Sports Interactive Community
littleblue50

FM12SX - Official Thread

Please, go and play with your Windows Vista managing Barcelona. Then maybe - just maybe - you can NOT be a loser once.

Have you done one? never mind better but have you tried to do one?

It always gets finished but when it's only one person doing it, who has a job it can take a while to complete.

Please, go and play with your Windows Vista managing Barcelona. Then maybe - just maybe - you can NOT be a loser once.

For a start off i've got a mac, secondly i've given help to LB test previous versions and donated a few times.

I'm defending someone's hard work that's been contributed for nothing. Don't really understand why you've quoted me but if you'd read it properly you'd have realised it was in defence of LB.

For a start off i've got a mac, secondly i've given help to LB test previous versions and donated a few times.

I'm defending someone's hard work that's been contributed for nothing. Don't really understand why you've quoted me but if you'd read it properly you'd have realised it was in defence of LB.

Bad quote, Matt, sorry. It was addressed for the user complaining about the editor not being completed. Really sorry.

Bad quote, Matt, sorry. It was addressed for the user complaining about the editor not being completed. Really sorry.

No worries, i was on a bit of a rant that day if i'd thought of possibles that would have clicked. i notice the idiot hasn't come back though!

No worries, i was on a bit of a rant that day if i'd thought of possibles that would have clicked. i notice the idiot hasn't come back though!

Yes, sorry again. I was bothered with this whaalersink Bozo and clicked on your reply for mistake. Cheers.

I guess this is a dead project now...really sad.

Yes, because the person writing the program obviously doesn't have a job or a life to live!

Give them a break, if it was that easy to write the program you would be doing it yourself, These things take time.

Yes, because the person writing the program obviously doesn't have a job or a life to live!

Give them a break, if it was that easy to write the program you would be doing it yourself, These things take time.

I wasn't critizing anyone, mate...I just made a statement that it was sad that it obviously hasn't worked out as planned. I've been writing in littleblue's threads for many years and really appreciated all the effort she has put out for the rest of us. She has always been really positive, answered questions and updated the FMX regularly. This time around it doesn't seem like stuff might happen as before...hence my reaction: sad :-(

But I assure you I will always be grateful for all she has done, and I wish her all the best...no matter what happens with FMX.

I'm not criticising or anything but as someone who has used previous versions I find it sad if this is now dead. Has there been any progress with it and is a version likely to come out at some point?

HI LB,

are you still there? Any news about a news update of the Scout running with the new patch?

thanks a lot for your work to our mac community! ;)

:( no sign of life what so ever, 30-12 her last post. So lets all forget FM12SX and move on. If it happens that LB comes back its a nice present but doesn't look like it.

And for those commenting she has a RL and a job, Duh I know but just a quick command would do, a world without a computer and no internet is a good reason thou to not post anything :)

I don't care about the editor, I am just worried that littleblue is ok?... it is not like her to go quiet for so long :(

yea.. and people got angry when i questioned this. :rolleyes:

I do appreciate the time blue & co put in for this and they do a great work.

BUT, if you promise something, you got to live up to that.

BUT, if you promise something, you got to live up to that.

No. She has zero responsibilities to us, we haven't paid for anything. LB created this application in her spare time and shared it for free, and sometimes you just fall out of love or lose interest in things that takes lower priority than real-life commitments. The love could come back for another round of updates, but she isn't obligated to keep any of us informed about progress.

This thread shows some of the reasons why it's such an ungrateful ordeal creating free content and tools for Football Manager - there's a whole generation that feel entitled to anything that exists in digital form, as if it belongs to the world and not to the person who created it in the first place.

We're not entitled to anything, and if someone wants FM12SX to continue they're free to pick up where LB left off, it's all open source and available on Git Hub. Surely there is at least one more Xcode developer who plays FM2012.

Are there any other applications for us Mac users? I have used FMRTE for editing, but that's not updated since January...but what I really miss is a scouting application. Is there one for Mac?

I would even add to that. IF every user of her software had paid her something like US$5 for each time downloaded, probably there would not be so many cry babes here angry because daddy haven't gave him/her his toy. If it had meant some money for her, it is likely she would have found time to work on it because people do not do everything for money BUT work is something that, when well done, deserves to be paid. All the times most users found that hidden gem with FM12SX, they should say a prayer for LB. I totally agree with Mantralux when he says that there is a new generation that feel they own rights to everything. I hope they will mature into more reasonable adults.

No. She has zero responsibilities to us, we haven't paid for anything. LB created this application in her spare time and shared it for free, and sometimes you just fall out of love or lose interest in things that takes lower priority than real-life commitments. The love could come back for another round of updates, but she isn't obligated to keep any of us informed about progress.

This thread shows some of the reasons why it's such an ungrateful ordeal creating free content and tools for Football Manager - there's a whole generation that feel entitled to anything that exists in digital form, as if it belongs to the world and not to the person who created it in the first place.

We're not entitled to anything, and if someone wants FM12SX to continue they're free to pick up where LB left off, it's all open source and available on Git Hub. Surely there is at least one more Xcode developer who plays FM2012.

Are there any other applications for us Mac users? I have used FMRTE for editing, but that's not updated since January...but what I really miss is a scouting application. Is there one for Mac?

You can install virtual machine software like Parallels 7, install Windows on it and then seamlessly open Windows applications while running your Mac. The PC-only scout or savegame editors will work perfectly. Real-time editors won't work, as you have to have FM running for them to work, and it won't identify across platforms. But it's still a perfectly good solution, especially if your Mac is mid-spec or higher.

You can install virtual machine software like Parallels 7, install Windows on it and then seamlessly open Windows applications while running your Mac. The PC-only scout or savegame editors will work perfectly. Real-time editors won't work, as you have to have FM running for them to work, and it won't identify across platforms. But it's still a perfectly good solution, especially if your Mac is mid-spec or higher.

Thanks, but I've tried that several times (I have VirtualBox on my Mac) but Steam just won't start there. And when I try to re-install it I get the message that Steam is already running (although it's not) and that I have to shut it down. Status quo.

Windows is just utter CRAP, no matter where you run it.

Thanks, but I've tried that several times (I have VirtualBox on my Mac) but Steam just won't start there. And when I try to re-install it I get the message that Steam is already running (although it's not) and that I have to shut it down. Status quo.

Windows is just utter CRAP, no matter where you run it.

Genie Scout works fine for mac if you use Crossover.

Genie Scout works fine for mac if you use Crossover.

Good news and bad news for me:

The good news are I managed to start Steam after 17 tries. The bad news is that Steam says that "Error: Football Manager 2012 is already running" although I haven't started it at all. It is a fact that Football manager is hopeless to use in Windows...

Guys, you don't need Steam for the savegame editors and scouts, only for the realtime editors that need FM to be running. Crossover should work fine for any scout apps.

Well, at least for me a promise is a promise. And I do live up to them. No matter if theres money or not involved. A promise has nothing to do with money in my world. You stand by your word.

Well, at least for me a promise is a promise. And I do live up to them. No matter if theres money or not involved. A promise has nothing to do with money in my world. You stand by your word.

Let's not turn this into some pseudo-philosophical moral discussion about keeping your word. LB doesn't owe anyone anything. She provided you with the only Mac editor for Football Manager on the planet, for free. Now she's obviously busy with other things that are higher on the priority list. I doubt she sits around thinking "I'm going to purposely stop development to **** people off".

Delays are extremely common when it comes to software development, it always takes much longer than you think it will. When you're caught up in it you're optimistic about the project, but then reality catches up.

If there's one thing I'm 100% sure about, it's that complaining about the lack of activity and claiming LB lacks some kind of moral standard when it comes to "keeping promises" won't motivate her to continue anything. I know I wouldn't do anything if people acted this way about something I created. Lack of respect and patience won't magically create a new version of FM12SX.