Raise Your Hand If You're An International Manager *raises hand*

HotChocolate

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read through this thread, very good reading. Well done with N.Ireland and hope Mexico goes well. Reading this has made me want to start an international career seen as I am yet to get fully into a save yet. Keep up the good work! :thup:

lol - congrats!

Cheers!

Well done on the Gold Cup win

Nearly had a wobble against Honduras though ;)

I nearly did, I was genuinely worried when they pulled it back to 1-1. I thought I'd done us in with the sub.

Yup. :lol:

I'll go to America one day! Maybe via Toronto though :cool:

Just read through this thread, very good reading. Well done with N.Ireland and hope Mexico goes well. Reading this has made me want to start an international career seen as I am yet to get fully into a save yet. Keep up the good work!

International careers are great, I'd seriously suggest doing it but you do need patience. The winter season is horrible, you don't play a game for months and if you holiday, the ass man changes your team around which annoyed me.

Thanks a lot though! :D

How much gold is in the Gold Cup?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+much+gold+is+in+the+gold+cup%3F

Ecuador vs Mexico (Copa America Warm-Up Friendly)

We have never been so clinical. The goals were brilliant, well played, through balls, finished well, we were on fire. It is a shame we conceded 2 because it still shows frailty in our defence, but we are missing 1 CB for 2months and 1 winger for 5 weeks plus another injury. So with 3 injuries I may cancel the friendly against Colombia, I don't want to risk it. Javier Hernandez links really well with Carlos Vela but he still has a 1 match ban, which is the game against Chile.

Mexico vs Colombia (Copa America Warm-Up Friendly)

I left it to late and was unable to cancel the friendly. I changed the team around so that the players had rest and were fit for the Chile game. We went out and played very well, kept a clean sheet and got goals when we needed to, finishing them off in the last 5 minutes. Two solid games against teams in the Copa America but the group stage will be more of a challenge, Chile, Brazil and Venezuela.

GL in Copa America. Few more performances like the Ecuador game and you should be fine. Looked clinical, 10 CCC and 9 goals scored is very good. Any good regens coming through into the squad?

Victor Manuel Collazo - I brought him and he has really impressed me, it's a shame he is injured for 9 days and probably out of the Copa America.

Armando Millan - 41 caps already, he isn't too good at CB but in DM he is solid.

Salvador Torres - Didn't impress me the first few games but I gave him chance and he's really shown why he has got so many caps.

Jesus Perez - The understudy to Giovani dos Santos for AMR.

They are the best young players, there are a few good regens that are 23/24 but I thought giving an on look to the younger side would be better, if you want any more screenshots just ask I'll happily oblige!

Copa America 2019

Chile vs Mexico (Copa America Group Stage)

When I came, I knew we had goal scoring ability and we didn't half prove it here! We were massive underdogs but we went out and hammered them. No one had a bad game and although we conceded a goal at the end, which we seem to do a lot, we didn't put a foot wrong. The odd thing was that Javier Hernandez could play, it still says he's suspended for 1 international game but it's not been applied yet. So I can only guess it doesn't count for the Copa America, maybe only in the Gold Cup (where he got sent off).

Mexico vs Venezuela (Copa America Group Stage)

We had too many chances to only win 3-0 but they did defend well and did make it hard for us. It's pleasing that we created so many chances and we have shown we can finish teams off but they did have a 5 minute spell where they got 2 good chances which is frustrating because it shows we can be weak defensively, but if we are scoring goals and creating chances like we are I think the defence will get away with it, for the moment.

Mexico vs Brazil (Copa America Group Stage)

They got off well and got 2 easy, simple, open net goals and then seemed to just sit back. We came out in the second half and although the stats don't show it we really did give them a game, we even equalized but it was given offside. It was a shame to give them a strong start and then chances to go even further ahead but it was pleasing to give them a game and push them. It will be hard in the Quarter Finals but we will definitely make a game of it!

Group A

Japan vs Mexico (Copa America Quarter Final)

This is why I will never understand the logics of Football Manager. We fly through the friendlys, putting away every chance we get, we hammer Chile, we hammer Venezuela and we even have good chances against Brazil scoring one. We get into the quarter final against Japan who are 60th in the World rankings, we are 13th and we have nothing. Our goal was lucky, deflected off Vela and went in. Their goals were screamers but I struggle to understand how the exact same squad can not even muster a genuine chance? It was horrible to watch. One of those games where you knew the minute they took the lead you had lost.

To add insult to injury (we knew this before the game) we would have a semi-final against Colombia. I can't express how annoyed I am at the loss.

The Copa America is tough

I would usually agree but it was Japan. They did nothing. Just hit 2 good shots from the edge of the area. We had absolutely nothing. I've re-watched the highlights to find the 'clear cut chance' we had and it's Carlos Fierro's last minute header (straight at the goalkeeper). After that I've removed him from the squad and the national pool. There is only so many games a player wont impress me before he never plays for me again. Salvador Torres got close but he improved and played every game of the Copa America :thup:

......................Copa America 2019.......................

...............................Group A - Group B - Group C...............................

.................................Quarter Final - Semi Final................................

......................................Third Place Playoff......................................

...............................................Final................................................

Competition				Round Achieved				Defeat				Country
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
European Championships 2012		Failed to qualify			N/A				Northern Ireland
World Cup 2014				2nd Round				3-1 Chile			Northern Ireland
Four Associations Tournament 2015	4th (league table)			N/A				Northern Ireland
European Championships 2016		3rd, group stage			N/A				Northern Ireland
World Cup 2018				Failed to qualify			N/A				Nigeria
Gold Cup 2019				Winners!				N/A				Mexico
Copa America 2019			Quarter Final				2-1 Japan			Mexico

[/size][/size]Country Days in Charge Games Played Won Drew Lost Win %
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Northern Ireland 2056 65 27 15 23 41%
Nigeria 273 6 3 2 1 50%
Mexico N/A 21 16 1 4 76%
[size=2][size=2]

I deserved the sack, which is why I'm surprised I didn't get it.

Victor Manuel Collazo - I brought him and he has really impressed me, it's a shame he is injured for 9 days and probably out of the Copa America.

Armando Millan - 41 caps already, he isn't too good at CB but in DM he is solid.

Salvador Torres - Didn't impress me the first few games but I gave him chance and he's really shown why he has got so many caps.

Jesus Perez - The understudy to Giovani dos Santos for AMR.

They are the best young players, there are a few good regens that are 23/24 but I thought giving an on look to the younger side would be better, if you want any more screenshots just ask I'll happily oblige!

Look promising, especially Collazo and Millan. Torres is a strange one I think. Well rounded but his attributes don't really excel in places you want. Has good first touch and technique but could do witha couple more points on his passing and creativity.

Also bad luck on Japan but we all know Nobby is right ;)

Look promising, especially Collazo and Millan. Torres is a strange one I think. Well rounded but his attributes don't really excel in places you want. Has good first touch and technique but could do witha couple more points on his passing and creativity.

Also bad luck on Japan but we all know Nobby is right ;)

I think it's about finding the right person to play with Torres more than anything and I have that in Jonathan dos Santos but not sure for how much longer.

Bad luck against Japan, that's a typical Mexican performance.

It was the only game I can remember we've played and not created anything.

Archived