Sports Interactive Community
mgershon

How to play your edited Database

So I just spent a while updated my database and when I go to load the game nothing has changed. Can someone walk me through this since I am really confused.

Thanks

When you click on new game, a window should pop up asking you which database you want to select. Select the one you edited/created. If the window doesn't come up (don't know if it does in FM12) then when you are on the new game screen selecting which nations you want to play, near the top left you will see a button that says editor data files. Click on that and then select your file that you edited/created.

Quick question please. I edited a couple of player attributes & club attributes just to try out. Loaded the database & started a new game. Club attributes seem to be changed but the player attributes remain the same as default. Any idea what is wrong?

No window pops up and the Editor change button can't but pushed. Where should I put the changed DB I think that might be the problem.

No window pops up and the Editor change button can't but pushed. Where should I put the changed DB I think that might be the problem.

The files need to be in editor data folder inside your My Documnets -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2012 folder.

Quick question please. I edited a couple of player attributes & club attributes just to try out. Loaded the database & started a new game. Club attributes seem to be changed but the player attributes remain the same as default. Any idea what is wrong?

If you up players attributes, you need to increase their CA as well.

No as long as it is inside the my documents -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2012 -> Editor Data, if it's still not appearing, can you try deleting your cache, how to do that can be found here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184730&viewfull=1#post7184730

5. Remove from Caches following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to your home (Shape of a house) folder

- Go to Library

- Go to Caches

- Go to Sports Interactive

- Go to Football Manager 2012

- Delete all contents in this folder.

What changes were you looking to make? I honestly don't know why this isn't working for you. Can you upload a screenshot of where you have put the files please?

I have put them into User ->Documents -> Sports Interactive -> Editor 2012 -> Editor Data. I am using steam, don't know if this makes a difference. I am trying to change club finances, and add people.

Ah right thats the problem mgershon. It needs to be User -> Documents -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2012 -> Editor Data, not User -> Documents -> Sports Interactive -> Editor 2012 -> Editor Data