If You Count Your Chickens Before They've Hatched, They Won't Lay An Egg

AK22

Atleast your managing a good club .

The BEST club :D

Cracking season mate. I have put my mortgage on you winning the league next season. No pressure then ;)

Wow, that's quite some pressure then! I'll help find you a nice YMCA establishment if it all goes wrong :D

Great EL win and great finish in the Champions Leagues spot, should be a great season next season
Excellent season, keep it up!
Think you can go for the CL?

Cheers. I'm hoping to take the momentum forward to next season, so I'd be disappointed if we weren't competitive in both the Premier League and the Champions League. Not sure if we're capable of winning either/both, but I would like to think we'll be a top three side in the league, and reach the knockout stages of the CL :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brilliant season and even more satisfying finishing that far ahead of Utd although see West Ham in the top 4 is quite a surprise!

Yes, I was surprised to see The Hammers finishing above both Man Utd and Chelsea. They're being managed by Matthew Upson now, and have been steadily improving over the past couple of seasons.

I'd like to think that the fifth place finish has signalled the start of the demise of Man Utd, but I'm sure this is just a small blip, and they'll come back stronger next season.

Good season, great to see you making good progess.
Back where we belong :cool:.
Good improvement on last season. Well done on winning the Europa League :thup:

Thanks, although I won't be satisfied until we've won the Premier League, and closed the gap on Man Utd for titles won.

Champion's League will do wonders for your finances good stuff.

I can't believe how many of your players retired in the same season. What was your average age?

The squad average age was 29, but it's now down to 23! Now, we all know that you can win things with kids ;)

I'd prefer a younger squad anyway, as my mentality is to ensure the club becomes dominant for several seasons. Having a young squad, all progressing together, should help achieve this ambition.

Great season there. Not far off the title so good luck grabbing it next season.

If you can replicate Australia's performance in my save I'll be spectacularly impressed! ;)

It's not looking good, Pangaea, not good at all!

World Cup 2022

Hosts: Qatar

Holders: Italy

Group Stages

FIFAWorldCupOverview_Stages-1.png

FIFAWorldCupOverview_Stages-2-1.png

Well, it kind of went how I expected it to. A 0-0 draw against Mexico in our opening match was the highlight of our tournament, ensuring we at least got one point on the board. The FA expected us to be competitive, and that we were, losing 3-1 to Brazil, and 3-2 to Russia. No shame in either of these defeats, but not enough to see us make a shock appearance in the next round (let alone the final, Pangaea!). However one positive, due to goals scored, we managed to finish above Mexico in the group, and avoided the wooden spoon. The FA were delighted!

No other major shocks in the group stages, asides from the US finishing above Argentina, but it was good to see the hosts getting through their easy group, and for my former nation, Egypt, also making the knockout rounds for the first time in their history.

Knockout Rounds

FIFAWorldCupOverview_Stages-3-1.png

Surprisingly, Qatar kept the flag flying for the Middle-East all the way to the quarter-final; quite a performance for a nation with no previous footballing pedigree! The United States made the most of their easy half of the draw, managing to luck themselves into the semi-final, before being seriously tested by the eventual winners, France.

Good old England, making their way to the final only to be handsomely beaten by France. Les Bleus even played most of the second half with ten men, but this was still not enough to vitalise a comeback for Henning Berg's side. 2026 will be the 60th anniversary of England's World Cup win, perhaps that'll be the year that dreams finally come true!

Still, really look forward to see how you do in the World Cup :)

Bit of an anti-climax, wasn't it?! :D

Even though the FA were more than satisfied with our performance at the World Cup, I decided that I had come to the end of the road with the Australian national team, and tendered my resignation. The players are fairly decent, but not good enough to make any serious impact on the footballing world, so I couldn't see many reasons to continue in the role.

AndyKingNews_Inbox-2-1.png

AndyKingHistory_Overview-1.png

After the conclusion of the World Cup, the managerial merry-go-round went into full swing, and a plethora of job opportunities were offered my way. Spain, Nigeria, England, Wales, Mexico, USA and Austria all come to the conclusion that I was the man who could lead their proud nations to future glory, but I had other things on my mind, and decided to accept the offer of employment from a nation right on the outskirts of Europe.

AndyKingNews_Inbox-5-1.png

As you can see from the World Rankings below, Turkey are considered the eighth best nation in Europe, so aren't a shabby side. I'm looking forwarded to a successful European Championship qualifying campaign, in a group consisting of Moldova, Scotland, Finland and Bosnia and Herzegovina, and then the possibility of making the latter stages of the tournament itself.

WorldNations_WorldRankings-1.png

Bit of an anti-climax, wasn't it?! :D

You did well considering the very tough opposition. A point and -3 goal difference is decent against those teams. Was always going to be impossible to recreate taking Australia to the final. Sometimes FM throw out a proper curveball, and that was a screamer of a curveball.

Good luck with Turkey. They look like a good side being ranked 13th in the world so should give you a good chance to qualify. Guess you were seeded first with the teams you got. Should make it through allright.

France had a tough way to the final. Well deserved win by the looks of it.

Put up a good fight with the Aussies, that's about all you could do really.

I managed Turkey on my save and didn't get on too well at all so hopefully you can do well with them. Mind you I see they are high in the world rankings here, when I took them over (a few years earlier than 2022) they were down past 100 in the rankings. Good luck!

Best of luck with Turkey! I hope you take them far!
Good luck with Turkey :thup:
In my games, Turkey get some sick talent through as NewGens. So you shouldn't be short :thup:

I've inherited a Turkish squad with loads of great newgen talent, so the nation's footballing future should be really bright. Potentially, I can see us fighting it out with the big boys at the European Championships, and maybe with a slice of luck, making the semi-finals, as long as we qualify that is. Should get a preview up later tonight with a few screenshots of the star players available to me, so you can judge for yourselves :)

You did well considering the very tough opposition. A point and -3 goal difference is decent against those teams. Was always going to be impossible to recreate taking Australia to the final. Sometimes FM throw out a proper curveball, and that was a screamer of a curveball.

Good luck with Turkey. They look like a good side being ranked 13th in the world so should give you a good chance to qualify. Guess you were seeded first with the teams you got. Should make it through allright.

France had a tough way to the final. Well deserved win by the looks of it.

Definitely, any team that beats Spain and Brazil deserves to win the trophy at the end of it!

Regarding the Euro draw, I assume we're top seeds. I never actually viewed the draw originally, as being Australia manager, I wasn't subscribed to European international events at the time. I think it's a fair bet anyway, as the next highest ranked team after us is Scotland, and they've hardly pulled up any trees recently!

Well done on getting into the Champions League.

Qatar reaching the Quarter Finals and West Ham beating manure to the last Champions League spot. :D

Great, isn't it! Gotta love FM at times :D

Well, 1 point?! Lol, I was hoping you could sneak by Mexico and Russia, but I guess the Russians were too strong

Turkey looks like a good choice - good luck!

One point, hardly worth writing home about, I know! But, it could have been worse, we could have lost to Mexico as well :D

To be honest, I knew it would be a tough game against the Russians, but having beaten them just a few months previously, perhaps I was slightly over expectant of what we were capable of, although we would have gone through if we'd repeated the earlier victory.

Unlucky in the World Cup but all the best with Turkey
Good luck with the Turkish
Turkey have some fantastic players on my save, good luck with them
World cup was always going to be difficult. Didn't get humiliated and looks like put up a bit of a fight in a tough group. GL with Turkey
Put up a good fight with the Aussies, that's about all you could do really.

I managed Turkey on my save and didn't get on too well at all so hopefully you can do well with them. Mind you I see they are high in the world rankings here, when I took them over (a few years earlier than 2022) they were down past 100 in the rankings. Good luck!

Thanks chaps. FM always seems to produce excellent Turkish players the more you advance into the game, so perhaps it's a good time to take charge of them, especially now considering the game year is 2022, and most of the players are newgens.

Good luck with Turkey mate. If you got some good Turkish players, send some over to GS. We'll take them. :p

USA beat Argentina and got to the semis! :eek:

I'm pretty sure I've got some world-beaters in the squad, but they're all plying their trade with the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid at the moment. I've got one Galatasaray player, and he's not that fantastic, I'm afraid ;)

The squad average age was 29, but it's now down to 23! Now, we all know that you can win things with kids ;)

I'd prefer a younger squad anyway, as my mentality is to ensure the club becomes dominant for several seasons. Having a young squad, all progressing together, should help achieve this ambition.

I agree with your statemtent regarding youth, it has always been my recruitment policy in FM games and you CAN win with kids LOL.

Good try in the World Cup with the 'Roos and good luck with Turkey.

Liverpool F.C.

676.png

Pre-Season Summary 2022/23

Wage: £30.5k per week | Contract Length Remaining: 3 years

The rescue plan is now well under way, and I've still got three more seasons to turn the club back into world-beaters. That might be a tad ambitious, but I'd like to think we'll win at least one Premier League trophy in that time.

Board Expectations

Barclays Premier League: Qualify for Champions League

UEFA Champions League: First Knockout Round | FA Cup: Semi-Final | Carling Cup: Not Important

Transfer Budget: £39.6m

Wage Budget: £2.1m per week | Current Player Wage Total: £1.31m per week

Media Prediction: 4th | Title Odds: 10/1

Pretty much the same expectations as last season, except that we'll be competing in the Champions League instead of the Europa League. Another top four finish in the league is a must if the club is to continue it's progress, but I'd like to think we're capable of a little bit more than that. Whether that means title winners I don't know, but I'd hope we'll be in the hunt with the likes of Arsenal, and clear favourites, Man City.

Transfer Activity

Transfer Summary

Club Signing of the Window: Jaume Ferrer

Total Amount Spent: £36m | Total Amount Received: £1m

The main mantra for the summer transfer window was to build for the future, and sign players who will be able to play out most of their careers at the club. This was proven by the fact that the eldest player signed was Germany holding midfielder, Florian Dragusha, who at 22, has developed enough to secure an instant first team starting spot. The other young hopeful who will slot straight into the first eleven is defender, Jaume Ferrer. I spent nearly £20m to bring this Spanish prospect to Merseyside, and despite his young age, has all the credentials to be one of the best centre-backs in the world. We've also signed plenty of other hot prospects who, at first, will start out in the reserves and under-18s teams, but all have the potential to be great players; Nathan Bennett and Marcus Tubbs were signed to ensure we keep some English players in the squad, and I raided Scandinavia to steal both Nicholas Ankjaer and Dennis Frank on free transfers.

Tactical Outlook

This is my initial formation and team instructions:

LiverpoolTactics_TeamInstructions-2.png

LiverpoolTactics_TeamInstructions-1.png

This system worked well last season, so I've got no reason to alter our set-up this term. All the players I've signed should all fit nicely into this formation and shape too, so this will be pretty much the team's mentality for as long as I am manager at the club.

Turkey

799.png

World Ranking: 13th

Rival Nations: Greece

Stadium: Various

Capacity: Various

Fixtures

Turkey made the last sixteen of the World Cup (losing to Brazil), but this was not enough to persuade their outgoing manager to stay on for a crack at the European Championship Qualifiers. I've taken the job on a four year plan, firstly looking to qualify to Euro 2024 and consolidate our world ranking, but ultimately aiming for a strong showing at the 2026 World Cup.

FA Expectations

UEFA European Football Championship Qualifiers : Qualify easily from the Playoff of the Euro Qualifiers.

The FA don't even expect us to win

our group! No offence to the other nations involved, but if we can't finish higher than Scotland, Moldova, Finland and Bosnia and Herzegovina, then I'd just as well pack it all in now. I want to comfortably win the group, and no doubt about it, it would be embarrassing if we didn't.

Initial Impressions

Squad Overview

I make no understatement when I say this is a very talented squad, with a great national pool of talent. The biggest task of all for me will be to narrow down to a 23-man squad, as clearly, there is an abundance of quality players at my disposal.

Stand-out players: Mert Asik, Ahmet Söyler, Cem Özbag, Onur Yagli, Nuri Sahin, Emrah Tasdemir

Due to our attacking prowess, I'm pondering using a three at the back formation; something of which I've yet to use on this career (or ever, come to think of it!). It may take a bit of tinkering to get things right, but the set-up below looks like a good base to start with. I've got a couple of friendlies coming up, to play around with things, and attempt to get them working, although I may revert to a variation of 4-5-1 if it leaves us overly exposed at the back.

TurkeyTactics_TeamInstructions-1.png

I agree with your statemtent regarding youth, it has always been my recruitment policy in FM games and you CAN win with kids LOL.

Good try in the World Cup with the 'Roos and good luck with Turkey.

Cheers, dkpark51. Hopefully it all works out, feeling quietly confident going into the new season.

Big transfer window for you.

It's interesting that you have a Winger and an Inside Forward, I prefer to have them the same. How do you find it? It obviously worked well last season, like you said.

I think it works well, especially if you're playing a lone striker, as it makes for quite a fluid attack, with all three chipping in with plenty of goals and assists between them. I also have the two wide players swapping position, which helps to prevent them both being man-marked out of the game, and makes our attack slightly less predictable.

Some terrific buys there. Same policy as I use - get them in as teenagers and grow them yourself. Marcus Tubbs looks a steal and a future England player.

And don't forget my home is on the line. Fail and I come looking for you :D

I'll try my best :D I'll put a shift in at your local soup kitchen if things don't turn out well though :D

Ferrer looks a fantastic player.

He's immense! Considering he's only 19, and has already been capped 12 times by Spain, he going to be one of the very best. £18.5m might turn out to be the bargain of the century!

How on earth does Cem Ozbag have so few caps? He is an absolute beast!

3 at the back does actually work, if you have the attacking players to compensate. Look at my thread for proof.

Yeah, I'm a bit confused by that too. The previous manager played a 4-3-3, so I suppose he didn't fit in to that formation all that well. It's pretty safe to say he'll be a regular in my team, especially as he's one of Real Madrid's best players too, and has the creativity and guile to be one of the most influencial players on the pitch.

Quick question about your formation...do you use any player specific instruction or just the team ones that you show?

I do tinker a bit, but mainly, I just use the default player instructions. I like to use the 'swap position' function regularly, whether this is swapping two strikers, or getting the wingers to play on the opposition flanks, and may adjust a few instructions dependant on the individual, but that's it really. I've found too much tinkering gets really confusing, and can be counter-intuitive at times.

I love the look of Tubbs. Hopefully, you'll go far this season!

Thanks Deisler. I'm hoping Tubbs turns out to be a Jan Molby-esque midfielder (minus the pie eating :D), who can sit in the middle of the park and dictate the play. Should be a future England international too.

Ahmed Soyler - wow! That's a player I wish I had on my team!

I'm really lucky to have Söyler in the squad, as it's essential we have an excellent defensive minded midfielder to protect our back three. He's also got a great passing range, which is really useful for starting our attacks.

Turkey looks to have a very good team. Will be interesting to see how you get on. Two poachers too I see.

Yeah, I did start my first match with two poachers, as I was hoping that the AMC could sit in the hole and look to play either of them in on a regular basis. It didn't really work as expected, with the two of them getting in each others way, so I've reverted to a poacher/target man combination, which has been a lot more fruitful.

Some very good players in that Turkey team. Should storm that group.

Quite an interesting formation and not one I have seen before. How are the CB's working out? With 3 of them all on the same duty I would think they get in each others way. If I use 3 CB's I always like to have the centre one either as a stopper or on cover duties.

Some very good players in that Turkey team. Should storm that group.

Quite an interesting formation and not one I have seen before. How are the CB's working out? With 3 of them all on the same duty I would think they get in each others way. If I use 3 CB's I always like to have the centre one either as a stopper or on cover duties.

Talented Turkish squad there.

I'm intrigued by your formation. Do you play quite narrow and how is 3 at the back working out? I've never tried 3 CBs in any of my games before.

Looking forward to see how your turkey adventure plans out

Cheers :thup:

My Turkey formation is still very much a work in progress, as I'm still making small adjustments after every game. The centre-backs are all still on defend duty, as I want a flat back-three, so we can play offside, and I've definitely decided against playing a 'stopper', as with a holding midfielder already in the team, he should pick up anyone playing in between the lines.

It's a long time since I've played three at the back, and I'm quite enjoying seeing matches from a slightly different perspective. I wouldn't say we play particularly narrowly, as both wide midfielders are encouraged to get down their respective touchline, but most of our scoring opportunities do still find their way from the centre of our midfield. So far, I've yet to come across any major concerns either, but then I suppose we won't get any kind of real test until the European Championship.

Liverpool F.C.

676.png

Mid-Season Update 2022/23

Barclays Premier League: 2nd

UEFA Champions League Group G: 1st

Fixtures

BarclaysPremierLeagueOverview_Stages-1.png

UEFAChampionsLeagueOverview_Stages-1.png

As strong as we look at the half way stage, I must say we've certainly not had luck on our side this season. It took four games to secure our first victory on the road, dropping points away to Tottenham, Fulham and Blackpool, in matches in which we were clearly the better side, and only eventually conceding through a set-piece. It wasn't even if my players were uninterested, or having a flaky day, I'm convinced we only lost due to bad luck, as we totally dominated the proceedings in every aspect! I shouldn't really complain though, as we are still very much in the title race, and only one point behind the leaders. Once again, we've put in some excellent performances against the league's elite, seeing off Chelsea and Arsenal at Anfield, and also beating Man City in a real six-pointer, on Boxing Day, at the Etihad. How crucial that result may be, as if the scoreline had been reversed, we'd be seven points behind them, and facing a big uphill battle. The most pleasing aspect of the season so far has to be our league defensive record, with us only conceding seven goals in the twenty fixtures played. This has made us extremely difficult to beat, proven by the fact that we are currently on a sixteen games unbeaten run. Long may it continue, as we could find ourselves right up there still come May, although we may have to struggle through January and February when the Diallo's and Ismail (my Egyptian 'keeper) are on African Cup of Nation duty. The squad is still good enough to cope, but any team would miss their two best players when absent for a prolong period; let's hope Egypt and Ivory Coast have an early exit!

We've got Sampdoria up next in the Champions League, and must have a great chance of making the latter stages of the competition. Not that we should under-estimate a side who has finished second in Serie A for three seasons in a row, though, but I do quietly fancy our chances against them, especially considering we finished top of a group containing the holders, Real Madrid. After beating Los Merengues 2-0 in the Euro Super Cup, I knew we'd have a decent chance against them in the group stage fixtures, so it wasn't too surprising when we beat them at Anfield. We may have lost in the Bernabeu, but due to our earlier results, including a double over Shakhtar Donetsk, that game was a dead rubber, and had no affect on the overall group standings.

Good European going.
Good start to the season!

Thanks, I'm pleased about with how things have gone so far. I just hope a few sloppy results won't hurt us to the same affect as last season.

Sat nicely in 2nd place there mate and good going in Europe. Reaking the rewards of being a great club :cool: haha.

How are Hoffenheim performing?

Hoffenheim have had quite a torrid time recently. They were relegated in 2011/12, staying in 2. Bundesliga until achieving promotion in 2017/18. They've yo-yoed ever since, and currently find themselves in the bottom three of the Bundesliga.

Going very well so far even with those draws away from home, looks like you have one mean defence although looking at Ferrer i'm not surprised.

Hopefully you can push on in the second half of the season and also go far in the CL, good luck!

Ta for the comments :thup:

It's a really competitive league, this season, with any of the top four teams capable of walking away with the trophy. I've finished the season now, and should have an update later tonight, especially if the Wigan vs Man City (real life!) game turns out to be a drab 0-0!

Liverpool F.C.

676.png

Season Review 2022/23

Competitions

Barclays Premier League: 1st

Position Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

BarclaysPremierLeagueOverview_Stages-2-1.png

UEFA Champions League: Runners-Up | FA Cup: 3rd Round | Carling Cup: Quarter-Final

Season Summary

Match of the Season Highlights:

(Final game of the season, and title showdown)

It was a nerve-racking and nail-biting end to the season, but what a great way to lift the title. Going into the deciding game of the campaign, we were sat on 88 points, a point behind Man City, knowing that we would have to beat the leaders on the final day of the season if we were going to win the league; a draw or a defeat, and the trophy would be going back on the coach to The Etihad Stadium. City took the lead after 17 minutes, and my heart began to sink as they continued to easily control possession and the tempo of the match. The biggest team-talk of my career (so far) followed, and thankfully, we regained parity straight after the restart; I must have said something right then! A couple of substitutions followed, including the introduction of super-sub Pablo Marquina, who banged in

two goals in five minutes to shell-shock the visitors, and catapult us right to the top of the Premier League when it mattered the most! Truly magical scenes!

I can't underestimate how crucial our defensive record has been to our success this season. We only conceded 14 league goals over the course of the campaign, beating Chelsea's record of 15 from the 2004/05 season, and what makes this more remarkable is the fact that we conceded four of them all in one game at Old Trafford. Utd may have won the bragging rights that day, but we've certainly put them back in their place now.

After winning the league, any success we may have achieved in the Champions League would have been the icing on top of a very large cake. One could argue that we were extremely lucky with the draw in the knockout stages, avoiding the likes of Barcelona, Man City, Arsenal and AC Milan, but we still had to beat the teams pitched in front of us, and Sampdoria, Lyon and Bayern Munich all gave us very competitive games. However, whether by luck or judgement, we still made it all the way to the Champions League final, where we would face Real Madrid for the fourth time this season. We bossed the game from start to finish, but once we had missed our second half penalty, I had a feeling that it just wouldn't be our day. After 90 minutes, the match was still at stalemate, proceeding into extra time, before being settled by the dreaded penalty shoot-out. In the end, Madrid's players kept their nerve better than ours did, winning the trophy 4-2 on spotkicks. I'm not too disheartened though; it was completely unexpected to have such a run in this competition, and considering the effort the players put into the final league game of the season, six days previously, I really can't question their commitment to the club.

Financial

Bank Balance: £68.3m

Average Attendance: 52649 | Season Ticket Holders: 35225

Very much as it was last season, and the season before. If the balance drops too low, the chairman will bump it up with the odd £10m, but we're pretty much self-sufficient now, as long as we continue to qualify for the Champions League every season. I've asked for the stadium to be expanded, which was provisionally agreed by the board, but has now been blocked by the local authority. It seems as if Anfield has been maxed out now, and a new stadium will be needed if we are to continue to grow.

Squad

Squad Overview | Transfer Summary

Team of the Year | Overall Best Eleven

Fan's Player of the Year: Sébastien Corchia

Manager's Player of the Year: Sébastien Corchia

Top Goalscorer: Eric Diallo (17 goals)

We didn't have one ultra-consistent player over the course of the season, instead most players going through peaks and troughs in their form. This led to me having to regularly juggle the starting line-up, meaning that the majority of the first team squad all got plenty of game time. The pick of the players have to be our full-backs

Mihael Baca, and captain, Sébastien Corchia, who both had terrific season's, not just in the back four, but going forward too. Another player thrust into the limelight this season was Pedro Correia; not normally a first choice winger, but due to a combination of injuries and Cup of Nations call-ups, he found himself right in the thick of things, and boy, did he put on a good show, contributing with 14 goals and 11 assists.

Crucially, I signed another striker in the January transfer window. With Eric Diallo being called up for Ivory Coast duties, I thought I may be a tad light in this area of the squad if we encountered any winter injuries, and was prepared to spend up to £15m if a suitable player was available. Due to abject league performances, Schalke's Pablo Marquina was offered to me for a misery £9.25m. For that price, and the fact he was a German international, I was willing to take the risk on a player who I didn't know all that much about. 12 goals in 15 appearances since, including four against Blackpool, and the two crucial goals against Man City, this player will already go down as a legend in Liverpool FC folklore, and the best piece of business I've done all year.

Other News

Kingstonian - Survived their first season back in League Two with an 18th place finish.

Hull - Military mid-table. 14th in The Championship.

Fulham - Finished 7th in the Premier League, but no European qualification.

Career Summary

[size=2]Season     Team              League                   Finish    Cups                             
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Unemployed
2012/13    Kingstonian       Blue Square Bet South    3rd       FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round, FA Trophy 2nd Round
2013/14    Kingstonian       Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd       FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy 1st Round
2014/15    Kingstonian       npower League Two        16th      FA Cup 1st Round, Carling Cup 1st Round, JPT 1st Round
2015/16    Kingstonian       npower League Two        17th**    **Resigned 19/12/2015
          Hull City         npower League One        6th       FA Cup 4th Round
[/size]2016/17    Hull City         npower League One        1st       FA Cup 1st Round, Carling Cup 1st Round, JPT Winner
2017/18    Hull City         npower Championship      2nd       FA Cup 5th Round, Carling Cup 2nd Round
2018/19    Fulham            Barclays Premier League  5th       FA Cup Semi-Final, Carling Cup Semi-Final
2019/20    Fulham            Barclays Premier League  7th       Europa League 2nd KO Rd, FA Cup 6th Rd, Carling Cup 3rd Rd
2020/21    Fulham            Barclays Premier League  8th**     **Resigned 13/11/2020
          Liverpool         Barclays Premier League  6th       Europa League 1st KO Rd, FA Cup 5th Rd
2021/22    Liverpool         Barclays Premier League  3rd       Europa League Winners, FA Cup 4th Rd, Carling Cup QF
2022/23    Liverpool         Barclays Premier League  1st       Champions League Runner-Up, FA Cup 3rd Rd, Carling Cup QF

Archived