FM12: Tromsø Idrettslag - The most northern team in the world!

Liam-Shannon

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Kara wanted to go but I refused, do you think I should keep him or just sell him if he is unhappy ?

A funny note to add is that some big tycoon is taking over Norway Adeccoligaen League team Hamarkameratene and I decided to take over them as a manager especially as he has pledged to put 35m in for players I just hope he takes over lol.

This is the first game Ive decided to talk about on here so if I annoy you guys with my multiple posts then I apoligise in advance but Im just really enjoying this save.

Right here is the first few results for my Tromso team

Won 4-0 against IK Start

Lost 1-0 to Stromsgodset

Won 3-1 against Molde FK

Drew 1-1 with Rosenborg BK

Won 6-0 against Lillestrom

Signed mostly free transfers reccomended from Heaths shortlist, cheers Heath.

After beating Stoke in the 3rd round in Euro Cup I got drawn against Borac from Bosnia & Herzg. I won 3-1 on agg. so I got through to the Group Stage. Very pleased with that success. In my group I have to play Dnipro, Salzburg & Athletic Bilbao. I think I could win Dnipro & Salzburg at home and will need a little bit of luck agains Athletic, looking forward to this!

Still unbeaten in the league after 18 games but got knocked out against Stabæk in the Norwegian Cup. My only loss of the season.

I got out of my CL group, had Real, Napoli and Benfica (again)

Benfica home won 3-2

Real away lost 3-0

Napoli away lost 2-1

Napoli home won 2-0

Benfica away won 2-1

Real home won 2-1

Topped the group and have Leverkusen in the first knockout. They are 8th in the Bundesliga so hardly doing well, hopefully they won't pick up form between now and then. Also won the title and cup, will post screenies later but i'm not on there at the minute.

Just finish my season and I am very disappointed with the end of it! Can't believe how i did not win the league.

Premier Division:

I was unbeaten until the 23rd game, where I lost to Brann (1-3) at home. 18 shots, 11 on target was not enough to score more goals, and Brann scored 3 goals out of their 4 shots on target. After my first loss it just got worse, with 5 points in my last 5 games I finished 3rd, 5 points behind Våleranga. Abdellaoue was my top goalscorer with 18 goals in 25 games. Thomas Drage managed to get 16 assists in 28 games.

Norwegian Cup

After beating Harstad, Tangmoen, Skeid & Aalesund I got knocked out against Stabæk in Qtr Final.

Euro Cup

I thought that I could manage to get to the knockout round but I did not. Olimpija, Iscra, Stoke, Borac all got knocked out easily by my team. My group included Salzburg, Athletic Bilbao & Dnipro. 2-2 agains Athletic at home in the first game and I was satisfied with that result, then I lost against Salzburg at Red Bull Arena in a game where is was the better side. 1-0. Then I got a good win agains Dnipro in Ukraine 1-2. After 3 rounds the group was very tight. 3 teams with 4 points and Dnipro at the bottom with 3. I only managed to get on point in the last 3 games so no Euro Cup glory for Tromso. 19 shots & 11 on target was not enough to score 2 goals in the last game against Salzburg which would have sent me through, 0-1 loss there.

Overall I am not happy because I had the league in my hand and also I should have secured a place in the first knockout round in Euro Cup.

I have finished some transfers for the next season and here they are:

In:

Sigurðsson, Kristján Örn (free)

Lindpere, Joel (free)

Andersen Aase, Torstein (free)

Abdellaoue, Mostafa (120k)

I let the contract on some player run out and only sold 1 player, William Frantzen for 35k.

I am not sure how much I will play for the next days as exams are hitting on me right now but as soon as they are over I will come back here.

ps. sorry if my english is bad :)

GOOD LUCK!

First of all, there are no polar bears in Tromsø :)

I've started a new game with Tromsø but chose January 2012 as my starting date and don't seem to have the same players, for instance I don't have Mostafa Abdellaoue and the other loanees. My squad has been assembled with the departure or Kara to Bursaspor for £1.7m paying for the signings of Lenny (free), Fredrik Semb Berge (£100k), Stefan Strandberg (£24k) and Erik Mjelde (£350k).

My pre-season was pretty good, 4 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss (versus PSV) and now onto the brief Tippeligaen season.

• 4 weeks later...

Unbelievable I'am thrashing through the league with 5 to 3 goals per game, sitting 2nd in the Tippeligaen with Rosenberg just a point away from snatching the title i'am in mid june got some money to spend for a GK, Fullbacks, and a few Wingers to help my team to succeed through the season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just started with Tromsø. Very exciting team!

I am lining up in a 442; with everyone ready, it looks like this:

Sahlman

Hans Norbye-Fredrik Björck-Miika Koppinen-Hans Åge Yndestad

Remi Johansen-Kara-Ruben Yttergård Jenssen-Magnus Andersen

Mostafa Abdellaoue-Sigurd Rushfeldt

Saliou Ciss, Thomas Drage, Steffen Nystrøm, Mobi Okoli have all seen alot of game time as well.

The two full backs are on Fullback-Attack, the two wingers on winger-support; Kara on ball-winning-midfielder defend; Ruben Yttergård on deep-lying playmaker support; Sigurd Rushfeldt on targetman-support (with through balls set to often) and Mostafa on advanced forward.

The results in the first 6 games has been like this:

Away v Brann: 2-1 victory; Nystrøm, Abdellaoue.

Home v Haugesund: 0-1 loss

Away v Strømgodset: 2-1 victory; Thomas Drage, Remi Johansen.

Home v Lillestrøm: 4-0 victory; Abdellaoue (2), Rushfeldt (2)

Away v Stabæk: 2-0 victory; Abdellaoue, Rushfeldt

Home v Molde: 4-0 victory; Abdellaoue, own goal, Magnus Andersen, Dan Roger Roland.

This has seen me grab the number 1 spot in the league.

As we have gained full knowledge of my standard 442, the focus has gone to working on a counter-attacking 4411.

Magnus Andersen has been the biggest positive surprise; he has in 6 games made 4 assists, scored 1 goal and averaged 7.42.

Though there were great interest in some of my players, Kara in particular, i managed to keep everyone i wanted to keep. All i did was to send Thomas Holm back to Molde, and sign Mobi Okoli 16K Euro.

Now in September, things have been fantastic!

28im1rd.jpg

As you can see, the league is pretty much sealed for me. We haven't lost a game in 14 matches.

In the cup, we are in the semifinal (against Hødd), while in the EURO cup, we got to the 4th round of qualifying, before being eliminated by Stade Rennais FC after two tight games.

These are our transfers (in Euro):

In

Mobi Okoli, 16K, Sandnes Ulf

Mostafa Abdellaoue, 95K, Vålerenga

Fegor Ogude, 140K, Vålerenga

Out

Ruben Yttergård Jenssen, 3.1Mio, FC Twente

Lars Henrik Andreassen, Free

Kara, 3.2Mio, Stade Rennais FC

This is our preffered line-up right now

Marcus Sahlman

Hans Norbye-Fredrik Björck-Miika Koppinen-Saliou Ciss

Magnus Andersen-Mobi Okoli-Remi Johansen-Hans Åge Yndestad

Mostafa Abdellaoue-Sigurd Rushfeldt

Our standout perfomers have been:

Mostafa Abdellaoue (28 games, 25 goals, league topscorer)

Remi Johansen (29 games, 13 assists, 7.39 average)

Sigurd Rushfeldt (27 games, 16 goals, 5 assists, 7.38 average)

Magnus Andersen (27 games, 11 assists, 7.36 average)

And many more..

How come Thomas Drage ain't in your team??? He is one of the better players....
He sure is, and does play most games; however - he doesn't really have a set position in my 442; my alternative formation is 4411, in which he is the attacking midfielder. In general though, he has played almost all games - i usually make space for him. He does however, have a big negative in his defensive ability, which has often made me hesitate to use him on the sides in a 442. He is at his very best when fielded behind a striker who can take attention by a) Running deep and stretching the active playing area (as Abdellaoue has proved brilliant at doing) or b) when fielded behind a striker who can occupy two defenders, which will often see him running past the frontman, thus becoming a deep threat in his own right (as such, him playing behind Rushfeldt has also been a great success). His role can, especially when played with Rushfeldt, resemble that of a central winger; running to the sides and whipping in crosses/linking up with our wingers.

after seeing this thread i decided to start with Tromso.

here are my transfers:

tromstransfershistory.png

i just finished my friendly matches and we did very good using a 4-1-2-1-2 control tactic or a 4-3-3 attack

tromsidrettslagmatchesm.png

i'll update later when i'll play few games in the league

a quick update after 19 league games and before EL group matches

The League

My squad stats

My first tactic

My second tactic

i do have a third tactic but i rarely use it. i receive too many yellow cards with my second tactic so i might change the tackling

tromsidrettslagmatchesm.png

How could you let Vegard Nicolaisen go, he is one of the most promising youth players in Tromsø....

i didn't notice him untill Rosenborg poached him and it was too late then

Vi hata Tromsø - Å Å

Vi hata Tromsø – Å Å

Vi hata Tromsø – Å Å ÅÅÅ

Og Tromsø hata oss…

Just a short song from Bodø/Glimt's supporter club website, since you didn't mention any rivals. For those of you who don't understand Norwegian, the song basically says that the clubs hate each other :p

Anyone able to explain how Kara's PA in my games has changed to -8? I haven't used the editor at all, and there hasn't been a patch update. Genuinely confused. Has this happened to anyone else?

he has a PA of -8 in the database so in every game he should have a random PA between 130 an 160 but he can't have a -8 PA in the game

Just won my 5th consecutive title and the board have unveiled plans to build a new stadium due for 2018.

Only problem i'm facing is attracting real quality players to give me a chance of reaching the latter stages of the champions league.

• 1 month later...

Midway through the first season on my Tromso save. 12 points clear at the top of the League! In the semis of the Cup as well, have to play Rosenborg (who've just hired Sven Goran Eriksson). In the Group Stages of the Europa League, but have a tough group with Celtic, PSV and Dnipro, so I don't expect to go through. I somehow beat Schalke in the Fourth Qualifying Round though. 5-0 at the Veltins Arena: http://s1051.photobucket.com/albums/s432/crowster1892/?action=view&current=SchalkevTromsInformation_Overview.png

Thomas Drage has been immense, my best player at only 19!

Just won my 7th consecutive title and the europa league. conceded 2 goals in 30 league games and my top scorer scored 78 in all competitions at the age of 21.

318 games in charge - 234 wins, 45 draws and 39 losses (most of them in europe in the early years)

In my 8th season and i've won 16 out of 16 league games. Maybe I can win all 30?

If i can win 10 leagues in a row I might then move on and try and win every other major league in Europe and manage England before I retire in 2050.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Glad I found this thread. Decided to start one more save before FM13 within a league i've no experience with just before I found this thread. Started with Viking FK.

I loaded up FM12 with all leagues etc like normal then set about deciding where to start. The start date was June 2011 so the Norwegian League was already 12 games (ish) old and Viking were 2nd bottom and without a manager. Took over them and now ive transformed them without a budget so to speak and were sitting 2nd in the league.

Enjoying it as I have no experience of Viking or the league itself. Looked the place up on google and looks nice though ;) lol

Rosenborg are struggling on my save but there boards just been taken over and appointed Sven Goran Erikson as there manager so maybe theyll rise from there lower table placing.

Signed my usual FM12 gem Ahmed Soukouna on a free transfer. Always does well when I take over a lower rep club. Also picked up a good South African youngster in Lucky Baloyi who can play right back as well as a whole host of other positions. Signed Wome at left back on a deal until the end of the season as the full back positions are where we were weakest and Wome (as long as he stays injury free) provides the experience and quality I need until the end of the season atleast.

Nevland despite his age is scoring like a beast for me and my strong, CB & CM pairings have formed a strong spine through the team.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived