Knap FM12 Tactics

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always use them the right way round unless due to an injury eg Walcott is always on right. Modric I try only to use on left as IMO he plays better on left than right.

Hello everyone!

I've been using knap's tactics since 2010 and they rock! I am going to start this year with liverpool on 12.04. What do you think it's the best tactic for the reds?

[EDIT]

And what about create a pool?

I decided I'll start with l'pool with 442 102 pts. I'll post a mid-season and a full season resume.

cheers

Keep up the good work Knap, i'm enjoying your 451 tactic, although it is pretty leaky at the back :( Both my centre back are tall and good headers, and are getting a few goals between then, I love seeing my centre backs getting such good ratings, even if they are slow :)

Steve

Slow is no good in fm.

I have 2 4231s but probably not of a reliable standard. 1 is based on 451 but is more open but may be worth a try, the other is storming with Spurs but not working with other teams.

It depends on your defence with MC is was 19 in 38 games. With Arsenal its going to be higher. With Leeds using 442 it was probably a goal a game.

The tactics tend to all use zonal tight marking with the DL in middle.

If there is a tactic that is watertight let me know and I will look into settings, but usually a tight defence gives poor attacking, so always a balance betwen these two aspects.

I am currently using thebetterhalf's Counter the Clocks 41221 from her forum and the defence is pretty good so maybe you can take a look at it?

I have played 23 matches, scoring 53 and conceding 18. 7 of the goals were conceded away to Real and Lyon in the Champions League.

Considering the level of their squads in comparison to mine, It was not bad. I am Dortmund btw

Hi!

Knap, I started Lpool and already lost to tottenham on 1st game :( (although i created more ccc's)

I take a while starting my seasons because i hire staff, do trainings and mentoring and stuff...

I am playing this way:

Reina

Johnson agger skrtel enrique

henderson lucas gerrard downing

suarez carrol

I always look at TBH's tactics.

Dortmand are ranked 2nd and Arsenal 5th with not a lot of difference in standard (Dortmund are about Everton level). Arsenal have same record without VP and have played MC twice winning both. TBH uses a more long ball over the top tactic on the counter with individual settings, rather than a higher pressure tactic which can be exposed to the same long balls.

englishpremierdivisionoe.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I just use Ass Man. When I start a game I take first press conference and then go to team policy and tick ass man to take press, teamtalks friendlies and usually arrange friendlies. With the last one, if a small club its worth organising friendlies against top clubs for the money.

Hi knap

already in Feb with liverpool!

reached the league cup final!!

in the league things went bad at start -> 2 wins win the 7 first matches :(

the things have slowly getting better now we are 4th, 8 points behind man city and two points ahead man utd!!!

23 games, 15 W, 4D, 4L, 60/18 goals (best attack)

I don't consider this a bad season, i'll try to reach champions league.

I noticed that the 442 has difficulties against 4231 formations so sometimes i play the 451 and i have good results

to end this post, just tell that i've won man utd in anfield by an expressive 7-0

cheers

I find playing against the West Brom 4231 awkward.

Lpool are certainly downgraded from previous Fms when their deep counter attack 4231 always caused problems.

Good to see amix and match approach and not giving up after a bad start.

After testing alot of these tactics, I can say that the 4-5-1 from post #249 seems to be the best of them for pure plug and play, although it could do with being a bit better defensively(I could say that about every tactic in the forum though)

Steve

I'm not sure as to why, one possibility is slow defenders, but I wouldn't say my defenders were slow, pace of 13+ for a defender is still good in my book.

I don't have the players to use a 4231 right now, but will download it and try it out once I get a good AMC. What were your results with the above 4231?

Steve

Great amount of goals you have scored there ;)

I still think your 4-5-1 is the best you have released so far though, I have used it a little with Fulham and Swansea and about half a season so far with Ulsan of South Korea and it has been very good, but I can't see me ever scoring that much goals with it!

Steve

Great amount of goals you have scored there ;)

I still think your 4-5-1 is the best you have released so far though, I have used it a little with Fulham and Swansea and about half a season so far with Ulsan of South Korea and it has been very good, but I can't see me ever scoring that much goals with it!

Steve

Which 4-5-1? Could you please write down the link, I could not see it.

Archived