Knap FM12 Tactics

Usually Silva left Nasri right but I use Johnson on either within rotation. Suits Tevez up front but I also use Tevez and Balotelli in these positions. Good players fit a tactical system.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2012-04-09_00001.jpg

Doing quite well with your 442 from post #569... FA Cup 4th rnd, played exclusively with players from my reserves.

20 CCC!

Best tactic I've ever tried in any incarnation of CM/FM series!

What's changed with this one? Might give it a go as I didn't get on with your last 442 and went back to your original 442 for 12.2.2.

Also, while your tactics are great I would say that they have really odd names which makes it very difficult to tell the difference between them in the tactics section of the game. Changing the file name doesn't make a difference. They seem to start with an exclamation mark and then loads of spaces and then numbers. I don't mean to be fussy but could that be changed? :)

I use the exclamation mark and space to keep the better tactics at the top of my directory. Would be easier if less patches!

The new 442 should be available as 4411, 4231 and 451.

I use the exclamation mark and space to keep the better tactics at the top of my directory. Would be easier if less patches!

The new 442 should be available as 4411, 4231 and 451.

Are you going to be releasing the above formations knap or can we just move the players around?

Ah cool, thnx for the naming explanation. I think the problem with me is that even though I've got a 28" monitor I have to play with a really low resolution to see anything so the tactic names roll off the edge and when I hover my mouse over them I get a different name which seems to be the same for all tactics even though I have 3 different ones loaded up at a time. Oh well, no biggie, at least I can load them as a starting tactic so I know I'm using the right one if I change.

Ah cool, thnx for the naming explanation. I think the problem with me is that even though I've got a 28" monitor I have to play with a really low resolution to see anything so the tactic names roll off the edge and when I hover my mouse over them I get a different name which seems to be the same for all tactics even though I have 3 different ones loaded up at a time. Oh well, no biggie, at least I can load them as a starting tactic so I know I'm using the right one if I change.

You could always simply save the tactic in-game with whatever title you see fit that's shorter than the default tactic title.

Good grief, this thread is an orgy of tactics!

Knap - have you thought about opening a fresh thread per formation? It might make discussions easier to follow without the often asked "which version is that?" It's been a very interesting thread to read, but perhaps some separation might give some of these tactics the credit they deserve?

I do have a few questions. After 5 seasons or so, I have been promoted from the third to the first division in Germany, often using Mr Hough's tactics. However, I would really like something that has two wingers (not inside forwards ideally) and two strikers. This generally leaves me with a top heavy 4-2-4 (not sure this is wise in my first season in the top league) or a 4-4-2.

I tend to have many AMR/L's but not MR/L's, but I think I'd like a long-term game with a stable and effective 4-4-2 until I have built my squad and can afford some better players.

This thread has at least four 4-4-2's now I think - which do you think would suit my situation more? I'm on the latest patch. German teams often seem to employ an AMC with one or two strikers - so my one concern is the gap in what would be the DMC position. What would you advise? I downloaded what I think was your second one, but you have released two more since then. I'm toying with FUSS's one as well - where do you think your differences lie?

Many thanks

Cheers

Last time I tried a new thread it was closed so now I don't bother.

The latest 442 uses shorter passing and I use Silva and Nasri at ML/R so not usually a problem having AML/R.

With the game missing the major tactic idea of a defensive and attacking shape using arrows, 4231 and 4222 are too open. The original arrow system was a lot more flexible with regard to player positions.

Still need to finish 4231 system and will look at 4222 next, but with these I would consider using a defensive 451/4141 tactic for difficult games.

Apart from that Liverpool result, which really made me questioned the strength of this tactic against top teams, this tactic has been awesome and destroying everything!

I'm going to play out my next four league games- man city, arsenal, chelsea and everton- which will help me decide whether this tactic really can perform against top teams and, ultimately, whether or not i continue to use this tactic for the rest of my career save.

Wish me luck! I will post more Screenshots when i am done (hopefully promoting the tactic for 4 excellent results :) )

Right, here are the results since the loss against Liverpool!

manchesterunitedfixture.png

United V Kobenhavn (Away)

Don't be put off by this result. I had qualified from my group by the 3rd game so the draw was simply a matter of complacency. Just to reassure you, we made 6 cccs to their 1 ( and 6 half chances to their 2). So this game was a bit of an anomaly!

United v City (Away)

Despite managing to get a draw here, I really felt like I deserved to lose this game. I think it has a lot to do with the narrow 4-2-3-1 formation they play which is almost at times "un-defendable". The ccc score was 6-4 in their favour, and conceding 6 clear cut chances ( even away from home against a good team) with a top class defence is kind of disappointing tbh. However, it is a testimony to the attacking prowess of this tactic that I was able to create 4 clear chances against them.

United v Chelsea (Home)

All teams are usually stronger at home, and this tactic helped continue that trend. I completely outplayed Chelsea, creating 10 cccs to their 1. Rooney was absolutely on fire with 3 goals and 3 assists which Hernandez got on the end of to secure his own hatrick.

United v Arsenal (Away)

Luckily Rooney was on fire again and scored a hatrick again! By no stretch of the imagination was I outplayed by Arsenal but we didn't play like we wanted to win the match either. CCC Score 2:2.

I began to notice that away from home against big teams, something was just no clicking!

United v Everton (Home)

This game confirmed my suspicions of the tactic's performance away against big teams as I was instantly back to winning form at home against Everton. Rooney continued his fine form with 5 goals (Yes that's 12 goals in 4 games). We were ruthless in that game with 5 cccs to Everton's 0!

Conclusion

This is a great tactic with plenty of attacking threat. I'm literally tapping space bar, reading a few news items and doing the occasional team meeting and private chat, and the tactic just keeps winning games for me. Not only are we winning games but by huge score lines. (see the league table below) My only concern is away from home against the likes of arsenal and city, this tactic gets dominated or under performs. What I'm going to do is switch my match prep to defensive positioning for these tough away games ( I have one coming up against Liverpool so I will try it then) and see if that can keep me from losing or drawing any matches.

barclayspremierleagueov.png

Sometimes the team does not turn up for away games but hopefully the 451 can help.

Ah Knap, are you perhaps suggesting that I use the 451 for tough away games?

Is it this tactic " 451 P104F106A17Quad tactic for 12.2.2 " from post 716?

That 451 is TC based but worth a try. I aslo have a 451 based on the 442 re settings. I prefer not to change and held Barca away but if it looks like going pear shaped or just wish to consolidate a result a 451 has added defensive cover.

Only just got in, so no games played today.

That 451 is TC based but worth a try. I aslo have a 451 based on the 442 re settings. I prefer not to change and held Barca away but if it looks like going pear shaped or just wish to consolidate a result a 451 has added defensive cover.

Only just got in, so no games played today.

Okay :) Where can I find the 451 based on the 442 settings?

Just played Lpool away with more open 4222 so I doubt tactical more likely AI are hyped up. Still testing the 451 but try the Quad as a very solid tactic.

The 108pts 442 is the basis of 4231,451 and 4222.

liverpoolvmancitystatsm.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Are they all from corners as there should be a few from freekicks? I don't set up corner or free kick takers only manually throw ins to avoid RBs taking left sided throw ins.

From last MC season

englishpremierdivisionsf.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Using your new 4231 now with Bayern Munich and here is my first result:

mainzvfcbayerninformati.jpg

All in all a good result, I would of liked it if the opposition didn't have so many chances and CCC but hopefully that will improve as the team gets used to it. I thought the wingers and AMC play very well together with alot of options for passes between them, the lone striker didn't have the best of games, how much goals did your striker score in the season with this knap?

Steve

Archived