[FM12] Steklo X2

TomDixon77

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have tried the skin for the first time ever on a FM game, as i always was used to the default skin. I have couple of question.

1. Why doesnt it say football manager on the start up screen.

2. Where you choose the skins there are two other skins which are LHS and RHS ones, what are these exactly.

3. It seems the whole layout and everything has changed and feels weird compared to the default skin, anyone experience this.

I have tried the skin for the first time ever on a FM game, as i always was used to the default skin. I have couple of question.

1. Why doesnt it say football manager on the start up screen.

2. Where you choose the skins there are two other skins which are LHS and RHS ones, what are these exactly.

3. It seems the whole layout and everything has changed and feels weird compared to the default skin, anyone experience this.

1. Custom start up screen

2. LHS=Left hand side, RHS=Right hand side

3. That is the idea of new skins. It gives you more choice than the default.

How exctly does skins give u more choices than default skin, i have noticed anything new.

Omaroo, it does not give you any more choice in the game itself, just more choice of how the game looks, the layout, instead of the boring default ones that you get with the game, there are a lot of different skins available, but this looks by far the best I have seen.

A question of my own, as I apologise if it has been asked before on this forum, as if it has please direct me to the link, but I have yet to play FM2012, had a lot of work done on my house and had to do a lot of decorating 3 different rooms, so my wife would not appreciate me playing this for hours when there was so much to be done, which is fair enough as I wanted it finished myself. So only just started looking at different skins for FM 2012 and this is the skin, out of those I have seen, that I really like the best, but as I said if asked before please post the link.

Can you use this skin with stadium backgrounds, player face packs and team kits and logos, if so, any links to stadium backgrounds faces and kits that work well with this skin.

It does look so good and would just like to say very well done to Tom for the amount of work and effort he has put in to this skin, as reading through this thread, at times it seems some people are a bit harsh almost demanding that he does this and does that, hounding him when it will be ready, given that he is not getting paid to do this.

Thanks to anyone that can help me with the questions I have asked.

• 2 weeks later...

I've downloaded the skin, which is beautiful by the way (great work Tom!), however, the morale icons are rather strange, or actually hard to see. They're all simply different shades of yellow/orange.

moralecolors.jpg

I would like to have the same morale icons as in the screen shots Tom posted in his OP. Where can I get these and how do I put them into the skin?

I've downloaded the skin, which is beautiful by the way (great work Tom!), however, the morale icons are rather strange, or actually hard to see. They're all simply different shades of yellow/orange.

moralecolors.jpg

I would like to have the same morale icons as in the screen shots Tom posted in his OP. Where can I get these and how do I put them into the skin?

I'm pretty sure they're just the default ones. Delete the steklo_x2\graphics\icons\morale folder, and reload the skin

Omaroo, it does not give you any more choice in the game itself, just more choice of how the game looks, the layout, instead of the boring default ones that you get with the game, there are a lot of different skins available, but this looks by far the best I have seen.

A question of my own, as I apologise if it has been asked before on this forum, as if it has please direct me to the link, but I have yet to play FM2012, had a lot of work done on my house and had to do a lot of decorating 3 different rooms, so my wife would not appreciate me playing this for hours when there was so much to be done, which is fair enough as I wanted it finished myself. So only just started looking at different skins for FM 2012 and this is the skin, out of those I have seen, that I really like the best, but as I said if asked before please post the link.

Can you use this skin with stadium backgrounds, player face packs and team kits and logos, if so, any links to stadium backgrounds faces and kits that work well with this skin.

It does look so good and would just like to say very well done to Tom for the amount of work and effort he has put in to this skin, as reading through this thread, at times it seems some people are a bit harsh almost demanding that he does this and does that, hounding him when it will be ready, given that he is not getting paid to do this.

Thanks to anyone that can help me with the questions I have asked.

Yes to all questions. If you go to places like sortitoutsi.net, you'll find lots of different graphics add-ons.

Some examples of how beautiful this game can look with Steklo's X2 skin here..... I'm using the RHS version and have collected various facepacks, logo's, backgrounds, icons, scoreboards and kits from all over the place. Some of these graphics i've carried over from FM07 and built into FM12 and some i've downloaded recently from a number of the excellent sites out there.

untitled-1.jpg

untitled4.jpg

untitled1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Have you put the skin folders into a subfolder of your skins folder? i.e. /fm12/skins/steklo/steklo_x2, rather than /fm12/skins/steklo_x2

Done that mate, still no luck. I consider myself well versed in these things, having done them for years, and I'm 99.9% sure I've done everything properly. Still no luck on my end.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How can i get the attributes to be in the same colour as you have them>?

In the Stelko X2 settings do this.

<!-- profile attribute colours -->

<colour name="low attribute" red="255" green="255" blue="255"/>

<colour name="normal attribute" red="255" green="255" blue="255"/>

<colour name="good attribute" red="255" green="208" blue="0" />

<colour name="excellent attribute" red="255" green="80" blue="0" />

<colour name="special attribute" red="0" green="180" blue="0" />

<colour name="attribute label" red="240" green="240" blue="240" />

<colour name="special attribute label" red="240" green="240" blue="240" />

<colour name="profile extra text" red="240" green="240" blue="40" />

<colour name="low condition" red="169" green="23" blue="23" />

<colour name="mid condition" red="139" green="139" blue="139" />

<colour name="high condition" red="255" green="255" blue="255" />

Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yams - any chance you can upload your background pics, or link to where you got them from? I agree the skin looks fantastic

Hello mate, from memory they were mainly from sortitoutsi's backgrounds forum. Some are from FM07 and some more recent. I also googled some pics and used a cropping tool to get the desired size.

Yams have u modified the skin in anyway?

I've changed the player profle & staff profile screens to how I like them, changed some of the value thresholds & colours and brought in some search panels for scouting players......that's about it. Also brought in tons of graphics, absolutely loads. Mainly again from sortitoutsi. Took me ages but the game is gorgeous.

I have my whole FM12 graphics folder saved on scandisk..... Should sell it for a tenner a time, could make a killing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tom - great skin. Just wondered about something though.

I've just started using your skin on a new save with the weegie update released last night. I always watch my matches on commentary only, however the matches seem to be running really slow (I've got the match speed slider all the way up) - could it be somehting to do with the skin do you think?

Usually the first match on a new save runs slow and then all the others get to the normal speed when on full - so far I've played about 6 or 7 matches and they've all been slow and stuttering.

I've posted the same query in the Weegie thread to see if it might be anything to do with their update, just thought I'd ask in here.

Thanks.

I've just started using your skin on a new save with the weegie update released last night. I always watch my matches on commentary only, however the matches seem to be running really slow (I've got the match speed slider all the way up) - could it be somehting to do with the skin do you think?

Usually the first match on a new save runs slow and then all the others get to the normal speed when on full - so far I've played about 6 or 7 matches and they've all been slow and stuttering.

I've posted the same query in the Weegie thread to see if it might be anything to do with their update, just thought I'd ask in here.

Thanks.

Not that I'm aware of. What's it like using the standard skin?

Not that I'm aware of. What's it like using the standard skin?

I switched back last night to the Vitreous skin and the matches ran at the right speed - and I'd made sure the graphics card driver was up to date. No idea if it was the Steklo skin or not that was slowing down the matches.

Have stuck with the Vitreous skin today but am so annoyed as I wanted to use your skin as it looks so nice. Any ideas...it might not have anything to do with your skin at all...just wondered if you maybe knew some magic touch or something!

Thanks.

I had this problem with this skin.. The speed bar was all the way up on the match screen but when I went into Options > Match - The match speed was only half way. Maybe try there if you haven't already :)

I had this problem with this skin.. The speed bar was all the way up on the match screen but when I went into Options > Match - The match speed was only half way. Maybe try there if you haven't already :)

Cheers mate - I did make sure that I had the speed up in the match options section under my name - I tried to find the match speed slider during a match several times (I was using the LHS version) but couldn't find it - maybe I'm going a bit blind here!

Will try again later or something!

I've changed the player profle & staff profile screens to how I like them, changed some of the value thresholds & colours and brought in some search panels for scouting players......that's about it. Also brought in tons of graphics, absolutely loads. Mainly again from sortitoutsi. Took me ages but the game is gorgeous.

I have my whole FM12 graphics folder saved on scandisk..... Should sell it for a tenner a time, could make a killing.

What are those search panels for scouting players about? Don't think I've seen them before?

There are two types, search & squad panels. They basically list a set number of skills for certain positions. i.e. Def Mid Playmaker Support..... I find the transfer ones more useful. Screenshots attached.Got them from FM Formation fella, do a google search for FMF extended information panels.

1-2.jpg

2.jpg

There are two types, search & squad panels. They basically list a set number of skills for certain positions. i.e. Def Mid Playmaker Support..... I find the transfer ones more useful. Screenshots attached.Got them from FM Formation fella, do a google search for FMF extended information panels.

1-2.jpg

2.jpg

Fantastic, will do mate, knew I'd heard of them, just couldn't for the life of me remember then! Thanks for that!

Archived