FM12: Neuchatel Xamax Thread - Chechen Chainsaw Massacre

SpooneyDM

Fredy Montero from Seattle is a great signing...definitely think you paid over the odds for Sanogo, he is available for loan at start of season for fee of around £120k and then you can sign him on pre-contract in Jan!! You can usually get some money for Dampha, see my signings a few posts above. Impressed you got over £1m for Besle, I only ever got offers of around his value but accepted cos wanted to get rid!! What leagues you running cos can get some pretty decent staff, will post my staff later

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I regretted the Sanogo deal as soon as I confirmed it haha. Just offered Besle out and there were 3 teams offered that amount for him. Running these leagues: Switzerland (both leagues), England, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Brazil (just the top league). Got a lot better staff now, there was so much more interest after the end of the first season.

At the winter break we were 5 points behind Thun, that gap was closed within 3 games and after that we ran away with the league finishing with 78 points, 14 ahead of 2nd place Young Boys. In the cup we saw off St. Gallen 3-1 in the quarters and destroyed Zurich 6-0 in the semis before beating Basel 2-0 in the final to complete a league and cup double.

In the summer there was a lot more transfer business:

Outs:

Paito - Brighton - £400k - did well in the first season but wasn't of a high enough quality after the purchases.

Alessio Sestu - Sochaux - £1.3m - had a lot of options in his position so decided to let him go for over £1m profit.

Bernard Mendy - Besiktas - £1m - only purchased in January but got sent off 3 times and became a liability.

Dusan Tadic - Arsenal - £20m - met his release clause and wouldn't sign a new contract so had to let him go but it was all up front so gave me a big budget.

Kevin Stuhr Ellegaard - HSV - £300k - unhappy about lack of football so allowed to leave.

David Navarro - Reggina - £600k - attempted to sell in January got injured. Old and high wages.

Nelson Rivas - AEK - £220k - too much competition so let him go somewhere he would play more.

Sebastien Wuthrich - Gladbach - £400k - Decided to let him go before I knew Tadic would be leaving.

Kai Schwertfeger - Duisburg - £425k - Failed to impress in his first season so it was an easy decision.

Max Veloso - Lecce - £450k - Same story as Wuthrich.

Santiago Morero - Brescia - £500k - No room in the squad for him after the purchases.

Ins:

Alejandro Gomez - Catania - £6.5m - replacement for Tadic, rated at the same ability level but much cheaper and lower wages.

Yann Sommer - Celtic - £3.6m - needed another keeper as Baillys loan was ending so he was the perfect choice with being homegrown.

Abel Hernandez - Palermo - £15m - Marquee signing. Needed a replacement for Arizmendi and was surprised to see this man interested so snapped him up from under the nose of Napoli.

Ivan Obradovic - Zaragoza - £4.2m - upgrade of Paito, the best left back that was available over the summer.

Diego Renan - Cruzeiro - £8.5m - 4 star replacement for the ill-disciplined Mendy.

Phillipe Koch - Swansea - £4m - bought with the champions league homegrown rules in mind.

Gaston Fernandez - free transfer - quality player to be picked up for nothing.

Valentin Stocker - Basel - £2.5m - Another player bought to fill the homegrown quota.

Goran Pandev - free transfer - couldn't turn down the opportunity given how versatile he is.

Also purchased 4 excellent regens with massive potential which I will post screenshots of if I get time later. Overall very pleased with the business I've done. Also just missed out on Angel Di Maria, had a fee and contract agreed but he chose Man City instead.

Started the new league campaign well with 7 points from 9 only dropping away to Basel. In the Champions league 3rd qualifying round we drew Sparta Prague and won the home leg 3-1, I was slightly concerned at conceding the away goal but it turned out alright as we went to their stadium and dispatched them 5-0. In the playoff round we have drawn Hapoel Tel Aviv so hopefully we can beat them and get into the group stages.

• 2 weeks later...
Decided to take over Xamax on new patch :p wish me luck!! :D

EDIT: Just realised I can't take over them as FM doesn't have 2. Liga league /o\

There is a competition update somewhere on here that has all the Swiss leagues....not sure whether the guy will update this to move xamax or not but worth an ask

Am i the only person to win the champions league with xamax? considering they arent in the game in the new patch? :p

If I've got a game going with Xamax and then update the game will my game cease to work with Xamax going out of the league?

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry, what exactly has happened to Xamax? Why aren't they in the game anymore?

From Wikipedia

After many financial crises, the team was excluded from Swiss Super League in January 2012 and declared bankruptcy on 26 January 2012.

From Wikipedia

After many financial crises, the team was excluded from Swiss Super League in January 2012 and declared bankruptcy on 26 January 2012.

Yeah I know that but they have been demoted to a lower league and I did have a game going where someone had edited the db so the lower leagues were in play and was wondering whether anyone knows of an edited db that includes this again?

Yeah I know that but they have been demoted to a lower league and I did have a game going where someone had edited the db so the lower leagues were in play and was wondering whether anyone knows of an edited db that includes this again?

I was speaking to Offleyhornet.

• 5 years later...

Archived