FM12 Stadium Background project (1920x1080, 1920x1200 or 1600x1200)

geordie1981

Hey Goerdie, I've deleted every line from each config that doesn't contain the stadium ones is this correct for a matchday only? I haven't tried them yet because I'm gonna wait on the updates so the pack is more complete when I start using it, had a look through the images though and the pics are really good quality, good work.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes that's correct but I would hold off doing that anymore because I've just realised that as I update each Nation the new config file will overwrite the one you've just edited and undo all of the changes you've made.

So what I'll do is create a seperate download when the times comes with just the configs in it all set to matchday only.

So basically when the update is out do as the OP says, extract to here, overwrite all and then download the matchday only config file folder and repeat the process to overwrite the new configs.

I'm starting to confuse myself now so I'll probably make a video/word document at some point showing how to do all of that properly.

Open the skin folder and then the backgrounds folder within it.

Open the overlay folder and open the 80 file.

Highlight everything in the 80 folder and drag them across to the bg overlay folder or do it one at a time if you prefer.

Hit yes to overwrite and it should work after that.

This should work with the vitreous skin too, just move the files into bgoverlay2. I haven't checked ingame yet though.

Edit; Just tried them on vitreous and they don't work, you'll have to contact the author to find out if it's possible.

Managed to do what you said, geordie1981.They work a treat. I also read the post below,#52. If you're getting confused then Lord help me. I hope that you make it easy for me when you do the rest of your 'stuff'. The stadiums are top class and I'm looking forward to the rest of them. I for one really appreciate the work you do and am very appreciative of what you do and the help you give. PS, Is it possible to remove the alternative light and dark gray lines on the players attributes screens? Kind regards.

The only thing I'd like to request, if at all possible...

You have said in the opening post that you are working through and adding backgrounds basing it on the league reputation (fair enough!)

However I think it would add a lot more to the game more quickly if you added some or all national stadiums (Wembley/Millenium Stadium for example) for cup finals and International games before you go on to do leagues that are quite low down the reps...

Just a suggestion, keep up the good work!

oescus, don.t worry it's all pretty simple really just a handful of clicks and it's done. There's a slight margin of error with it so I'll be sticking up a guide just to make sure.

I'll throw a few National Stadiums in to each of the updates as well so hopefully they'll start to fill out at a similar rate to each Nation's league systems.

The lines, I'm guessing, are probably something to do with the skin so michaeltmurrayuk may be able to help with that one.

geordie, i think independiente have had their stadium revamped mate, if you could get a good one of the i would be very gratefull,

i also like how you put the club name beside the picture instead of a number, because being a sad man that i am, i sometimes like to look thru the clubs and see what their stadium is like [smaller clubs] and you couldn't always tell when they had numbers.

thanks for your hard work.

A custom skin would be best in order to read the text, the default doesn't come with a bg overlay.

To get them to show untick use skin cache, tick always reload skin on confirm and tick show background pictures in the display and settings menu in preferences. If they still don't show make sure they're are in the correct folder by going to preferences/general and matching the user data folder location shown at the bottom of the screen with the folder you've extracted the backgrounds to on your computer.

Have you got any other backgrounds that may be causing a config clash?

Have you unticked use skin cache and ticked show background pictures in the preferences?

If it's neither of those then check ingame to find out if you've put them in the correct user data folder, there are instructions on how to do that HERE

Looking good Daz cheers, also gee_simpson the SPL will be in the first update pack.

Nice one mate!

I'm using the fm12 base dark bg skin (link), the files to darken the overlay and the instructions are at the bottom of the OP in the link.

Edit; I've also opened the globel panel xml and set top padding to 0 to prevent it from squashing the pics down.

Do you advise people to do the same?

Cheers, I'll get there eventually.

The top padding resizes the height of the pic down by 150 pixels but not the width so it creates a squashed down effect and some jagged edges on the outline of the pitch, setting it to 0 just means that the pics will show in there correct dimensions. It doesn't affect the skin at all.

Cheers, I'll get there eventually.

The top padding resizes the height of the pic down by 150 pixels but not the width so it creates a squashed down effect and some jagged edges on the outline of the pitch, setting it to 0 just means that the pics will show in there correct dimensions. It doesn't affect the skin at all.

Thanks mate.

I use your backgrounds every year, they are great!

Thanks Geordie, so, figured out how to change the attribute colours, but, no matter how I change them they always clash. Could you help me change the opacity? Not sure how to do it seeing as my background files aren;t in the Fm12base dark skin folder?

everton.jpg

Thanks Geordie here is your backgrounds combined with the base2012 dark bg skin with kremmens logos, the mega face pack and kits installed. it really transforms the whole experience, cheers. Apart from downloading the files the whole setup took less than 5 mins.

Sorted it, thanks Geordie! When I was using just FM12 Dark skin, although the picture was too bright, my background pictures where on every screen. Now, it's a clearer picture and I can see the writing but the background pictures are only on when they are supposed to be. Pro's and cons eh!

@dogs, where did you get those logos and kits mate?

Hey mate, I cant make them work. I gave up trying on Flex so I tried them on Base BG skin cos I know thats working, but I still cant...

I guess Im putting the folders where I should: "C:\Users\my-name\Desktop\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\skins\base2012 dark bg\graphics" :(

I put the extracted folder there but nothing happens, I tried changing folder's name, like stadiums, backgrounds...or putting all these info in other places (like the folder where I have the faces, logos, etc.) but it didnt work either.

It is not a problem with the "skin cache" or something cos I already tried different combinations.

Don't put them in the skin folder, put them where your other graphics are. If they still don't work yet the faces, logos and kits do then you need to tick show background pictures in the preferences>display and sound menu.

Holysh**!!! What an idiot, I had the "show bg pic" unticked =P ... that happened because I re-installed the game and forgot to do that again, thanks mate!!! Now is working perfect!

Ok fellas. I really need some help. I'm extremly bad at configuring and fixing and stuff like that on the PC. So, I downloaded the pics, placed them in the FM directory. Ticked "show background images", but when I start the game I can't see nothing else. The texts are there, but I can't see them properly because of the stadium pic. So, I downlaoded some FM black something skin, but I have no "Skins" folder. I made one, copied the black skin but nothing. The stadiums pics are there, I see them, but I can't see the texts.

Can someone help me step by step please? I'm really sorry but have no idea what to do. Here or a PM if you would like. Thanks!

Deggs, it might be an obvious one you've already done, but in Preferences > Display and Sound did you change the in-game skin to Base2012 Dark BG?

Also when you say you put them in the FM directory what path did you use??? Through 'My Documents", right??

Archived