Board Tight-Fisted But Not When Buying Players!

I guess I'll have to live with the financial hit. My main reason for buying FM12 was to take my beloved Arsenal from their current crisis back to the top, but preserve their financially responsible model of developing young talent. So much for not overspending on players, but as an Arsenal fan I just had to get Eden Hazard. It's a little surprising that Mario Gotze seems to be a much better player than Hazard in FM12 -- I don't really think that's the case in real life. Gotze's mentals are off the charts for a 19-year old. Maybe my money would have been better spent there.

Too bad FM doesn't have some kind of 'most desired players' list for a team's fan base...in real life this signing would fire up the Gunners faithful like crazy.

With proper mentoring, hopefully I can get his determination rating up quite a bit. 10 won't cut it. I would almost venture to say, though, that FM12 is underrating Hazard. Flair only 15?? Have they seen the YouTube video? He's an amazing talent, whether he's a hard worker or not.

he is an amazing talent... its not the talent (technicals) that are his issue ... you mentioned it yourself.. his mental abilities are lacking.... determination, work rate, teamwork etc... quite accurately reflects that in the game i feel.... but despite these downfalls.. he's still one of the best players in the game .... look at those stats... technique, dribbling, first touch.. they are all world class

With proper mentoring, hopefully I can get his determination rating up quite a bit. 10 won't cut it. I would almost venture to say, though, that FM12 is underrating Hazard. Flair only 15?? Have they seen the YouTube video? He's an amazing talent, whether he's a hard worker or not.

The person rating him has seen a hell of a lot more than just youtube videos of his best bits.

I saw a YouTube video when arsenal signed fabianski, made him look like the best keeper in the world, you can't rely on videos ;)

Archived