San Marino - The Ultimate Challenge!

Makoto Nakamura

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His reports seem impressive but his stats seem odd, speed for CM isn't the main priority (IMO) and you don't play an AMC but looking at his stats, crossing 10, you could train him to be a winger? They learn pretty fast! :) that way you will utilize his pace!

Edit: Damn you MattSpurs94! I was typing mine as you typed yours!

His reports seem impressive but his stats seem odd, speed for CM isn't the main priority (IMO) and you don't play an AMC but looking at his stats, crossing 10, you could train him to be a winger? They learn pretty fast! :) that way you will utilize his pace!

Edit: Damn you MattSpurs94! I was typing mine as you typed yours!

:)

(10101010)

San Giovanni - Campionato Sammarinese - 2024/25

League Table

League Position Graph

So close to an unbeaten season, shows how good we are now compared to other Sammarinese teams.

Coppa Titano - Couldn't get unbeaten in this either, but atleast we beat Faetano 8 - 1.

European Champions Cup - Again drawn against a much bigger team but we came so close to beating then, we lost 4-3 on agg.

Squad - Our squads getting better and more experienced now but the average age is still only 20!

Finances - Very almost £4,000,000 in the bank, and £3,200,000 is going into upgrading the Youth Facilities.

Youth Players:

Raoul Belmonte (YP2) - 35 appearances this year, 5 years older than the next oldest player on the team, also 69 caps, joint highest in San Marino records with Damiano Vannucci.

Remo Aielli (YP12) - 30 goals and 16 assists even though a couple of his attributes dropped at the end, amazing season.

Angelo Perra (YP13) - 16 goals and 16 assists, another great season, and he's somehow worth £170,000?!?

Fabio Bernardini (YP14) - GREAT! he's been fully capped for San Marino! also managed to score 12 goals this season.

Antonio Stanzione (YP15) - 15 goals and 15 assists, pretty solid if you ask me.

Antonello Carraro (YP16) - Will definetly get more opportunities next season, look at his stats!

Antonio Costanzo (YP17) - Left him in the U18's to see if he would improve, and well, he has.

Michele Centofanti (YP18) - Not so sure about this one, being re-trained as a winger but he is lightning fast.

Season            Campionato Sammarinese              Coppa Titano                EURO Cup           Champions Cup         Average Attendance    Club Worth (£)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12                   6th                          3rd Grp C                     -                    -                       193              £26,000
2012/13                1st Grp A                      Semi-Finals                    -                    -                       243              £80,000
2013/14                1st Grp B                       3rd Grp B                     -                    -                       236              £95,000
2014/15                4th Grp B                     Quarter Finals           2nd Qual. Round             -                       200              £150,000
2015/16                3rd Grp A                        Winners                      -                    -                       180              £190,000
2016/17                2nd Grp B                        Winners                      -              1st Qual. Round               256              £400,000
2017/18                2nd Grp B                     Quarter Finals                  -              2nd Qual. Round               263              £575,000
2018/19                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               293              £350,000
2019/20                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               326              £575,000
2020/21                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               333              £350,000
2021/22                1st Grp A                        Winners                  4th Group C        Champions Playoff             651              £1,500,000
2022/23                1st Grp A                        Winners               4th Qual. Round       3rd Qual. Round               600              £1,600,000
2023/24                1st Grp B                        Winners                      -              2nd Qual. Round               566              £2,100,000
2024/25                1st Grp A                        Winners                      -              2nd Qual. Round               606              £1,100,000

I know it's 2026 and you've made lots of progress, but there's no way should you be getting kids like that in San Marino. That player could play at a professional level and he's 15.

More then 10 years of investment in youth should result in players like this one.

Isn't that a bit racist noikeee? I for one, believe that talent can be found everywhere, but the reason we don't get good players from San Marino is because they don't train them well enough etc.

Turkey used to be a footballing country like San Marino, always conceding 5 or more goals, celebrating draws.. But today, we are a respected footballing nation with a number of quality players, shared with Germany of course. But the main reason behind that is Jupp Derwall's work on youth system and training system/facilities in Turkey. After his reign et Galatasaray, Turkish football rised really fast so a visionary manager, with the help of supportive directors, can do amazing stuff in the smallest footballing countries, only to make them bigger and better

Isn't that a bit racist noikeee? I for one, believe that talent can be found everywhere, but the reason we don't get good players from San Marino is because they don't train them well enough etc.

Turkey used to be a footballing country like San Marino, always conceding 5 or more goals, celebrating draws.. But today, we are a respected footballing nation with a number of quality players, shared with Germany of course. But the main reason behind that is Jupp Derwall's work on youth system and training system/facilities in Turkey. After his reign et Galatasaray, Turkish football rised really fast so a visionary manager, with the help of supportive directors, can do amazing stuff in the smallest footballing countries, only to make them bigger and better

This is very true - and even though San Marino is a tiny country, you could compare this with New Zealand in rugby - if it's all kids play (and that would be the case if they started to see their legendary players making it into europe etc), then you'll get good players - and with good investment, comes the chance to make them better! They might also be dragged in from italy, who knows!

I know it's 2026 and you've made lots of progress, but there's no way should you be getting kids like that in San Marino. That player could play at a professional level and he's 15.

It seems the "junior coaching" thing is working too well,players come through with "starting attributes" way up.Will be interesting to see if they develop alot...

No. Be careful with that word.

At worst it's xenophobic, and really it's not that either. He's not saying they ought to be rubbish because they're San Marinese.

It's realism. San Marino is a tiny province, no bigger than a city. You just wouldn't see the same response as in Turkey to the improved infrastructure and coaching, because there's not enough of a population for classy footballers to come through year on year. Maybe once, twice or thrice in a generation but no more. Regardless of funding.

This is very true - and even though San Marino is a tiny country, you could compare this with New Zealand in rugby - if it's all kids play (and that would be the case if they started to see their legendary players making it into europe etc), then you'll get good players - and with good investment, comes the chance to make them better! They might also be dragged in from italy, who knows!

Not really. 30,000 vs 4.3million.

Racist. :D

Turkey has 70 million people. San Marino has 30 thousand. That's 0,004% of the turkish population. Even if every single person in San Marino plays football and they are given world class training and facilities to do so, it's extremely unlikely they'd ever be able to produce a full team of top players. A freak player can show up from anywhere indeed - I live in an island with a population of 250 thousand and we have produced one of the world's current top 3 players (Cristiano Ronaldo). But the chances of it happening in such a small population sample are tiny. To produce consistent top talent over the years in an area like San Marino is pretty much impossible.

Of course it's not all about the sheer weight of numbers otherwise China would be the best side in every single sport, but the potential should be there if worked right. Indeed, that is what has happened in Turkey over the years - you do realize Turkey's hardly a tiny country as it has more population than most of the countries that have gone to win World Cups?

I'm not trying to reduce Makoto's achievements which have been class, he obviously tries to do his best as every player does, and it has resulted in an highly entertaining thread. I'm just saying that the players produced are unrealistic, something's messed up somewhere, be it FM's current model of simulating generated youngsters or the league add-on he's using.

It seems the "junior coaching" thing is working too well,players come through with "starting attributes" way up.Will be interesting to see if they develop alot...

It seems to work as expected - the excellent junion coaching is obviously what you'd expect from high prem teams - and the effort and finances have gone in to do that - however perhaps FM should introduce a feature by which the excellence of the facilities is proportionate to the standard of competition - i.e. if you compete in a 2 * competition, your facilities might be excellent, but they might just be average in a 4* competition.

Racist. :D

Turkey has 70 million people. San Marino has 30 thousand. That's 0,004% of the turkish population. Even if every single person in San Marino plays football and they are given world class training and facilities to do so, it's extremely unlikely they'd ever be able to produce a full team of top players. A freak player can show up from anywhere indeed - I live in an island with a population of 250 thousand and we have produced one of the world's current top 3 players (Cristiano Ronaldo). But the chances of it happening in such a small population sample are tiny. To produce consistent top talent over the years in an area like San Marino is pretty much impossible.

Of course it's not all about the sheer weight of numbers otherwise China would be the best side in every single sport, but the potential should be there if worked right. Indeed, that is what has happened in Turkey over the years - you do realize Turkey's hardly a tiny country as it has more population than most of the countries that have gone to win World Cups?

I'm not trying to reduce Makoto's achievements which have been class, he obviously tries to do his best as every player does, and it has resulted in an highly entertaining thread. I'm just saying that the players produced are unrealistic, something's messed up somewhere, be it FM's current model of simulating generated youngsters or the league add-on he's using.

But at the end of the day, FM is only a game. I don't think managing in San Marino would be fun if all the players had 1s in every attribute. Makoto isn't getting World Class players in every bloody intake, just players enough to slowly improve in Europe.

FM deviates from reality and isn't realistic the second you press 'continue'. Just have fun and enjoy the progress made in this thread mate.

It seems to work as expected - the excellent junion coaching is obviously what you'd expect from high prem teams - and the effort and finances have gone in to do that - however perhaps FM should introduce a feature by which the excellence of the facilities is proportionate to the standard of competition - i.e. if you compete in a 2 * competition, your facilities might be excellent, but they might just be average in a 4* competition.

Nope, that wouldn't work either as the conveyor belt of talent Crewe produce wouldn't happen with your scenario.

Nope, that wouldn't work either as the conveyor belt of talent Crewe produce wouldn't happen with your scenario.

Well then perhaps it could be based on the nation, not the competition? Or it could even take population into consideration as well.

On a separate note, I think we need to concentrate back on the story here - there's plenty of forums for discussions about this.

Archived