Paloschi,Sanogo & Curci Free

Subotic £14.5m

Nainggalon £8.75m

K.Asamoah £11.5m

Ter Stegen £15m

S.Papastathopoulos £11m

A.Poli £3.8m

C.Fierro £1.4m

Total £66m (£50m of that over 48 months)

Out

Zlatan £10m

Amelia £3.6m

Abbiati £5.75m

Bonera £2.5m

Strasser £2.5m

Montelongo £1.2m

Aubameyang £2.5m

Cassano £4.5m

Nesta,Gattuso,Ambrosini,V.Bommel,Yepes,Seedorf,Zambrotta,Inzaghi

Total £32.5m

Playing a 4-1-2-1-2 this season and its proving to be very successful, el shaarawy is devoloping nicely

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its best to sell those players because of their high wages, some how with milan I dont think they will ever get rich enough, too much money in loans and high wages. The board are very hard to deal with as well, no chance getting international feeder clubs to help with income.

Finshed the 2nd season

Serie A Winners - Won the league by 15 points. mainly down to pato's goals and a 7-1 victory over juventus

CL - 1st k/o again i cant get past this stage

Supercoppa Winners

TIM Cup - Runners up (Taiwo got sent off in the 1st minute)

Managed to tie down pato to a contract till 2018 on the same wages, robinho will be leaving after wanting 160k a week to sign a new deal with milan

3rd season

Transfers in -

El Shaarawy Co Ownership has ended and is now fully a milan player

Alex Chamberlain £13m

Willian £13m

Lionel Carole £3.3m

Bertolacci £3.6m

Transfers Out -

Robinho £12.75m

Nocerino £14m

K.P.Boateng £12.5m

Didac £4.3m

Playing 4-2-2-2 now

Gk Ter Stegen/Curci

Rb Papastathopoulos/Abate

Cb T.Silva/Subotic/Papastathopoulos/Mexes

Lb Taiwo/Carole

Mc K.Asamoah/Nainggolan/Bertolacci/Poli/Fossati

Am Willian/El Shaarawy/Chamberlain

St Pato/Fierro/Paloschi/Sanogo

Wages down to 1.2m a week

Main aim this year is to win the league and get past the 1st ko round at the 3rd attempt

Rene Adler combined with Baines, Thiago Silva, Rhodolfo & Lovren, have been a second season revelation for my Milan Team. I didnt have the best of first seasons, coming 2nd in league, knocked out in CL & coppa, but these 5 players have totally turned my goal leaking team into a complete defensive unit. Im currently in the January window of the 2nd season and have only conceeded 7 goals in the League. Topped the CL Group stage, and my defense will get the ultimate test in the second round knockout when we go up against Real Madrid.

If anyone is stuggling defensively I suggest purchasing these guys. If anyone has these players i'd love to hear your thoughts also !!

Its best to sell those players because of their high wages, some how with milan I dont think they will ever get rich enough, too much money in loans and high wages. The board are very hard to deal with as well, no chance getting international feeder clubs to help with income.

I disagree with this, since those players were willing to extend contract by one year and accept significant paycuts. But thats me, I like to keep the spirit of the Milan.

I'll give it another go to win Serie A. I want to play diamond 4-1-2-1-2 formation. Last time I couldnt utilise Ibrahimovic to score much, I could use a good advice.

I disagree with this, since those players were willing to extend contract by one year and accept significant paycuts. But thats me, I like to keep the spirit of the Milan.

I'll give it another go to win Serie A. I want to play diamond 4-1-2-1-2 formation. Last time I couldnt utilise Ibrahimovic to score much, I could use a good advice.

As I said before, Ibra is a very tricky player, sometimes performs, sometimes doesn't, either way, his best role is a Complete Forward/Attack. Or you could try him as a Trequartista, and the AMC behind as an Attacking Midfielder/Attack.

I think I found the winner - one of those Brasilian 4-2(DMs)-2(AMs)-2 tactics. Attacking WBs (Abate and Taiwo), two support DMs, two advanced playmakers (Seedorf and Cassano) with support tole, advanced forward Pato and Complete Striker Ibrahimovic. High defense line, short passing, expressive creative freedom and passing through middle. This formation really plays to Milans strengths and helps to use most of the Milan's best players in the field.

With two good playmakers Milan's worldclass strikers have plenty of chances. So far in the league 7-0-0 score for max 21 points, winning vs Udinese and Lazio in the process. Champions league: 2-1 H B. Leverkusen, 2-2 A vs Porto (Hulk scored in 94 mins) and 3 - 1 A vs Trabzonspor for first place in the group with 7 points. Pato scored 11 in 11 matches, Ibrahimovic 4 but he was injured two weeks. Had a fair number of injuries in defense too.

How is Merkel in this game? He has been many people tip for a future world star (evenn Fabio Capello stated that he was one of the best youngsters in the game) but in FM11 he just wasnt that good, and I suspected that this was down to a lack of knowledge on the researchers part. Im hoping he is a wonderkid but I am not holding my breath.

Just over a week to go before I get FM12 and I am stoked! My career goal will be to dominate Serie A and then get another 3 CL trophies and get to 10 in all, making Milan the biggest club on the planet and hopefully dragging Serie A back out of the recent doldrums it's been in. In FM11 I manager to win the CL once in 5 seasons which isnt great, but I spent 2 years not buying any players to try and save the club some cash, still managed to win Serie A in all seasons though.

Other goals -

To have an Italian as possible team - found this really hard in FM11 - I wanted Poli more than anyone but he just wasnt interested in leaving Samp and with him now likely heading to Inter this looks impossible. Can anyone comment in Italian youth and how good I can expect it to be?

I make no bones about it - I want the best superstars money can buy. If I can buy them young, brilliant; if they come through my academy from day one, perfect. This of course means getting the club into a financial position allowing us to upgrade the youth facilities.

I would also like us to move out of San Siro at some point, somehow though I dont ever see that happening.

Think im going to start with 4-1-2-1-2 formation, but eventually I will want wingers and I hope to change the club philosophy on how we play.

In 11, I used both Pato and Ibra as advanced strikers and between them they got the best part of 80 goals, which was an unbelievable amount. Is there anyone who has used them in this game in that role who can comment?

CAnnot wait to play!

Merkel isn't Milan's quality in FM12 it seems, he hardly can get a game in Genoa in my game. Strasser is better than Merkel, but you will still want better players in the team.

About wingers or inside forwards - Milan is terrible like in reality : ). You would have to retrain Pato to AMR (inside forward) for at least a season, and you would still need to buy other players to have subs. Robinho can play AML inside foward but he has poor finishing (13). El-Shaarawy and Emanuelson could become good wingers but mediocre inside forwards since they don't excel in needed attributes.

About Ibra and Pato and 80 goals in this game, I guess it is possible, but not very likely. Pato is goalscoring machine but gets injured way too often and it is hard to make Ibra score a lot.

In terms of Youth, El Shaarawy is your best , get seedorf or robinho to tutor him, depending on where he fits into your team. My golden philosophy for my youth team this game has been to get rid of everyone one of them in the first season except for Valoti, El Shaarawy, resign Paloschi on a free, and retain strasser. Then when the 2nd season begins, go to your search and find promising regens aged 14 to 17, i have managed to build a decent youth team, with 3 to 4 potential stars. I have just finished my 2nd season with milan and my youth team is full off these types of players with a range of italian, spanish, portugese and incoming brazilians when they turn 18. They finished first in the youth league and I played a few of them in the Coppa Italia. I completed the treble with the senior squad also. This method is whats going to make Milan the team it once was in the 90s, I have also managed to get milans reputation to world wide.

Half season update: playing 4-2-2-2 as described in post #113.

League table: 1st with 13-2-3 score and 41 pts. Lost vs Lecce, Fio, Cagliari - complacency and red cards, drew with Inter and Atalanta. Inter, Juve and Udinese follow with 36, 35 and 34 pts.

Champions league: 1st with 4-2-0 score 14pts in a group with Porto, Leverkusen and Trabzonspor. Got Zenit :-) in knockout rounds.

Best players:

Pato: 15 goals, 8 ass in 21(+1sub) matches. 7.39 avg form.

Ibrahimovic: 10 goals, 6 ass in 19(+1sub) matches. 7.03 avg form.

Seedorf 4 goals, 6 assist.

Boaten 3 goals, 6 assist.

Pato 4 MoM, Gatusso 3 MoM 7.25 avg form, Taiwo 3 Mom 7.25 avg form.

Other interesting points: Bought El-Shaarawy for 2,8M euros. Tutored by Ambrosini, he improved Determination to 16 (from 14) and now has resilient personality. He's still far from good for Milan 1st team, I will probably have to loan him.

Bought Willian from Shaktar to replace Seedorf.

Taiwo plays great, he's really good in the game.

I think I will let following players to leave at the end of season: Yepes, Roma, Pippo, Zambrota, Oddo (all well past their peaks) and probably Flamini and Seedorf. Flamini asks for 140k wage but he played only 5 matches in my team, and he managed to get 3 match suspension in the process. I think Seedorf will physically totally drop next season.

i have started my milan save will post an update after the january transfer window, jst want to point out paloschi is on loan in rl so dnt know why he isn't in the game chievo own him, also the researchers for milan obviously aren't great as the youth in milan in the game is very poor and in reality milans youths are good

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just started a AC Milan game, hopefully I can bring Trophies to this great team.

Does anyone have any tips on signings? I have been trying to get Douglas Costa and William from Shakthar.

Any reccomendations would be appreciated, especially for a keeper :).

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

My God, don't know how many years it's been since I last posted on these forums, but here goes :-p

I only started my game after the latest patch, and have played a bit over Easter. Playing as Milan and L'Aquila (Serie C2B, now promoted to Serie C1B though), and are now in March 2013.

I managed to get to the CL final, where I lost to Barcelona. Won the Serie A though, and are currently ~8 points clear of Inter in the second season.

Before the second season I did a bit of a clean-up, though partly involuntary; I wanted to keep one or two of Ambrosini / Gattuso / van Bommel for tutoring purposes, but my desire to get them on as low a wage as possible, combined with their stupid agents, screwed that up for me :-p

So I had to bring in Lorik Cana for his determination, along with Ivica Olic. Hopefully they'll help out the youngsters a bit :) I have also brought in Felipe Anderson, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Mateo Kovacic, Adler (Bosman), Ter Stegen (Borussia M. actually got relegated - so I picked him up for a meager €3,5M !), before I splashed the cash on Marek Hamsik ^^

Anyway, I have a couple of questions for others playing as Milan, and would appreciate any help / answers to these :)

Firstly, has anyone been able to get a feeder club? I've now had 3 or 4 attempts, first one to get a club to send players out on loan, and the others to form links abroad. But every time the board had been "unable to find a suitable club to link up with". What gives? :(

On the last attempt I got the option to choose a club myself - would this enhance my chances of getting a feeder club? (I remember on previous versions I never used this option because the board would never be able to get me a feeder club - on the other side, the board was then actually able to get me new feeder clubs until I reached that old 25-club limit...)

Also, when initially asking for the feeder club, the board seems hesitant at first, and I have to persuade them - does this have anything to do with my troubles in this area?

Secondly, has anyone gotten a new stadium? I'd like a new stadium, but I fear I might have to become a selling club first :(

Currently I am ~€30-35M in the red, and still having €2M in weekly wages paid out. Trying to get rid of an unhappy Cassano, and Robinho, that would at least save me some on the wage budget. Spent €65M on new players though, so I guess I only have myself to blame (Well, mostly anyway. €300k a week for Ibra? Thanks a lot...)

Point being; due to the massive loan you start with at Milan, are you unlikely to get a new stadium? Do you have to wait like 40 years until Italy actually gets to host either the Euros or the World Cup?

Third question: Has anyone ever managed to become a legend at Milan?

Finally, any tips for how to manage training for your U20-team players? I have several talents I want to have on custom (non-youth) training schedules (downloaded the Furious package) while at the same time getting playing time in the U20 league, but this seems to be impossible..? When I put them in the U20 squad, they automatically change to the youth schedules...

Is there any way around this?

Apologies for the long post, but hey - I might resurrect this thread?

Chris

It couldn't be a good FM year without AC Milan save, without playing with my favorite club in every way.

I'm really pleased of what we achieved through season already, some pretty great and spectacular wins. Here are the most notable screens, ask if you want anything else.

8mSuy.jpggEzrZ.jpgcHPl6.jpgqMCC8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

after playing my third season with betis sevilla and winning the champions league+copa del rey in the third season with them, I started a new save with Milan aswell.

Milan was always my favourite fm team, but since I was working on a certain tactic and wanted to test it with smaller teams, I unfortunately couldnt play with a big team like milan.

But now, Ive finished my work and finally can start my beloved long save with milan :D

My aim is to win the league and champions league in the first season and to get rid of some deadwood.

As I dont have that much money to bring in some good young talented wingers, I think I have to decrease my wages, so that I can afford some money.

Gonna report some results later.

Hope we guys can have some fun, as I feel, that such a traditional team like Milan doesnt really deserve so less attention in this forum ;)

Milan fans were are you?Lets resurrect the thread for the most successful club in the world.Galliani has made a wonderful mess of the team finances,but we can fix and bring glory back to Milan.So i just finished my summer transfer market,it didnt go down the wire,it actually took less then a month as the date in game is right now 28 of July 2011.

I tried to get rid of all the dead wood ,but unfortunetly i couldn't.I couldnt get rid of Ambrosini and Bonnera,not even of trying to send them packing for free.At least i would be able to use Massimo for tutoring,Bonnera on the other hand will be a total waste of my wage budget.So this is my market,i think ive done really well especially on the players wages.The maximum is Fernandihno on 50 k/week,next is Asamoah on 40k& Eriksen on 13 k.(this is all with appearance fees)The rest make all under 10k.

20hjyqh.jpg

And this is the team that hopefully will win me the Serie A.I have no real hopes for Europe this season(past the group stages),il try to go as far as i can.

288pa94.jpg

@chris16: Im going to try to get a feeder team now,hopefully il have more luck.Not sure about stadiums,i never had a new one with Milan:(

Will update more after i reach the winter market.

Common guys show us your Milan games!

just a question to those, who have played a bit longer with milan:

pato is being regarded as very injury-prone.

do you think, this can cause a lot of trouble?

I am thinking about selling him right in the first season, because I don't really like injury-prone players...

is it really that hard, that he often gets injured like in rl?

just a question to those, who have played a bit longer with milan:

pato is being regarded as very injury-prone.

do you think, this can cause a lot of trouble?

I am thinking about selling him right in the first season, because I don't really like injury-prone players...

is it really that hard, that he often gets injured like in rl?

Sell him,im in september right now,and since the super coppa game when he was amazing he kept getting injured.Its not worth the occasional good performance if he sits 10 matches out.

Im gonna try to sell him in the winter market,and get LLorente in.

Sell him,im in september right now,and since the super coppa game when he was amazing he kept getting injured.Its not worth the occasional good performance if he sits 10 matches out.

Im gonna try to sell him in the winter market,and get LLorente in.

I thought the same thing mate ;)

gonna try to sign jovetic, since neymar doesn't want and I think Jovetic is similiar to pato aswell :D

I thought the same thing mate ;)

gonna try to sign jovetic, since neymar doesn't want and I think Jovetic is similiar to pato aswell :D

Did you manage to sign him?Im in the middle of my first season now (didnt get to play this week) and i tried to sign him but there asking for 40 millions lulz.So here`s my winter update:

246ov2q.jpg

As you guys see im leading the table by 5 points.I only have one defeat,which was a embarrassing 3-0 loss to inter,but in my defense both Ibra&"shocking" Pato were out.I did manage some good results though,6-0 against Napoli and 4-1 against Juventus.

Speaking of my strikers ,Pato has 13 in 17 overall and 8 in 12 in the league(not bad).Ibra has 4 goals only and 6 assists but his only playe 13 games,he keeps getting injured which is extremely weird.

I signed Lukalu on loan,and he impressed so far: 4 goals in 2 matches.And send Felipe Anderson on loan to Jube to get some game time.It annoys me that i cant loan El Sharaway though:(

Will update again after i finish the season.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Disappointed with what is happening irl, decided to start another Milan save. Went on to do a revolution myself.

Transfers

Out went the high earners, at least those whom I can sell. But as a result, I still need to pay a part of their salary.

ebxgP.png

lCOuU.png

Starting XI

-----------Amelia---------

Abate--T.Silva--Mexes--Alba

-----------MVB------------

-------Nocerino-Prince----

Willian-----------------Ayew

-----------Pato-----------

Supercoppa Italiana

Beat Inter 2-0

League

Unbeaten in the 1st 32 games and win the title in the 29th game. A screamer from Bacinovic finally brought the team down to a 1st defeat.

JsrTq.png

Coppa League

Beat Chievo 5-0 in the Finals

Champions League

Lost to Barca 5-3 on aggregate in the Semis

Players Stats

Goals

Pato 43

Ba 14

Willian/Ayew 12

Prince 8

Emanuelson 6

Assists

Willian 25

Pato 16

Emanuelson 12

Ayew 10

Ba/Abate/Nocerino 8

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone else's strikers get injured alot? I'm only 15 games in to the season and Cassano, Pato, Robinho and Niang have all got injuries that have kept them out for over a month. Niang is out for 5. Cassano has been injured 3 times, and Pato returned from a month out and got injured again for 3 weeks. It's doing my head in.

Archived