[FM2012] FMUpdates FM12 Editor Advanced Rules Activation and Discussion

magicmastermind124

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry for this question but I'm unable to get all teams from a specific country with advanced rules.

You know we have "Get all teams from division", but some teams have no division set.

If I create a new competition and put in all teams without any division, it is also a problem because the next year, a team without division can be in a existing division...

The only way I see is to "get specific team" but I can't do that for 30 000 teams ^^

Getting all teams from a specific country is really easy with the normal editor. Isn't it possible with advanced rules ?

Knowing that I don't want to override anything existing in the game.

Trying to sort out a rotating host for a competition. I have gone to the Competition Tab and set the stadiums I want to be hosts under "Grounds for Match". Now how do I tell the competition to use those stadiums as the host? If I set the "Stadium" to "Host", it plays the competition at the stadium it wants despite it not being one of the ones I listed.

I have problems to regionalise the group stage of my AFC champions league. I setted correctly the region limits, and it works if, in the group settings, I use only "regionalise group" as rule. But I want also to avoid teams from the same nation in the same group.. but if the option "avoid teams from the same nation" is selected too, it makes the groups without the regions. The file in comps folder is pointless. Any idea about it? Or there is an old discussion that I can look for it?

In Fixture Rules -> Squad Selection Rules, has anyone been able to get the age restrictions to work in game? One of the divisions I'm trying to create only allows 7 players over the age of 23 but in the Overall Squad Rules when I set the O23 Players in Squad, it doesn't show in game. I've tried, and it doesn't work for U-XX players either.

Try with "Update Day" set only for nation, not for competitions.
Thanks for the tip, but I didn't set update days in the specific competions anyway. I've only done that in the nations tab.

Could it perhaps have something to do with not setting boundaries for the regional competitions?

I didn't do that just yet, because I have to add several cities, stadiums ands clubs to the database. I wanted to do that later, but if setting the boundaries is neccesary, maybe it's smarter to do that first.

That is not problem, for sure.

You were right, it wasn't the problem.

At first, I laughed (a bit) about not being able to get it to work properly, because I thought it was a matter of time before it would work.

Now, I'm getting very annoyed because despite of everything I try, I can't get it to function properly.

Edit: maybe an idea to place the play-off of the two champions of Tier 3 into Tier 2? After all, it's about promotion to Tier 2, although no Tier 2-team is taking part.

I have problems to regionalise the group stage of my AFC champions league. I setted correctly the region limits, and it works if, in the group settings, I use only "regionalise group" as rule. But I want also to avoid teams from the same nation in the same group.. but if the option "avoid teams from the same nation" is selected too, it makes the groups without the regions. The file in comps folder is pointless. Any idea about it? Or there is an old discussion that I can look for it?

Nobody can help? :(

I cannot work togheter "regionalise group" and "avoid teams from same nation" :rolleyes:

On the other hand, you could go with separating Group Stage into two stages, like Group Stage West and Group Stage East and set "Aviod Teams From Same Nation" rule.

I had already thought about this, but first I wanted to see if there was another solution leaving a single group stage.. but it seem impossible

Thanks anyway :)

Does anyone have the original format.xml file? I accidentally overwrote it when installing the advanced editor!

I had that problem too

just delete the format.xml in your folder and let steam do an integry check...the missing file will be loaded automatically

I have one more question.

Two teams that take part in continental competition share stadium. Competition has fixed dates - two groups on tuesday, two groups on wednesday.

Would it be possible to assign one club to play in one of first two groups (A or B), other team to play in one of next two groups (C or D), like Al Ahly to be in groups A or B, and Zamalek to be in C or D?

I am annoyed when I see that one team gets it's match moved to other day at 1930 hrs.

Edit: maybe an idea to place the play-off of the two champions of Tier 3 into Tier 2? After all, it's about promotion to Tier 2, although no Tier 2-team is taking part.

Didn't work either.

Now, I'm totally out of options, apart from starting from scratch again... Very disappointing.

from my experience of wrestling with the swiss league and then the georgian league (both of which had similar problems, though not exactly the same) there is probably only one or two small settings missing preventing this from working properly.

I'll post again my advice from FMUpdates:

Have you got cup fates in the PARENT competition set as below?:

League fate,(round name=semi final?),winning team,promoted,(tick find stage in child comps),(stage name of Leag stage),hidden

League fate,(round name=semi final?),losing team,no fate,(tick find stage in child comps),(stage name of Leag stage),hidden

Promotion fates set in child comp is ok (with 0 promtoted), but in the parent comp should use 'other comps to add stage to' to child comps, which sounds like you have already done.

I've set 2010 league standing in panel "competition - league team order"; is it right to pick the correct teams?

And considering that this league is made with 2 stages (qualifying round with 12 teams and final league with 8 teams), is it possible to not insert stage index when I chose "get league stage teams"?

Edit:

It won't work :(

Hi again, I'm still working on my DR Congo league.

I have a new problem. The game doesn't store the champions of the first division which have 3 stages: league (6 groups/4teams)-league (2 groups/6 teams)-league (1 group of 4 teams)

I'm working on creating the MLS 2012 structure and I know how to do most everything, but I forsee one issue. Next year MLS will have 19 teams, but only play 34 games (unbalanced schedule).

Any ideas how to create a schedule like that? I guess I could do the fixtures for the first year, but what happens afterwards?

I've set 2010 league standing in panel "competition - league team order"; is it right to pick the correct teams?

And considering that this league is made with 2 stages (qualifying round with 12 teams and final league with 8 teams), is it possible to not insert stage index when I chose "get league stage teams"?

Edit:

It won't work :(

Wouldn't get all teams from division, sorted by last position with reversed order set and max teams set to the number you need work?

from my experience of wrestling with the swiss league and then the georgian league (both of which had similar problems, though not exactly the same) there is probably only one or two small settings missing preventing this from working properly.

I'll post again my advice from FMUpdates:

Have you got cup fates in the PARENT competition set as below?:

League fate,(round name=semi final?),winning team,promoted,(tick find stage in child comps),(stage name of Leag stage),hidden

League fate,(round name=semi final?),losing team,no fate,(tick find stage in child comps),(stage name of Leag stage),hidden

Promotion fates set in child comp is ok (with 0 promtoted), but in the parent comp should use 'other comps to add stage to' to child comps, which sounds like you have already done.

Yes, I did. It was a straight final by the way, with two teams, so I replaced 'semi final' with 'final'.

Only question is: which competition should I choose right beneath winning or losing team: the parent comp or the child comp. I've chosen for the child comps, which makes it mandatory to set separate league fates for winning or losing for both comps. So I have 4 league fate actions.

Wouldn't get all teams from division, sorted by last position with reversed order set and max teams set to the number you need work?

No :(

I've just tried this setting but nothing... I think this rule isn't able to find the 2010 standing, even if I've set the league history and league team order of past season.

Other solutions?

Hi again, I'm still working on my DR Congo league.

I have a new problem. The game doesn't store the champions of the first division which have 3 stages: league (6 groups/4teams)-league (2 groups/6 teams)-league (1 group of 4 teams)

Also I'm working on DR Congo league, but I think rules you described are of 2010 season, not 2011.

It would assign ALL teams randomly

I give you an example from my DB :

KFC Uerdingen's (german club) regional Division : is the "german regional division north" (in the original DB)

Changing the regional division let's say to west - has no affect...the club will be assigned to north

When deleting the current leagues the game would like it to assign to "german regional division north"

But the league (or better the ID) isn't there so it will be assigned randomly

It really makes me sad that it doesn't work.

Try changing the regional divisions in a separate file?

Yes, it's true. I looked for rules of 2011 season on rsssf but isn't update.

2011 rules seem more simple. I tried to understand them reading some websites with standings (TP Mazembe and FIFA site).

- only 14 teams in Vodacom Super Ligue;

- 12 teams (except winner and 2nd classified of 2010 league) play a qualifying round, in 3 groups (2 legs);

- 1st and 2nd of each group qualify for final stage;

- 8 teams in final stage (6 teams from previous stage and winner and 2nd classified of 2010 league) play a regular 2 legs league;

- 1st classified is DRC champion and qualifies for african champions league.

I don't know the national cup format, but I noticed that also a super-cup is played between league and cup winner.

My giant problem is being able to chose teams for qualifying round excluding winner and 2nd classified of 2010 league.

Hope to solve this issue with you :)

Try changing the regional divisions in a separate file?

yes Reiver i tried that too...it simply won't work

I must correct my 1st statement btw -

I said regional changes to clubs won't work (in general)

Changes to the clubs work. (for example i change Uerdingen to West it will be placed to the west - BUT :

AS LONG AS I DONT USE CREATED DIVISONS)

Once i use any new created Division and add them to the game (for example a division south)...the error i described above happens

That means any regional changes to the clubs have no effect anymore

Even the ones that worked before

It drives me crazy -:)

OK, I will try to solve it tomorrow

Then... There aren't relegated teams?

12 teams are the winners of regional leagues, so there aren't relegations in real life; anyway I've set that last teams in 3 groups relegate to a fictional lower league.

Im trying to get International friendlies played during the months of June, July and August only on the Advanced Editor, I've tried changing the fixture dates and setting start/end competition months to June - August, and it completely ignores the new set up, and Ive changed the first line when testing back to Files

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to go about this or even tell me how to disable International friendlies altogether using the Advanced Editor as its doing my head in :confused:

Thanks

Archived