Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Hi! I just recently decided to start posting, because I feel I've gotten decent enough at the game after months of research on all aspects of FM and then playing. Seems like thanks to others sharing their knowledge I've learned enough to share mine and give back :)

I decided to write up a summary of my FM16 Sheff Utd save, unintentionally 'hijacking' a thread from another user who decided to play Sheff Utd in FM17. Took me 7 months to finish five seasons by being the most meticulous as possible, maximizing every profit, building the best scouting team in the game, scouting regens like crazy, going as far as updating my coaches every few in-game weeks by counting up numbers based on their formulas (like for GK Handling GKx6+Techx3+DDMx2=) to find upgrades, etc. I figure few people have the patience to play the way I do, but hey, it paid off and I'm super proud of what I've managed to do! In five seasons starting in League One, I've achieved the following:

• won League One
  • won Championship
  • 4th in Premier League
  • won Premier League, Cup, runner up in Champions League
  • won Premier League, Cup, Champions League with the first team of average age of 20
  • in 2020 became the highest value team in the world at 1.47 billion
  • I've easily got the best youths in the game, I now make more than 30 million from youth loans a season (only to teams who will help them develop though), while keeping the best talent indoors to maximize development

Thanks everyone who helped me figure this game out, it's been a blast :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys.

Having a bit of an issue with contracts and cannot see anything related in the bugs section so likely something I am doing wrong.  Finished my first season with Spurs and both goalkeeping coaches and a few scouts have retired.  I have approached a few to sign and all options are greyed out with the exception of walking away.  I have also tried to sign players to new contracts with the same result.  At present staff responsibility for these is set to me but I have also tried giving it to DoF.  I have now been 2 weeks with a GK coach!

** EDIT:  Seems a bit of IT magic was needed. Turned it off and on again and all is working fine, still miffed about Wembley mind : )

Also Spurs have just moved into their new home of... Wembley!!!!!  What is all that about eh, been building the new stadium for long enough for this to be in the game, poor show SI.

Edited by Hackers76

• 1 month later...

OK seeing as there has been no post since my last I am not optimistic for an answer but here goes....

Trying to make a bid for a specific player and it won't allow me to exchange players.  The transfer listed section is greyed out and when I go to rest of the squad the option to exchange players is not there.  This has to be a specific issue with this player as the options are available with anyone else.

So does anyone know the reason why exchanging players is not always possible?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys been lurking for a while and decided to post because I am looking for some information. I am trying to learn more about the Burnley team of the 1950s and 60s but am failing to find much info on their tactics and even basic statistics. Does anyone have any resources on classic teams or can point me in the right direction possibly? Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks!  I've been lurking around this site for years.  Finally made an account!! Made a few posts already (mainly in Good Player & Team Guide bit) just thought I should announce my arrival in here aswell haha.  Hope to become an active member on here now!  Over the years I have always enjoyed reading the stuff you guys write about the game.  This site has definitely made me a better Football Manager.  So thanks everyone!!

Guys where is the topic of team advices? I can't find any about team recomendations. Can you sent me such topic's links? I want to start a career but i couldn't decide which team is enjoyable..

Edited by c_klnc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

(posted this exact same message in the off-topic forum, but felt it would fit in perfectly in this topic too. Don't know what the differences are between both topics :brock:)

I've been lurking for quite a while now and slowly starting to contribute more to the forum. I think the SI forum is a great place for all FM-players.
My first experiences with Football manager were back in the days of Championship Manager 01/02. I was 13 years old and always managed PSV with Mark van Bommel, Arjen Robben, Mateja Kezman and Wilfred Bouma as a very solid base. Totally fell in love with the game back then and kept playing CM 01/02 for 4 or 5 years or so.
After playing CM 01/02 for 5 years or so I lost the interest in gaming. But with FM15 I fell in love again with the amazing world of football managing. Had some big struggles with FM 15 but decided to buy FM 17 to give it another go.
Had some very different savegames in this game: from a very succesful PSG save to some very challenging LLM and Journeyman saves.

Right now I'm managing Bath City in the Vanarama South. 

I like to keep my savegames very realistic and have made a habit of comparing every decision I make in-game to what would be realistic in real life. So, for example, I don't use the player search screen and I start with the lowest possible attributes as a manager. I don't use tactics from the tactics forum, but like to get  inspired by the many approaches that are documented over there. I think the tactics-forum is the place on this forum where I spent the most time lurking :D (I don't really feel like contributing very much over there because I'm far from a tactical genius). 

Well, I guess that's more than enough about me. I felt it was the right time to introduce myself a little bit more but I'm now finding that I just keep on blathering on about myself and that was never the idea in the first place. So there's that.

• 1 month later...

Wow, I knew you were engaged last time. A baby!!!! Jeez.

Yeah, went to Australia to play cricket. Greatest 7 months of my life tbh. Wanted to stay but cricket is over. Put in to stay but didn't get it. Was planning to go back but managed to get my old job back so I'll stay for the time being.

Apart from that, life has been fairly simple.

• 1 month later...
On 21/02/2017 at 19:08, Pattric_b said:

Hey guys been lurking for a while and decided to post because I am looking for some information. I am trying to learn more about the Burnley team of the 1950s and 60s but am failing to find much info on their tactics and even basic statistics. Does anyone have any resources on classic teams or can point me in the right direction possibly? Cheers!

Hey, don't know if you ever got an answer but there are several books that have been released based off of them seasons. I believe one of them was called 'never had it so good' I may be wrong but you could have a look for it. Good luck!

On 21/02/2017 at 19:08, Pattric_b said:

Hey, don't know if you ever got an answer but there are several books that have been released based off of them seasons. I believe one of them was called 'never had it so good' I may be wrong but you could have a look for it. Good luck!

Hey guys

I have been checking in to this forum on/off for a while now. Before that, I used to be very active and post alot on a Danish forum. Unfortunately, the activity of users vanished and the place is now completely dead. Pretty sad.

Anyways, this was not meant to be a sob story. I have finally taken the time to get on board here and I am really looking forward to it. I enjoy the good level of advice and tricks that I get on this forum. How is the activity level on here?

For a while, I haven't really played FM 2017, but in the next couple of weeks i'm on vacation. What better thing to do than reuniting with my favourite game? 

My idea was to start a game with Fulham and see what I can do with them. Meanwhile playing, I'm very interested in writing about the game and updating you guys on it. That's what I have always enjoyed the most on the Danish forum. Is there a place for me to do that?

Well, that became a rather long and maybe not as interesting as intended. Anyways.

See you around!

9 hours ago, TheRealGoat said:

My idea was to start a game with Fulham and see what I can do with them. Meanwhile playing, I'm very interested in writing about the game and updating you guys on it. That's what I have always enjoyed the most on the Danish forum. Is there a place for me to do that?

Hey Goat, if you haven't already then check out the Fulham thread. I don't know how active it is, but that is the place to update if you so wish.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Once upon a time, someone created a thread that had the dates for when all the newgens are generated for each league. Can't locate. Anyone know where that is? Has to be 5 years old.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 17/08/2019 at 11:41, Barnetboyz said:

its been so long...

On 05/11/2019 at 22:43, McGougan33 said:

What happened to this forum? Used to be buzzing.

OMG, I remember your nicknames! :D

Brings back memories, this place was buzzing...

16 hours ago, Fabio MVP said:

OMG, I remember your nicknames! :D

Brings back memories, this place was buzzing...

Yeah man I remember you too. 

Was it the utd thread?

I was looking for the team thread of who`s doing what thread this year and couldn't find it.

Forum seems dead apart from the technical and tactical pages.

11 hours ago, joe__the__man said:

Kinda miss this place, been so many years I thought I'd see if any of the old names are about still. Apparently not, this just feels like a message in a bottle kind of post.

It's a shame, as everyone got older they either stopped posting or stopped playing the game, and moved across to the Football Forum or OTF instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of us are still lurking around. 

Would be good to get the quality of the threads back up to where they were before.

As Ty said some of us stopped posting, in part down to life and in part just losing passion for the game.

Seems like a revival of the forums could happen, but not without hard work.

• 1 month later...

Hi. I'm a lurker and I'm currently posting here because the thread title told me so. Maybe I'm just being a push over but I don't see anything particularly wrong with contributing to a thread.

Currently listening to Declan McKenna and resisting the urge to eat more chocolate. 

• 3 months later...

Given I haven't posted here since 2014, and this lockdown here in Spain is beginning to drag... Started playing FM12 today. Also thought I'd pop in to see if any of the old-timers are still around?

Haven't played FM for years due to lack of time, still following my beloved Granada CF (and just read through some of my old threads), still on twitter @HeathGCF although I'm not as active as I used to be.

Anyhow, nice to visit a former stomping ground, albeit very briefly! :ackter: 

Heath! Jesus. Maybe the lockdown will bring an increase in traffic back to this thread.

I’m currently in the UK lockdown. No longer miss Australia as much. 

Won’t be playing much cricket this summer I don’t think. 

Have got back into my FM18 save. Struggle with the morale side of 19 and 20.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/06/2020 at 16:01, Vornik said:

Hi guys, don't know where to ask it. Hope you can help me here

My scouts used to scout the opposite team before every game, suddenly it stop. Where can i change it back?

Not sure if you've found it by now, but I'm pretty sure it's under 'Scouting - Assignments'. 

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Jean0987654321 said:

You got a lot of regens in the game there. Tough to give advice. Just look for the guys with the right attributes and try to retrain them maybe?

Yes, but since 2017(i guess), the left size of the pitch is hard to fill, because there is not much left footed players or players that are natural in those positions.