Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Right! To recap.

MW3 = Completely not interested.

Takeaway = KFC or a chinky

TV = Burn Notice / Human Target

PSN = Delenfent, but I only play NHL12 on line if anything

Skyrim = AWESOME

Comic books = Massive geek. Get unreasonably annoyed when the films are nothing like the comics.

SRL, have you thought that they may be testing you and have their eyes on giving you a promotion?

I've spent £30 odd today on sweets and chocolates. Most are for Christmas.

I highly doubt it after a re-structure mate. Technically you arent meant to gain from a re-structure & I already have a pay rise, and they are on about upping my contracted hours per week from 25 to 30. The thing is, they have already filled all positions in so there is no space for anything else. I hate councils :mad:.

Mine & my girlfriends 'love to shop' vouchers arrived today so that we can start our crimbo shopping :D. £800 to spend on everyone.

We have already bought roughly £300 worth of stuff for the kids altogether so we are getting the rest of their presents out of it, plus others.

I am getting some of my Xmas money on Friday (mum is coming to see me/drop off some stuff) as my loan will run out very shortly, so I said I need an advance on my money so I can live :D

Anyhow...

Whilst I'm browsing on Amazon, I've already added pre-orders for TES: Skyrim and Batman: Arkham City, plus Batman: Arkham Asylum (having not played it yet) to my basket.

Now the thing is, Dead Space 2 looks interesting (and cheaply priced!), but sat amongst a stack of games I already have here, is the first Dead Space, which I've still not even taken out of the cellophane wrapping over the box yet... :D

Worth getting it, or reckon I should finally play the Dead Space game I've already got first? :lol:

Just spotted that the "new" version of Syndicate is out early next year.

The originals were amongst my favourite games ever. Just something about watching a little pixel man running around screaming, after having being torched with a flame-thrower, then collapsing in a pile of dust... can't beat it! :D

Was just having a gander at LA Noir - The Complete Edition. With all the bundled DLC "included".

Problem is, instead of being on discs, in the box, how the hell can they call it "Complete" when you have to bloody download them all.

Really annoys me that does... because of my bandwidth caps. Surely the point of releasing a "Complete" edition is that they come complete in the damn box! :mad:

Looked interesting (to me at least), but don't see the point in buying it now.

LA Noire just looks like a good guy version of GTA. I wanted when it was being advertised, but when people started buying it they said it wasnt that good so I was put off it a little.

Woo...

"Delivery Truck Simulator" :lol:

Do people actually buy and play "games" like that?

Have you checked our Bus Simulator, Crane Simulator, Taxi Simulator, Farm Simulator, Cable Car Simulator & Street Cleaner Simulator??? :lol:.

An FM side project

And that would be?

Pfft, job would mean less time doing... nothing!

That sir, is a deal breaker.

Quit football then. :D

GTA5 next year is one to look out for :cool:.

Never played such a game on PC always on playstation. Seeing that I don't have the latter anymore, is it worth getting on PC?

I've not heard the best reviews for LA Noire either, especially with all the dlc. I've heard it can get quite repetitive.

As for xmas, **** everyone, no-one's getting anything. Except for me of course, I'm getting two weeks off work to get bladdered.

Never played such a game on PC always on playstation. Seeing that I don't have the latter anymore, is it worth getting on PC?

I have never, ever played a game other than any CM/FM series game on the PC so I wouldnt know. Graphics and gameplay looks great though based off the trailer.

I've not heard the best reviews for LA Noire either, especially with all the dlc. I've heard it can get quite repetitive.

As for xmas, **** everyone, no-one's getting anything. Except for me of course, I'm getting two weeks off work to get bladdered.

I have from November 22nd off until I feel like it because Im getting an operation on both my knee's. 6 months full pay, milk it? I think so, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :p.

For a while yes, and I will be confined to my bed without being able to do much. Im going to be in & out in 1 day as well. 2 weeks before I can put weight on 1 leg at which point I could use crutches, and atleast a month on the other leg.

Still struggling with what to get family for Christmas. I have some chocolates and stuff but I need more than that.

Here are the people I have to get for:

Mum, Dad, Brother, Nan and Grandad and Gran.

My mum and dad are looking at getting a new dining table. I offered to buy it but they aren't keen on me spending £400 on them. They never have been tbh. I think they're both off work after Christmas so I'm thinking of getting them some vouchers to go away for a few days. After asking my aunt, she said Centre Parcs would be a good idea as it's quite cheap but decent.

My nan and grandad are fussy. My nan said they don't need anything, but I want to get them something. I was thinking about getting my grandad that Senna DVD but my nan said he won't like it. They have a caravan and like the mystery games, so there's two links to have a look at.

My brother is another difficult one, He's got MW3 and apart from Microsoft points, I don't have any idea what to get. I'm not a big fan of getting the points because he wastes them most of the time.

My gran is probably the easiest one to get. I have got her some biscuits that were half price from work and I'll probably get her a bottle of whisky too.

So, do any of you have any other ideas which may help me?

Spending £400 on a dining room table is a lot, but could you not offer to go halves with them & then get them a little something like wine, whisky, whatever they drink? If not, Centre Parcs plus a little something would be nice.

Are there no other games your brother wants at all? DVD's maybe?

Gran sounds like your sorted, but your Grandad no idea. What sort of stuff in general is he into? For you Nan, could you not get her a little ornament from Collectables for in her house. Something she has a couple of maybe?

We are nearly sorted for the kids. Quite close to being done actually so Im pleased. Just the main presents of a PS3 for him & a Barbie Dream House for her. My girlfriend I have been & bought her a watch, necklace, some PJ's & a yoga mat which she is very into at the moment. Bought them today and I have about £120 left to spend on her & Im done. Love to Shop Vouchers = :cool:.

Spending £400 on a dining room table is a lot, but could you not offer to go halves with them & then get them a little something like wine, whisky, whatever they drink? If not, Centre Parcs plus a little something would be nice.

Are there no other games your brother wants at all? DVD's maybe?

Gran sounds like your sorted, but your Grandad no idea. What sort of stuff in general is he into? For you Nan, could you not get her a little ornament from Collectables for in her house. Something she has a couple of maybe?

We are nearly sorted for the kids. Quite close to being done actually so Im pleased. Just the main presents of a PS3 for him & a Barbie Dream House for her. My girlfriend I have been & bought her a watch, necklace, some PJ's & a yoga mat which she is very into at the moment. Bought them today and I have about £120 left to spend on her & Im done. Love to Shop Vouchers = :cool:.

My nan said offer to pay some of it, so it's definitely an idea. My grandad's in to F1 and mystery games. My nan is interested in mystery games. My grandad also likes fishing, but with me knowing nothing about fishing, I don't know where to start. My nan doesn't really collect alot of things tbh. So I'm not sure on that.

My brother likes DVDs but again it's what he likes. I can have a look and see what's coming out or is being released and see.

I love Christmas but hate trying to buy presents because it's so difficult.

Why not as your Nan/Gran, whichever is with your Grandad (Im getting a little confused ha) what sort of stuff fishing wise he could do with maybe? Or just a couple little bits that you could get him. Suprised he wouldnt like that Senna DVD if he is into F1 either!!! Could you not possibly look into booking them a mystery game week-end or something. I know you can do those.

Well I think my list of DVD's for X-Mas consists of Senna, Two & a Half Men Season 9 (if its out), the new John Bishop DVD, Lee Evan's new one, Thor, Captain America, Hangover P2, Family Guy Season 11, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, X-Men 1st Class, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Slash & Myles Kennedy Live in Stoke :cool:. Any of them new releases help?

I hate it when you ask people and they say 'well there isnt anything I really want' or 'I will get back to you'.

P*ss off man, surely you have an idea of 1 or 2 things that you like :mad:. Really winds me up.

Heath, don't get Dead Island or LA Noire, because both are rubbish.

Take advice from someone who gets bored quickly of most games they've played recently... mmmmkay...

;)

Dead Island I did end up buying. Read through plenty of reviews, mainly from people who've bought and played it. I never trust site or magazine reviews... ever. I just think I'll enjoy the melee zombie mashing. :)

LA Noire I didn't bother with, simply because it was the complete collection package (including all the DLC content) that piqued my interest. Once I discovered the DLC content isn't on the game discs, you have to download it, it was a waste of time me bothering. I don't have the bandwidth to download games or large DLC content for games.

I'm getting a new satellite internet system installed start of December though, which will give me 10mb downloads/2mb uploads, with a bandwidth cap of 15gb per calender month. Will cost €50 per month, which is cheaper than the €75 per month I pay for the crap I'm currently using.