Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all. I have to say this night is a great night for me. sport is on (choice is Man U vs Newcastle, Aus vs England or rugby league) beer is flowing, strangely Stella is cheaper per case over here than light beer. All made possible by the wife having an early night so I can now make merry.

Hi all. I have to say this night is a great night for me. sport is on (choice is Man U vs Newcastle, Aus vs England or rugby league) beer is flowing, strangely Stella is cheaper per case over here than light beer. All made possible by the wife having an early night so I can now make merry.

Sounds class :thup: Where are you?

Yep in Brisbane, Australia. I ended up watching the man u vs Newcastle game and wished I hadn't. followed that up by watching the cricket. this Ashes series is just bizarre. only one team seems to turn up per test.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh god.. it has begun, it's that time of year again.

I'm bracing myself for the rage, for the pointless drivel, for the continuous stream of nonsensical ridiculous posts in GD and beyond that accompany any new release...

GD has already seen a few such threads appear...

Pray for me, pray for yourselves...

Had our cricket club's presentation evening on Friday and ended up winning the Sunday Team Bowling Award. Got praised by a few over the past few months and days regarding my captaincy of the Sunday side for last season as well. I've offered to do it again so the club are open to that. As well as being apart of the committee and academy coaching staff I'm taking on more and more as times goes on. Actually enjoy helping out tbh and can't wait for the new cricket season.

Favourite find so far is the Swedish Kristoffer Olson, got him from FC Midtjylland. Previously at Arsenal.

Shortlisted a few players so far;

Moses Simon - AA Gent

Arthur mASUAKU - Olympiakos

Jorrit Hendrix - PSV

Jonaton Soriano - RB Salzburg

Ali Ghazal - Nacional

Daniel Amartey -

Lucas Lima

All as Wolves, think they may be out of my league though, Arthur Masuaku looks a class LB for cheap.

Simon looks fantastic for sure.

I've got a whole list of players I need to search for in game that I suspect will be decent, but I'm planning a thread for bargains so we'll see :)

Send them my way! I'm desperately looking for a decent CB, I was certain that I'd get Martin Hinteregger but he wasn't interested in joining! :(

3e3726cf1c8d678c0c2d05fdb8f1fb17.png

This guy looks great this year...

and here's one for your shortlist.. looks decent...

6843c06cd9603f04629f4db90f1748fb.png

Cheers buddy, Marko looks a beast, only issue with Fenger is his PPMs

Look @ Dominic Iorfa at Wolves, IRL he will be in the premier league in a few years, he's the best young player i've seen since Lescott and Robbie Keane, in game he looks class too, be interesting to see what his PA is.

Same goes for Niall Ennis.

Cheers buddy, Marko looks a beast, only issue with Fenger is his PPMs

Look @ Dominic Iorfa at Wolves, IRL he will be in the premier league in a few years, he's the best young player i've seen since Lescott and Robbie Keane, in game he looks class too, be interesting to see what his PA is.

Same goes for Niall Ennis.

I live just down the road by Shrewsbury and I know Jack Price so I tend to keep an eye on Wolves anyway, they look a great team to be this year, fantastic young squad with Iorfa, Hause, Ebanks-Landell, Batth and co... gonna be hard to know here to fit them all in tbh.

Afobe looking like one the best strikers in the championship too.

Shame about Enobakhare though, was hoping for slightly better stats.

On it Welshace, just beat Burnley 1-0 in the opener, looking for re-enforcements...

EDIT: And one of my favourite, Petteri Forsell is available for pocket change.

Yeah noticed that.. him and Dag Olsen were my goto players for any lower team.. but Olsen is now pretty awful..

Sadly, i've only had chance for a (very) brief scout around, so headed straight for the fertile lands of Croatia and Argentina to scour for the latest crop of technical midfield schemers. Very much liking the look of 17 year-old Andrija Balic of Hajduk Split and Boca's Rodrigo Betancur whilst Dinamo's Ante Coric, a familiar name from FM15, seems to have retained his potential and has outstanding technical stats for a player of his age. River's Sebastian Driussi and Emmanuel Mammana also seem like good bets, though Balanta's reduction in key mental/physical attributes make him seem a bit of a liability now (a fact very much played-out in his awful display last night IRL).

Serbia's u-20 World Cup triumph has furnished them with some significant talent too - the abovementioned Grujic is probably the pick but his teammates Vukasin Jovanovic and Mihailo Ristic look good, with another FM15 favourite, Luka Jovic still very much in the wonderkid bracket. Across town, Partizan's Andrija Zivkovic seems to have been given a boost - looks a hugely promising and complete inside forward this year.

Elsewhere, Marco Asensio and Dani Ceballos, the stand-outs from Spain u-19s' European Championship victory, look like real classy prospects.

What's everyone's thoughts (in a nutshell) of the beta so far then?

I'm holding out for a couple of weeks until the game is released properly, myself.

My opinion, mostly excellent.

A few bits i really, really don't like (create-a-manager being the main one), not overly keen on the new player profile screen, but i'm sure I'll get used to it.

Other than that, all looks very promising, and the prozone camera view, and general analysis is genius.

My opinion, mostly excellent.

A few bits i really, really don't like (create-a-manager being the main one), not overly keen on the new player profile screen, but i'm sure I'll get used to it.

Other than that, all looks very promising, and the prozone camera view, and general analysis is genius.

Changed it to land on the attributes page if you haven't already :) when you click a player, it lands on their attributes page and its so much nicer to look at.