From Young Men to World Beaters

dafuge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was there any change over years in prize money that is awarded for finishing position in NI Prem league? If not, than that is for sure one of the factors that are slowing down progress of league as a whole.

Was there any change over years in prize money that is awarded for finishing position in NI Prem league? If not, than that is for sure one of the factors that are slowing down progress of league as a whole.

I think there has been a small change, but certainly nothing that would make a difference.

I think there has been a small change, but certainly nothing that would make a difference.

Congratulations Dafuge for your amazing tenacity and success!!

One more question on this as I am trying to achieve something similar to what your are doing (much easier though as I am currently managing an average club from Greece).

Has there been an increase on TV money over the years? The Greek Super League reputation has just gone up by half a star but I still haven't seen a change on TV money.

Has there been an increase on TV money over the years? The Greek Super League reputation has just gone up by half a star but I still haven't seen a change on TV money.

At the start of my game the prize money for winning the Premiership was about £50k, a couple of decades later it has grown to £384k.

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2035/36

Linfield and Glentoran had good seasons in Europe, so we needed to keep winning to make sure they kept getting the opportunities in Europe. For anyone wondering, this is the season I have replayed due to my file becoming corrupted.

League Table

A perfect season.

Domestic Cups - the usual wins, although there was nearly a shock in the League Cup final.

UEFA Super Cup - an easy win.

FIFA Club World Cup - another easy trophy.

UEFA Champions League - This were looking great as we swept aside every team we faced. Unfortunately though the final did not go our way as we lost on penalties. This is bad news for the other clubs as it means Linfield are back in the qualifiers and Glentoran are in the Europa League.

Linfield in Europe - not a great year for Linfield as they finished bottom of their group.

Glentoran in Europe - this was huge, as they played superbly in the qualifiers to make the group stage for the first time. The Europa League didn't go too well though.

Squad - the squad is in transition as a lot of my early signings are approaching 30.

Transfers - I replicated the transfers from the lost season and a half in the summer, then made a couple more in January. Finances shouldn't be a problem for a while.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - another stunning goal tally.

Ramil Yershov - another superb year for the midfielder.

Luciano Pizzaro - a new striker who seems to be playing the support role well.

Jorge Ubieto - the winger from Barca is playing brilliantly.

Admir Juric - another brilliant right winger.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2033/34   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2034/35   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists

Next Season

The improvement to the youth facilities have been announced, so hopefully by next year I should start to see an improvement in the quality of youths coming through at the club.. The stadium is also being upgraded, so it should hold close to 50k soon, although it has hit the expansion limit.

The priority for us is clearly to win the Champions League again, it will be a massive blow to NI not having the three spots next season.

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 9th in European competitions (3.5 stars) - up 1

Bourneview - 1st in UEFA coefficients - no change

Northern Ireland - 9th in UEFA coefficients - no change

Northern Ireland - 113th in FIFA rankings - down 27

Linfield - 36th in UEFA coefficients - down 1

Glentoran - 79th in UEFA coefficients - up 9

Could you possibly upload a screenshot of your average attendances over time dafuge? I'd be interested to see what sort of pace they developed at.

50k sounds colossal for a club in NI, although I suppose your circumstances are somewhat unusual.

Also, your link for Juric seems to be missing?

Could you possibly upload a screenshot of your average attendances over time dafuge? I'd be interested to see what sort of pace they developed at.

50k sounds colossal for a club in NI, although I suppose your circumstances are somewhat unusual.

Also, your link for Juric seems to be missing?

Average Attendances

The attendances seemed to rise faster than we could expand the stadium, so they have been limited along the way.

Thanks for spotting that missing screenshot, I've put it back in.

Do you find that the lack of real competition in the league restricts you in anyway? Judging by your records, probably not, but do you think the players would get even better if they were challenged?

It may well hinder the progression of the players, but I think it actually helps us as a team as our form and morale is usually great going into the tougher European games. It shouldn't be like that though.

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2036/37

We missed out on the Champions league title last season, so our aim was to win it back.

League Table

Our second consecutive perfect season.

Domestic Cups - the only shock we had was squeezing past Institute with just three first team players.

UEFA Champions League - we made a complete hash of the group stage, losing three matches by a single goal that we could have won.

UEFA Europa League - Bordeaux ran us close, but we went on to win a fiery final on penalties.

Linfield in Europe - not a bad year, but it will hit us not having a second team in the group stages of the Champions league.

Glentoran in Europe - they made the group stage, but coming third was all they could get.

Squad - with the last round of transfers the squad is starting to feel a bit weak, we may need a few new faces.

Transfers - just a straight swap as we lost a key player to the dreaded new challenge.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - another great season, but he is slowing down. I'm not quite sure if I can replace him.

Luciano Pizarro - a potential replacement.

Amedeo Damiano - he sat in the reserves for a few years and I nearly sold him, but he's doing well now.

Hyun Jung-Ho - retrained to play AMC, he's been superb.

Robert Roche - a fairly new left winger who has been impressing.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2033/34   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2034/35   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2036/37   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Europa League winners

Next Season

The improvements to the youth facilities were made, but the players that came through were still rubbish. I think it will be a few years yet before we produce anyone capable of making the first team.

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 11th in European competitions (3 stars, down half a star) - down 2

Northern Ireland - 11th in UEFA coefficients - down 2

Northern Ireland - 106th in FIFA rankings - up 7

Linfield - 46th in UEFA coefficients - down 10

Glentoran - 75th in UEFA coefficients - down 4

Not looking good :(

Shame about exiting the Champions League in the group stages, that must have been a tough pill to shallow. Congrats on the Europa League win though!

Btw, do you post monthly losses or profits? How much a year are you spending on wages and how much does the new stadium generate in ticket receipts? And has you're sponsorship deals improved much since the beginning of the game?

Sorry for all the questions, just curious lol

Btw, do you post monthly losses or profits? How much a year are you spending on wages and how much does the new stadium generate in ticket receipts? And has you're sponsorship deals improved much since the beginning of the game?

I've never really properly tracked my finances, but I'll have a go at answering the questions.

Wages - my wage total is about £550k p/w, with a budget of £1.3m p/w. I think that given the size of the club it compares quite well with that of Linfield.

Income - the stadium is bringing in around £30m a year, but I'm sure we could bring in more. Unfortunately the stadium is at its limit so there will be a long wait to move again.

Sponsorship - compared to this in my first season, it is safe to say the sponsorship has increased, although we are a long way behind the other big clubs in Europe.

Aren't your players wages a bit low for a top team? What is the maximum wage your board allows?

I can offer up to £115k p/w, but I just don't need to. I've always kept my wages tight and aim to have everyone on less than £40k p/w. If wage demands get out of control then I sell them.

Takeover is finally over, the consortium has started improving the youth facilities (which I had previously agreed anyway) and pumped £246m into the club :D

Just need to wait and see if he will let me continue managing the club :eek:

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2037/38

Losing in the Champions League for the last two years has really halted the progress we had been making, especially for the other clubs in Northern Ireland. It was time we got back to our best.

League Table

We threw away a couple of matches but we seem to be scoring for fun again. Glentoran finishing second was the big story.

Domestic Cups - the usual clean sweep, although the highlight was this extra time win, with just one real player available to us!

UEFA Super Cup - we lost our discipline but managed to sneak a win.

UEFA Champions League - we were back to our best thanks to a simple route to the final, which we dominated even with ten men.

Linfield in Europe - they were really unlucky not to make the CL, but they really need to get better in the EL group stage.

Glentoran in Europe - far from spectacular, although they will be in the CL group stage next season.

Squad - it's a small, strong squad that is played in complete rotation to deal with the fixture congestion. I could probably do with adding a player or two to make up the numbers.

Transfers - another straight swap that made us a decent amount of money.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - he's slowing down now, so I need to think about how I'm going to replace him. And if I should keep him.

Saman Maqsood - he has taken his chance to lead the line and scored for fun.

Jorge Ubieto - superb stuff from the versatile player.

Admir Juric - it is tough having two great players in the same position, but we manage.

Luciano Pizarro - had a good season ended early through injury, should be fit soon though.

Career Overview

2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2036/37   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Europa League winners
2037/38   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

Things have changed a lot behind the scenes with the takeover, so I'm hoping we can continue our improvements to the facilities. It will be a few years until we can produce useful youth players though, the most recent lot were just as bad as all the others.

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 15th in European competitions (3 stars) - down 4

Northern Ireland - 11th in UEFA coefficients - no change

Northern Ireland - 81st in FIFA rankings - up 25

Linfield - 48th in UEFA coefficients - down 2

Glentoran - 65th in UEFA coefficients - up 2

Even though the players coming through your youth system arent good enough for your team, are they moving to other clubs and playing for N.I?

I've never kept any of them on, so I'm not quite sure what happens to them. They all have half a star for potential so I can't see any of them getting capped any time soon :D

Hopefully in a few years time I'll start getting players through that are capable of having a career with another top flight club in NI.

I've never kept any of them on, so I'm not quite sure what happens to them. They all have half a star for potential so I can't see any of them getting capped any time soon :D

Hopefully in a few years time I'll start getting players through that are capable of having a career with another top flight club in NI.

Yeah but half star for you could be a few stars for another team lower down in your division. I take it you have no youth team to speak of then?

Yeah but half star for you could be a few stars for another team lower down in your division. I take it you have no youth team to speak of then?

I've had a look through the youth released in the last few years, there's a small handful that have found clubs and made appearances in the Championsip 2 but quite a few of them have since been released and are without clubs.

I've got no youth players, but we still win the U18s league every year :D

What are Linfield and Glentoran's youth facilities like? Have they been improved too?

How big are their stadiums? What are attendances like in the NI Premier league?

Linfield and Glentoran have good and basic youth facilities respectively, although I'm not sure what they started off with.

Linfield's stadium holds around 24000, with an average of around 17000 last season (compared to 2000 in the first season). Glentoran's holds 12000 and had an average of around 9000 last season (compared to 1000 in the first).

94 games without losing then we meet Linfield in the League Cup, with just four players as the rest are on international duty. We lose 2-0 :(

I really hope my youth team start producing some decent players so this won't happen again.

Archived