San Jose - C+

Sporting Kansas City - C+

Colorado - C

Toronto - E

Rancer if you read this, please help me understand the rules :D

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cerud would definitely be pleased by this...

Don't worry about the grades too much. In short, there's a salary budget and it's a strict budget so you have to stay within it. You can have 2 Designated Players with an option to acquire a 3rd slot for a little money (although imo 2 is more than enough). In 'Squad Registration', there's all the roster rules that you have to stay within. In short, here's all you need to know:

- Academy Apprenctice (AA) and Generation Addidas (GA) players through the draft do not count against the salary cap/budget, so they're players you should target. AA players aren't usually that good though although the occassional player does have enough quality to make your team and contribute immediately. GA players are usually very good players so if you have a high enough pick in the Superdraft and your scouts say the GA player has potential you should draft him.

- Superdraft and Supplemental Draft: the cream of the crop are here. Draft picks are tradeable and wiorst record gets first pick, 2nd worst gets second pick, etc to the MLS Cup Winner getting the 19th (and last pick) of the first round. The Supplemental Draft is an extension of the Superdraft, so like a 1st round pick in the Supplemental draft is kinda like the 4th round Superdraft pick. Don't waste too much time in the Supplemental draft as you will not have enough roster spots to retain most supplemental draft picks.

- Allocation money: kinda like a transfer budget. You can get allocation money in three ways during the season: from other clubs for your players in MLS, from the transfer of your players to other MLS clubs, and *I think* from your finishing position. You cannot adjust the amount of allocation money you have so spend it wisely..

- Regular season: There's I think 34 regular season games against teams from the West and East. Don't worry too much about this, it's like every other sports league in the world. Win as many games as possible. :p

- MLS Cup Playoffs: Top 10 in the overall table make the playoffs, with the top 2 from the West and East occupying the top 4 spots overall, and the top 4 is sorted by points. The 7th seed plays the 10th and the 8th plays the 9th seed at the higher seed's venue to determine the 8 teams that qualify for the Quarter-Finals. The best team faces the lowest seed from 7th-10th, 2nd best team faces the the other team that won the one game playoff, and 3rd vs 6th, and 4th vs 5th. The quarter-finals and semi-finals are both over 2 legs, with the higher seed getting the 2nd leg at home. MLS Cup Final is a winner take all game at a neutral venue.

- Trading/part-exchanges: I utilize trading a lot and it's best to succeed if you can figure this out too (although you can win by just signing players from abroad, but I find it a lot enjoyable to use all tools available to win). Players, allocation money, draft picks, and international slots are all tradeable. To me, international slots are important, because it allows you to acquire an extra international player. Slots are tradeable from 1 year to 5 years, or a permanent slot. It's more or less impossible to acquire a permanent slot (understandable since the other club isn't getting the slot back..) but it's possible to acquire a 5 year international slot, which will be more than enough in Canada as players only need 3 years for citizenship. Canadian clubs have a little leeway that they have more international slots than American based clubs.

- Nutrilite Canada Championship: I have no idea if you can qualify for the CONCACAF Champions League by winning the MLS Cup, so it's best to win this competition excluslvely for the 4 professional clubs in Canada: Toronto FC, Montreal Impact, FC Edmonton, and Vancouver Whitecaps FC. It's a 2 round, 2 legged competition and you have to win on aggregate. Win this and you're automatically in the Champions League regardless of your league finish in MLS

I think that's all for now. You should digest all that first before asking more questions. :D

Nutrilite Canadian Championship 2025

2yvjdd0.jpg

WINNERS

w0gvm0.png

Past Winners

FC Edmonton - 2024

FC Edmonton - 2023

Montreal Impact - 2022

Montreal Impact - 2021

FC Edmonton - 2020

Montreal Impact - 2019

Vancouver - 2018