[FM12] Malta League System + All Cups

After some asking i decided to do this league.

The official DB doesn't have all clubs/competitions so some info must be added.

This Update Includes:

• Maltese Premier Division - 12 club league, 2 relegation. Won't include the 2nd leg on the champions/relegation playoff (the editor doesn't support it)

• Maltese First Division - 12 club league, 2 promotion 2 relegation.

• Maltese Second Division - 14 club league, 2 promotion 2 relegation.

• Maltese Third Division - 14 club league, 2 promotion 2 relegation.

• Maltese Cup - Possible format since there's alot of clubs missing in the DB.

• Maltese Super Cup - Normal Super Cup.

• Youth League - 4 Divisions with promotions/relegations(A 10 clubs, B 10 clubs, C 10 clubs and D 16 clubs)

• Youth Cups - 2 Knock-Out cups

Latest version: (V2)

Changes:

• New Media added

• Awards added

• History on D2, D3 added

• Youth A, B, C and D history added

• Youth Knock-Out competitions added

• Competition Names updated

• Small fixes on the leagues

• Some stadiums added

• Some other fixes and adds i forgot

Download

Older Versions:

V1:

Download (MegaUpload)

Download (FileServe)

Download (HotFile)

The new version adds a lot of content. Please report any possible bugs you find.

That's how it is in real life.

As of now all 4 divisions are implemented.

I have no information on the lower divisions in Malta, if anyone knows more detail please post it.

Can anyone confirm that the Youth system is a 4 division system? (Section A to D)

And what are the Knock-Out A and B? Normal youth cups? (like fa cup?)

Information for Maltese league is as follows:

All Maltese teams are divided into 4 divisions, namely:

BOV Premier League - 12 teams face each other twice in a round robin format until the end of February, where then teams are split into Championship Pool (first 6 teams) and Relegation Pool (last 6 teams) where in this second phase teams once again face each other twice in a round robin format. Bottom two teams are relegated.

Teams in Premier League are:

Valletta

Hibernians

Floriana

Birkirkara

Sliema Wanderers

Qormi FC

Hamrun Spartans

Tarxien Rainbows

Marsaxlokk

Mqabba FC

Balzan Youths

Mosta FC

Clubs can sign unlimited players from the EU and up to four outside EU. However the 7 + 4 rule will be followed (7 local players and 4 foreigners in the pitch)

Stadiums used in this Division are:

Ta' Qali

Hibernians Ground

Victor Tedesco Stadium Hamrun

Valletta are the only team on verge of become Professional in a couple of years time. They are the wealthiest team with most of their local players being professionals.

Prize money here can vary from 500,000 Euro to winners to 50,000 to last place.

BOV First Division - 12 teams face each other twice in a round robin format. Top two teams are promoted. Last two teams are relegated.

Teams in First Division are:

Pieta Hotspurs

Rabat Ajax

Zejtun Corinthians

Birzebbuga St. Peters

Melita

Vittoriosa Stars

St. Andrews

Dingli Swallows

Lija Athletics

St.Georges

Naxxar Lions

St.Patricks

Clubs can sign unlimited players from the EU and up to three outside EU. However the 8 + 3 rule will be followed (8 local players and 3 foreigners in the pitch)

Stadiums used in this division are:

Victor Tedesco Stadium Hamrun

Luxol Stadium

Prize money here can vary from 200,000 Euro to winners to 10,000 to last place.

BOV Second Division - 14 teams face each other twice in a round robin format. Top two teams are promoted. Bottom three teams are relegated.

Teams in Second Division are:

Gzira United

Gudja United

Kirkop United

Gharghur

Mellieha

Luqa St.Andrews

Siggiewi

Msida St.Joseph

St.Venera Lightnings

San Gwann

Attard

Zebbug Rangers

Zurrieq

Senglea Athletics

Clubs can sign unlimited players from the EU and up to three outside EU. However the 8 + 3 rule will be followed (8 local players and 3 foreigners in the pitch)

Centenary Stadium

Luxol Stadium

Charles Abela Stadium Mosta

Sirens Ground

Prize money here can vary from 100,000 Euro to winners to 10,000 to last place.

BOV Third Division - 14 teams face each other twice in a round robin format. Top three teams are promoted.

Teams in Third Division are:

Pembroke Athleta

Ghaxaq

Mdina Knights

Santa Lucia

Qrendi

Fgura United

Swieqi United

Marsaskala

Mgarr United

Sirens

Xghajra Tornadoes

Mtarfa

Marsa

Kalkara

Centenary Stadium

Luxol Stadium

Charles Abela Stadium Mosta

Sirens Ground

Rabat Ajax Ground

Prize money here can vary from 50,000 Euro to winners to 5,000 to last place.

and 2 cups

U*BET FA Trophy (K/O competition between all Malta and Gozo teams)

BOV Super Cup (between the winner of the Premier League and FA Trophy)

EURO Cup (summer competition between the teams qualified for European competitions)

Then there are the Gozitan leagues, which are sort of regional leagues with relegation and promotions within. However teams taking part in the Gozitan league will play in the U*BET FA Trophy mentioned above.

These are the following leagues/cups in Gozo:

Melita First Division - 7 teams face each other three times in a round robin format. Bottom team is relegated, whilst 6th placed team face the team placed 2nd in the Second Division in a Promotion/Relegation Playoff

Teams in First Division are:

Xewkija Tigers

Nadur Youngsters

SK Victoria Wanderers

Xaghra United

Sannat Lions

Ghajnsielem FC

Victoria Hotspurs

Clubs can sign 1 foreign players with the 10 +1 rule being followed (10 local players and 1 foreigner in the pitch)

Stadium used in this Division is:

Gozo Stadium

Clubs in this league cannot obtain promotion to Maltese leagues and no European spots are allocated.

Prize money here can vary from 10,000 Euro to winners to 1,000 to last place.

Sportika Second Division - 7 teams face each other three times in a round robin format. Top team is promoted, whilst 2nd placed team face the team placed 6th in the First Division in a Promotion/Relegation Playoff

Teams in Second Division are:

Kercem Ajax

Oratory Youths

St.Lawrence Spurs

Zebbug Rovers

Qala St.Joseph

Gharb Rangers

Munxar Falcons

Clubs can't sign foreign players

Stadium used in this Division is:

Sannat Ground

Prize money here can vary from 8,000 Euro to winners to 1,000 to last place.

and 4 cups

GFA Cup (K/O competition between all Gozo teams)

Independence Cup (summer competition between First Division clubs with final being played on 21st September)

2nd Division KO (summer competition between Second Division Clubs with final being played on 21st September)

Super Cup (played between winners of First Division and GFA Cup

Second Division Super Cup (played between winners of Second Division and 2nd Division KO winners

As for awards, the following are given:

Best Overall Player, Best Local Players, Best Foreign Player, Best Coach, Best Goalkeeper, Best Defender, Best Midfielder, Best Forward, Best First Division Player, Best Second Division Player, Best Third Division Player, Best GFA Melita First Division Player, Young Star Player Award [best U21 award]

As for media used, there can be the following:

www.maltafootball.com, www.gfa.com.mt, Replay, KontrAttakk, L-Argument, www.sportinmalta.com
Youth leagues are divided in 4 sections with Pieta' Hotspurs, Hibernians, Valletta, Birkirkara, Sliema Wanderers, Hamrun Spartans having the best youth system on the island

This might help. Teams are listed according to current standings, hence showing how good they are.

Thanks for the info. Most of this info already been added in V2.

There are a few questions i have:

1º Stadiums - As you can imagine i can only set one stadium per club. But in this case the stadium changes randomly between 2 or 3 stadiums. What you suggest me to do?

2º Prizes - Missing TV rights prize and the most accurate possible distribution for the prizes in each division. BTW, does the FA Cup/Super Cup have any prize too?

PS: Next version won't have the Gozo leagues.

Question 1:

Set three or four clubs per stadium. For example Valleta, Sliema, Birkirkara and Floriana play at Ta Qali, Hibernians, Mqabba, Marsaxlokk and Tarxien at Hibs Stadium, Hamrun, Mosta, Balzan, Qormi at Hamrun Stadium.

Question 2:

TV rights are mininmal...say 30.000 euro per club in the Premier League each season. Other divisions have no TV rights.

Question 3:

Minimal prize for both competitions...say 20.000 euro per trophy

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there a max. of 4 foreign players in the starting XI rule in RL? It's a big setback when playing in 2020+.

On the other hand, the league system is extremely realistic and in my save, there wasn't any problems (crash dumps), I'm currently in 2039. Unfortunately, that rule is annoying and the only bad thing in this great database update!

That is indeed the case irl. While it is a drawback from a gaming point of view, it is extremely important restriction which aids the national team (or at least is supposed to, anyway). Irl, Valletta have 10 foreigners on the book and could, conceivably, have 4 on the pitch and 6 on the bench. If the rule were not in place, the Maltese nationals would almost certainly be forced out. On the other hand, there are no restrictions in European competitions and you could easily field an all-foreigner XI.

For my custom nation database which is at a similar level I have gone with a max 9 foreigner rule. I actually found 4-6 to be optimal but due to my nation spinning out of england I found that such a low number caused issues as lots of clubs had 15 or so english players that were now classed as foreign.

I would agree 4 is a good place to start, the best way is to test it. If 4 doesnt go the way you want then try 5, 6 etc. Just keep an eye on reputation, continental performace, team developement and finances.

I have written a small tutorial for database testing which is in the FAQ section.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

BurnCM4X, I want to thank you for making this file. I played until 2048 and ultimately won the Champions League with Marsaskala. It is definitely my most favorite game on FM ever and it's all thanks to you. Big thanks mate!

Not a single crash dump has occured, everything went well, at least everything you could change. SI's dynamic reputation is not working perfectly as my team is still National after being several times in CL or EL quarter/semi/finals. One thing you forgot however is to add ALL youth teams in divisions and I had the misfortune to choose one of 4/5 teams whose youth team doesn't play in a youth division. Other than that, PERFECT.

Thanks. :)

1_tmb_55885454_Game_%20_Untitled%20Game_%20%28Add%20New%20Manager%29.jpg

1_tmb_55885454_Valletta%20FC%20%28Fixtures_%20Fixtures%29.png

If i'm not mistaken the draws only happen at the 20th of June so no clubs have euro fixtures yet.

BurnCM4X, I want to thank you for making this file. I played until 2048 and ultimately won the Champions League with Marsaskala. It is definitely my most favorite game on FM ever and it's all thanks to you. Big thanks mate!

Not a single crash dump has occured, everything went well, at least everything you could change. SI's dynamic reputation is not working perfectly as my team is still National after being several times in CL or EL quarter/semi/finals. One thing you forgot however is to add ALL youth teams in divisions and I had the misfortune to choose one of 4/5 teams whose youth team doesn't play in a youth division. Other than that, PERFECT.

Thanks. :)

Your welcome. ;)

Good to see people enjoying this updates.

And i think that money prize for winning Premier Division should be higher than winning First Division, IRC first division gives over 100.000 euro and Premier less than 100.000. Or its how it have to be?

There's no prize money set in the First Division. (Only in Premier Division)

The reason why the prize money is so low is because i prefer that, with the evolution of the league in League Ranking, the prizes don't go to astronomic values. This way they will be realistic when the league ranking goes up. I may tune up this if i get feedback from ppl playing the league and posting there league position in Dynamic League Ranking and the values they are receiving form the prizes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
In Malta 4 teams play Europe competitions and not 3!!!U ruined my game with that mistake!And where are Gozo leagues?

All Euro qualification spots are SI responsibility.

Gozo Leagues were not included in the FM2012 version. If everything goes right they will be included in the upcoming Fm 2013 version.

Look u left dead man as president of Mosta FC!Its sick man,u need to replace it with curent president!And where is Maltese reserve league?

I am not from Malta so the update i'm doing is with the objective of having a decently correct league to play. (clubs/league only) If you have any problem with their players/stuff you should again redirect your problems to SI as i am not updating (nor will I) any stuff/players in game. My work is clubs/leagues only.

I am not from Malta so the update i'm doing is with the objective of having a decently correct league to play. (clubs/league only) If you have any problem with their players/stuff you should again redirect your problems to SI as i am not updating (nor will I) any stuff/players in game. My work is clubs/leagues only.

Ok bro no problem,i wanted to play this competition but database is so old,at least 3 years ago...gonna try some new challenge

• 6 months later...
After some asking i decided to do this league.

The official DB doesn't have all clubs/competitions so some info must be added.

This Update Includes:

• Maltese Premier Division - 12 club league, 2 relegation. Won't include the 2nd leg on the champions/relegation playoff (the editor doesn't support it)

• Maltese First Division - 12 club league, 2 promotion 2 relegation.

• Maltese Second Division - 14 club league, 2 promotion 2 relegation.

• Maltese Third Division - 14 club league, 2 promotion 2 relegation.

• Maltese Cup - Possible format since there's alot of clubs missing in the DB.

• Maltese Super Cup - Normal Super Cup.

• Youth League - 4 Divisions with promotions/relegations(A 10 clubs, B 10 clubs, C 10 clubs and D 16 clubs)

• Youth Cups - 2 Knock-Out cups

Latest version: (V2)

Download

The new version adds a lot of content. Please report any possible bugs you find.

Download links aren't available...

Archived