[FM2012] FMUpdates FM12 Editor Advanced Rules Activation and Discussion

magicmastermind124

I have used a mls.xml with Advanced Rules to sniff around a bit in the matter.

Pretty hard stuff, although this information does help.

After setting up my idea I have one question that will determine whether to continue experimenting or 'ease up' my idea.

In the MLS you have an Eastern and Western conference. Is it possible to set up a competition in such a way you play your own conference 3 times and the other just 1 time? Or is this something not doable in either Advanced Rules or Nation Rules?

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, trying to create an expanded version of the CWC which includes a Group Stage and then a final. I've got everything working perfectly but I'm just not sure why the final is never played... If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this then just fire away.

Could you upload the db file?

Hello everybody,

I would like to create a worldwide competition for clubs (not for international teams).

For that, I opened wwclub_world_champ_cup to learn a little and I have a question : how do I determine the index of discipline rules, and fixtures rules, for a worldwide competition ?

Not really since I decided to scrap the idea. :o

But did you manage to create a functioning competition?

I'm trying to rebuild the Club World Championship (because rebuilding the South American Copa Libertadores kind of broke it) starting with the proper XML file from comps.fmf but I've had no luck doing it and I was looking for tips.

But did you manage to create a functioning competition?

I'm trying to rebuild the Club World Championship (because rebuilding the South American Copa Libertadores kind of broke it) starting with the proper XML file from comps.fmf but I've had no luck doing it and I was looking for tips.

Not quite functioning. Almost. The final was scheduled but not played so I ditched the idea.

I'm not having any joy with the Advanced Panels this year. I'm doing everything the same as I did last year AND changing the list id as specified in the opening post correctly (to "adva" when editing and "files" when testing), yet I get a crash dump every time I try to start a game with a nation with any created leagues.

The nation is selectable but during game setup it just crashes.

This happens every time. I even just tried creating a nation with 1 standard league, everything basic and it still did the same crash dump at the exact same time during setup.

Hi

Hope someone can help out.

When uploading the Champions League, or any other national competition in the advanced editor, is there a possibility to change "the no. of foreign player rule". And also the no. of players under 21 and so on?

And a bonus question: Has anyone created a new Champions League where the UEFA-coefficient still was visible and working in the game?

Ragards Nicholai

Hi all,

I'm french (sorry for my english), I'm trying to use Advanced Rules, but it's not simple. What you have to know, for example, is that even after activation, all stays mostly in English. So very hard to understand, because words are "technical", dedicated to football.

I have imagination, and I would like to create competitions of my dreams ^^

I do not want you to do the job for me, I just want a chance to understand how to use the advanced editor. To be able to use it myself.

Before creating my "real" competition, I would like to be able to create a "basic" competition. To learn...

So I want to create a cup :

- I want a worldwide cup. Not for a nation. Not for a continent.

- I want a cup for clubs. Not for international teams.

And...

- 2 teams : 1 taken from Yemen championship. Another from Barbados (for example)

- So just 1 round : the final.

- The draw : 2011/07/08

- The game : 2011/07/18 (always for example) ^^

How ? Step by step. Slowly...

>> First of all, do I correct in saying that I have to start by creating a new competition in the classic editor ?

try putting the file up , maybe it's something obvious you're missing (usually it's something completely ridiculous that I forgot to do/did wrong when my files go bad) and one of us can find it.

I started from fresh, 2 leagues with a promotion/relegation playoff between them. But same crash dump problems.

Here is the link to the file, if anyone can be kind enough to have a look and see what the problem is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?m4nxoej1csfjoou

Issue:

fate set to "Qualify Team For Competition";

correct qualified teams are listed in "Teams" list in competition menu;

teams in competition (First Round) are best teams from nation (top 32 teams), not qualified ones.

How to make qualified teams actually take part in this competition?

Thanks in advance.

Issue:

fate set to "Qualify Team For Competition";

correct qualified teams are listed in "Teams" list in competition menu;

teams in competition (First Round) are best teams from nation (top 32 teams), not qualified ones.

How to make qualified teams actually take part in this competition?

Thanks in advance.

Not understand completely. Let me guess

1.You list the team you want in competition's "qualified teams" ? Then, you want get those team in stage round 1?

or

2.You set the fate in other competition (Like a league), then wanna get those team in this competition?

case 1

I didn't do it before, you can try set "get Qualify Team For Competition" in team page of stage. tell me what happened @o@

case 2

you need set "Qualify Team For Competition" in league Fate Actions. then set detail:

(1) go to Source Competition

(2) Set League Fate. Here you can see many fate. choose what you use to get team. I assume "top playoff"

(3) Set "Top playoff" how many team and stage name

(4) Go to Target Competition's stage, then set "get Qualify Team from stage"

No, no.

I have 9 regional cups, county cups actually that send teams to national cup. They give

(number of cups multiplied by teams that qualify to national cup)

1 x 12 teams

1 x 4 teams

2 x 3 teams

3 x 2 teams

2 x 1 team

two teams are directly qualified.

Now, those teams are listed in "Qualified Teams" section, but in First Round there are teams that comp take based on their reputation (best 32 teams from that nation).

So, I want to get competition to use qualified teams, not other teams.

No, no.

I have 9 regional cups, county cups actually that send teams to national cup. They give

1 x 12 teams

1 x 4 teams

2 x 3 teams

3 x 2 teams

2 x 1 team

Now, those teams are listed in "Qualified Teams" section, but in First Round there are teams that comp take based on their reputation (best 32 teams from that nation).

I see. That is case 1, try it. I don't know it can work or not.

In this case. i would try to use "get all team from division" in stage team page.

You can not use "Get All Teams From Division" when you want specific teams from specific round to qualify.

Wait a minute. So you have Nine cup competition. each of it is Independent? then wanna get some team in it qualify to national cup ?

If it is true. Try to set fate action in every source cup competition. use "Add Team to cup stage".

Wait a minute. So you have Nine cup competition. each of it is Independent? then wanna get some team in it qualify to national cup ?

If it is true. Try to set fate action in every source cup competition. use "Add Team to cup stage".

I tried that before, nothing.

Yes, nine cups are county cups, with specific number of teams progress to nationwide cup.

It is really "killing" me, huge amount of fails. And I have created once successful cup in that format, but I can not find that edited database :D

@ Benjii

What type of cup are you looking for?

Has any one managed to get the "squad selection deadline date" to work properly (when I put more than one it only uses the last one in the list and when I put a date in 2001 it projects to 2013 not 2012)

@dinamo : Thank you for answering me :)

For now, all I would like to do is to create a very basic cup (but worldwide), to learn to use the advanced rules.

I indicated more details on my post #212 :

(...)

So I want to create a cup :

- I want a worldwide cup. Not for a nation. Not for a continent.

- I want a cup for clubs. Not for international teams.

And...

- 2 teams : 1 taken from Yemen championship. Another from Barbados (for example)

- So just 1 round : the final.

- The draw : 2011/07/08

- The game : 2011/07/18 (always for example) ^^

First, I think I must create the competition in the normal editor, do I ? Without specifying any nation or continent. Just the name is enough ?

You can not create nice cup with using national champions. Competition takes winners from leagues that are playable - so, to have different teams every season, you must have all those competitions enabled. If you start like 3 leagues, you will only get different teams from those leagues, rest of them will always be the same.

In advanced editor, I saw an option in the "teams" tab : "Get specific team", that's what I thought to use to select my two teams. So always same two teams yes, but my goal is just to sucessfully create a tiny cup with these two teams BUT with the advanced rules. I know how to do a cup - little or big - with basic editor. But I'm unable to do the same with advanced rules.

I have a simple question: in a continental cup, when I set the qualified teams, I set to take for a determined nation two teams: the winner of the top domestic division and the winner of the domestic main cup. What happens if the same club is the winner of both the competitions? It will not find a team?

hi there.

I am trying to create a playable Liechtensteiner Cup. I don't know much about editing, as this is my first attempt.

I don't want to use the normal editor, as it forces me to create a league and all liechtensteiner clubs play in swiss leagues, so I thought the advanced panel should help me. But when it comes to choose which countries should be made playable, the liechtenstein flag is not there.

Could someone, please, look at this and tell me what I did wrong.

Thanks in advance

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47473584/Liechtenstein.dbc

I have a simple question: in a continental cup, when I set the qualified teams, I set to take for a determined nation two teams: the winner of the top domestic division and the winner of the domestic main cup. What happens if the same club is the winner of both the competitions? It will not find a team?

it seem to get final lose team in cup

I started from fresh, 2 leagues with a promotion/relegation playoff between them. But same crash dump problems.

Here is the link to the file, if anyone can be kind enough to have a look and see what the problem is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?m4nxoej1csfjoou

Anyone had a chance to take a look at this file yet and see what is causing the error? It must be something minor, as I'm sure I've done everything the same as I did on FM11.

I think it will take team with best reputation from that country.

To be safe that cup runner-up will enter (if same teams wins both comps), at the end of the list put "Get last runner-up of competition" and specify cup name.

If you want league runner-up to qualify, at the end of the list put "Get last runner-up of competition" and specify league name. REMEMBER, at the very end of the list, after all other entrants are listed.

Thank you, Dinamo_Zagreb

hi there.

I don't want to use the normal editor, as it forces me to create a league

You can create the Liechtesteiner Cup with the normal editor, if you select "add lower divisions and cup to an existing structure" and then select Switzerland as nation. The existing Swiss competitions will remain, but you can add a new cup taking the liechtenstein's club. Of course in this manner the cup appear as a swiss competition and you have to activate the Swiss championship when you load your game to have the cup playable.

However, whatever rules you use (normal or advanced) the main problem is the qualification in the Europa league for the winner. I think the game simply will continue to take the team with the highest reputation (Vaduz), independently if Vaduz wins the cup or not, and the only system to correct this is to recreate the whole Europa League with the advanced panel, but it is a very difficult thing.

hi there.

I am trying to create a playable Liechtensteiner Cup. I don't know much about editing, as this is my first attempt.

I don't want to use the normal editor, as it forces me to create a league and all liechtensteiner clubs play in swiss leagues, so I thought the advanced panel should help me. But when it comes to choose which countries should be made playable, the liechtenstein flag is not there.

Could someone, please, look at this and tell me what I did wrong.

Thanks in advance

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47473584/Liechtenstein.dbc

If you can wait, my expansion of the Swiss leagues, including the Liechtenstein Cup will be available shortly

@nom45- Europa League qualification will work with my file, no need to recreate the Europa League

dinamo_zagreb, I have another question if you can. Do you think exists a method to select, for a continental competition, teams from the championships that not exist in the database, without creating all these leagues? For instance, in africa we have only a small number of top divisions setted in the database, but a great number of nations do not have a competition (togo, comoros etc.). I think SI did it in some manner, because if I add a customize league in the editor data folder, the correct winner of this league enter in the champions league (the original champions in the game, I mean), but instead if I do not have this championship in the folder, random teams from this nation are taken. I tried in every way with continent/competition/stage teams settings to replicate it, but I do not obtain results. I looked the file in the comps folder, but unfortunately continent settings are not presents, and there are other settings missing in my opinion.. (I hope my terrible english is sufficiently clear)

dinamo_zagreb, I have another question if you can. Do you think exists a method to select, for a continental competition, teams from the championships that not exist in the database, without creating all these leagues? For instance, in africa we have only a small number of top divisions setted in the database, but a great number of nations do not have a competition (togo, comoros etc.). I think SI did it in some manner, because if I add a customize league in the editor data folder, the correct winner of this league enter in the champions league (the original champions in the game, I mean), but instead if I do not have this championship in the folder, random teams from this nation are taken. I tried in every way with continent/competition/stage teams settings to replicate it, but I do not obtain results. I looked the file in the comps folder, but unfortunately continent settings are not presents, and there are other settings missing in my opinion.. (I hope my terrible english is sufficiently clear)

Well, when I created African CL in advanced panel, I did this:

-created one competition, called "African Leagues"

-made it "Parent Competition"

-created competitions called, like, Angola for Angola, Burundi for Burundi etc. and put them as "Child Competitions" under "Parent", with 6 best teams from specific nation - they acted as national championships

-then, in Champions League, under "Teams", I used rankings (winners and runners-up) from those Child Competitions to give teams to my Champions League, and Confederation Cup

This is the only way, as you should have all leagues run to get different teams each season, and it seems impossible - to get 50+ leagues run together (it would be very very difficult to create all leagues).

No, no.

1 x 12 teams

1 x 4 teams

2 x 3 teams

3 x 2 teams

2 x 1 team

I have something similar to what you need with the file of the Italian championships that I am creating ...:

Regional Cup -> Fate action -> Winning team -> Qualifay Team for stage -> name of the main stage

National Cup -> get qualified team from stage

Well, when I created African CL in advanced panel, I did this:

-created one competition, called "African Leagues"

-made it "Parent Competition"

-created competitions called, like, Angola for Angola, Burundi for Burundi etc. and put them as "Child Competitions" under "Parent", with 6 best teams from specific nation - they acted as national championships

-then, in Champions League, under "Teams", I used rankings (winners and runners-up) from those Child Competitions to give teams to my Champions League, and Confederation Cup

This is the only way, as you should have all leagues run to get different teams each season, and it seems impossible - to get 50+ leagues run together (it would be very very difficult to create all leagues).

Thank you for the answer, I will do some test

After getting stuck on the Swiss League, I thought I'd try something simpler:

The Latvian League has a top division of 9 and a second division of 13 that will revert to 10 and 12 respectively next year.

Here is the file:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20970890/lativa.zip ("lat wip" with 'adva' set, "lat wip test" with 'files' set)

If I start the game in Feb 11 with 9 (top), 13 (2nd), promotion and relegation after the playoffs seems to work ok (Rs and Ps in the right places), but the 2012 season doesn't begin.

This suggests I made an error in the restructuring, but if I start the game in feb 12, I have 10 (top) and 12 (2nd) teams working, but 2013 doesn't begin at the end of the season (there are no crashes either way, just no second season).

I would be grateful if someone could take a look (the solution may also help me solve my Swiss League issue).

I can't help thinking I'm missing something fairly small but obvious. As there are only 2 division set up, it should be easy for someone with the required knowledge to pick up the error

Thanks for the help Thomas H btw- he suggested that the relegation playoff to the inactive league was causing the problem, so first I removed it.

However, after working on other leagues I worked it out- after I removed rankings, and the relegation playoff worked.

The clue was noticing in other leagues where I had set rankings, there was no league predictions in the club information screens.

Therefore, thought it was worth sharing with the community, setting rankings for leagues can have an adverse affect, and should be avoided unless necessary

The good news is, the three Baltic Leagues (had to use the advanced editor to get the cups working 2011/12 etc, while the leagues work in the calender year) and finally working Swiss Expanded Structure will be ready soon after testing :thup:

However, after working on other leagues I worked it out- after I removed rankings, and the relegation playoff worked.

The clue was noticing in other leagues where I had set rankings, there was no league predictions in the club information screens.

Therefore, thought it was worth sharing with the community, setting rankings for leagues can have an adverse affect, and should be avoided unless necessary

Hmmm interesting. I now wonder if it is the rankings that are causing my test files to crash dump every time!

Thanks for the help Thomas H btw- he suggested that the relegation playoff to the inactive league was causing the problem, so first I removed it.

Ahh -that is nice to hear.

Grats JBZ for making it work

Wonder if i could make the lower playoffs work (in my files)

Last year it failed cause besides some single playoffs i also had to skip the +30 regular promoted teams first. (promoted via : get

extra teams)

But it never worked.

Can you have multiple parent competitions?

Basically I'm doing my own version of the English league system, but given the complex amount of leagues, I want to be able to group the leagues within the Level 9/10/11 etc.

So for example, I want to specify:

Regional Premiers -> Isthmian, Northern Prem, Southern

Regional Firsts -> [isthmian -> Isthmian North, Isthmian South], [Northern Prem -> Northern Prem D1 North, Northern Prem D1 South], [southern -> Southern D1...]

Level 9 -> [isthmian Feeders -> Sussex County, Kent, Eastern Counties, Essex], [Northern Prem Feeders -> North West Counties, Northern Counties East, Northern League], [southern Feeders -> Western League, Wessex League, Hellenic...]

Is there a way to do this, and if so, how do I set it up so that I don't run into any problems.

Would I have to create Parent 1, sub-competitions of Parent 2, Parent 3 and Parent 4, which each have subcompetitions of League1, League2, League 3 etc?

Can you have multiple parent competitions?

Basically I'm doing my own version of the English league system, but given the complex amount of leagues, I want to be able to group the leagues within the Level 9/10/11 etc.

So for example, I want to specify:

Regional Premiers -> Isthmian, Northern Prem, Southern

Regional Firsts -> [isthmian -> Isthmian North, Isthmian South], [Northern Prem -> Northern Prem D1 North, Northern Prem D1 South], [southern -> Southern D1...]

Level 9 -> [isthmian Feeders -> Sussex County, Kent, Eastern Counties, Essex], [Northern Prem Feeders -> North West Counties, Northern Counties East, Northern League], [southern Feeders -> Western League, Wessex League, Hellenic...]

Is there a way to do this, and if so, how do I set it up so that I don't run into any problems.

Would I have to create Parent 1, sub-competitions of Parent 2, Parent 3 and Parent 4, which each have subcompetitions of League1, League2, League 3 etc?

This isn't possible.

I'm trying to get a Promotion/Relegation play-off to work after finally getting my files to load.

Here is what I'm trying to achieve:

QSL: 12 teams (12th = relegated, 11th = Prom/Rel Play-off)

D2: 6 Teams (1st = Promoted, 2nd = Prom/Rel Play-off)

I set the team from QSL in 11th (aka ranking 10) to be in the bottom playoff with the 2nd (aka ranking 1) placed team in D2. Then set up the cup stage for the play-off. It chooses the correct team from D2 but selects the 3rd placed team from the QSL instead of the 10th placed team. Seems a bit weird, not sure why.

Any suggestions?

I'm trying to get a Promotion/Relegation play-off to work after finally getting my files to load.

Here is what I'm trying to achieve:

QSL: 12 teams (12th = relegated, 11th = Prom/Rel Play-off)

D2: 6 Teams (1st = Promoted, 2nd = Prom/Rel Play-off)

I set the team from QSL in 11th (aka ranking 10) to be in the bottom playoff with the 2nd (aka ranking 1) placed team in D2. Then set up the cup stage for the play-off. It chooses the correct team from D2 but selects the 3rd placed team from the QSL instead of the 10th placed team. Seems a bit weird, not sure why.

Any suggestions?

Setting the rankings isn't necessary- rather than a long-winded explanation (because I want to go to bed!), follow the rules in the Latvian file I've uploaded here for you

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20996336/Latvia+retry+playoff.xml

I created a competion that have 3 stages.

First stage is a league with 20 clubs playing one time ach other. The eight betters qualify to second stage.

Second Stage is two groups with four team each. The best of each group go to final.

The Final is a one game

But when i Run the game, the champion of the tournament is the club that finished the first stage at tthe top.

The option: Top team are Champions is desmarked and the rank levels are ok.

Someone knows how to resolve it?

Anyone got an idea for me here (thanks to magicmastermind for previous answer).

I'm doing level 8/level 9 promotion/relegation in the English system. Obviously there's a disparity in teams promoted/relegated - 2 down from 6 leagues for a total of 12 and 14 different leagues. In reality, there's a lot of juggling around because teams have to apply for promotion at the START of the season (based on ground criteria, financials etc) and then if they finish in top 2 they can be promoted. Additional teams are promoted/relegated to ensure the system stays constant.

Anyway, my rough approximation is the following, to improve playability:

Bottom 3 in each level 8 league are relegated for a total of 18 relegated

Champions of each level 9 league are promoted for a total of 14 promoted

In real life, the second placed teams in all the leagues get ranked on a points per game average (since all the leagues have different numbers of teams) and the remaining promotion spots are awarded in that order (i.e. highest to lowest). I'd ideally like to replicate that system of a hidden ranking (or I suppose I could do it visible). What's the best way to achieve this?

A Stage in the Parent Competition which carries results from Child Competitions and fate everyone who finishes 2nd in the childs to the parent? Or do I need a separate competition entirely and fate people into that one?

Bottom 3 in each level 8 league are relegated for a total of 18 relegated

Champions of each level 9 league are promoted for a total of 14 promoted

In real life, the second placed teams in all the leagues get ranked on a points per game average (since all the leagues have different numbers of teams) and the remaining promotion spots are awarded in that order (i.e. highest to lowest). I'd ideally like to replicate that system of a hidden ranking (or I suppose I could do it visible). What's the best way to achieve this?

A Stage in the Parent Competition which carries results from Child Competitions and fate everyone who finishes 2nd in the childs to the parent? Or do I need a separate competition entirely and fate people into that one?

I had real problems trying to achieve something similar for the Swiss leagues, and had to give up in the end:

Setting a hidden ranking stage in the multiple competitions does not work, as this just creates an extra stage in each individual competition, they do not join up.

I also tried setting a stage in the parent competition, but whatever I tried resulted in crash dumps.

Would be interested in knowing if its possible, but I don't think so as there is a problem in getting the points for different competitions to transfer to an extra stage for a seperate competition, whilst combining at the same time (if that makes sense)

- the only files in the comp.fmf I could find for a guide are for gettingbest 2nd placed teams in international qualifying, and these run from different groups within one competition, rather than seperate competitions.

Whilst not ideal, my suggestion would be to have the top two being promoted from 4 of the 14 divisions, and just the champions from the other 10.

the only files in the comp.fmf I could find for a guide are for gettingbest 2nd placed teams in international qualifying, and these run from different groups within one competition, rather than seperate competitions.

Whilst not ideal, my suggestion would be to have the top two being promoted from 4 of the 14 divisions, and just the champions from the other 10.

The first alternative also the only possible way I can think of, although surely it's only usable for competition with a group stage. But if I'm not mistaken, in previous year's version, it will strangely sort the best n-th place by exactly average point per game without we telling it to do so (when there are individual group rules with odd number of teams).

I've only recently got the 2012 editor, though, I haven't seen a half of it, I still have some basic problem with understanding why some xml files from 2011 can not be opened in this year's editor. And please someone confirm my fear that this year's advanced panel still won't work with certain nations, no?

Archived