Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

This clip is from Charlie Brooker talking about the Wire. Apologies for spamming the thread with videos about the Wire, but it really is the best thing that has ever been on a TV screen, and if you watch this you might be tempted to watch it. It shows clips from the series, so Id guess it is an 18 certificate clip. If that's no good for these forums, then sorry. But please, humor me and spend a few mins watch it.

[video=youtube;sZ2iGYwdEi8]

I didn't watch it because I have seen all of The Wire, I think it starts really well but I think it dips a lot for season 3 and I didn't like season 4 but season 5 was great. It kind of suffers in a way for me because like most American TV drama shows they feel the need to make the main character a complete arsehole pretty much like The Sopranos. I enjoy several TV shows more than it Oz, Stargate, Dexter, True Blood and Boston Legal. Especially Oz which I consider the best TV show of all time.

I didn't watch it because I have seen all of The Wire, I think it starts really well but I think it dips a lot for season 3 and I didn't like season 4 but season 5 was great. It kind of suffers in a way for me because like most American TV drama shows they feel the need to make the main character a complete arsehole pretty much like The Sopranos. I enjoy several TV shows more than it Oz, Stargate, Dexter, True Blood and Boston Legal. Especially Oz which I consider the best TV show of all time.

Thats cool, its all about opinions.

The Sopranos is my other great TV love, and the main character in that is a total arseole. The good thing about the Wire is the amount of characters in it, all really good the way you get to care or at least have an opinion on them. I like the way the show has something to say, and isn't just mindless entertainment. But Charlie Brooker puts it much better than I ever could.

Dexter was ok, saw the 1st few seasons, good fun, but not even in the same league as the 2 mentioned above. True Blood is one that has been recommended to me before, must get round to watching that.

Just a tad. Even when I am not thinking about it, I have my girlfriend nagging in my ear about it :(.

Ive been there. With us, problems rise and fall, sometimes the situation is calm, other times it gets problematic. Step families are hard. I get it with my other halfs ex and her child, and I also have it with my ex and the child we had together. Plus me and my missus have one of our own. Its like a jeremy kyle script.

But we do well, and we have a right happy little family, me the other half and our three kids, when we are all together. Its been tough at times, but its all good really.

Oh dont get me wrong, we're extremely happy. We have the usual ups n downs like any relationship but we're extremely solid. The only major problem we have had recently is to do with my girlfriends insecurities which were caused from the relationship she had with the kids Dad. Its like its still in her mind thats the way you are treat in a relationship so thats the only issue we have ever had really.

My girlfriends kids adore me to be honest. Im not being big headed when I say that, but the 9yo always says that she wishes I was her Dad and although the 13yo is at that age where he doesnt want to admit feelings, he will do anything to impress me or make me happy.

Thats cool, its all about opinions.

The Sopranos is my other great TV love, and the main character in that is a total arseole. The good thing about the Wire is the amount of characters in it, all really good the way you get to care or at least have an opinion on them. I like the way the show has something to say, and isn't just mindless entertainment. But Charlie Brooker puts it much better than I ever could.

Dexter was ok, saw the 1st few seasons, good fun, but not even in the same league as the 2 mentioned above. True Blood is one that has been recommended to me before, must get round to watching that.

I loved The Sopranos for the first 5 season but then it just turned completely crap. I dislike recommending things to people outside of my parents, sister and best mate because everyone has different opinions. Don't get me wrong I liked the Wire and it would probably make my top 6 or 7 shows especially because it ends properly. Six Feet Under is another show where nearly every character is a complete arsehole at one point or another but the ending is spectacular and easily the best ending to any TV series ever, I have never seen anything close to it.

True Blood all depends if you like Vampires things or not. That dips big time for the second series. Dexter is all about the Trinity Killer who is the best TV bad guy ever along with Russell Edgington from True Blood and Adebisi from Oz.

The best bad guy ever is Snoop from the wire. Her and her mate, I forget his name, were cold.

True blood is supposed to have a dark sense of humor to it apparently, so I have been told. I cant help but reccommend things to people, I get so enthusiastic, like a big kid. My missus gets put through so much **** I make her watch bless her.

Its ok gechal. The way I go on about Batman makes my girlfriend think I am 6 years old :D. For my birthday last year she bought be a Batman t-shirt, for Christmas a Batman belt and my birthday presents this year were in a Batman gift bag :brock:.

Oh dont get me wrong, we're extremely happy. We have the usual ups n downs like any relationship but we're extremely solid. The only major problem we have had recently is to do with my girlfriends insecurities which were caused from the relationship she had with the kids Dad. Its like its still in her mind thats the way you are treat in a relationship so thats the only issue we have ever had really.

My girlfriends kids adore me to be honest. Im not being big headed when I say that, but the 9yo always says that she wishes I was her Dad and although the 13yo is at that age where he doesnt want to admit feelings, he will do anything to impress me or make me happy.

Glad its all good:thup: How long have you been together if you don't mind my asking? Have you thought about having another child together? We were together six years before we had a baby, and its a big age gap, a 12 year old, then 9, down to the baby who is 13 months.

The best bad guy ever is Snoop from the wire. Her and her mate, I forget his name, were cold.

True blood is supposed to have a dark sense of humor to it apparently, so I have been told. I cant help but reccommend things to people, I get so enthusiastic, like a big kid. My missus gets put through so much **** I make her watch bless her.

Chris was his name when he punched the crap out of that guy he thought was going to molest the kid called Bug, that was sick, probably the worst beating I have seen anyone given in anything ever. The Wire is best for Omar everyone knows that. True Blood is funny in a lot of ways just the second season has an extremely rubbish bad guy.

Its ok gechal. The way I go on about Batman makes my girlfriend think I am 6 years old :D. For my birthday last year she bought be a Batman t-shirt, for Christmas a Batman belt and my birthday presents this year were in a Batman gift bag :brock:.

I have Batman pants and dressing gown. I basically cream myself over comics, comic films and comic stuff in general but my missus understands my obsession.

Glad its all good:thup: How long have you been together if you don't mind my asking? Have you thought about having another child together? We were together six years before we had a baby, and its a big age gap, a 12 year old, then 9, down to the baby who is 13 months.

We have been together nearly 3 years. I have never, ever wanted a child to be honest, but with her having her own it has made me consider it. If she ended up pregnant now I would be gutted. I am to young in my eyes to have a kid. We have discussed it, and I have always said that IF it did come to that situation I would like to be between 28-30, which would make my girlfriend around 35 and she has stated that she will never ever think about having a kid at that age. The more its talked about, the more its ruled out.

I have Batman pants and dressing gown. I basically cream myself over comics, comic films and comic stuff in general but my missus understands my obsession.

I think we have determined that we are both like that.

Chris was his name when he punched the crap out of that guy he thought was going to molest the kid called Bug, that was sick, probably the worst beating I have seen anyone given in anything ever. The Wire is best for Omar everyone knows that. True Blood is funny in a lot of ways just the second season has an extremely rubbish bad guy.

Ok im going to stop going on, after this last post.

The beating Chris gave that fella, that's one of the reasons this show was so good. What I mean is, when he was killing on order, it was all business, clean kills, reassuring the victim it would be painless. When he heard about what that guy had done, his morals took over and he got genuinely angry about it, and this anger took him over, he couldn't help but batter him. He would never kill like that. He didn't like the bloke for what he had done, and felt sicked by him the same way anyone watching the show would have, Granted we wouldn't batter him to a pulp on the pavement, but we would mostly agree he deserved it, maybe not all of us would, but you get what I mean. So we could empathize with a cold blooded serial killer.

The show blurs the line between good and bad, to the point where the traditional roles of cops and criminals, good and bad, get so twisted you wonder if they are all bad, or just all victims of their respective circumstances.

ok i shall now shut up.

Ok im going to stop going on, after this last post.

The beating Chris gave that fella, that's one of the reasons this show was so good. What I mean is, when he was killing on order, it was all business, clean kills, reassuring the victim it would be painless. When he heard about what that guy had done, his morals took over and he got genuinely angry about it, and this anger took him over, he couldn't help but batter him. He would never kill like that. He didn't like the bloke for what he had done, and felt sicked by him the same way anyone watching the show would have, Granted we wouldn't batter him to a pulp on the pavement, but we would mostly agree he deserved it, maybe not all of us would, but you get what I mean. So we could empathize with a cold blooded serial killer.

The show blurs the line between good and bad, to the point where the traditional roles of cops and criminals, good and bad, get so twisted you wonder if they are all bad, or just all victims of their respective circumstances.

ok i shall now shut up.

I agree with everything you said and understand the point of the scene. A show that can make you empathise with a stone cold killer is extremely well written and that's one of the reasons I like a show called Oz. I'm sure quite a few people from Oz are in The Wire. I don't mind you going on I enjoy the talk.

Oh yes, Fantastic Four and Superman cross over for tonight, I don't know if I will read it or simply look at it and touch myself.

Meh. Just tell the mrs she isnt required tonight.

Anyway, the season starts this week-end. What is everyone's predictions regarding their respective teams and who do you think will be in the major positions this season e.g. Champions, Europe, Relegation?

I know, but I'm just going to try and fat burn to start off with. Doing a few hours a week, over the week shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Decided to use the rowing machine from now on as it's hurting my legs :(.

Pain is good, shows it working.

If you do a leg workout then do it every other day. So legs one day then upper body day after and so on. You'll soon ease into it all.

And possibly spread a bug to others so more would be ill? Yeah, because that'd be sensible.

Oh sorry, I must have got that sort of attituded response from you when I state that I am ill :thup:.

It will probably be the other halves cooking anyway ;).