Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday again /o\

Atleast it's Friday again :lol:.

We had snow, for one morning. It's pretty nice in Blackpool atm.

Be my first Saturday off in 3 weeks, get to watch Soccer Saturday and hopefully another Rotherham win I'm in a good mood :thup:. And 'cus my car insurnace has dropped to £427(driving for two years).

I hate when the PL isn't playing :( boring weekend of football. Definitely looking forward to the Leicester game though!

Might get into FM this weekend, start a save or something. I haven't touched it in a couple months!

I'd be including him tbh. I don't like the certain snobbery people use when they're discussing who should and shouldn't go. Imo Drinkwater and Vardy should be in the squad. Who drops out for them I don't know.

I'm not entirely convinced Wilshere should be in the squad.... Good player, but his injuries have been disruptive. Also not too sure about Milner either. Tough call to make a 25 man squad... Guess we have to play 4-4-2 if we want to accommodate both Kane and Vardy upfront at the same time.

Squad is only 23 man, i'd leave out Wilshere even if he plays every game from here and think that Milner will go because of his versatility.

Thanks for the correction ;)

Yer, Milner does have versatility. I was a big fan of his (and still am), but this season for me he has not been as good as he usually he is. Still, will be interesting to see what happens :p

Hart hate I don't get as he is England's best goalkeeper although I'm gutted for Butland, Wilshere I dislike because he comes across as a very dislikeable person and he never seems to be fit and for me hasn't progressed in his potential all those years ago, Rooney has had a dip in form but I would still take him to the Euros

Yeah this forum and this thread in particular has nosedived over the past couple of years. I remember when we had Tom, edgar, SRL, Purefun, BarnetBoyz and a few others. I remember we could get through a couple of pages in a day and even possibly a page a day at times. Usually there wasn't much seriousness of the posts but just ramblings.

I certainly don't have the time, nor interest to post as much as I did.

It's sad as I've been here since 2005 but as someone said people grow up and I expect this generations FM players probably don't interact as much as we once did, personally I haven't played a PC version of FM for about 3 years (play Mobile version), I simply don't have time for it now, I pop in here from time to time to see how things are though

It's sad as I've been here since 2005 but as someone said people grow up and I expect this generations FM players probably don't interact as much as we once did, personally I haven't played a PC version of FM for about 3 years (play Mobile version), I simply don't have time for it now, I pop in here from time to time to see how things are though

Yep, taken a bit of a dive, I don't play as much as I used to that's for sure.. maybe an hour or two a week if I'm lucky... technically I should have more time than usual these days being at home all the time , but work soon builds up .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Not exactly.Probably more like 4 of them :D

Still impressive :)

Yeah this place used to be good back in the day, I just think we need a new thread with new regulars to post in here again. This thread is so big and old it's just become part of the furniture here and people barely even know it exists.

So this is my first post here. To this section of the forums, of course. Hi!

If you're looking for a great, cheap HoYD (~2-3k pm wages, Fairly Professional personality, 17 Man Management, 17 Yng, 15 JPA and JCA, likely to join for free) then check out Zigor Aranalde. He's a spanish 47 year old guy. Currently my HoYD as HJK and I've gotta say I like the cut of his jib.

• 1 month later...

I haven't got a job yet. Just pinging my CV out and seeing what I can get. Looking for office work in Melbourne ideally. Will staying in Carnegie near St Kilda.

I shall be playing cricket. I'm thinking of it being a working holiday. Looking for 25/30 hours work per week but not looking for weekend work or work on Tuesday/Thursday evening. Got some part time hours working for the club.

To say I'm looking forward to it is an understatement. Where abouts are you based MB?

I'm back home now, but I've been all over the country barring Tasmania. I'm planning on going back to University in the next 1/2 years to train as a nurse meaning I can move out there for real. 

Have you thought how you'd get, say, 30 hours a week with such a limited availability? Melbourne will be full of backpackers so you're making your chances harder. Then again, I knew people who got work doing things like selling energy and the like and they earnt a fair bit of money. 

Have you found a place to stay? Also have you saved up money? There is a website called transferz that's easy as hell for transfering money from Eng/Aus bank accounts and vice versa. It's £8 flat free per transaction which is a lot cheaper than banks. I've transferred over £8000 using it and its really good. 

Have you looked into bank accounts? How long are you planning on staying?

19 hours ago, MichaelBrown said:

I'm back home now, but I've been all over the country barring Tasmania. I'm planning on going back to University in the next 1/2 years to train as a nurse meaning I can move out there for real. 

Have you thought how you'd get, say, 30 hours a week with such a limited availability? Melbourne will be full of backpackers so you're making your chances harder. Then again, I knew people who got work doing things like selling energy and the like and they earnt a fair bit of money. 

Have you found a place to stay? Also have you saved up money? There is a website called transferz that's easy as hell for transfering money from Eng/Aus bank accounts and vice versa. It's £8 flat free per transaction which is a lot cheaper than banks. I've transferred over £8000 using it and its really good. 

Have you looked into bank accounts? How long are you planning on staying?

Got some hours with the cricket club already. Got money behind so don't actually have to work. I know people out there and one of our clients we use is going to put me in touch with some people out there as she's stayed there for 18 months. I'm also staying with someone from the club.

Will sort bank accounts when I get there as I know a few people out there who can help.

In terms of getting the forum back and active again, is it worth having scaled down threads. I love reading updates about people's FM saves but I'm not trolling through 30 pages of United updates to read through. THe FL thread is a great read though. So something like that? Might build the interest up again and more people might post. Player threads of the past used to be good, now people don't post too much as they might feel you have to put war & peace.

I also saw a comment where someone(think it was stig) who said that Twitter has meant a lot of users use that now and you're probably right.

• 1 month later...