Sports Interactive Community
Candre168

FM12: Panathinaikos FC

Welcome to the FM 2012 Panathinaikos Thread!

panathinaikos.png

Thread Contents

Post 1, Overview

Post 2, History

Post 3, Squad

Post 4, Reserved

Panathinaikos are a Greek multi-sport team located in the heart of the national capital, Athens. The team is nicknamed Trifylli (Shamrock) or Oi Prasinoi (The Greens). Panthinaikos have won 20 Greek Champships and 17 Greek Cups, including a runner up spot in the European Cup. They play in the Olympic Stadium and share a fierce rivalry with Olympiakos.

Why Panathinaikos?

The once proud club is in a pathetic state and low on finance. This represents the perfect challenge for a manager who wants to take a team from a mid-level European league with good history and build them into a regional super power. There's also the nice challenge of being the underdog and taking on the tyrannical Olympiakos, often accused of using their power and connections to sway things their way.

The club also have excellent youth facilities and a good youth record. The majority of Greek National Team players have played for Panathinaikos at some point, highlighting Panathinaikos history of producing the best Greece has to offer. With improved facilities now, you will have better youths to work with than ever before.

Due to reasons that will be mentioned later, the club will likely be in the hands of new owners soon too, and the probability is that the new owners will be more wealthy than the current owners which will allow you to import some good players.

The Vitals

Screenshot2011-10-22at033753.png

Screenshot2011-10-22at035107.png

Starting transfer budget is in the region of 500k (EUR), although the board are fairly easy to negotiate with.

Read on for more!...

brand.gif

Beginnings

The team was formed in 1908 by a man called Giorgos Kalafatis, after his previous club discontinued the football team. Due to a dispute, Kalafatis and the forty athletes who supported him decided to abandon the club. The club won its first trophy in 1911 under the name Panellinios Podosferikos Omilos, a reference to the old club. This attracted the interest of Englishman John Campbell, who was an Oxford University athlete. Campbell became manager and introduced new tactics and ideas to the Greek game. Campbell was the first foreign manager in Greece, and whilst he left in 1914, his impact on the team was huge, as they were now the kings of Greek Football.

Panathinaikos

In 1924, the club was officially named ‘Panathinaikos Athlitikos Omilos’ and were granted permission to use Leoforos Stadium, their home until moving to the Olympic stadium decades later.

The first official Greek championship kicked off in 1927, however it wasn’t until 1930 that Panathinaikos won it for the first time. The winning season included an 8-2 victory over fierce rivals Olympiakos, the largest victory ever recorded between the two teams.

The 60’s

Panathinaikos dominated the early 60’s, winning the league in ‘60, ‘61, ‘62, ‘64 and ’65. The ’64 season was undefeated, and the only time a Greek side has ever gone undefeated. They won the Greek double in ’69 and the title again in ’70.

European Cup Finalists

PAO-at-Wembley.jpg

The best European performance ever recorded by a Greek club was Panathinaikos in 1970-1971. Under guidance of mastermind Ferenc Puskas, the team made it into the final but lost 2-0 to Ajax in Wembley stadium. Panathinaikos were yet to turn professional at the time, and it was seen as a massive moment in the club’s history.

Vardinogiannis

In 1979, the Vardinogiannis family purchased Panathinaikos. This would eventually be the family that tore the club to pieces and caused the fans to revolt. However, the family were very rich and it was generally seen as a step in the right direction for the club at the time.

1980 ‘s and 1990’s

200px-Dimitris_Saravakos.jpg

The 80’s saw one of the best players to ever play for the club flourish. Dimitris Saravakos, a man many in Greece consider to be as good as anyone around in the day, lead Panathinaikos to the semi finals of the European Cup in 1984-5. He then helped the club win five trophies between 1990 and 1994.

The club also had various other good players during this period, including Krzysztof Warzycha, the club’s all time top scorer, and Juan Jose Borrelli who was capped for Argentina. More trophies followed, and another semi final appearance in the Champions League came about.

Cissé, Gilberto Silva & the Double

photo_1272569772671-1-0.jpg

After several years of Olympiacos dominance, and after the Vardinogiannis reduced their share in the club allowing room for further investment, Panathinaikos spent a record 35M euros on transfers in a short period of time. This saw Djibril Cissé, Gilberto Silva, Sebastian Leto, Kostas Katsouranis and Giorgos Karagounis join the club.

This saw the level of play for Panathinaikos change dramatically. The club now had players who had played for the very best and a dominant double win in 2009-2010 put the club in good standing.

Captain Djibril Cissé feel in love with the fans so much he even tattooed Panathinaikos on his arm.

Present Day

The club is now in a mess. Board disputes, financial disputes and more have lead to massive uncertainty around the club. The Vardinogiannis family, accused of banking money that belongs to the club and selling key players to add to their pocket, have very recently released their grip on the club opening the door for a new owner. A Saudi Prince and various businessmen are debating taking over.

Hildebrand and Carlos Diogo almost signed.. need a striker (messed a bit with the editor as I can't stand the board and added some transfer funds too, it's unrealistic to have 200k or whatever)

Hildebrand and Carlos Diogo almost signed.. need a striker (messed a bit with the editor as I can't stand the board and added some transfer funds too, it's unrealistic to have 200k or whatever)

Yeah fair enough. It was probably done because of the uncertainty around the board.

Will start my save later today (and finish the intro). Goalkeeper and striker number one priorities :thup:

Actually Panathinaikos has severe financial problems.That's why they sold cisse to Lazio too.

Actually Panathinaikos has severe financial problems.That's why they sold cisse to Lazio too.

Actually nobody REALLY knows the financial condition the club is in due to the Soviet levels of secrecy the Vardinogiannis regime had.

Cissé was sold so Vardinogiannis could pocket 5-6M. The research is correct though for the time.

Btw, there seems like there's quite a lot of good free players available to sign for PAO :thup:. I'll make a list later.

Last year by selling any dead wood, you could have a great first eleven using the 48months thing like :

Ochoa, M'Bengue, Coates, Simao, Vrsjalko, Gilberto, Fabinho (Felix), Katsouranis, Ninis, Leto, Cisse...

This year the income of the deadwood is much lower, many of these one of a kind great easy transfers are unavailible for different reasons, and team has also lost Cisse and Gilberto...

Is there any way to built such a great first eleven at FM 12 in the first year?

GK ??? like Ochoa

DL maybe Tzavellas

DR ??? like Vrsjalko (he doesnt want to come)

DC Simao

DC ???

DM Vitolo

DM ??? like Gilberto or Fabinho

AMC Katsouranis

AMR Ninis

AML Leto

ST ??? like Cisse/Benitez/Freddy Montero

PS. Vardinogiannis family :thdn::thdn::thdn:

PS. Vardinogiannis family :thdn::thdn::thdn:

Ironic thing is that Tzigger bought the club outright in my save after two weeks.

Decided that I'd wait for the next transfer update (January) before starting my PAO save so I hopefully didn't have to deal with such a terrible person.

Will keep updating the thread though. Nice challenge for anyone who wants to pick PAO up from the very bottom.

Btw, I raised 3M for my Zurich side (who I started my career save with) so I can sign Darwin Quintero. He's a nice striker. Short but very fast. Take a look at him if you want.

I was just looking in another forum for players and Quintero is THE ONE i ve pointed out to try when i go back home............and then i came here to see and............. :D

Decided that I'd wait for the next transfer update (January) before starting my PAO save so I hopefully didn't have to deal with such a terrible person.

i can understand your frustration...but dont wait...just use the editor and just DELETE him :D...

i know its unrealistic, but only for this i think its OK...

what do you mean by the first sentence? He buys back the team 100%???

I am middle Septembre 2011 and nothing like that happened so far...

OMG...i dont think we are going to save Panathinaikos from those bstrds...

They are like curse...

Anyway...

A goalkeeper cheap and good as Quintero would be nice...:)

Yes, the Prince and Tsakas are just fall guys for Tzigger. Tzigger won't loosen his grip.

It's just depressing to manage the team with these guys around. Deleting Tzigger is not enough, I'd rather put him in prison.

Will probably delete him and make a save anyway.

If you want a GK for cheap, get your Scout to search South America (Argentina particularly). There's usually some good GK's that you can pickup for a few hundred K.

delete tzigger and gontikas, edit pateras as chairman and change some traits and board/fan confidence of the remaining guys and you're set. Plus make the budget 3-5m or something, more realistic that way.

Also messing with the editor I noticed how overrated Olympiakos is compared to the rest of the Greek teams (and even Italian-Spanish-German teams).

I got Wilfried for 2.5m (minimum fee) and he was a beast. Carlos Diogo preferred to go to another team. Won the league and cup though so it's all good

I'll give an update on my save.

First season I won the league by five points. Signed Quintero, Tomic and Denis, a Brazilian GK, on loan. Quintero & Tomic have proven to be stars of the team. Lost in the QF of Greek Cup and QF of EL.

Second season, I signed an awesome Argentine DL/DC and Fulop for GK. Got a really good Greek ST through the youth academy too who's now on a professional contract. 15 games into the season and I'm ahead by six points.

My CL group was Liverpool, Bayern, PAO and Anderlecht. I beat Anderlecht twice (including a 6-1) but lost to Liverpool and Bayern both times so I'm in the EL against Dinamo Kyiv.

Dunno why, but Greek teams are doing TERRIBLY in Europe on my save. Both times the co-efficient was a 3. something or 4. something.

Hopefully in the third season a decent CL campaign will follow for me.

Hi guys. Just thought I'd pop in here and have a look around seeing as I'm managing Panathinaikos. Finished second in my first season, three points behind Olympiakos. Made it to the Champions League Group Stage (knocking out Standard Liege and Villarreal in the qualifiers) but only picked up a point from a group that included Manchester Utd, Valencia and Trabzonspor (Utd and Trabzonspor went through). I finished top of the European places play off at the end of the season.

Interesting thing happened at the end of the season. There was a takeover. The new chairman offered me a new contract and gave me £10m to spend! Prior to that I had a transfer budget of exactly £0. So I'm pleased. Just about to go into my second season.

Just thought I'd add, I disabled first window transfer budgets, so I signed nobody in my first season. This made it tough, as you really need strikers when you start with Panathinaikos. Toché scored eleven in the league and Petropoulos got ten, but I didn't rate either of them. Also struggled in goal, with Karnezis starting as first choice, then losing his place to Kotsolis around December, before regaining it at the end. Central defence was problematic too because my first-choice pairing of Boumsong and Sarriegi lacked mobility and pace. Ended up dropping Sarriegi and playing Bjarsmyr, who can at least run a bit.

Anyway, second season has seen the arrival of Amr Zaki, Cláudio Pitbull Giorgios Samaras, Marco Torsiglieri (a youngish Argentine centre back with a bit of pace) and two goalkeepers - Germán Lux and Cassio. I've also signed Manchester youngster Mohammed Abu, who I hope will develop in the midfield. On loan, I've brought in Stéphane Sessegnon, a young Lyon defender Nicolas Seguin and Villarreal forward Kike.

Departures are numerous. I'm basically trying to reshape and aging squad. Gave Karagounis another year, though. Couldn't resist. Legend.

*Forgot to mention Florent Sinama-Pongolle among my loan signings. Hoping my new attacking options will offer a bit more than what Toché, Petropoulos and Rudolf offered last season.

Hi Mike, looks like you've done pretty well on your save :thup:

I'm taking a look at Seguin on my save as I badly need defenders. I've done exactly what you've done and reshaped the team (sort of what they are planning in real life). Signed John Fleck on a free too, he's good :D. Quintero though is on fire for me upfront.

Fortunately, I've gotten two really good players through my academy (one of them being a striker already better than Toché).

messed a bit with the editor as I can't stand the board and added some transfer funds too, it's unrealistic to have 200k or whatever

Unrealistic? Says who? Dont use the unrealistic excuse just because you wanted more cash for a club that is as cash-strapped as can be. Check who they signed IRL and then decide if it unrealistic.

Made a new save with Panathinaikos :).

Got into the CL playing a 5-4-1, beat Lyon to get there. I'm tied top in the league with Olympiacos after 6 games. As long as I win the league I'll be happy :).

First Season Update

Been home with a virus, so made loads of progress. Unfortunately, in the league I finished second and missed out on the title by ONE point. I would have beaten Olympiakos on head to head if we had finished level. This was a massive shame but gives me motivation to knock them off the top of Greek football next year.

Made the Greek Cup Final and had a disappointing loss to Atromitos, however, this was because I was preparing for the...EUROPA LEAGUE FINAL. I'd been using Mr. Hough's tactic in Europe and it was working wonders. I came up against Shakhtar Donetsk and won 2-0 :). This massively improved my finances and reputation so I brought in the following players for the new season:

Gaston Ramirez, Wilfried, Luca Cigarini, Renan Ribeiro and a few more good players.

I'm also switching to my usual FM tactic, a 4-5-1. Already won the first two games. Here's to the new season!

The only negative is that I was bought by Vardinogiannis.

think i might give these a go as never managed in greece before..what formation does everyone use?

Sorry for the late reply.

In Greece you'll mostly come across a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-5-1. I usually play 4-3-3- or 4-5-1 so I equal the amount of central midfielders. The best advice I could give anyone is ship out the garbage in the team and buy a fast striker for 2M-3M. It increases your chances dramatically. Sell Cleyton for 1M, Petropoulos for 800k etc. And renew Ninis contract.

I'm in 2014/2015 right now and dominating the domestic scene whilst building a good team for Europe. I buy the best 17/18 year olds around then let them develop into my squad. I got Carlos Fierro for 850k and he's been a BEAST.

think i might give these a go as never managed in greece before..what formation does everyone use?
the sqaud is probably best suited to play 4-2-3-1 so thats probably what I would start with, even if I prefare to use the same formation as Candre mention

have been thinking of playing Panathinaikos for a while now, but I'm waiting for the data patch before starting anything, and when the patch arrive im sure a Roma save will distract me, so we will have to see if I find the time

the sqaud is probably best suited to play 4-2-3-1 so thats probably what I would start with, even if I prefare to use the same formation as Candre mention

have been thinking of playing Panathinaikos for a while now, but I'm waiting for the data patch before starting anything, and when the patch arrive im sure a Roma save will distract me, so we will have to see if I find the time

Yes. The best players on the squad are Leto (who REALLY needs a CA boost) and Ninis. AML and a AMC.

You can clear up significant funds by selling the players you don't need. It's a much more difficult save this year. Last year there was Cissé, Gilberto Silva, Govou and money. THis year the team needs a big rebuild.

Leto (Left Winger), Katsouranis (Box 2 Box), Ninis (Trequartista), Lazaros (Right Winger or Left Inside Forward), Simao (Anchor man), Vitolo (Anchor Man) Boumsong (Stopper), Zeca (Right Wide Midfielder or Right Winger or Ball Winning Midfielder), Vyntra (Defend Full Back RL, or Quick Stopper) and Kapinos (Potensialy great Goalkeeper) are the only players worth keeping...All the others have huge weaknesses...

In my new save after the new patch i kept only Ninis, Katsouranis, Kapinos, Zeca and Leto (who FINALY has his correct attributes) and sold all the other as i want to build a good modern team full of South Americans and from Europe only French and Portugal players...

Good buys with the new patch are :

Goalkeepers : Barovero, Renan Ribeiro (too expensive though)

Left FBacks : Loic Nestor, Claude Dielna (Carole next year)

Right FBacks : Luizao (24 years old free), Jonathan Rivierez

I think Fbacks has to be also stoppers to stop crosses and be tall in corners...

Stoppers : Caruzzo, Ismael Traore, Rafael Toloi (expensive), Tzimopoulos (Giannina)

Defensive Midfielders : Ezequiel Carboni (free-must buy), Facundo Piriz, Claudio Yacob, Rodrigo Battaglia

AMC : Guido Pizarro (retrain) and Katsouranis

AML : Andre Luciano Da Silva (Pinga...free-must buy) and you have Leto

AMR : Ninis and Zeca

ST : Quintero and Sanogo (loan) and for the next year Carlos Fierro

What formation? 4-2-3-1?

Leto does finally have his correct attributes. He's a beast.

I play 4-1-2-2-1...

GK Renan Ribeiro - Kapinos - Kotsolis

DR Luizao - Rivierez

DC Caruzzo - Ismael Traore

DC Insaurralde - Cabrera

DL Claude Dielna - Umtiti (Loan)

DM Carboni - Battaglia

MC Piriz - Zeca

MC Pizarro - Katsouranis

AMR Leto - Mouche

AML Ninis - Rafinha (Loan - Barcelona...Until Lazaros recovers his injurie)

ST Quintero - Athanasiadis

I ve also bought Carlos Fierro and Diego Polenta for the next year...

Hope i go far in the Champions League to save my finances after all those 48 months transfers (12 Million):)

About Leto...

Tomorow after work i will post a screenshot of how he is doing for me as a right Inside forward, in January 2012...

BEAST :thup::D

:eek: How many seasons in are you? You've got an impressive team.

Bit depressed about real life events to play FM at the moment :(.

Also, can you send me your formation though just in case I do make a save. What legues have you loaded?

This is my first season...

I loaded Greek League only, and All Players from South America and France...

I received about 6 million from sell outs and bought all those players in 48 months payment...

Renan Ribeiro (7M(1,45M this year), Insaurralde (2.5M) and Quintero (3M) were the most expensive...

Pizarro (Guido), Piriz and Athanasiadis cost me about 1.5M (300K each from this year budjet) and all the others were much cheaper...

Luizao is the free one at the start (24 years old stopper retrained to play RB)

Battaglia is the young one (Rodrigo)

So far its going well, after HOURS of frustration finding a stable and solid tactic i build one that does what i have in mind...Blocking opponents CCC's by sitting deep and creates a lot for your team in the break...I conceed goals (so far something like 40 games, 80 goals scores 35 goals conceeded) but i stay solid against big opponents and win those matches (derbies and CL)...I knocked out Benfica in playoffs, then qualified from group against Rangers, Dortmund and Milan (3-2-1, 8-6 goals) and i knocked out Inter in the first knockout (2-1 home, 2-2 away)...But it needs certain players (the full backs beeing stoppers, the MC's beeing good defensive, the striker beeing quick etc) and i struggle with it in home easy Greek games as it is to defensive for them...I am in March now and already won the Championship but with 15 wins, 7 draws and 3 loses...I didnt lose a single derby though i won them all home and away...

The formation : http://www.gamefront.com/files/21454706/Sebastian+Leto+433.tac

PS. I dont want to say about real life events...I will insist that everything, is Vardinogiannis fault...Even the riots...When he deside to stop destroying Panathinaikos it would be a good day for us...We lived the dream for two years...We will fight for this dream :)

You are right, it is Vardinogiannis fault. I think all of us would love to see our team free from Vardinogiannis grip.

Let me know how your save goes! Hopefully you get a CL win eventually :D. I find playing the likes of Xanthi can be very hard because they just DEFEND DEFEND DEFEND.

Check out the Greek Football thread in the Football Forum too.

Started my new save, loaded up just Greece (B Division) but players from the top division of: Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Cyprus, England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Mexico, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Spain and Ukraine so I have a good amount of players to choose from.

I've probably had 6-8 Panathinaikos saves on FM12, but it's the only team I find fun to manage, however this will probably be my last FM12 save, so I hope I do my best :).

I aim to bring in loads of foreigners for the first two seasons to boost the squad, then focus more on home-grown talent. I want to tailor my team to be really strong mentally regardless of their other attributes, because I believe that's where battles on the field are won.

More updates to come!

AUGUST 31st, 2011 UPDATE

So, I got all my transfers in. Didn't actually spend that much money in terms of net transfer, balanced the books as I like to do. As you can see I got most of my deals done immediately.

Screenshot2012-03-25at121241.png

Boumsong had to go because he's old, slow and on big wages. I was debating keeping Cleyton but his workrate is incompatible with my team model. Just about everyone else that left is crap, apart from Simao, who I've got 45% on future transfer profit.

Incoming I got Quintero & Ewerthon up front. Ewerthon has been retrained to AMR, so I can play 4-5-1 with Leto on the left, Ewerthon on the right and Quintero up front. I get Ewerthon & Leto to swap positions as well. Caruzzo, Craig Dawson and Marcos came into defence. Caruzzo I've had before so I know he's solid, Dawson looks really good in the air and Marcos is a versatile DR. Lucchetti will be the short team GK option until Kapinos develops, and Saihi is there on loan for midfield cover.

EUROPE wise I did really well. I struggled in the qualifiers against Zurich but got a GREAT result against Benfica, 7-2 on AGG:

Screenshot2012-03-25at121405.png

My CL group is:

Screenshot2012-03-25at121318.png

Most important goal for me is the league though, everything else is secondary :).

Panathinaikos lacks Defence and Strikers...So very nice buys...

Have in mind to buy FROM NOW Roderick Miranda (DC) and Esteban Andrada (GK-Fgn)

They are very cheap for their potensial ability...About 300-400K both...

If you have availiable funds also buy Carlos Fierro...I bought him in October 2011 for about 3M...In two-three years he will cost 10 times that :)

Good thinking with Lucchetti covering Kapinos for one-two years...He is great but Kapinos is a must for us!:)

Currently having a weird, but good save.

The main problem is that in my second season, Olympiakos won the EL and then got bought by a Scottish businessman, now their club worth is over 120M! They signed Defoe, Muntari, Strasser and others, but I'm still 7+ 15 games into my third season on half their wage budget :D. I'll post some screenshots tomorrow when hopefully the Mac issue is fixed.

Hi Guys

I started playing with PAO didnt make any amendments to anything like you all said had only £200k to work with sold boumsong for £2.1m cause he was rubbish and his wages were sky high also terminated Quincy's loan in January cuz he was pants even when he did play. Got knocked out by Bayern Munich in champions league qualifier but got to the quarter finals of the Europa League losing to Arsenal 3-2. Wont the league and greek cup but i have lost a lot of players but brought through Tasos Lagos playing him in central defence and DMC he is really good and Kapinos was my number 1.

Urgently need a real good left back as Spyropoulos got too gready plus i was playing Iornaidis who is younger and better but i need cover for him, Got any good young greek left backs cause i got nothing coming from my youth team, plus i also need maybe one more central defender as cover as i got rid of Sarriegei cause he wanted way too much and he wasnt really going to play. Oh i have no available FGN slots and i would prefer greek players that are affordable.

Thanks

Try and get Tzavellas...and as for a DC, look at Rolando (I believe FCP) and Daniel Carrico (Sporting Lisbon) who I've signed.

If you want good Greek wingers, also look at Vlachodimos (Xanthi) and Thanasis Karagounis (Atromitos).

Yea lost out on Tzavellas to a german club so im having to play Vyntra make shift left back when Ioarnnadis gets tired or injured. As for a DC i may look to my youth to try to develop them and then try to get a left back in January window or another DC if that dont work out. I will check out your wingers too see if maybe i could pouch them.

I think i need to invest in my youth get better coaches but they are hard to get as i cant afford their wages or they just dont want to come to greece. Any suggestions mate???

Here, I'll give you some advice on how I build my PAO teams, plus answer your questions.

First of all, PAO tradition has always been to field 6-7 of the best Greeks around and import 3-4 of the best foreigners the club can afford. Therefore, you try to create a good balance. The foreigners you should buy usually include a striker, because it's hard to come by good Greek strikers.

Darwin Quintero, Carlos Fierro, Fredy Montero are all good options, and there are others out there (Look for South Americans).

On every December 30th, go to 'Player Search' and filter to players with contracts expiring in 6 months. That way you can sign good players on pre-contract deals without the transfer fees.

As for Greek players, Vlachodimos/Thanasis Karagounis WILL be much better than Mavrias. Fourlanos will be good too.

Other good young players:

Andreas Samaris, Dimitris Anakoglou, Giorgos Katidis, Nikoforos Tsontakis.

A couple of weeks after every Youth Intake. Go to 'Player Search' and filter for Greeks under 17. Every so often Greece gets a great batch of youth, followed by a few years of crap, so when the good batch comes, make sure to sign up the good young players.

When your reputation improves, you might be able to get better players to come like Petsos/Fortounis.

Just some thoughts about the 2012-2013 Panathinaikos in FM 13 and reality.

Jesualdo Ferreira will abandon the classic Porto 41221 and will play a 4231 because of the lack of good box2box midfielders.

Goalkeepers

Karnezis - Kapinos - Kotsolis

Reality : A nice pack of gollies considering our finance situation. Karnezis is solid, Kapinos has a brilliant future.

FM 13 : Kapinos will definitely have better CA this year, so an easy first choice and two descent backups.

Central Defenders

Boumsong - Velazquez - Pinto - Sow

Reality : Kante was pretty mediocre, Sarriegi was a bad defender. The two youngsters Velazquez and Pinto will definitely be better than them. Boumsong is the leader, hope he never stays on bench because of an injurie. Sow is just the fourth solution. Normally he will play as a Defensive Midfielder. There is also Triantafyllopoulos, who was in the first eleven of the Greek U19 who reached the final in Euro U19 recently. Katsouranis can also play there.

FM 13 : Boumsong is a must as he now has pretty reduced wages. Pinto is descent. Sow has some mediocre mental stats and Velazquez may be in the Wonderkids list of FM Scout site but he has some pretty bad attributes for a Central Defender. Boumsong Pinto Triantafyllopoulos and a transfer of a good defender will be the final four.

Full backs

Left : Spyropoulos - Chouchoumis

Right : Vyntra - Marinos

Reality : Considering again the financial situation Marinos is a good option for the right, Spyropoulos a descent one for the left. Vyntra is quick and strong but he is technically bad for a wing back and too prone in mistakes. I hope Chouchoumis who is coming from our academy turns to be a descent solution for the left as Spyropoulos is bad defensively.

FM 13 : If Chouchoumis has the current stats, we ll need a left back for first choice.

Central Midfielders

Katsouranis - Zeca - Vitolo - Sow

Reality : Katsouranis has low workrate and decisions, he is also slow but he is good mentaly and a good finisher. When he is not playing the attacking part of Panathinaikos lacks a lot. Zeca is quick, hard worker, and descent technically. He doesnt have the vision of Katsouranis. Vitolo is a pitbull :) Sow is the classic anchor man. If Quinsy stays Vitolo and Zeca will be the first choises. If Quinsy leaves Zeca will play on the right so Vitolo and Katsouranis will be the first choices and Marinos (RB) the backup. Unfortunately :p Vyntra has a value of 1 in reality in injurie proneness so there will not be any gap there because of Marinos transfer from RB backup to MC backup. Fourlanos and Lagos are also availiable coming from our youth academy. Fourlanos was also a first 11 of the U19 Euro Runner Up Greece. Probably Sow will compete Vitolo.

FM 13 : This pack of CMs is good in defence part but if Katsouranis is out no one else has the vision to help attacking. Probably they will be ok for the first year though.

Wingers - Inside Forwards.

Zeca - Sissoko - Mavrias - Barbarouses.

Reality : Zeca is quick and descent technically but this position is not ideal for him. The best choise is to keep Quinsy Abeye there. If not, Zeca will be the first choice there. Sissoko was brilliant in the first and only official match we played. He is quick, technically gifted, good creative passer, and in this match he had a Workrate and Teamwork of 20. In this match he was the dream of every fan. He covered every single part of the ground in all areas in defense and off the ball movement in attack and when he had the ball he was pretty dangerous ending the match with one assist. If he is consistent he will cover the huuuuuuge loss (injured) of our best player Sebastian Leto. Mavrias is quick, descent technically and a hard worker (he reminds me of Salpingidis), and with Jesualdo Ferreira he can evolve in a good player. Barbarousis is a mystery. We know he is good technically, we have to see if he can cope in a big club and a hard tackling league. Probably yes because of the great manager called Jesualdo Ferreira.

FM 13 : Probably Barbarousis will leave, and we are looking for a good inside forward.

Advanced Playmaker.

Lazaros - Fornaroli.

Reality : Lazaros has a great talent (good vision, good pass, good dribble, descent quickness) but he has in FM terms low decisions and composure. I think through Ferreira work he will abandon those Karagounis flaws :) Fornaroli will be the second best choice for this position. We dont know gis ability, we know Sambdoria spent a descent amount of cash for him in 2008, we know he is technical gifted, we trust Ferreira as he is his personal choice, if he is not injurie prone he will be always in the first eleven in the Striker - Deep Lying forward position. Katsouranis, Barbarousis, Sissoko can also play in AMC position.

FM 13 : A transfer of a good 10 is essential and Lazaros will be his backup.

Striker

Fornaroli - Toche - Petropoulos

Reality : If Fornaroli cant play for any reason we have a big problem here. Toche is a pretty BAD striker for our level and a nightmare for us Panathinaikos fans as we were used for two years to have there THE LEGEND DJIBRIL CISSE. And i think Petropoulos cant cope either.

FM 13 : Fornaroli is good enough to stay. Toche and Petropoulos will leave and probably we are seeking for an imidiate arrival of Carlos Fierro (as he will be 18) if he costs the same :)

A nice year for us, as the Vardinogiannis family finaly after many years of war with the fans left the club........

:thup: Good post my friend. Finally no more Tzigger and his bizarre family.

I'm not sure if I will get FM 13, however I am having loads of fun with PAO on FM 12:).

I hope some of our young players get their CA/PA improved. Greek players have been severely underrated on the last two FM's and I'd like that to change. Mavrias deserved a massive boost on all ends.

Finally !!! :)

All our players need a boost because of Ferreira. He gives them 2-3 bigger value in all attributes :)

And off course our Greeks, who reached the final of U19 Euro!

Fourlanos is OK. Totally agree about Mavrias boost.

From other teams Gianniotas needs a huge boost (what a good player and how bad is it that we dont buy him and Katidis. They are very cheap).

Athanasiadis from paok is my favorite. What a great player did you see the back heel goal he scored yesterday against the Israely team?

Wish we had him instead of Toche :thdn:

In the hands of Ferreira he would be great

Stafylidis is also very very good!

I didn't see the goal, but Athanasiadis is a very good player. I also think Katidis could do with a boost. I'd love him at PAO.

We have a Greek football thread in the football forum, you should post :).