Sports Interactive Community

I would buy a new DM, then push mata up to a wide striker, then push lampard up to AM and then put ramires in cm!! :)

Yeah, thanks, I had thought of that actually, simply because Ramires isn't a conventional dm and is better playing along side a more defensive dm- like miereles in real life.

I will do what you suggested- I suppose you are saying that I should play Hazard Left, Torres down the middle and Mata on the right?

Yeah, thanks, I had thought of that actually, simply because Ramires isn't a conventional dm and is better playing along side a more defensive dm- like miereles in real life.

I will do what you suggested- I suppose you are saying that I should play Hazard Left, Torres down the middle and Mata on the right?

Yeah even if u bought a new forward, u could play hazard in the am role as he will bring more pace to the team! And put lampard on the bench! Hazard and lampard can both play am and cm! So u only need to buy a dm and forward! I would try and get a new rb aswell!

Yeah even if u bought a new forward, u could play hazard in the am role as he will bring more pace to the team! And put lampard on the bench! Hazard and lampard can both play am and cm! So u only need to buy a dm and forward! I would try and get a new rb aswell!

Ah that's the thing, I cant work out if hazard is best at amc or upfront. And if he is better at AMC, im not sure how good mata is upfront....:s I've never really played/Watched much chelsea before so im not too sure about the player's secondary positions.

Ill go something like this then.

Vrsaljko-Luiz-Terry-Cole

-------NewDM---------

---Ramires/Lampard----

------Hazard----------

Mata---Torres---New STLC

Ah that's the thing, I cant work out if hazard is best at amc or upfront. And if he is better at AMC, im not sure how good mata is upfront....:s I've never really played/Watched much chelsea before so im not too sure about the player's secondary positions.

Ill go something like this then.

Vrsaljko-Luiz-Terry-Cole

-------NewDM---------

---Ramires/Lampard----

------Hazard----------

Mata---Torres---New STLC

From what ruud has said and uploaded, i can see that the middle striker is the main goalscorer! So having torres in the middle as your main goal threat and the outer strikers being a mata kind of player who is good and finishing and crossing will

Be your best bet for the wider forwards! Mata is good upfront and hazard is unreal in am! Both of which i have had and played in them positions on my game! If u were to bring lukaku on though i would make sure he plays in the middle and move torres out wide (if you keep him on)

I think Hazard would be great in what ever position you choose to play him Jimmy. Like Ck ck x says he is awesome at AMC but I believe he would be equally good in the FCL. When I was City (Using the original grid "press" tactic) I played him there and as the 41113 is a take on the original I think he would work great there too.

Have you started your test yet? I hope I haven't bigged this tactic up too much...but it's still doing unreal for me with At. Mardrid...

I think Hazard would be great in what ever position you choose to play him Jimmy. Like Ck ck x says he is awesome at AMC but I believe he would be equally good in the FCL. When I was City (Using the original grid "press" tactic) I played him there and as the 41113 is a take on the original I think he would work great there too.

Have you started your test yet? I hope I haven't bigged this tactic up too much...but it's still doing unreal for me with At. Mardrid...

I haven't started yet- was out in the late afternoon so my fm time came to an abrupt end!

Just going back to my chelsea save now- My first day in charge. My worry of putting Hazard at amc is that he doesn't have the vision and passing like Mata. Also if i put Hazard at amc then mata will have to play upfront- although Ck ck x has reassured me that mata will do well upfront.

I could just play mata torres and hazard upfront and buy a new attacking mid? So many options lol- chelsea have 2 many players that can play in every position!

Well I got in from work jumped straight onto FM and these were my results...it's getting silly now...considering my squad...

Mallorca Home - 9-0 Press version of 41113

Marseille Home - 5-0 stand off version 41113

Sporting G Away - 8-0 Press version 41113

Almeria Away - 6-1 press version 41113

I genuinely have never played with a tactic that has destroyed all opposition soooooo easily in all my FM days!!!!

Well I got in from work jumped straight onto FM and these were my results...it's getting silly now...considering my squad...

Mallorca Home - 9-0 Press version of 41113

Marseille Home - 5-0 stand off version 41113

Sporting G Away - 8-0 Press version 41113

Almeria Away - 6-1 press version 41113

I genuinely have never played with a tactic that has destroyed all opposition soooooo easily in all my FM days!!!!

Just Signed Lars Bender for DM and Vrsaljko for RB. My team is looked awesome now.

Just had Inter accept my offer for sneijder and he accepted the terms of agreement however i feel i need a striker as torres is the only real bit of quality I have upfront where I have a load of players who are capable of playing in the AMCL slot.

I think I am going to play hazard in the amcl slot simply because of his pace and trickery whilst mata will be better as an outer striker slotting balls into Torres (Forgive the sexual innuendo)

For my other outer striker I am torn between Pato and Hulk for my outer striker? What do you think?

This is the team I finally decided....

chelseateamselectionove.png

Obviously, there are a few talking points: Ramies could easily sub in for Lampard whilst Mata and Hazard could also be swapped positions so that Mata is the amcl- but ill leave it like this for now.

Think I did a good job in the transfer market aswell-Using the LFC Marshall update so had 80 mil to spend then freed up another 25 mil. I also sold Benayoun, but that hadn't gone through when I took the screen shot.

chelseatransfershistory.png

ruud, can you please upload the stand-off tactic somewhere else? Can't download from filefactory...

Yeah sure mate...I'm not at my laptop at the moment...I've never uploaded tactics before so I'll have a go when I get home :s

Yeah sure mate...I'm not at my laptop at the moment...I've never uploaded tactics before so I'll have a go when I get home :s

I must be doing something wrong, but I'm not really getting the same results as you ruud :/

I must be doing something wrong, but I'm not really getting the same results as you ruud :/

U using very high match prep on attacking focus?

Retrain VDV as a forward so can be used upfront or RM or MC. Modric plays well at MC or LM/RM. You can also retrain Lennon as a forward. A 4411 is not the best formation on FM.

Knap, im interested in your 442 v2 grid system tactic.

Quality results there in the premiership, but how did you get on in the cups?

The 442 Won Euro 2012.

Top Team v Top Team see England v Germany and England v Spain results.

The 442 Won Euro 2012.

Top Team v Top Team see England v Germany and England v Spain results.

thanks but what about cups with the man city team you trialled it with for a season?

I would have to look at season but not playing FM atm. I usually add a good cup season as a quad in tactic name, but cups depend on luck more than a league.

Hey jimmy...saw u ask for me in marcelo's thread!

Well I'm still on the grid tactic but i'm currently testing Knap's 442 v2 grid adaptation with a Liverpool side I took over last season where they were 15th!i use FUSS's 442 which got me to 4th so I qualified for the champions league! But I felt that it was alittle unstable...so i tried Knap's latest 442...

Anyway this is a very good 442 let alone a good adaptation of the grid tactic!

It's very stable (so far...) only played about 10 games with it & I haven't lost yet...

But i'v beat Chelsea 6-0 at home, Valencia 4-1 away to qualify for the champions league,drew against city away,drea against Bayern away,beat AC Milan at home & I'd like to think that it's not with the greatest squad!

The football it plays is very attractive too & that's not something that's really interested me in the past but it caught my eye this time!

I'm in work at the minute so I'll post some screens later mate...i feel dirty being Liverpool,hahaha...

Hey jimmy...saw u ask for me in marcelo's thread!

Well I'm still on the grid tactic but i'm currently testing Knap's 442 v2 grid adaptation with a Liverpool side I took over last season where they were 15th!i use FUSS's 442 which got me to 4th so I qualified for the champions league! But I felt that it was alittle unstable...so i tried Knap's latest 442...

Anyway this is a very good 442 let alone a good adaptation of the grid tactic!

It's very stable (so far...) only played about 10 games with it & I haven't lost yet...

But i'v beat Chelsea 6-0 at home, Valencia 4-1 away to qualify for the champions league,drew against city away,drea against Bayern away,beat AC Milan at home & I'd like to think that it's not with the greatest squad!

The football it plays is very attractive too & that's not something that's really interested me in the past but it caught my eye this time!

I'm in work at the minute so I'll post some screens later mate...i feel dirty being Liverpool,hahaha...

Hahah you really do get around tactics quite quickly Ruud!

So it's Knaps 442 Grid System v2 you are using right?

Yeah mate...the one right at the top of the page!

I always like to get my daily fix ;) !i'm just addicted like many others!

I'll tell u one conclusion I've come to...regardless of which tactic I use from hough to Marcelo from

Knap to fuss I can never get my team to replicate their home form in away matches! It's not a massive issue coz their are some cracking tactics out there I think it's something we have to live with!

Anyway I love a good 442...roll on my next match...roll on finish time!!

Yeah mate...the one right at the top of the page!

I always like to get my daily fix ;) !i'm just addicted like many others!

I'll tell u one conclusion I've come to...regardless of which tactic I use from hough to Marcelo from

Knap to fuss I can never get my team to replicate their home form in away matches! It's not a massive issue coz their are some cracking tactics out there I think it's something we have to live with!

Anyway I love a good 442...roll on my next match...roll on finish time!!

I have noticed this very much in this years game. I hope next year they re-adjust the strength of home advantages!

Here are my first few opening fixtures with Liverpool...some cracking results...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/liverpoolfixturesfixtur.png/

...& this is my team...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/liverpooltacticsovervie.png/

A FEW THINGS...As with all Knap's tactics, as recommended by Knap I use my assistant manager for match prep...the MCR is the more defensive and the MCL is the more attacking...The FCL is the more creative player and the FCR is the more poacher type player (he will get the goals!)...

Here are my first few opening fixtures with Liverpool...some cracking results...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/liverpoolfixturesfixtur.png/

...& this is my team...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/liverpooltacticsovervie.png/

A FEW THINGS...As with all Knap's tactics, as recommended by Knap I use my assistant manager for match prep...the MCR is the more defensive and the MCL is the more attacking...The FCL is the more creative player and the FCR is the more poacher type player (he will get the goals!)...

Okay, ive used knap's 108 pt before which was awesome but It just failed massively against man city and any other big team in europe.

Have you tried setting the match prep yourself because your assistant changes it depending on what team you are! Knap always tests with City or United so it will probably be a specific focus and workload! Have you tried attacking match prep like we normaly do?

When I try someones tactics I usually simply go with what they say, as i'm no tactican...I don't really do tests aswell...I just have one big save, where I attempt to do the best I can..so i don't really like to tinker with things I don't really know much about...

When I try someones tactics I usually simply go with what they say, as i'm no tactican...I don't really do tests aswell...I just have one big save, where I attempt to do the best I can..so i don't really like to tinker with things I don't really know much about...

makes sense! Probably the reason why you are having more success than I am LOL

Haha...I've played FM & CM for years but have never been interested in making my own tactics...Just love the game bro...and much love for great tactic makers like "Mr 442" Knap...thats why i follow their instructions...although I might try a different match prep in cup games...

You gonna test this tactic then?

Haha...I've played FM & CM for years but have never been interested in making my own tactics...Just love the game bro...and much love for great tactic makers like "Mr 442" Knap...thats why i follow their instructions...although I might try a different match prep in cup games...

You gonna test this tactic then?

Yeah I have a United save I was going to test this on but I couldn't decide between going with this one or going with Fuss'. Seeing as you have portrayed this one with such high esteem ill try this one first.

By the way is there any other way I can contact you...twitter/facebook etc?

Half way through the season with Liverpool and the Grid 442 V2 best 442 i've tried simples...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/englishpremierdivisionoz.png/

Best attacking record and best defensive record (This I have found hard in FM12) in the league...happy days!!!

I was going to say the same about the tactic, but i didnt want to speak to early and jinx it, unbeaten since i started using it and I have played big teams in the league and champions league, ill tell you how it holds up.

The passing & movement of the ball so emulates a real life game!

My wingers have both broken assist records this season!valencia is 33 yrs old now but is still my first choice MR!i play mata on the left or a regen player!

Upfront welbeck has scored 30+ goals in about 17 matches I play him as the FCR!

On another note my defence simple consists of Ryan shawcross,a regen,savic & a 33 yr old skertl (not the best I'm sure u'l agree)!

The passing & movement of the ball so emulates a real life game!

My wingers have both broken assist records this season!valencia is 33 yrs old now but is still my first choice MR!i play mata on the left or a regen player!

Upfront welbeck has scored 30+ goals in about 17 matches I play him as the FCR!

On another note my defence simple consists of Ryan shawcross,a regen,savic & a 33 yr old skertl (not the best I'm sure u'l agree)!

Won the league easily.

In the Carling cup i battered Everton I think I had about 7cccs to their 2 and they barely had any shots on goal, they managed to take me into a 1-1 draw into a penalty shoot out which they won.

I won the FA CUP easily and battered stoke 5-0

Played Barcelona in the champions league final and held my own. I lost the game 3-2 but we both had 4 cccs so im not too disappointed, the tactic played well but messi and villa were just to clinical on the day.

How are you getting on with the tactic ruudvanwarren? How did it go in the cups?

Hey James, well i finished the league this afternoon & similar to u won it easy! With 101 points, 144 goal & 28 conceded I think? My FRC was leathal! The number of assists that my wingers made were massive too!

I won the league cup easy, lost in the final of the FA cup to united & I battered them on ccc's & shots! My defence had a shocker but this is the weakest part of my team so I'm not too disappointed! In Europe I lost to Barca in the quarters...I battered them at home 4-1 then lost 4-0 away at the camp nou!

Obviously this 442 would be the press tactic & all the defenders are on zonal,so I'm wondering weather putting the defence & MCR on man marking would make the tactic more stable in tough tough away situations?

Either way easily the best & most stable 442 out there!!

I'm using the grid system 41113..

I have the players for the 3 positions up front: van persie, walcott, podolski, gervinho, giroud, chamakh, bendtner. What would be my SCR, SC, SCL?????

Van Persie as the SC, Podolski SCL and Walcott in the SCR position...personally You could put any combination in that formation and it would work a treat!

Van Persie as the SC, Podolski SCL and Walcott in the SCR position...personally You could put any combination in that formation and it would work a treat!

Bedankt!:)

Considering how much I still use the 106pt MC Triple 442 from post #569, I should probably post some more results.

Here's my first season with Stuttgart (only signed Gabri on a free transfer as cover for MC). Media prediction was 7th, and according to Genie Scout my team was the 9th best in the league.

stuttgartleague.png

[EDIT] Oh, and I let the Assistant Manager handle match prep and teamtalks.

Considering how much I still use the 106pt MC Triple 442 from post #569, I should probably post some more results.

Here's my first season with Stuttgart (only signed Gabri on a free transfer as cover for MC). Media prediction was 7th, and according to Genie Scout my team was the 9th best in the league.

stuttgartleague.png

[EDIT] Oh, and I let the Assistant Manager handle match prep and teamtalks.

I WANT TO know if you make some tweak ? for away game because i use it and i lost games in away

I WANT TO know if you make some tweak ? for away game because i use it and i lost games in away
Nope, just plug and play, although you've still got to expect to lose sometimes. If you look at my Stuttgart league table, you'll see I lost 6 matches (i.e. nearly 1 in every 5). It was still enough to take the title with a mid-table team though, which is great, so you've got to be realistic with your expectations.

Also, in FM12, losses breed more losses. Sometimes it can be REALLY difficult to break a losing streak, no matter what tactic you use. I think that's where keeping player morale up becomes crucial.

Nope, just plug and play, although you've still got to expect to lose sometimes. If you look at my Stuttgart league table, you'll see I lost 6 matches (i.e. nearly 1 in every 5). It was still enough to take the title with a mid-table team though, which is great, so you've got to be realistic with your expectations.

Also, in FM12, losses breed more losses. Sometimes it can be REALLY difficult to break a losing streak, no matter what tactic you use. I think that's where keeping player morale up becomes crucial.

do you use O I ?

and it s for you the best 442 for 12.2 ?

do you use O I ?

and it s for you the best 442 for 12.2 ?

I never use OI no, because they would change the tactical instructions.

I can't give you a definitive answer to your second question, so the best thing to do is try it yourself. I don't really like like to rate tactics against each other, because the creators put a lot of effort into making them. What I will say though, is that there are lots of tactic creators on this forum who I think do a great job, and Knap is certainly one of them. I enjoy using his 106pt MC treble 442 because it uses simple team instructions, but that's my preference as much as anything.