From Young Men to World Beaters

dafuge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
without having 90% attendance at league matches he'll never the new stadium regardless of funds :(

That's the problem. I can't attract the fans to the league games to expand my stadium because the reputation of the league is quite low, but to raise the reputation of the league I could do with producing some NI players that could be sold to the other clubs.

Looks like the next few years/decades could be quite similar :D

Maybe you should manage the whole of the Northern Ireland league :D

Have you considered applying for/taking the Northern Ireland national side when it becomes available?

I did consider moving around clubs, but I want to stick with just one.

I'd love to take the NI job, but only when I've got some of my own players to call up to the squad. Unfortunately that doesn't look likely to be happening for a while!

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2021/22

Things have slowed down recently, with the club being too good in NI but not good enough in Europe. This season was just about trying to make a bit more progress.

League Table

The goal difference was different, but the rest was an exact repeat of last season. Surely the unbeaten season isn't far off now?

Mid-Ulster Cup - the fringe players won this yet again.

Irish League Cup - a big win over rivals.

Irish Cup - and another.

Setanta Cup - finally we complete the clean sweep of the cups.

UEFA Champions League - we won all our qualifiers to make it to an interesting looking group. A win, three draws and a loss put us in with a great chance of qualifying going into the final game against already qualified Roma. After 68 minutes, we topped the group, after 90 minutes we had lost and finished bottom.

Squad - the squad is good for another couple of years but I still can't get anyone to renew a contract so I'll have to continue signing and selling players.

Transfers - more decent profits for players who were going to leave.

Key Player Profiles:

Nathan Ebbrell - great stuff as always.

André - he's got maybe another year at the club, but he'll get a good price.

Barry Milligan - another great performance from a striker.

Dragan Ivkovic - a superb debut season.

Bilal Messaoudi - another great debut season.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners

Next Season

The performance in Europe was encouraging, even if it ended badly. With a kind draw we might find we are able to pick up a few wins and push for a 3rd seeding next time we make the group stage.

Reputations

Northern Ireland - 50th in FIFA rankings - up 10

Northern Ireland - 16th in UEFA coefficients - no change

Carling Premiership - 33rd in European competitions (2.5 stars) - up 13

Bourneview - 68th in UEFA coefficients - down 9

The progress in Europe has been a little faster than I expected, but there's still a long way to go so I'm still hopeful I'll be able to keep making progress for some time yet.

It's restricted in that I can't move abroad, but I'm not planning on doing that anyway. My database was large enough to make sure that the teams I'm playing in Europe have full squads, which was my main concern.

Does your reserve team still play in the intermediate cup? It always amused me that your players get first team experience even when the reserve team is playing it. Can't complain about free experience I suppose. The reason I ask though was because I was wondering if the reserve team winning the cup adds the victory to the team history or not, as I only played a couple seasons there and my reserve team always lost in the early stages. I doubt it since I didn't see Linfield have any Intermediate Cup victories but figured I'll ask if its different for human controlled teams. Great stuff on the thread, and good luck in Europe next season!

Can you add overview of the results of other NI clubs in Europe in your next season report? Yon really need them to perform well in order to progress more in country ranking.

One of the most interesting things for me when I played 'country push' games was that I actually cheered for the clubs with highest ranking and hoped they will qualify for Europe. When low ranked team qualified it meant that it will get strong opponent and just ruin the country ranking.

Does your reserve team still play in the intermediate cup? It always amused me that your players get first team experience even when the reserve team is playing it. Can't complain about free experience I suppose. The reason I ask though was because I was wondering if the reserve team winning the cup adds the victory to the team history or not, as I only played a couple seasons there and my reserve team always lost in the early stages. I doubt it since I didn't see Linfield have any Intermediate Cup victories but figured I'll ask if its different for human controlled teams. Great stuff on the thread, and good luck in Europe next season!

Yes, they do, although I've never really concentrated on letting players play for them as I need a lot of them for first team duties.

Maybe I'll give it a go this year :)

Can you add overview of the results of other NI clubs in Europe in your next season report? Yon really need them to perform well in order to progress more in country ranking.

One of the most interesting things for me when I played 'country push' games was that I actually cheered for the clubs with highest ranking and hoped they will qualify for Europe. When low ranked team qualified it meant that it will get strong opponent and just ruin the country ranking.

At the moment they all tend to fall at the first hurdle, but maybe if they start picking up some results it will be worth reporting on.

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2022/23

Last season we got a few good results in Europe, so I was hoping to build on that this time around.

League Table

Finally we managed the unbeaten season, just a shame about that draw!

Mid-Ulster Cup - as usual, the fringe players won it.

Irish League Cup - and this one.

Irish Cup - what a crazy score for a final!

Setanta Cup - Linfield gave us a good final, but they couldn't stop our second clean sweep.

UEFA Champions League - Gent gave us a scare in the qualifiers, but we made it through. We kicked off the group stage with a stunning 7-0 win over Sporting CP and went on to top the group, only dropping points to Arsenal. After a tight first leg loss, we managed this superb win over PSG before getting outclassed by Juventus in the quarter finals.

Squad - the squad is superb, and the values of my players really show how far we have come. Sadly it will be downhill from here as a number of key players will not sign new contracts and will have to be sold.

Transfers - I'm starting to get some good prices for my players, so we are able to spend a bit more in the transfer market.

Key Player Profiles:

Dragan Ivkovic - his goalscoring was amazing, but he missed a lot of the season through injury.

Nathan Ebbrell - he led the line once again and scored a record number of goals.

Wilton - a superb season for the winger.

André - another great season, in what could be his last at this club.

Rafael - possibly the replacement for André.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners

Next Season

This was possibly the most eventful season I've had at the club with miracles in Europe, a board takeover and some fantastic players at the club. Sadly I can only see things going downhill next year as the likes of Ebbrell, Milligan, André and Partridge all have contracts expiring and will not sign new deals. I can't afford to lose them for nothing so I'll be cashing in on the lot of them this summer.

Reputations

Northern Ireland - 23rd in FIFA rankings - up 27

Northern Ireland - 15th in UEFA coefficients - up 1

Carling Premiership - 29th in European competitions (2.5 stars) - up 4

Bourneview - 40th in UEFA coefficients - up 28

NI has gained a second spot in the CL :cool:

Nice, even if second placed club doesn't qualify they will play in EL.

Strange that Ivkovic hasn't made national debut yet with such amazing scoring stats. How many of those goals were in European competitions?

Just read this thread. I'm chuckling as I read it, because so much of what you experience, I've gone through with my FM11 Prestatyn Town FC save. Though I admit I didn't have the joy of your excellent one-off UCL result that first year! But the players wanting to move on, the inability to build a new stadium, the drudgery of going through meaningless domestic efforts just for the joy of the European footie, the money you have that you can't really spend to good effect because the players who you could buy with it don't want to come be with you, etc., they are all familiar ground. :)

You, however, will take this far beyond where I will take Prestatyn, so it will be interesting to see if your persistence will reap enough benefit down the road to overcome all these obstacles. Good Luck!

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2023/24

With a number of key players due to leave, this was set to be a tough season.

League Table

Back to our one defeat!

Mid-Ulster Cup - another win.

Irish League Cup - we won it, just.

Irish Cup - an easy win.

Setanta Cup - it's always nice to get a big win over Shamrock.

UEFA Champions League - the qualifiers were easy enough, but CSKA Moscow had the beating of us in the group stage.

UEFA Europa League - we had a superb run in this competition but Man City easily beat us in the semi final.

Squad - we took a big hit with the expiring contracts, but we've still got a pretty decent team.

Transfers - it wasn't fun, but a large number of players were sold to ensure that they didn't leave for nothing,

Key Player Profiles:

Dragan Ivkovic - superb as ever, but missed a lot through injury. Next season could be his last as his contract expires.

Wilton - another great year from the winger.

Rafael - another superb winger.

Tim Merkel - making a case for a place in the first team, but his refusal to sign a new contract may cost him that.

Scott Powell - he's finally got a chance in the first team, and he's taken it.

Career Overview

2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners

Next Season

With a transitional period out of the way, hopefully we can start to move forwards once again. Hopefully the big profits will mean improvements off the field.

Congrats on another solid season and great run in the Europa! And that is some serious cash you are sitting on now. How much of it can you spend?

We have about £80m sitting in the bank and the board will currently let me spend £60m of it :D

Not that I could find any players to buy with that sort of money :(

Reputations

Northern Ireland - 29th in FIFA rankings - down 6

Northern Ireland - 15th in UEFA coefficients - no change

Carling Premiership - 20th in European competitions (3 stars) - up 9, up half a star

Bourneview - 28th in UEFA coefficients - up 12

Unfortunately my laptop has been damaged, so there will be no more updates until I can get it fixed. There is no doubt that I will be comtinuing with this save at some point, but it will probably be a week or so until I can get playing it again.

Archived