Asst. manager now receives awards?

• Administrators

If you don't manage the team on match day, you're really not managing the team - you're more of a director of football ;)

Also you're playing it exactly as you like, you just won't win any awards.

Dumb idea. If I decide the assistant manager should take charge of a game then he wins then MY managerial decision to put him in charge was correct and I should get recognition for it!

Why do SI always have to stop people from playing the game how they like??? :(

Well it was the chairman's decision to employ you, should he get the award ?

If you don't manage the team on match day, you're really not managing the team - you're more of a director of football ;)

Also you're playing it exactly as you like, you just won't win any awards.

Excellent. Takes more enjoyment out of the game! Why can't SI just let us play it how we like without punishing us???

Excellent. Takes more enjoyment out of the game! Why can't SI just let us play it how we like without punishing us???

Nobody is being punished, this is a sensible change. If you aren't managing the team on match days then you're a director of football, thats pretty much fact....

It makes sense, but I do enjoy making use of holiday mode on match-day for easier games to save time, so this does frustrate me a little, I *could* manage and win those games, I just am more interested in getting through the game fast. Now if I holiday past every single game of the season, sure, okay, why not I guess it makes sense, but I think even if you manage just 10/38 games it should still got to you. I mean I pick the tactics, I pick the team, I just find the games too slow at times, and I hate faffing about with speeds to try and speed it up only to have to change them back next game when I actually want to manage.

So I am frustrated by this change, even if it makes sense to a degree.

as an aside... does steam keep a record of how many times you "restart"? Maybe there's a fix in the offing for that too ;)

ugh, I've had way too many instances of not saving and my computer restarting, or Windows Update doing a computer restart without my knowledge to be ok with what a fix to that would probably do.

Nobody is being punished, this is a sensible change. If you aren't managing the team on match days then you're a director of football, thats pretty much fact....

Oh yes. A real game breaker. Would it really matter if it was left alone? The only reason I put the assman in charge is because unlike some I work for a living and have a life. Therefore I do not have the time to micromanage and plod through every single game!!! He's instructed to play MY tactics and where possible MY team selection!

The problem with FM (and it's getting worse) is the developers are only listening to the people who want the game to be harder!

I think this is one case where SI have let a desire for realism overcome what's best for the game, it is a game, it's my (sic) game and I should get the credit for what the managerial staff achieve regardless of how I delegate responsibilities.

The problem with FM (and it's getting worse) is the developers are only listening to the people who want the game to be harder!

Huh? Tactics creator? Tutorial? In-game shouts? Instant team talk feedback? Backroom staff advice? How are things getting harder? :confused:

Huh? Tactics creator? Tutorial? In-game shouts? Instant team talk feedback? Backroom staff advice? How are things getting harder? :confused:

All useless. I don't use any of those whatsoever. MICROMANAGEMENT! Backroom Advice? Youre having a laugh. Button bash! Your supposed to check what they say EVERY DAY??? And after two whole seasons of asking for advice and getting scout reports NOT ONE recommended a player that was better than I already had at Bolton Wanderers!

Any way back on topic... Its a game guys not real-life. If you want it that real then why can you jump straight into the Manchester United job???

I think this is one case where SI have let a desire for realism overcome what's best for the game, it is a game, it's my (sic) game and I should get the credit for what the managerial staff achieve regardless of how I delegate responsibilities.

I personally don't see a problem with it. SI have decided this is the way to go and I fully support their decision. Why not give it a try, you might like it, and there are benefits after all. I have to say I was against it to start with but I have been converted, and I think it is a great step forward. :p

Played FM since it was CM2. Watching games is now consistently boring the pants off me. Hence the need to just let the assman do it and see an instant result.

Why do the matches bore you? I enjoy watching my teams play, it's really entertaining :thup: Surely the whole point of the game is to enjoy the fruits of your labour?

Dumb idea. If I decide the assistant manager should take charge of a game then he wins then MY managerial decision to put him in charge was correct and I should get recognition for it!

Well if you follow that logic then the chairman should take all awards, because it was his idea to hire you...

Well if you follow that logic then the chairman should take all awards, because it was his idea to hire you...

Ah so where does it end? Do you want realism? In that case you'd never be install as the Man Utd manager straight away would you? I wonder how many demanding realism manage the big clubs???

And suppose you ask your assman to pick the team? Shouldn't that be treated the same? Then there's backroom advice and in-game tactical advice froim the assistant. If you take their advice shouldn't they get the credit rather than you?

In fact go out into the World and see what level you can get a management job. Me I can get a level 12 management job but only because I already have 12 years managerial experience in the real world and worked my way up.

But where does it end for non realism? Do you also think we should be allowed to spend our wages on things? Do you think we should be allowed to name our stadiums and even decide the structure? What about ticket prices, even food and drink prices?

I personally think you shouldn't be allowed to holiday during the season (the option should be greyed out). Only allowed to when the players are on holiday during the off season.

I'm pretty sure if SI never had introduced the 'holiday' in FM. And we had people come to these forums asking for it now, they would get flamed rotten for it being such a bad idea.

There's nothing wrong with a CHOICE. Why does it matter to someone else how I choose to play the game? If you don't want to use holiday mode then don't. Simples.

If its an online game then fair enough. But I don't play FM online just in the comfy area known as the couch in front of the TV. ;)

Takes more enjoyment out of the game yet you spend your game time holidaying?

How you play is certainly up to but I think the Ass Man getting the rewards for team managing is right as he is making a lot of the team decisions. I'm just surprised the chairman hasn't asked you to pay back some of your salary :D

lets not get righteous for the love of god! We are talking about a game here! You think it's right for a virtual assistant manager to win a virtual award? Come on, let us play the way we want to play! If I believe that Brazil should play in Europe, they should play in Europe cos I said so! SI you are driving those "older" customers away from this game :(

Takes more enjoyment out of the game yet you spend your game time holidaying?

How you play is certainly up to but I think the Ass Man getting the rewards for team managing is right as he is making a lot of the team decisions. I'm just surprised the chairman hasn't asked you to pay back some of your salary :D

It takes enjoyment out of the game for you but not for me. Thats my point. Chairman can have ALL the wage back for all care. Its just cosmetic anyway ;)

Maybe just take pride in the Ass Mans awards thinking "thats my boy"

PS - I got a champions league medal in the post once, the cheques bounced though

In seriousness I take your point. I think its just an issue of trying to please the majority. Add it to a dreamers thread. The trouble is that we'd probably want some of the known issues resolved first before this being changed. SI no doubt have a Dev spend they have to allocate across many areas. If a lot of FM'ers would the feature you describe then who knows

• 2 weeks later...

So Harry Redknapp is gonna be out for a month or two because of his heart surgery...does that mean he wont get credit for the matches that take place without him....

I have never IRL seen an assistant get awards for Manager of the Month/Year, so I don't know why SI is making up new rules...so I am against this "feature". I think this is actually a bug!!

So Harry Redknapp is gonna be out for a month or two because of his heart surgery...does that mean he wont get credit for the matches that take place without him....

I have never IRL seen an assistant get awards for Manager of the Month/Year, so I don't know why SI is making up new rules...so I am against this "feature". I think this is actually a bug!!

If Spurs are undefeated in that month or 2 then yes the Assistant Manager/Person in charge at the time will be receiving the awards

Im pretty sure Phil Thompson got it when Gerard Houllier was ill???!!!

Nice touch IMO. I cant see the point of Holiday mode, why would you bother playing the game at all? Ive read a few comments, cant be bothered to micro manage etc ect... If you consider playing a match as micro management your playing the wrong game people

Some of the arguments in this thread are bordering the insane. People seriously consider it a flaw when the Ass Man gets the award? It's a design choice in a completely non-crucial area, yet some have their knickers in a twist over this as if it's a disgusting game breaking error on SI's part. It doesn't make the game harder. You play to win games of footy, not to collect a bunch of individual awards.

It's just a slight change, completely irrelevant in the entire scope of the game, for crying out loud. Treat it as such and use a good dose of common sense and reason when you're dishing out over-the-top criticism, in stead of shouting on an internet forum like frustrated teenagers.

This is completely backwards. The whole reason one holidays through games is because they take too long. If all my Assistant Manager does is attend a game and make substitutions, then how do I not get the credit for picking the team and tactics? If you holiday an entire month, then your assistant should get the award, but you holiday four games against some lowertable teams that aren't important, your assistant manager gets the award?

This is ridiculous. If my team is a success, I should get the credit for it. I pick the players, the tactics, the staff, the wages, and I attend the important matches, but my assistant attends a couple matches and gets all the credit. Incredible.

Archived