From Young Men to World Beaters

dafuge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2016/17

Last year we won the league, so this was our debut in the Champions League.

League Table

Just the one loss, we still can't seem to achieve the unbeatable season.

Mid-Ulster Cup - we reached the quarter finals before unluckily losing on penalties.

Irish League Cup - I rotated the squad and they got beaten in the semi final.

Irish Cup - we took this one seriously, and won it.

Setanta Cup - another one we took seriously, but the final was close.

UEFA Champions League - we had an incredible run which ended in the first knockout round.

Squad - the squad is good, but it needs to be big to cope with the demands of the fixture list.

Transfers - the usual free transfers.

Finances - we are now minted, I just hope some money is invested in the facilities.

Key Player Profiles:

Martin Zelenka - top scorer once again.

Liam Harris - best as an AMC, but did well as the supporting striker.

John Finch - superb from the left wing.

Tom Richardson - easily our best player, but next season will be his last.

Ilker Ozbek - new to the team but already a key player.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         League, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         League, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         League, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners

Next Season

In terms of Europe, this was an unbelievable season, I'd be surprised if we could repeat this. The real challenge is to improve the squad enough to be able to keep this sort of performance up consistently, which could take some time. We have a number of key players who's contracts are expiring, so my job for the next few years is to make sure we have a constant stream of talent coming in, as there will undoubtedly be a lot leaving.

Shouldn't you be getting more money than that for playing in the Champions League? I thought there was a £20m+ payout at the end of the season?

That's only for the big clubs, we had a bit more money added after that screenshot was taken but it was only about £1.6m.

That's only for the big clubs, we had a bit more money added after that screenshot was taken but it was only about £1.6m.

Ah okay, didn't realise it differentiated - thought it was purely based on how far you made it. On the plus side, you've inadvertently described me as the manager of a 'big club' :p

Reputations

Northern Ireland - 31st in FIFA rankings - up 32

Northern Ireland - 31st in UEFA coefficients - up 14

Carling Premiership - 168th in European competitions (1.5 stars) - no change

Bourneview - 109th in UEFA coefficients - up 817

Not so far, in the UK I've been able to get what I wanted for nothing. Maybe that will change now that I can scout in Europe.

What a cracking first european adventure! I knew you'd walk the league fairly quickly but I never saw that one coming. :thup:

Still early days reputationwise,I think you'll still have some problems attracting good enough contracted players,they probably don't want to join...

Looking forward to see what happens next. :)

After last season that must feel like a right kick in the nuts :(

It was possibly the first European match that I went into confident of the win, to lose like that was horrible.

The only consolation is that we now get to play in the Europa league qualifiers.

Been reading this whole thread last night. Insane progress in such short time. I've seen some people saying FM12 is easy, but this is something else. :eek::thup:

Tho that defeat against Shamrock probably is good to take your team confidence back down to earth. :D

things starting to fall apart.

I think they are :(

A number of players are unhappy and I'll be losing a numbert of my star players in the summer when their contracts expire. Turning pro and being able to scout anywhere doesn't seem to have had the impact I was hoping.

I think they are :(

A number of players are unhappy and I'll be losing a numbert of my star players in the summer when their contracts expire. Turning pro and being able to scout anywhere doesn't seem to have had the impact I was hoping.

You should have enough money to cover this little dip though, and it shouldn't hurt you long-term.

I think, if anything, your initial success was a bit misleading. The club really weren't good enough to get the knockout stage of the Champions League, but it was a freak season. You're probably settling down to a more realistic level at the moment.

You should have enough money to cover this little dip though, and it shouldn't hurt you long-term.

I think, if anything, your initial success was a bit misleading. The club really weren't good enough to get the knockout stage of the Champions League, but it was a freak season. You're probably settling down to a more realistic level at the moment.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm spending this year scouting and identifying transfer targets and I think I'll spend a bit of money once my star players leave next year.

Last season was a freak, this season is what I was expecting.

Ouch. That's got to hurt. Any thoughts on what accounts for the difference from last season? Less squad unity due to players agitating for a move away?

I blame the unhappy players mostly, although we didn't have a great pre season either. Definitely something I need to consider next season.

Just catching up here and - wow! :eek: A great Champions League campaign!! A shame you couldn't follow it up (must have been especially gutting to lose out to Shamrock Rovers). On the domestic front, do you feel you're set in for a long period of dominance or will that take a while to establish?

Just catching up here and - wow! :eek: A great Champions League campaign!! A shame you couldn't follow it up (must have been especially gutting to lose out to Shamrock Rovers). On the domestic front, do you feel you're set in for a long period of dominance or will that take a while to establish?

I think I could have had it if I was able to keep hold of my players, but that hasn't been the case. I've lost almost my entire midfield so I'm in the process of rebuilding the squad, and it won't be as strong as it was last season.

I think I could get there eventually, but it feels like it is two steps forward followed by one back at the moment.

At least with that happening an element of challenge appears. What are Portstewart like and what is their history on the game Daf? My mate has just moved there and I think we're going to totally check out a match when I visit (also I might start with them when I finally get around to buying the bloody game).

At least with that happening an element of challenge appears. What are Portstewart like and what is their history on the game Daf? My mate has just moved there and I think we're going to totally check out a match when I visit (also I might start with them when I finally get around to buying the bloody game).

Portstewart - they are a relatively new club (1968) and don't seem to have much of a history outside of the lower leagues. They nearly got relegated from the lowest league in the first season.

Archived