FM12 - Barnsley F.C - Aiming for Mid-Table for a Change!

lewis999

0,,10309~2810615,00.jpg

About Barnsley Football Club

Barnsley Football Club are a professional English football club based in the town of Barnsley, South Yorkshire. Nicknamed 'The Tykes', they were founded in 1887 under the name Barnsley St. Peter's. The club colours are red and white, and their home ground since 1888 has been Oakwell.

History

Barnsley have spent more seasons in the second tier of English football than any other club in history and have produced some notable talents over the years who have gone on to be successful at other clubs. One example is Tommy Taylor, who was a prolific goalscorer for Barnsley in the early 1950s and went on to win two league titles with Manchester United (as well as scoring 16 times in 19 England internationals) before losing his life in the Munich air disaster. Taylor's move to Manchester United was for a then world-record fee of £29,999.

Modern times

Over the past two decades Barnsley have experienced a number of highs and lows as a football club. At the end of the 1996-97 season Barnsley reached the top tier of English Football for the first time in their history. However, they were relegated the following season despite their efforts. They are one of few clubs to have completed only one season overall in the top flight (the others are Glossop, Leyton Orient, Northampton Town and Carlisle United in the old First Division era and Swindon Town in the Premier League era).

In the following years Barnsley were not as successful, with relegation to Division Two and administration both threatening the existence of the club. Barnsley suffered greatly due to the ITV Digital crisis, resulting in the club going into administration in 2002. A late purchase from Barnsley's then Mayor, Peter Doyle, saved the club from folding. Doyle has since left the club, leaving Gordon Shepherd and local businessman Patrick Cryne in control. There has also been a rapid turnover of managers, with no less than ten managers in the same number of years.

Barnsley had the distinction of playing in the last play-off final at Wembley before the stadium was closed for redevelopment, and in 2006 won in a play-off final at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, where they beat Swansea City 4–3 on penalties (2–2 after extra-time) to earn promotion to the Championship. The manager at this time was Andy Ritchie, who was in his first season in charge after replacing Paul Hart.

The team struggled in their first season back in the Championship. In November 2006, with Barnsley in the relegation zone, Ritchie was sacked in favour of Simon Davey. Davey managed to steer the team away from relegation in the second half of the season, and eventually finishing in 20th. The following season, a much-changed Barnsley side managed an historic FA Cup run, beating Premier League giants Liverpool 2–1 at Anfield and defending champions Chelsea 1–0 in order to reach the semi-finals for the first time since 1912, where they narrowly lost out 1–0 to fellow Championship side Cardiff City at Wembley.

Barnsley narrowly avoided relegation from the Championship that season, and after a disappointing start to the 2009/10 season Simon Davey was sacked in favour of former Rotherham United boss Mark Robins.

In May 2011, after a difficult 2010/2011 season and a disagreement with the board over finances for the forthcoming season, Mark Robins resigned as manager. He was replaced by highly-rated Rochdale manager Keith Hill and his assistant David Flitcroft.

The Squad

The squad in Football Manager this year has a lot of new faces because of the new manager bringing in his own targets, so selling them if they aren't good enough is out of the question. There are a few player's that are good enough for this level if used properly, but there are also a lot of player's that are nowhere near good enough for this level and would probably struggle in league one, so a lot of snatch and grab results and free transfers will be the order of the season.

The best player's in the current team are :

Danny Haynes - Updated this year as he has shown good performances at the latter end of last season.

Steve Foster - Been here for a good few seasons now and is proving to be a solid championship defender, not blessed with too much pace but has the right stats to play in a deep line.

Nathan Doyle - ​A great all round player for this division and can play in an abundance of positions which is extremely useful ahead of the gruelling championship schedule.

A little note I thought I should share that I have just discovered myself is that Daniel Drinkwater and Miles Addison both return to their parent clubs in January which was a bit depressing as they have both performed brilliantly. I will obviously try to re-loan them, but if it isn't possible I will let other's know so they can line up other replacements.

Target's

As is the same every year, Barnsley aren't blessed with a lot of money which is why it is a good challenge, but also they have no debt so your not paying money out each month which is a massive bonus. If you can find a few player's worth 50-100k who are experienced, then by all means bring them in, but don't pay out if they will only be a squad player as saving money is the #1 priority right away.

A few player's I would recommend bringing in to strengthen the squad are as follows :

J'Lloyd Samuel - The experienced LB is now a free agent after leaving Bolton, he is by no means a superstar but doesn't demand much wages so is a great buy to push Jay McEveley for places.

Richard Hughes - Again not a superstar by any stretch but has played in the premiership when he was younger so you know you will get 110% for this hard-working DM/MLC.

Michael McIndoe - The MLC/AMLC is no stranger to Oakwell as he was here in the 2006/07 but after a successful season individually Wolves came in with a loan move, with a view to a permanent and as was predicted he went to the premier league. He boasts great mental attributes and solid technical attributes, not the fastest, but can do a great job.

Danny Webber - The ex-Man Utd trainee is another player that would be a great signing, he is another free agent after his Portsmouth contract ran out last season. The striker has great determination and athleticism for the championship and is best when assigned the poacher role.

Marco Materazzi - The best free agent DC out there for this level, although famous by being headbutted, the world cup winner boasts un-rivalled mental attributes, along with great, tackling, marking, heading and jumping. Not the most mobile defender and is very aggressive, but he is a leader and these sort of player's are what you need if you are going to try and push for the play-offs if possible.

There are obviously a lot more that I haven't wrote down, forgot about, not seen as it's a new game, but the ones I saw and went for myself. All on reasonable wages and performing well.

Loans

You can have 4 domestic long term loans per season so I would recommend making full use of that early on to get points on the board. Barnsley already have Miles Addison and Daniel Drinkwater on loan from Derby and Man Utd respectively and are both players that are easily capable for the championship and will prove two of your best player's. Other's to look at are :

Andros Townsend - AML/ST - Very pacey player from Tottenham that would be a very dangerous player to have in the championship.

Francis Coquelin - DMC/MC - Very strong mentally, the Arsenal prospect has the qualities to succeed in the championship despite only being 20 years old.

Jay Spearing - MC - The Liverpool midfielder is another who is fantastic in the mental department, along with great stamina and tackling abilities.

The lads above are just three that I would take a look at.

Formation

4-4-2, 4-4-2 (With LW and RW), 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1 are all perfectly usable if you ask the player's to learn positions they are competent in. I would make Danny Haynes your main focal point in attack as he will get you nearly all your goals and Goran Lovre and Daniel Drinkwater your two main midfielders. The defence is probably your most in-depth position thought with 3-4 central defenders, 2 good right backs in Doyle and Hassell and 2 good left backs should you bring in J'Lloyd Samuel as I said above.

Final Word

Barnsley is a perfect challenge, with no debt's to put you off, a very patient and a non-interfering chairman coupled with a hard re-building job it's a very worthy one to take on should you be a very determined manager.

Finally if you need or want any further advice as I come from Barnsley, watch them occasionally and have already started my own save with them, just reply underneath and I will help the best I can.

Spectemur Agendo

'Let us not be judged by our acts'

Just come to the end of the first season and managed to win the championship, most of it down to playing on the counter attack in a 4-2-3-1 with Danny Haynes playing as the 1 and scoring 35 goals in 46 games. He was helped by Goran Lovre, Doyle my penalty taker, few headed goals from my CB's, Jim O'Brien and Craig Davies. A screenshot of the league is below.

npowerchampionshipoverv.png

League Cup

We did very well in the league cup, got as far as the semi finals with wins over Sunderland, a very lucky one over Everton and a comfortable win over Norwich.

That set us up with a semi-final against Chelsea who didn't pull any punches in the first leg with a very strong team, I went for damage limitations and lost 2-0. The second leg came round and when I saw their team I was licking my lips as they had fielded an U18 team with Paulo Ferreira and Hilario in there.

I now had a decision to make, do I go for it as the opponent are weak and try to overturn the deficit quickly or do I play as I usually do in the championship and play it like one of those games where I would win 3 and 4-0. I went for the second option and straight away in nearly paid dividends with Jim O'Brien getting in down the right, only for Hilario to make not only one wonder save but to get back across his goal for the second one to keep out Haynes.

It ended 0-0 even though we should of had 3 or 4 goals but Hilario had one of those games, ohh well, semi's weren't too bad.

F.A Cup

In the F.A Cup, we got to the third round and faced Huddersfield in the 3rd round replay after drawing with them a fortnight before 3-3, that result I was very disappointed with. The replay went to extra time with them nicking it in the 2nd to last minute 1-0. Wasn't at all happy about that but it gave my player's a much needed breather for the championship campaign.

Survival In The Premiership

Obviously I had to strengthen massively and got 18m to do so which was reasonable. I went for a mid-table finish. I was lacking massively in the defence department so I quickly went for Martin Montoya from Barcelona who was a free agent who has good potential. (He did on FM11 anyway!) There is a screenshot underneath of the signings, some of which, in all honesty were panic buys as I needed depth really badly, they aren't poor player's just not as good as I usually try and buy.

The Signings :

barnsleytransfershistor.png

Signed a few player's for the reserves on free transfers who have good potential my scouts say. I hopefully have Cesare Bovo and Manuel Blasi on their way in the coming days who are both brilliant player's for the premiership and are both free agents.

Really glad with the signings of Steven Fletcher and Kevin Thomson who cost me 925k from Middlesborough after they were, very unexpectedly, relegated from the Championship. Also the loan signing of Boyata was not just pleasing but very much needed in the centre of defence.

I will do more regular updates in the next season although it seems like no-one wants to give little old Barnsley a try this year either. If anyone has got this far, then give it a go with the next game you try, it will seem difficult but it's definitely possible with the right transfers.

Nice work on the guide Lewis, and well done on the promotion :thup:, ive decided to have a crack with barnsley and have been assessing the squad, the defence and central midfield areas look very strong and haynes, Gray and Davies all look capable up front, i like to play 442 and have noticed the weakest area appears to be the left side of midfield, im thinking perhaps of playing O'brien down the left and Butterfield on the right, did you use a flat 442 at all in your promotion campaign?, it looks like Doyle and Drinkwater are the best central partnership.

Nice work on the guide Lewis, and well done on the promotion :thup:, ive decided to have a crack with barnsley and have been assessing the squad, the defence and central midfield areas look very strong and haynes, Gray and Davies all look capable up front, i like to play 442 and have noticed the weakest area appears to be the left side of midfield, im thinking perhaps of playing O'brien down the left and Butterfield on the right, did you use a flat 442 at all in your promotion campaign?, it looks like Doyle and Drinkwater are the best central partnership.

Great stuff, at least one person's having a go. I didn't use a flat 4-4-2 at all, I used a counter attacking 4-2-3-1 with Haynes up front as an advanced forward because of his very high work rate. I sometimes used a 4-4-2 with high wingers. If you do well and you get to January I had the chance to loan Keiran Gibbs from Arsenal to play on my LW, that way I could employ him as a defensive winger if I needed to hold out on a result.

I sold Andy Gray straight away as he is on 7k per week which is a lot for Barnsley and there are better options. Craig Davies is a competent enough Target Man - Attack. I hardly used Butterfield as I signed a South African midfielder for 500k (£0 + 500k) called Andile Jali who is now worth 3.5m and is being looked at by big european clubs. The left hand side of midfield is the weakest area and I would look to try and get a loan in for there or a free agent.

Drinkwater and Addison both leave in January so I would look for replacements when the time comes round.

First game in the Premier League and a very respectable draw at Old Trafford 1-1, I thought Berbatov had won it for them in the 4th minute with my team struggling to create any real chances but my team kept plugging away and equalised in the 87th minute. Good job it's late or I would of woken my whole house up. :D

Great result Lewis, im still in pre season sorting things out...im a slow player im afraid, ive decided to use 3 formations that suit the current squad 424, 451 and your recomended 4231, my first two pre season games ive banged in 9 goals and conceded 0, haynes as you say excels in the advanced forward role, gray and davies are both good in the target man support role in the 424....providing lots of assists and chipping in with goals, also a suprise is Matty Done who really has impressed in the Aml role.

As i play with transfer budgets turned off (i like the realism!!), im going to work with the current squad until january, i will draw up a shortlist of targets for then and try to extend Drinkwater and Addison's loans until the end of the season.

On the subject of Butterfield, i have found he plays really well as an advanced playmaker (support), so i have good cover for drinkwater.

I have brought in a good chief scout in Ian Bowyer (ex forest coach) and currently on the look out for a first team coach to help out Flitcroft.

Good luck!!, hope your premiership campaign goes well.

I never gave Matty Done a chance as I brought in an ex-Barnsley player in Michael McIndoe who doesn't have great pace but creates a lot with his final ball and creativity. Glad Done is doing well for you though as he looks impressive in real life too. Thanks, hope you get off to a great start too. Mark Chamberlain (Alex-Oxlades Dad) is a great coach to get, he's good at the tactical side of things and helps a lot. Doesn't want a load of wages either.

Just Started with Barnsley as I'm a local Barnsley Fan and always try to have a go with them every year. Going for a standard 4-4-2, but need someone to fill in LM. Any suggestions?

Michael McIndoe is a good option, free agent, hasn't got bags of pace but has a lot of creativity and is a good crosser of the ball. There might be a few good options at Premier League clubs as well for loans. Didn't look past McIndoe for my AML spot so I can't help much there sorry mate. In the current squad Butterfield is competent there if you want him to learn that position, I think McEveley is another that is competent at ML too if you want a defensive option.

Lost to Chelsea earlier in a tough period which pitted me against Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham, 4 points out of the three games with a lucky win against Arsenal made me a happy manager. Have got Man City (League Cup) and Liverpool in the next 3 games so hopefully get all of them out of the way for a while.

2nd Season Update

Just coming upto January the 1st and have a few player's coming in a day. Have the highly rated Carlos Fierro coming for a combined total of 4.7m. He will come in and be my first choice poacher along side Steven Fletcher.

I have won a lot of games by one goal as the league table below shows in my goal difference compared to all the big guns around me. We have either been 1-1, 0-0 up until the 80th minute and then nicking it late thanks to fresh legs and counter attacking or getting early goal leads and sitting on them and making teams play through us and countering. Hope it carries on as it has done.

Just got beat by Man City 2-1 in the 83rd minute to a penalty, they had more shots and chances but we had an impressive 61% possession due to us not giving their 3 AMC's any time or space on the ball. We deserved a draw I thought which was disappointing.

League Table

englishpremierdivisionoo.png

Unbelievable, just managed to beat Man Utd 1-0 thanks to a magnificent counter attack that resulted in the on-loan John Fleck smashing it past David De Gea to give us a fantastic win.

Dominated them as well, and we looked very dangerous when we were trying to control the game and play through them as well as on the counter attack.

barnsleyvmanutdinformat.png

If I knew how to upload the goal to show it I would but obviously I'm not a computer wizard so just the images will have to do.

Just thought I'd say thank you for the win yesterday :D It was a much needed 3 points from our side of things.

Haha, it's usually the way Barnsley do things, put in good performance and get good results against the side's up near the top and lose against sides near the bottom.

End of Season 2 Update

Managed to cling on to 5th place in the Premier League as the big teams around us had to play each other at the end of the season.

englishpremierdivisiono.png

Didn't do brilliantly in both domestic cups again. Got battered in the 5th round of the FA Cup against Liverpool and it could of been 5+.

In the Carling Cup we got knocked out in the 4th round against Man City so the draw wasn't kind to us really in both.

Pre - Season : Year 2013/2014

The board announced that my ground was getting expanded by 8,500 seats for a total cost of 10m which was a bit of good news. I got a budget of 15m for the season which was a nice amount. There was a lot of outs and in's as well as you can see below.

barnsleytransfershistor.png

Looking at the total value of the transfers in and out I should, theoretically have close to 20m to spend but because we were in the red before I sold Andile Jali to Juventus, I only got 20% of the 12.5m put into my transfer budget which may be a good thing as I probably would of gone silly on regens or player's I may not of needed.

Deliberated a lot on whether to sell Jali as he was a big player for me but in Verratti, Gonalons and Marrone we have 3 player's who have brought in added strength in depth at a fraction of Jali's price so in terms of business sense, it had to be done as we now have a healthy stack of money I can turn to in January if needed.

Im doing a save with barnsley as they are the team im a fan of.

I'm playing a 433/451 with a dm (doyle) deepplaying playmaker (butterfield, think fm have that one wrong as hes a am then cm attacking playmaker who can play on either side as a playmaker) and a advanced playmaker (drinkwater)

i play a ram(o'brien) and lam (aluko)

Also i think steeles underrated on the game again.

will put more about

Im doing a save with barnsley as they are the team im a fan of.

I'm playing a 433/451 with a dm (doyle) deepplaying playmaker (butterfield, think fm have that one wrong as hes a am then cm attacking playmaker who can play on either side as a playmaker) and a advanced playmaker (drinkwater)

i play a ram(o'brien) and lam (aluko)

Also i think steeles underrated on the game again.

will put more about

I never tried that formation, but i'm sure people will have a lot of success with it, especially first season as Barnsley have a lot of midfielders, all that is needed is a left winger. It can also be turned into a 4-1-4-1 if you need to hold on to a lead without too much penalty on the match preparation screen familiarity levels.

Eventually when I put together a strong team that can challenge consistently for Champions League football (maybe next season) I will be looking to play the same formation as yourself and also a 4-2-3-1 which is my favourite, so those two will be my formations for different games when I have the personnel to do so.

Good luck mate.

Only problem with that save is it's on the computer and i don't play much on the computer mostly on the laptop. I thought it was on the laptop when i was righting the post on my phone. Might start a new save on my laptop with Barnsley on the laptop which i play on a lot.

I think your right lewis tbh, Keith Hill brought the squad together with not many strikers but a lot of players in the central midfield area. I think its so we can have a bit more stability in the middle and try to control games a little bit more.

How have the younger players gone lewis?

Rnl's the one that most barnsley fans are excited about but clark and rose are rated a bit on the game but not as highly as many barnsley would like to see. Also digbys not rated at all in the same which surprised me a little.

Only problem with that save is it's on the computer and i don't play much on the computer mostly on the laptop. I thought it was on the laptop when i was righting the post on my phone. Might start a new save on my laptop with Barnsley on the laptop which i play on a lot.

I think your right lewis tbh, Keith Hill brought the squad together with not many strikers but a lot of players in the central midfield area. I think its so we can have a bit more stability in the middle and try to control games a little bit more.

How have the younger players gone lewis?

Rnl's the one that most barnsley fans are excited about but clark and rose are rated a bit on the game but not as highly as many barnsley would like to see. Also digbys not rated at all in the same which surprised me a little.

I've played with RNL in the U16's a few years ago and he can be very hit and miss. Sometimes produce world class delivery or dribbling and then can go to not being able to pass 5 yards. Not seen much of the other lads really.

We need more people playing Barnsley games so make a save on the laptop and tell us all how you get on, we have to start with a few people to get others to read and try it themselves.

I will

I was more on about in the game lewis with you already on the 3rd season?

Irl i think RNL can be as good as he wants to be. He's still only 19 and as improved a lot since i started watching him in the last 3 years or so. He looks a proper man now which is something he must have worked on towards the end of last season.

Got MOTM against doncaster too last season.

Ok not on the laptop so i can't tell you much but i have 29 points from 13 games.

Got knocked out of of league cup second round against Bristol city.

Got sone aluko on a free whos been very good. Also got Amdy Faye to play dm who's playing well.

Haynes 7 in 13 games. Missed a few though.

just started this game over the weekend and am finding it very easy tbh. just beat villa in the league cup final having beaten arsenal, chelsea and sunderland all away from home. in the league i am 7 pts clear with a game in hand after 32 games.

barnstable.jpg

barnstrans.jpg

barnscupfinal.jpg

im finding it quite hard tbh

just ended 2nd season about to start 3rd. released 10/15 players and sold haynes for 2.4 million. he was my highest earner at 6.5k and i lost about 1.5 mil but he was highest goalscorer on champ second with 26 and 29 in first season so it was a tough thing to do.

still got to sign 5 players maybe 6 to have my 22 players. ive got 2 good keepers though. Joe Lewis and Mikel Anderson, former Posh and Royals players.

Also got Nigel Hasselbaink who i hope will fill the big boots of haynes and Stevie May, not played May much but when i tried to loan him out a few champ clubs wanted him so he must have something.

Unbelievable, just managed to beat Man Utd 1-0 thanks to a magnificent counter attack that resulted in the on-loan John Fleck smashing it past David De Gea to give us a fantastic win.

Dominated them as well, and we looked very dangerous when we were trying to control the game and play through them as well as on the counter attack.

barnsleyvmanutdinformat.png

If I knew how to upload the goal to show it I would but obviously I'm not a computer wizard so just the images will have to do.

In reply to that. You need a Youtube account. If you do, then on FM, where the bar at the top is under the calander which has your name (L Hawley), then go to Social Network. On there, sign into your Youtube account.

Then go onto the match you want to upload a video from. Along the tab on the match menu, go to upload highlights. From there there is a list of goal(s) on the page which you can select the goal you want to upload and it will be listed underneath on the left hand side. Then pick the camera angle etc you want and the next tab will say view highlight. Change this to upload and it will procede to do so.

Walla, done. Afterwards, you click something and it takes you to the direct link. It may say you need to wait a few minutes or something but keep trying & it will pop up. Then on here post the link for the video but make sure you upload it in a video URL which is next to the web link, message etc above the post box :thup:.

I personally, as a Liverpool fan would love to see a goal against Man Utd :D.

• 1 month later...

No mate, look at the dates of the transfers, they are pre-season second season. I will put a screenshot up of the first season transfer in's and out's now, I think from memory I spent 500k on one player (all over 48months) and sold 88k worth of player's.

I didn't put a screenshot up of the first season transfers as I spoke about them more so didn't think it was necessary, 2 seconds while I load the game up. :)

Started with Barnsley after today's excellent win!

Lost my first game away 3-2 at Bristol City, was very unlucky but pleased with the effort that the team gave.

Second game I beat Notts County in the league cup at home 2-1, fielded a team of rotation and young players.

Third game an excellent 2-1 home win againt Middlesbrough.

Really pleased with that.

Brought in Adam Drury on loan from Norwich, Moreno on loan from Leicester, Teko Modise for £200K from Sundowns and Manasseh Ishiaku on a free transfer. Sold Jay McEveley for £180K to Burnley, Nathan Doyle for £250K to Norwich and Goran Lovre for £60K to Cittadella.

Also, is Reuben Noble-Lazarus worth keeping or not because he is attracting interest from Premiership clubs.

Got offered a million for him but he rejected the contract offer. I've loaned him out to Port Vale for 5 months so I'll see how he gets on there.

30 minutes into a match away at Forest and losing 2-0. As it stands I'm 12th. Danny Haynes and Andy Gray look like they have the potential to form a good partnership up front together.

How does anyone rate Luke Potter? Giving him a game now against Forest and he's at fault for the first goal I conceded.

I think I'll try and offload him in January with a couple of other fringe players. Just brought in former Deportivo midfielder Sergio on a free transfer, hopefully he can calm things down in the midfield and help is keep the ball.

Experimenting with a 4-5-1 at the moment using wingers and a defensive midfielder. Addison is playing in the defensive midfield position and looks very good. Also been really impressed by David Perkins who has just scored a stunner against Doncaster.

Teko Modise seems to disagree with everything I do and is always unhappy with the team talks but he is such a good player and his free kicks are improving. :thup:

Both Addison and Drinkwater returned to their parent clubs.

I'm sitting in 16th, so hopefully I'll stay up. Currently drawing 2-2 at Burnley in the FA Cup 3rd round replay. Playing some fringe players and youngster. The young lad Clark and also Digby look quite good, may try and develop the youth more. It will probably take longer to reach the premiership but may be a better challenge.

Won the cup replay on penalties so it's a trip to the Reebok in the next round. :thup:

Also, terminated the loan of Moreno to free up some wages. He wasn't good enough and just wasn't playing.

Brought in 2 more players to try and halt my run of 4 straight league defeats. Fryers has joined on loan from Manchester United to provide us some defensive cover and Danny Drinkwater has joined from United as well for nothing. Missed out on Matt James who was also transfer listed for nothing by United, Leyton Orient signed him and then sold him on for about £500,000 just 2 days later.

Any idea how Drinkwater develops?

I just managed to win the Quadruple about half an hour ago, looked unlikely at one stage as I was 2-0 down to Madrid in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final's and in the second leg I battered them 3-0. In the final against Marseille I went 1-0 down, had to change a few things and finally won 3-2.

Semi final of the FA Cup against Huddersfield I went 1-0 down and got back in it, then was 2-1 down until the 93rd minute when I managed to score and then win on penalties. Absolutely delighted with the season and my 2 main player's in particular, world beater's.

Decided i'm going to do a little catch up to where I am now and then do seasonal updates from now until whenever. So the last time I did one was the pre-season in the 2013-2014 season. That season I managed to win the Premier League title as shown below :

3A128462294A8E7CB167AE3D6A5ACC28FFB805DB

I also managed to win the Carling Cup against Man Utd 2-1 in the final, can't even remember that game but just had a look and I got lucky. I was knocked out in only the 4th round of the FA Cup that year against Spurs 3-2 after extra time.

Since then I have managed to win the Premier League twice more, I came second in the 2015-16 season to Man City by 2 points which was annoying as I was 1st for all the season and then a stupid sending off cost me against Blackburn with 2 games to go and I got slaughtered 4-0 by Alan Shearer's Blackburn team. Man City then won every game and pipped me.

I have won 2 Carling cups since then too, Man City won the domestic treble in the 2015-16 season as I didn't win one trophy. Been knocked out in the Champions League in the First Knockout round to Lyon in the 2014-15 season as they were just plain and simply way too strong for me and my team.

I got knocked out in the Semi Finals against Man Utd the year before last, I won the first leg 1-0 and then got battered 3-0 in the second leg, their quality showing through. Finally won it this season though with 2 great results which I will show below.

F42EB76CF6AEBB96822DFECE1A3C03F7E1E3CF62

This result is the best on this save so far, I was down and out after the first leg with Ronaldo and Higuain scoring. I didn't try get back into the game, I just made sure I didn't concede any more and tried to nick one on the break. I didn't manage to but did manage to keep them out further. Second leg I dominated them all game and could of been 5 if it wasn't for a 35 year old Casillas performing heroics in their goal.

The next screenshot is the final.

D406F61B9DE25D427A35CF4AA9A33E3BA33F200B

I would be lying if I said I wasn't jumping up and down my room when I was awarded an 85th minute penalty, even more so when Marcao my wonderkid converted it.

I realise the catch up in the previous post was very dis-joined with information coming from everywhere spread out over loads of seasons, if anyone wants any specific screenshots, just ask and i'll get them up when I see your post. Going to post my two best performers from the last year, they both dug me out of holes at different points in the season.

Marcao is my best player marginally, he is so consistent and at some point will win the world player of the year I think.

8839B0763957584E35E5051DA5BF35A4B5F89613

Next is Carlos Fierro, he's not a regen as everyone knows but is my talisman and he's guaranteed a goal when he play's, always have a chance in whatever game when he is playing.

ED6E04BF983FFD0826864D2158EB88F329C363F7

Well done. :thup:

Complete contrast between our managerial experiences at Oakwell.

May actually go back to the save and try and keep the Reds up.

Not sure if you're interested but in every season I have played, I have played with a counter strategy, I played a 4-2-3-1 in the championship with it, I played a 4-3-1-2 in the Premiership for 4 seasons with a counter strategy and only recently changed back to the 4-2-3-1 again with a counter strategy.

It just seems clinical and wipes teams away when you attack at pace, it has been my main tactical mainstay. Always played on the counter.

Archived