San Marino - The Ultimate Challenge!

Makoto Nakamura

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope that the other teams in your league will imrpove as your league's reputation increases. Otherwise your seasons will be so boring that you'l want to stick needles in your eyes instead of looking at the screen, waiting for the season to end with 10 goals per game

San Giovanni's Maiden European Voyage Part II: The Home Leg

NywTN.png

I've gone to a more defensive formation and decided to let that Ass Man choose the team....BAD IDEA....we now play with a weakened team, without any of the Youth Prospects and are playing with a couple of players that are even rated 1/2* for us!

1st Half:

12:52 - Taner Alici has the first true chance but misses a penalty! Still 0-0

19:42 - Ersin Dogan curls a long range free kick into the box, Zokora runs past the defender and gets his head to it. 1-0 Trabzonspor

26:20 - Ersin Dogan takes the corner Zokora gets there again and taps it past the keeper, 2-0 Trabzonspor

2nd Half:

81:37 - Yasin Colak smoothly slots it past the keeper, 3-0 Trabzonspor

0KL0D.png

crB3e.png

I don't actually know what this means but lat time the coaching was increased we got better Youth Candidates that year so I'm hoping it will be the same again, also in the Champions League Murata got through the the 2nd Qualifying round on penalties after drawing 0-0 with TNS, they lost to Zestaponi but I'm hoping that it might improve the reputation a tiny bit.

s8HTy.png

The more I read this, the more I want to do something similar!! But... perhaps not San Marino, as I do not want to rain on your parade. Any suggestions? An Island at similar level? I am not suggesting acheiving the goals you have set, but just to try something similar would be quite fun...

The more I read this, the more I want to do something similar!! But... perhaps not San Marino, as I do not want to rain on your parade. Any suggestions? An Island at similar level? I am not suggesting acheiving the goals you have set, but just to try something similar would be quite fun...

I would say the countries that are at this level you could try Andorra or the Faroe Islands, both of those countries have multiple divisions to play in aswell, good luck if you do give it a try, you'll need a lot of patience ;)

I'll probably do Faroe Islands, at least give it a shot. I loved the fact that actual butchers and repairmen play in their national team as a secondary job lol

so Makoto, how many seasons do you think your career will take? Can it be under 100 years?

Yes, I am hoping you do not give up so I can follow it. I will weigh up a country this afternoon...

Alternatively if you wanted a different continent you could try it with the Maldives in Asia, they're the lowest reputation team that can get into the Asian Champions League or go to American Samoa for the O-League

I'll probably do Faroe Islands, at least give it a shot. I loved the fact that actual butchers and repairmen play in their national team as a secondary job lol

so Makoto, how many seasons do you think your career will take? Can it be under 100 years?

Goodluck :thup: and I honestly have no idea, this is the first time I've tried anything like this, I couldn't see myself doing it in under 50, I'm aiming for 100-150 which is a pretty broad amount of seasons.

Cool, one last question though. Do you watch games in 2d or 3d? I don't think I can watch them in 2d anymore but if I watch them in 3d, seasons take too damn long and 100 seasons means about 400 days for me, with 5 hours a day gameplay. That's just crazy :D

Societa Sportiva San Giovanni

SS_San_Giovanni_logo.png

Campionato Sammarinese

League Table - League Position Graph

League Fixtures

This season for whatever reason was a lot harder, we hit bottom, but I decided to change tactics a bit to try and get some results near the end of the season, I got big wins and big losses but managed to finish in 4th.

Coppa Titano

Group A Table - Coppa Titano Fixtures

We managed to get through the Group Stages but lost out in the Quarter Finals.

EURO Cup

2nd Qualifying Round

We were woeful away losing 9-0, we managed to do better in the 2nd leg but we still lost 12-0 on agg. It wasn't as bad knowing that Trabzonspor ended up reaching the Group stages and finished 3rd in their group.

Squad

The usual of releasing a load of players, we now have some of our Youth in the First team and being called up for International Duty.

Key Players:

Top Goalscorers:

Alfonso Carnio - Fabio La Mura (YP4) - 7

Highest Average Rating:

Fabio La Mura (YP4) - 7.13

Youth Prospects:

Andrea Pedretti (YP1) - Not looking too good, 2 appearances this season

Raoul Belmonte (YP2) - Still growing especially in the Sammarinese U21 team with Youth apps and an international goal.

Fabio La Mura (YP4) - Scored 5 in 3 in the league should get more next year. 4 Youth Appearances

Simone Santunione (YP5) - 3 appearances in the league with an average of 7.23 and a Youth international appearance.

Valerio Borrello (YP6) - Don't know about this guy yet, I'll give him a couple of years.

Allessandro Rossini (YP7) - I'm excited about this guy because he's a Goalkeeper, our Goalkeepers are woeful at the best of times and Allessandro is already better than both of those.

Season            Campionato Sammarinese              Coppa Titano                EURO Cup           Champions Cup         Average Attendance    Club Worth (£)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12                   6th                          3rd Grp C                     -                    -                       193              £26,000
2012/13                1st Grp A                      Semi-Finals                    -                    -                       243              £80,000
2013/14                1st Grp B                       3rd Grp B                     -                    -                       236              £95,000
2014/15                4th Grp B                     Quarter Finals           2nd Qual. Round             -                       200              £150,000

Have you the option to request becoming professional? would be a shame to have all your players nicked for nothing. Also why do you have a scout? :p

I've tried, apparently we can't afford to turn Professional yet, and my Scout is an ex-player that I wanted to stay at the club.

Get Andrea to work on those finishing and composure! Train him up, he'll then be a world beater.

I've started training him on his finishing and also some news; I could lose San Giovanni's "Never won silverware" tag, for the first time, I'm in the Coppa Titano Final!

Societa Sportiva San Giovanni

SS_San_Giovanni_logo.png

Campionato Sammarinese

League Table - League Position Graph

League Fixture

We started off terribly! we couldn't win, I've changed tactics to a 4-6-0 / 4-2-4 and things have worked from their.

Coppa Titano

Group C Table - Coppa Titano Fixtures

Coppa Titano Final

Again we started terribly but as the competition went on we got better and got to the final where a former Youth Player scored against us..

Key Players:

Top Goalscorer & Highest Average Rating:

Alessandro Mattiello - Scored 9 - 7.08 Rating

Youth Prospects:

Andrea Pedretti (YP1) - Not very good really, not having an impact.

Raoul Belmonte (YP2) - Made his international debut, now has 3 caps and looks to cement a place in the International Team

Valerio Borrello (YP6) - He's done better than I thought he would, scoring 7 goals and getting 8 assists

Allessandro Rossini (YP7) - Was thrown right in at the deep end, became first team Goalkeeper and made 33 appearances

Claudio Persico (YP8) - Pretty good Attacking midfielder, will give him game time next season

Andrea Ferrari (YP9) - I'm looking forward to him, the finishing training is working already, if only very slightly.

Season            Campionato Sammarinese              Coppa Titano                EURO Cup           Champions Cup         Average Attendance    Club Worth (£)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12                   6th                          3rd Grp C                     -                    -                       193              £26,000
2012/13                1st Grp A                      Semi-Finals                    -                    -                       243              £80,000
2013/14                1st Grp B                       3rd Grp B                     -                    -                       236              £95,000
2014/15                4th Grp B                     Quarter Finals           2nd Qual. Round             -                       200              £150,000
2015/16                3rd Grp A                       Winners                       -                    -                       180              £190,000

Archived