Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

How would you feel about having Billy back NF?

Erm, I'm excited if we can get back to being as good last time :D. As long as he doesn't feck over the academy like he did at Derby and us last time. Some Derby fans said that he set them back 5 years when he was in charge of them and he set us back 2/3 years as well.

I wish they would kick the schoolkids out of Wembley, watching on mute!

I'm listening to another game while watching England because I can't stand the **** commentry and horrendous pundits they have.

Ooooh, will there be any bites on that one! He is arguably their main asset though, and we all know what Arsenal do with them.....

All you've gotta do is wait for Wenger to claim hes staying and you know hes on the way out.

It's very similar in a lot of regards. I watch more Brazilian league football than English and you can clearly see the comparisons. It's very physical and demanding and lots of tackles flying about.

How often do you watch it if you don't mind me asking?

not enough to be honest (I should watch more, but I will wait for the Brasileirão to start again before doing so), I have always been of the impression that Serie A is the european league that have most in common with south american football in terms of playing style and tactics, brazilan teams do a slightly higher volume of hoofing then italian once thought so maybe thats where you find the connection?

not enough to be honest (I should watch more, but I will wait for the Brasileirão to start again before doing so), I have always been of the impression that Serie A is the european league that have most in common with south american football in terms of playing style and tactics, brazilan teams do a slightly higher volume of hoofing then italian once thought so maybe thats where you find the connection?

I honestly think you need to watch it regular to make any kind of judgement and tell me I'm wrong tbh because if you think Brazilian teams hoof it then you are clearly been naive and don't watch enough of it :D

I honestly think you need to watch it regular to make any kind of judgement and tell me I'm wrong tbh because if you think Brazilian teams hoof it then you are clearly been naive and don't watch enough of it :D
my sample size might not be the best, but atleast I'm not plucking assumptions out of thin air, I watch the odd match here and there (which is not enough since I still cant grasp how to make a box midfield work on fm :) ), and did follow Vanderlei Luxemburgo's Real Madrid side on regular basis during his stint there

and you should also keep in mind what I said, I said that brazilian teams in general play more direct balls then you would see in Italian football, I did not say that every brazilian team play like Stoke ffs

my sample size might not be the best, but atleast I'm not plucking assumptions out of thin air, I watch the odd match here and there (which is not enough since I still cant grasp how to make a box midfield work on fm :) ), and did follow Vanderlei Luxemburgo's Real Madrid side on regular basis during his stint there

and you should also keep in mind what I said, I said that brazilian teams in general play more direct balls then you would see in Italian football, I did not say that every team play like Stoke ffs

Yet again someone else making out they said something different to what they actually said. You didn't mention direct balls once you said hoofing. Not once in your whole post did you mention direct balls ;)

brazilan teams do a slightly higher volume of hoofing then italian once thought so maybe thats where you find the connection?

But either way your asuumptions/perceptions are wrong :D

Or if you think hoofing means direct balls then you need to look up the definition of hoofing.

Plus the fact you've mentioned watching Vanderlei Luxemburgo's Real Madrid when making comparisons to Brailian national league makes me :o for you because that's totally irrelevant and nothing to do with the National League.

Yet again someone else making out they said something different to what they actually said. You didn't mention direct balls once you said hoofing. Not once in your whole post did you mention direct balls ;)

But either way your asuumptions/perceptions are wrong :D

Or if you think hoofing means direct balls then you need to look up the definition of hoofing.

Plus the fact you've mentioned watching Vanderlei Luxemburgo's Real Madrid when making comparisons to Brailian national league makes me :o for you because that's totally irrelevant and nothing to do with the National League.

we may indeed have a bit of confusion and mix up on terminology here, and I may indeed have used the wrong wording in my first post and that was probably misleading, and I may also be having a gregorinho moment forced upon me by lack of sleep

regadless of which, are you saying that my assumption stated here is wrong and why do you think so?:

I said that brazilian teams in general play more direct balls then you would see in Italian football

Any household genius' (that right?) out there which can tell me what gets permanent marker off your skin? A mate of mine said use shampoo and scrub but that didn't get a lot of it off... just spent 45 minutes in the shower trying :D

Any household genius' (that right?) out there which can tell me what gets permanent marker off your skin? A mate of mine said use shampoo and scrub but that didn't get a lot of it off... just spent 45 minutes in the shower trying :D

Alcohol gets it off instant if you rub that onto it. The things you learn when your a parent :D

Err not sure this will work in a real world sense but here goes. When i have a permanent marker isssue on a white board at work the folowing solution works.

1> write over the writing with non permanent marker

2> then wipe off and the permanent marker comes off with the non permanent marker.

I'll be honest, this is only a whiteboard solution so not entirely sure i would use it on myself. Also i have had quite a few wines so that may be influencing me.

Alcohol gets it off instant if you rub that onto it. The things you learn when your a parent :D

Would cheap aftershave work?

Baby oil, makeup remover or alcohol usually do the trick.

I have none of said items, dammit!

Err not sure this will work in a real world sense but here goes. When i have a permanent marker isssue on a white board at work the folowing solution works.

1> write over the writing with non permanent marker

2> then wipe off and the permanent marker comes off with the non permanent marker.

I'll be honest, this is only a whiteboard solution so not entirely sure i would use it on myself. Also i have had quite a few wines so that may be influencing me.

I am not going to re-draw over all this crazy stuff on my arms and chest, would take ages :D

Cheers guys!

Would cheap aftershave work?

I am not going to re-draw over all this crazy stuff on my arms and chest, would take ages :D

Cheers guys!

Not sure, I only have expensive aftershave and I'd not waste that trying :D. Alcohol always works though with little effort. You're a student, I'm sure you have some kicking about somewhere ;)

I am for one surprised as I would suspect you as a person who would use makeup remover.

Quiet you, I've been a good boy recently. Have even been interacting with the plebs in GD.

I haven't been over to GD to be fair. I am trying to stay away from and just constantly wish the GD mods good luck :D.

Not sure, I only have expensive aftershave and I'd not waste that trying :D. Alcohol always works though with little effort. You're a student, I'm sure you have some kicking about somewhere ;)

I have some crap I have never touched, it came from a distant relative I don't really know for Xmas from some box set. Normally the gift is either a tacky box set or cheap chocolates :D /ungrateful