Barney Butterball

Over Land and Sea

1,000 posts in this topic

On a roll now barney! reckon you can win the champions league?

I'll give it ago :D, but just wait until I post what happened in my first game. Bloody outrageous. :eek:

Is that because you want to go there?

Maybe one day, who knows where my next stamp in my passport will be :)

I never did coach in Scotland, but Ive always been intrigued :)

I've been there once I think :D would love to manage a team that can break Celtic and Rangers.

AFC Champions League 2018

309r4gn.png

2niod53.jpg

My first adventure in the Asian Champions League nearly made me quit Beijing and move back home. I was all geared up and ready to play my first match when the bomb shell dropped. Half of my team were on International duty. I had NO team, but we took to the field anyway.

21aah6e.jpg

As you can see I had 11 players, no subs against a very good South Korean side. The worst happens on 45 mins. My Right Back gets carried off. The 2nd half we only have 10 men. To top it all off in the 83rd minute my striker joins my right back on the treatment table. 9 men.........

How we won I don't know.

n2k86s.jpg

Those are great shirts. And a great performance in the group stage, to boot. Well done!

Will you be jumping back into European football at the first opportunity or are you planning on keeping your Asian adventure going for a while?

Those are great shirts. And a great performance in the group stage, to boot. Well done!

Will you be jumping back into European football at the first opportunity or are you planning on keeping your Asian adventure going for a while?

Tough question there Arsenal. I'm having a great time in Asia but I wouldn't mind playing in a better standard of league. Once my Champions League is over I will decide what to do next.

Have enjoyed reading this career thread and got excited when I saw you had taken over at Bristol City but a shame it didn't work out :(

Still, doing great in China!

Doing great so far Barney keep it up! I would love to see you stay in Beijing and get them an ACL title!!

Have enjoyed reading this career thread and got excited when I saw you had taken over at Bristol City but a shame it didn't work out :(

Still, doing great in China!

It was a shame it never worked out at City, but I won't mind another shot at them some day. Loving Beijing at the moment, would really like to become an International manager soon aswell.

Doing great so far Barney keep it up! I would love to see you stay in Beijing and get them an ACL title!!

We can dream rancer, it's tough though because I can only field 4 out of 7 subs every game.

Good win in the ACL and nice work in the CSL. Do I hear muted whispers about a double?

Just read the whole of this thread, I'm well impressed with what you've done so far and you are making good progress in the ACL as well!

Good luck with the rest of the season :thup:

309r4gn.png

Qtr Final 1st Leg

6915s3.jpg

Great first leg, sets me up nicely for the return leg in Japan, what could possibly go wrong. [oops]

Qtr Final 2nd Leg

29vz3n4.jpg

Oh dear, we were battered, this is the worst I think Beijing have played since I've been here. BUT!!!! AWAY GOALS RULE. We left it a little aswell.

2ezpriv.jpg

Alex Ferguson would of had a heart attack at that.

Lol you must of done a dance or something when that went in. From swearing at the monitor to kissing it? :-)

Lol you must of done a dance or something when that went in. From swearing at the monitor to kissing it? :-)

My wife though I had gone mad, I jumped off the sofa screaming and shouting :o :D

309r4gn.png

Semi Finals 1st Leg

v4aumu.jpg

Very close game, it's going to be tough in the 2nd leg with there away goal.

Semi Finals 2nd Leg

Removed by Tinypic

What a great game, after going 1-0 things didn't look good for us. But we dug in and fought back. Now for the biggest game of my career to date.

2wdzecm.jpg

The team I didn't want. Don't ask me why though, I've never heard of them.

Pirelli Chinese Super League 2018

o5pz5f.jpg

1z2h8bk.jpg

vwsbq9.jpg

28slzwm.jpg

Updated after "Crash Dumps" we still managed to win the league but we lost a game vice winning from earlier. Still happy though.

AFC Champions League 2018 Final Preview

309r4gn.png

j66hhy.pngvs 2rc23uo.png

2j666qc.jpg

King Fahd International Stadium, Riyadh

70,000 all seater

Built: 1986

Referee: Abdul Malik Abdul Bashir of Singapore

309r4gn.png

Route to the Final

Al-Shabab (KSA)

s6j8sy.jpg

Beijing Guo'an

2rxdzyv.jpg

Match Odds

vsgldd.jpg

309r4gn.png

Starting Line ups

Al-Shabab (KSR)

azge4m.jpg

Beijing Guo'an

jrblhy.jpg

[video=youtube;l5-nO_gqBpI]

Amazing win in the ACL. Are you going to end on a high or take them further?