From Young Men to World Beaters

dafuge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Daf I think it would be fascinating to see a summary of the various players you've had through your youth system (that have made it) from the point they were created to the high point of their respective careers.

Any information about facilities, finances etc would also be really good.

My youth system has been pretty poor, with the exception of a few players (Bickerstaff, Lennon, McComb). Any screenshots I have of them will have already been posted in the thread as I haven't really tracked the progress of their careers that closely.

If there are any specific screenshots you would like to see regarding facilities etc. just let me know and I'll put them up :thup:

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2069/70

We haven't won the Champions League for two years, so it was important we improved.

League Table

It was great to see Tobermore back in 2nd.

Domestic Cups - just the one loss, in the cup final.

UEFA Champions League - almost a clean sweep as we beat Bayern to take the title.

Glentoran in Europe - a great group stage, but Bayern were too much for them.

Linfield in Europe - nothing inspiring.

Tobermore in Europe - not bad.

Newry in Europe - a decent group stage, but that was it.

Squad - there's a few gaps, but the squad is stronger than it has been for some time.

Transfers - a lot of action as we picked up a few bargains.

Premiership Transfers - Glentoran the big spenders.

Key Player Profiles:

Marcus Bickerstaff - another big injury makes the end look a lot closer for the legend.

Sandrinho - top scorer again.

Izudin Mehmedovic - superb as a supporting striker.

Pat Daws - possibly the replacement for Bickerstaff.

Raniero Onofri - not rated that highly, but he's been superb.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2033/34   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2034/35   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2036/37   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Europa League winners
2037/38   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2039/40   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2040/41   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2041/42   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2043/44   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, CWC and Champions League winners
2044/45   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2045/46   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, and Champions League winners
2046/47   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League Cup and CWC winners
2047/48   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2049/50   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2050/51   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2051/52   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2052/53   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2053/54   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2054/55   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2055/56   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, NextGen, Mid-Ulster,  Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2056/57   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2057/58   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2058/59   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership,  Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2059/60   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership,  Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2060/61   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership,  Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2061/62   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2062/63   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2063/64   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2064/65   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2065/66   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2066/67   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2067/68   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2068/69   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Irish Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2069/70   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

It would be nice to get back into the habit of winning successive Champions League titles, but it would be nicer if someone else from Northern Ireland won one.

Any chance of a screenshot of your newly-acquired Australian? Preferably the attributes page, since I like to see the polygon. History too, if it's not too much trouble. :)

Amazing how far you've taken NI, keep up the good work. :thup:

Any chance of a screenshot of your newly-acquired Australian? Preferably the attributes page, since I like to see the polygon. History too, if it's not too much trouble. :)

Amazing how far you've taken NI, keep up the good work. :thup:

Mitchell Regan - Attributes - History

He's versatile, which is why I signed him. I tried to pick him up a few years ago but he couldn't get a work permit.

Reputation and Coefficients

Carling Premiership - 3rd in European competitions (4 stars) - up 1

Northern Ireland - 2nd in UEFA coefficients - up 1

Northern Ireland - 44th in FIFA rankings - down 25

Bourneview - 1st in UEFA coefficients - no change

Glentoran - 34th in UEFA coefficients - up 7

Linfield - 16th in UEFA coefficients - down 2

Newry - 27th in UEFA coefficients - no change

Tobermore United - 2nd in UEFA coefficients - no change

Great work Daf

You've inspired me into a similar game. I'm in the second season (ND1) and I just flicked back to your second season report and was amazed by the amount of foreign players you had! How did you manage that? Mine are all NI without exception and I cannot get the board to allow me to scout outside of the UK!

Great work Daf

You've inspired me into a similar game. I'm in the second season (ND1) and I just flicked back to your second season report and was amazed by the amount of foreign players you had! How did you manage that? Mine are all NI without exception and I cannot get the board to allow me to scout outside of the UK!

I can't really remember, but I did take quite a few on trial. I also was allowed to scout in Europe surprisingly early on.

Great work Daf

I'm doing the same thing as well im 9 seasons in as the manager of Police Service of Northern Ireland won everything but for the first 2 seasons it is tough to sign foreign players but a tip for you would to be to try and look for some scandinavians at first in particular Denmark as they tend to have a couple of decent regens coming through every season also if you need someone for January check Ireland (not really too foreign) as they announce their new youth intake at that time and some of them can be quite decent. I did this and pretty much had a cakewalk to the summit of the Northern Irish League of course I wanna do something similar to Dafuge however with the domination for a couple of seasons it can be a little dull however I think it would be worth it to get to Dafuges current level

BTW Daf how much on average do you pay for taxes a month?

England is not that far anymore. In 3 years it's possible to be on top of Europe.

It certainly looks like we could catch them, but I have a feeling that we will decline over the next few years as the clubs adjust to life without their tycoon owners. I don't think we will ever be able to score 20+ as England have done.

Prize/TV money is the problem. Winning the Premiership brings in around £624k, which is peanuts compared to other countries.

Do you not get more money for the All-Ireland Cup? Least you did when I had a N. Ireland save on FM12 (though I think this was a bug and was fixed by SI)

It was a bug that was fixed fairly early on. The prize money rocketed up to about £5m, which was quite helpful for a small club :D

I can't remember what the prize money is now, but it's nothing like that.

Any chance that you could check Bourneview reputation with FMRTE? I am playing game with İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyespor at the moment, and find it extremelly odd that club reputation is rising very slowly, even though I played in couple of European finals. In 2019 it's still around 6800.

Any chance that you could check Bourneview reputation with FMRTE? I am playing game with İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyespor at the moment, and find it extremelly odd that club reputation is rising very slowly, even though I played in couple of European finals. In 2019 it's still around 6800.

I don't have FMRTE. This is probably the best I can do.

Club reputation does rise really slowly though, I remember really struggling to raise the reputation early on.

I don't have FMRTE. This is probably the best I can do.

Club reputation does rise really slowly though, I remember really struggling to raise the reputation early on.

I tracked the reputation increase of my club for a few seasons because of how long it was taking. Once your club gets more reputation than a given competition you get no more increases from winning that competition, so when you get a high enough reputation you're only really gaining more from winning the Champions League (the only five star club competition) with diminishing returns the greater your reputation is.

3849->4261(league)->4261(leaguecup)->4261(welshcup)->5695(champleague)
->6021(SuperCup)->6265(CWC)->6265(league)->6265(leaguecup)->6265(welshcup)->7198(champleague)
->7198(SuperCup)->7198(CWC)->7198(league)->7198(leaguecup)->7198(Welshcup)->7898(CHLeague)
->7898(SuperCup)->7898(CWC)->7898(league)->7898(leaguecup)->7898(welshcup)->8423(CHLeague)
->8423(supercup)->8423(CWC)->8423(league)->8423(leaguecup)->8423(welshcup)->8817(CHLeague)
->9112(CHLeague)
->9334(CHLeague)
->9500(CHLeague)

Daf, I have spent the past few days reading this mate you have done a top job. Its great to see some of the other teams getting some success as well. Hopefully the take over is ok, what is Bickerstaff's career goals now?

His total now stands at 1130, which means he has now scored 1025 goals for the club.

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2070/71

We won the Champions League for the first time in a while last season, but it didn't look as good for the other teams in Northern Ireland.

League Table

Newry profited from a Champions league spot as Linfied had a shocker.

Domestic Cups - things were going well until a shock in the Setanta Cup final.

UEFA Super Cup - it was a close game but we lost out on penalties.

FIFA Club World Cup - a last minute winner settled a poor match.

UEFA Champions League - we had a couple of scares in the knockout rounds but made our way to a second consecutive win thanks to a one sided final.

Glentoran in Europe - they did well to get out of the group but could finish the job in the Bernabéu.

Linfield in Europe - pretty awful in the Champions League but the Europa League run looked good, until they went to Germany.

Tobermore in Europe - they were really unlucky not to qualify from a tough group, but made a decent run in the Europa League until they made a mess of reaching the final.

Newry in Europe - a great run, but another club beaten by Manchester United (who lost to Barcelona in the final).

Squad - injuries to strikers left us a bit short in possibly our weakest position and we may need a new goalie.

Transfers - a decent profit was made, with an extra striker coming in for cover.

Premiership Transfers - Glentoran spend a bit, but the transfers have ceased up at Tobermore.

Key Player Profiles:

Marcus Bickerstaff - another big injury and a wish to go into management, the end could be near.

Pat Daws - he was our top scorer, but nothing like Bickerstaff in his prime.

Sandrinho - supposedly the weakest striker, but a great scoring record.

Samuel Fernández - a provider of many assists from the left wing.

Douglas - great stuff from the other winger.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2033/34   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2034/35   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2036/37   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Europa League winners
2037/38   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2039/40   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2040/41   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2041/42   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2043/44   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, CWC and Champions League winners
2044/45   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2045/46   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, and Champions League winners
2046/47   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League Cup and CWC winners
2047/48   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2049/50   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2050/51   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2051/52   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2052/53   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2053/54   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2054/55   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2055/56   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, NextGen, Mid-Ulster,  Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2056/57   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2057/58   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2058/59   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership,  Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2059/60   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership,  Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2060/61   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership,  Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2061/62   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2062/63   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2063/64   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2064/65   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2065/66   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2066/67   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2067/68   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2068/69   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Irish Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2069/70   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League Cup and Champions League winners
2070/71   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish Cup, CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

It was great to retain the Champions League title, but the decline of some of the other clubs is a worry. The tycoons leaving has come just at the wrong time.

Carling Premiership - 3rd in European competitions (4 stars) - no change

Northern Ireland - 3rd in UEFA coefficients - down 1

Northern Ireland - 56th in FIFA rankings - down 12

Glentoran - 28th in UEFA coefficients - up 6

Linfield - 17th in UEFA coefficients - down 1

Newry - 24th in UEFA coefficients - up 3

Tobermore United - 2nd in UEFA coefficients - no change

Do you think you'll ever get thats no. 1 spot in the coefficients in time before FM13 comes out? i can't help but thinking that you have got as far as you can (but then agan I have thought this a couple of times when reading!!).

Have you had any thoughts on your plans for a career in the next FM?

Do you think you'll ever get thats no. 1 spot in the coefficients in time before FM13 comes out? i can't help but thinking that you have got as far as you can (but then agan I have thought this a couple of times when reading!!).

Have you had any thoughts on your plans for a career in the next FM?

Unfortunately I think we have probably peaked as a country and will never reach that top spot. The only thing that could change it is if some new tycoons come in.

No idea about FM13 yet, although I am thinking about it.

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2071/72

We were back in the habit of winning, but unfortunately the rest of the country wasn't. At the moment we are suffering a bit of a decline as the money runs out in Northern Ireland.

League Table

Our second successive unbeaten season, which seemed highly unlikely a few years ago. Linfield once again missed the cut and Tobermore nearly lost out on a Champions league spot.

Domestic Cups - a clean sweep with wins in every game.

UEFA Super Cup - we were lucky to get away with a win here.

FIFA Club World Cup - an unusual opponent for the final, but the usual result.

UEFA Champions League - we were quite shaky in the knockout stages, but saved our best for the final.

Glentoran in Europe - they had a tough draw in the Champions League, but then went on an historic run in the Europa League, winning the competition.

Linfield in Europe - shocking.

Tobermore in Europe - had a decent group stage, but were no match for Barcelona.

Newry in Europe - a complete waste of time.

Squad - the squad is insanely good at the moment.

Transfers - it was a busy transfer window as we looked to improve our squad.

Premiership Transfers - it is started to look like it did a few years ago, we are the only team involved.

Key Player Profiles:

Marcus Bickerstaff - was used sparingly but still managed more than a goal a game.

Pat Daws - top scorer, and a great striker.

Vitaly Melnikov - signed to replace Sandrinho, could well be our top scorer next season.

Abdallah Nahimana - he played the easier games, but still made a huge impact.

Laurent David - a superb season from the youngster.

Career Overview

2070/71   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2071/72   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

Despite the awesome Glentoran Europa League win, there's no doubt that Northern Ireland is in decline due to a lack of money. Linfield, Tobermore and Newry all have 'insecure' finances, which isn't a good sign.

2072 O_O

How do you find the motivation (and time) to keep with the same save?

I prefer the long term stuff to the short term stuff, so I always take ages to get into a save game but then stick with it. This will be the third year running I have played just one save game from release day to the next one.

I prefer the long term stuff to the short term stuff, so I always take ages to get into a save game but then stick with it. This will be the third year running I have played just one save game from release day to the next one.

I've only done one save file this time as well - although more from lack of finding a good challenge/set-up than anything else - and that one only lasted until 2038 and involved multiple clubs, couldn't imagine going much further than that especially with the same side.

I think it just depends how much detail you like to go into. I only ever play one tactic and I watch the matches on commentary only, so it means I can really zoom through the seasons. I also try and keep my updates concise so I can get on with playing.

I do commentary only as well - so much more quicker, more like the old CM days. I only started tinkering with tactics in FM12, I usually stick with 4-4-2 but this time as I jumped around leagues and continents I had to adapt every so often to keep near the top of the leagues which made this game a bit more different for me.

I guess your at the stage where your scratching your head over what to do in FM13 now?

Carling Premiership - 3rd in European competitions (4 stars) - no change

Northern Ireland - 4th in UEFA coefficients - down 1

Northern Ireland - 41st in FIFA rankings - up 15

Glentoran - 19th in UEFA coefficients - up 9

Linfield - 29th in UEFA coefficients - down 12

Newry - 30th in UEFA coefficients - down 6

Tobermore United - 6th in UEFA coefficients - down 4

Who would have thought that coefficients wise worst NI season in many years would be the one in which NI clubs won both CL and EL.

Yes :D

It just highlights the problem we have, a lack of depth in the league. You really need about 6/7 great teams to challenge the top of the coefficients.

Spent the whole day reading through this thread, my gf is utterly pissed at me for ignoring her all day.

Your career gave me a nice idea for a career of my own, taking a league to the top by managing the top 5-6 teams all at the same time.

It would be nice to see a history screenshot of 4-5 of your club's legends :D

Archived