch comes out. I'm at the winter break in the first season but I'll start this summary from the beginning. Struggled to get any decent staff in after sacking those that were there at the start. Made plenty of transfers in the summer, tried to go for some of the suggested players but Bandalovski isn't in the database and Anderson Martins wasn't interested so here is who I got instead:

Ins:

Santiango Morero (D RC) - Chievo - £55k - very cheap for a good defender, recommended by a scout I hired as an alternative to Anderson Martins. Performed very well so far.

Nelson Rivas (DC) - free transfer - experienced defender to give further cover.

Kevin Stuhr Ellegaard (GK) - free transfer - signed as recommeneded in this thread.

Adam Vass (DM/MC) - Brescia - £475k - bargain price and excellent stats for this level, has formed a great partnership with Victor Sanchez.

Alessio Sestu (AM RC) - Siena - £350k - scout suggested he would be a good purchase so I gambled and it has payed off as he has been scoring lots from the right wing.

Yaya Sanogo (ST) - Auxerre - £3.2m - moment of madness when making this expensive purchase. Barely played at all but does have 5 star potential.

Glenn Loovens (DC) - Celtic - £425k - signed as another defensive option but not really needed now although his versatility is handy.

Teko Modise (AM RC) - Sundowns - £250k - Another bargain for a player with very good stats for this level.

Kai Schwertfeger (D RL) - Dusseldorf - £150k - Best right back I could find but still quite average.

Ibrahim kargbo (DRLC, DM) - Baku - £425k - agent offered him and I liked his versatility so struck a deal but he has been rubbish so I'll probably sell him.

Outs:

Mike Gomes - Delemont - 20k

Maxime Brenet - Feirense - £28k

Geoffrey Treand - Empoli - £450k

Stephane Besle - Rosenborg - £1.1m

Marcos Gelabert - PAOK - £1.3m

Chirikashvili, Cassara, Geiger, Ndarugendamwo, Lara, Castella, Erard, Dampha all released on free transfers.

In the league at the half way point we are 2nd, 5 points behind leaders Thun. Scoring lots of goals but conceding a few aswell. In a lot of games we race away to a 2 or 3 nil lead but play terrible in the 2nd half and let the other team make a comeback but I feel with a few additions in the winter this can be resolved and we can push on to hopefully win the league. In the cup we have faced lower league opposition so it has been an easy route to the Quarter finals where we will face St. Gallen.

Just before the start of December I got the wonderful news that Bulat had given extra transfer funds taking my budget up to £10m so hopefully with a few 48 months deal I can pull off a few coups. I'm currently in negotiations with some very big names who I was surprised were interested but I won't name them just yet incase it doesn't work out.

Bulat also pumped £28m into the clubs balance so I have asked him to buy the stadium, upgrade the youth facilities and the training facilities, all of which he has agreed to.

I shall do another update when the window has closed.

Finished the January window and pulled off some major coups but did spend quite a lot of money. I was really surprised when I saw the calibre of players that were interested in a move, here is the list of transfers:

Ins:

Patri Pasanen (DRLC) - Red Bull Salzburg - £600k - can play all defensive positions and very experienced.

Bernard Mendy (DRL) - OB - £600k - hopefully the man to solve the right back problems.

Xherdan Shaqiri (AMRL) - Basel - £3.2m - Massive coup, requested a transfer as he wanted to move to a bigger club, had to beat 19 other teams to his signature.

Guillermo Ochoa (GK) - Ajaccio - £7m - Top quality goalkeeper needed to be brought in as Bailly and Ellegaard were conceding too many.

Dede (DC) - Vasco - £15m - Very big fee but for a really top class centre back I think its worth it.

Mathieu Bodmer (AMC) - PSG - £3m - Transfer listed by request, will provide competition in the 3 central midfield positions.

Dusan Tadic (AML) - Groningen - £10m - Another big fee but for a really talented player with excellent stats for this level.

Anderson Martins (DC) - Al-Jaish - £1.6m - Not as cheap as he would of been 6 months ago but could form an excellent Brazilian partnership with Dede.

Walter Gargano (DMC) - Napoli - £2.1m - Needed another defensive minded midfielder so when I saw he was transfer listed it was a good deal.

Outs:

Mickael Facchinetti - free transfer - complained about no football but noone was interested so I just let him go.

Ibrahim Kargbo - Al-Ittihad - £240k - failed to impress.

Jean-Francois Bedenik - Nancy - £275k - Wasn't planning to sell but they kept coming back with improved bids so allowed him to leave.

Glenn Loovens - Angers - £425k - Had a few too many defenders and he was the unlucky one chosen to be sold.

Bigambo Rochat - free transfer - Not good enough and noone wanted him.

Vincent Bikana - Bordeaux - £500k - got upset when there were a lot in his position so he requested a transfer.

Also had a deal lined up to sell David Navarro but he got a hip injury and failed the medical which was a shame as I could do with his wages off the bill. Another player I was in for was Wilfried of Vitesse but he chose Genoa instead. A deal has been agreed to bring in Gaston Fernandez on a free transfer in the summer.

Played 3 games since the winter break and have already closed the 5 point gap with Thun to go top with 3 wins in a row, also into the cup semi finals.

Archived