FM12 Stadium Background project (1920x1080, 1920x1200 or 1600x1200)

geordie1981

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still had no luck in getting these backgrounds to work without it clashing with the white writing, ive looked in the skins folder but there is nothing to replace in the overlay folder 80? Confused, can i have some help please. thanks.

Still had no luck in getting these backgrounds to work without it clashing with the white writing, ive looked in the skins folder but there is nothing to replace in the overlay folder 80? Confused, can i have some help please. thanks.

Have you downloaded the 'Base2012 Dark BG' skin??

And extracted the skin in to C:\Users\Home\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\skins ??

Here you go http://www.thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?t=76264

There are also pics for Sweden, Norway, Austria and the rest of Belgium and Mexico. When I get around to adding these leagues into the updates just delete these ones before applying because the file structure is slightly different to how I'm doing things now (sorted into leagues) and I'll be adding some improved pics when the time comes.

Many thnx for the pics.

Just two questions please.

a) I can't seem to make the Wembley stadium appear in the background when I click on England (I extracte the folder in my graphics/background folder and chose to overwrite).

b) How can I make a generic background appear when there's no background available? I don't like having another team's background appear when there's no background.

Many thnx for the pics.

Just two questions please.

a) I can't seem to make the Wembley stadium appear in the background when I click on England (I extracte the folder in my graphics/background folder and chose to overwrite).

b) How can I make a generic background appear when there's no background available? I don't like having another team's background appear when there's no background.

From what I seen when doing the configs for my game is that Wembley and the team GB stadiums are only set to matchdays.

You would need to add the extra 4 lines in the config yourself I would of thought.

That's right, I've set them to mathdays only temporarily until I can work out how to approach the National Stadia full on without creating config clashes. I'll upload a new config for the team screen for you in a bit.

Edit: Here it is http://www.gamefront.com/files/20975674/Config.rar

Mnay thanks.

Any help my second question?

edit: I put the config inside the "Other" folder and I overwritten. I guess I shouldn't have done that now that I think about it. Still doesn't work though :(

Have you reloaded the skin?

....................................................................................................................

Now that I'm not using mediafire anymore (200mb limit, rubbish speeds) I've decided to combine the base and update into one pack for those who don't have either. I'll be replacing the original links with these ones in the OP.

If you already have the original base pack with update applied you won't need this.

If you have the base but were put off downloading the update for whatever reason, delete the base and download this.

16:9 1920x1080 DOWNLOAD

16:10 1920x1200 DOWNLOAD

4:3 1600x1200 DOWNLOAD

I reckon that is a solid enough, far reaching base to work from so I'll start working Nation by Nation from now on beginning with England. I'm happy to take requests on a first come first served basis, so if you want Israel or the rest of Scotland or anything like that just say in here.

I'll be adding the stadia I have already created into the Nation by Nation packs just so that people who don't want/need the superpack can get all of the leagues (Prem etc)in each Nation without having to download the superpack.

Give me a week tops.

Judging by the numbers, thousands of hits for the base pack barely over a hundred for the update it looks like I've confused the hell out of people with all of this put them here, overwrite this bollards (I know it isn't down to quality) so I'll change things up with the Nation by Nation packs.

I'll put them all in a single folder split into leagues and you just have to extract them into your backgrounds folder and do what you want with them after that, no need to overwrite anything or owt like that. Just delete the England folder from the superpack (if you have it) when the time comes and you'll be good to go.

Hi Geordie,

Firstly, fantastic bit of work. Really adds to the game experience along with facepacks, logo's, kits etc.

However, my background images are really bright and almost mask the squad details etc... hard to see writing if you know what i mean. They don't appear like your screenshots - where the background is darkened.

I'm using the default FM12 Dark Skin - don't know if that has anything to do with it. What skin are you using with yours?

Thanks

****** No need for this now.... took my time and read through all the thread and found how to modify this with the BGOverlay - all sorted and well impressed ******

Glad it's working for you now, and thanks everyone for all of the kind words in this thread it's very much appreciated.

This is the first set of English backgrounds. All 160 playable clubs from the Premier League down to the Blue Square North/South as well as Wembley and The Olympic Stadium, both of which are set to the team screen as well this time.

Extract to;

Win Vista/Windows 7: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics\backgrounds

Win 2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics\backgrounds

Win 98/ME: C:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics\backgrounds

Mac OS X: /Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/graphics\backgrounds

or whichever graphics folder your working faces, kits and logos are located. If you don't have a backgrounds folder then create one.

No need to overwite anything this time, as long as they are in the relevant location mentioned above then the game will pick them up.

If you've downloaded my Superpack then delete the England folder from it before downloading this pack and you're good to go.

16:9 (1920x1080) DOWNLOAD

16:10 (1920X1200) DOWNLOAD

4:3 (1600X1200) DOWNLOAD

Screenshots

NewcastleUnitedSquad_Players-2.png

LeytonOrientSquad_Players-2.png

DagenhamandRedbridgeSquad_Players.png

FleetwoodTownSquad_Players.png

Fellas, I'm loving BOTH your packs - finding it hard to choose.

What happens if I install both - will the game choose one pack, randomly choose geordie for one club and jon for another, alternate between both, or conflict?

How about if I install say geordie for English leagues and jon for others?

Fellas, I'm loving BOTH your packs - finding it hard to choose.

What happens if I install both - will the game choose one pack, randomly choose geordie for one club and jon for another, alternate between both, or conflict?

How about if I install say geordie for English leagues and jon for others?

Not to jump in on Geordies thread, but if you run both, whichever you add second will be the one that shows. I seperate out my packs by nation (and I believe Geordie does as well) so if you want to mix and match, you can delete nations/leagues that you don't want from one of our downloadable packs, and run both at the same time. If you need further help, fell free to hit me up on PM - I don't want to detract from Geordie's great work in this thread.

Cheers,

Minne

Not a problem, like Jon said just mix and match and you get the best of both Worlds. There are so many great shots out there from so many angles and we're both restricted to choosing one stadium per team so the more choice to find the right one for each team/League to suit your needs the better.

hey guys,

couldn't it be better to cooperate togheter,i mean to create a megapack where you both worked on,like the facepack mp.

by example:minnaepolisjon create the dutch league ande geordie create the german league

so minneapolisjon shouldn't spend time to create the german & geordie shouldn't work on the dutch league.

make a thread of you 2 & create a wip message to avoid double work.

you can discuss the stadium pic you add by pm if you find different pics for the stadiums.

it's really hard to choose between your packs,they are both top qaulity.

That was the plan originally for the pair of us to upgrade the pics to a higher resolution with all of the new stadia and with more choice of high quality shots taken recently it is more than feasible but Jon went missing for 3 months so I got frustrated and started without him.

edit; In hindsight, I'm equally to blame (already apologised, but sorry again for that) because when he finally came back online I didn't even ask him where he'd been, I just told him we're slowing each other down and I was just going to get on with it. So a little bit of a breakdown in communication coupled with my hot-headedness and impatience brought the partnership to an end. I only found out recently, after the fact , what he was doing for all of that time (the guide) and he is more than welcome to rejoin forces if he wants to.

I'm up for it if he is, there are no names in the title so all that would be required is a slight edit to the OP, and that's an invitation to anyone else who might want to help out, just PM me and I'll let you know the details, standards I'm looking for and sites to find the pics..

If not well then like I said before you get a choice between two HQ packs and with my line of work I get most of the winter off and not much to do with the spare time so I'll have a few thousand too by the time winter is over.

That was the plan originally for the pair of us to upgrade the pics to a higher resolution with all of the new stadia and with more choice of high quality shots taken recently it is more than feasible but Jon went missing for 3 months so I got frustrated and started without him.

edit; In hindsight, I'm equally to blame (already apologised, but sorry again for that) because when he finally came back online I didn't even ask him where he'd been, I just told him we're slowing each other down and I was just going to get on with it. So a little bit of a breakdown in communication coupled with my hot-headedness and impatience brought the partnership to an end. I only found out recently, after the fact , what he was doing for all of that time (the guide) and he is more than welcome to rejoin forces if he wants to.

I'm up for it if he is, there are no names in the title so all that would be required is a slight edit to the OP, and that's an invitation to anyone else who might want to help out, just PM me and I'll let you know the details, standards I'm looking for and sites to find the pics..

If not well then like I said before you get a choice between two HQ packs and with my line of work I get most of the winter off and not much to do with the spare time so I'll have a few thousand too by the time winter is over.

To be fair, the fault lays squarly at my feet. I took on way too much this year (wrote a massive 287-page Guide, playing music a lot more, and have had serious issues with my MS over the last four months) and sadly, I neglected Geordie on this planned project. It was to be a great partnership, but I was not able to give it my all - and Geordie made the right choice by going on without me.

I wouldn't say that you were hot-headed at all - in fact, I would have done the same thing. As a partner, I let you down. That's all on me, mate. I kept my massive project under wraps from everyone, but I should have told you as we were working together. In hindsight, the secrecy behind our Guide cost me working together on this wonderful, massive project as an equal partner.

I would love to get back into BG's this year, but I fear that I cannot give it as much time as I would like to. But, with that being said, I would be honored to jump in wherever there is a need and give it my best work. I am always honored to work with the best, and Geordie is undoubtedly one of the best mates out there in the GFX community.

Geordie, what you thinking? Should we give this another shot together? I would understand if you chose to stay to your own path, but if you want someone along for the ride, I'd be honored. If not, as you said, people will have two packs to choose from that are both HQ. But I still think that together we can put out something that will be bigger and better than what anyone else has ever attempted.

Let me know either way, mate.

minneapolisJon

Archived