From Young Men to World Beaters

dafuge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you had any luck getting good feeder clubs?

None at all. Occasionally I get a local one but usually it ends up getting cancelled leaving me with none.

The board agree to a merchandising one but never manage to find a suitable one :(

I was wondering how you train your players? What schedules you use and does it really have an impact on the players?

I use the same schedules that I set up when the current training system was introduced, which are split into the seven different positions I use in my formation.

No idea how good they are though as I've nothing to compare them to.

None at all. Occasionally I get a local one but usually it ends up getting cancelled leaving me with none.

The board agree to a merchandising one but never manage to find a suitable one :(

Damn, have you ever recommended one yourself?

I'm amazed how you still find the patience to carry this on!! Most people (including myself) would have given up by now, or at least tried to force progress by taking over another club. Have you been close at any point?

Do you feel you will ever achieve what you set out to achieve at the start?

As always...you out do us all daf!!

May I ask for one more screen to be added to the season report - top leaague transfers. It would be interesting to see what other clubs are doing in the transfer market.

I'm amazed how you still find the patience to carry this on!! Most people (including myself) would have given up by now, or at least tried to force progress by taking over another club. Have you been close at any point?

Do you feel you will ever achieve what you set out to achieve at the start?

As always...you out do us all daf!!

Although it has been tempting, I've not really considered moving away from my plan.

Ideally I'd like to take NI to the top of the competition rankings, but I doubt I'll ever make it.

To go through these games quickly,do you go on holiday ?

I don't ever go on holiday (other than the very first season to get a new club promoted).

I do play quickly though, by watching matches with commentary only and letting my assistant take the press conferences and team talks. I always choose the side though as squad rotation is crucial for keeping my best players fresh for the Champions League games.

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2057/58

Things were looking good in Northern Ireland as we looked to get a fourth club in the Champions League group stage.

League Table

We were a bit sloppy this season as we threw away a few points.

Domestic Cups - we blew the Irish Cup final.

UEFA Super Cup - we didn't deserve it, but we won it on penalties.

FIFA Club World Cup - a dominant win.

UEFA Champions League - despite a shocking loss in the group stage we made our way to the final. Just a shame we blew it.

Glentoran in Europe - they had a tough group, but failed in the Europa League.

Linfield in Europe - they also got a tough group, and struggled.

Newry in Europe - didn't get anywhere near the Champions League, but made a good effort at the Europa League.

Squad - the squad is still fairly young, so there should be more to come from them.

Youth Products - some of the more talented players have left due to lack of first team action, there's not a lot to back them up.

Transfers - a few unhappy players were sold and replaced.

Key Player Profiles:

Marcus Bickerstaff - a stunning season from our big hope.

Juan Ignacio Sosa - not a bad season for a backup player.

Claudio Ferraiuolo - had a decent season playing in the AMC role.

- another great year on the wing.

Gareth Hudson - a youth prospect who is highly rated.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2033/34   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2034/35   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2036/37   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Europa League winners
2037/38   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2039/40   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2040/41   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2041/42   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2043/44   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, CWC and Champions League winners
2044/45   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2045/46   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, and Champions League winners
2046/47   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League Cup and CWC winners
2047/48   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2049/50   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2050/51   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2051/52   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2052/53   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2053/54   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2054/55   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2055/56   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, NextGen series, Mid-Ulster,  Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2056/57   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2057/58   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists

Next Season

Cliftonville miss out as we lose out on the Champions League for the first time in ages. We must win that back.

May I ask for one more screen to be added to the season report - top leaague transfers. It would be interesting to see what other clubs are doing in the transfer market.

Here it is for this season

I don't really want to add it to my report (I'd rather cut that down if anything), but I'll be more than happy to produce a screenshot upon request.

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 6th in European competitions (3.5 stars) - no change

Northern Ireland - 7th in UEFA coefficients - down 1

Northern Ireland - 44th in FIFA rankings - no change

Bourneview - 1st in UEFA coefficients - no change

Glentoran - 19th in UEFA coefficients - up 2

Linfield - 27th in UEFA coefficients - up 3

Newry - 57th in UEFA coefficients - up 2

Cliftonville - 84th in UEFA coefficients- down 8

Our loss hurt us, we've lost that fourth CL place :(

Hi dafuge. I'm doing something similar to you but in Wales and I'd like to know what date the reputations and coefficients update so I can do a reputations update like you do. Thanks :thup:

I don't know the date, but it's a few weeks after the season finishes. I'll have a look next time I get there.

Dont worry, If it's when you get a message in your inbox saying about the reputations then I doubt I'll miss it. Thanks for the reply :)

10 consecutive Champions Leagues with a Northern Irish side. :D Mental stuff here. Never get bored, Dafuge?

The winning gets a bit boring after a while, but I've still got plenty to keep me entertained in this save with the progress of the other clubs.

Just buying and selling players keeps me entertained :D

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2058/59

Last season we lost in the Champions League final, so we had to win that back to get the country back on track.

League Table

We were dominant as usual, but tycoon owned Tobermore and Newry are making great progress.

Domestic Cups - a clean sweep, even if one did take a replay.

UEFA Champions League - despite a couple of shocks in the group stage, we hit form once again, winning a close final. The semi final was the real story though.

Glentoran in Europe - they failed to beat the better teams in the group stage, then got a tough draw in the Europa League.

Linfield in Europe - they came out on top in a huge battle with Bayern, then got a superb draw against us. We didn't hold back in the return leg.

Tobermore in Europe - they came unstuck against Liverpool but this just shows the progress they are making.

Squad - this is a strong squad with a fairly low average age, things are looking good.

Youth Products - we have produced a small number of decent players, but we just don't have the talent coming through to keep the reserves going. I'm going to ditch reporting on the reserves.

Transfers - a few of the older players were sold, along with some unhappy reserves.

Premiership Transfers - the spending is dominated by the big five clubs.

Key Player Profiles:

Marcus Bickerstaff - technically he's not outstanding, but he scores for fun.

Valery Ryzhov - he was signed as a talented youngster and he's starting to impress.

Juan Ignacio Sosa - our second striker.

Ibán - I nearly sold him, but a 4 month injury to Jé gave him a chance to impress.

Jean Fevre - a backup winger, but he's doing well.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2033/34   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2034/35   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2036/37   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Europa League winners
2037/38   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2039/40   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2040/41   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2041/42   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2043/44   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, CWC and Champions League winners
2044/45   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2045/46   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, and Champions League winners
2046/47   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League Cup and CWC winners
2047/48   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2049/50   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2050/51   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2051/52   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2052/53   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2053/54   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2054/55   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2055/56   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, NextGen series, Mid-Ulster,  Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2056/57   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2057/58   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2058/59   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership,  Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

Linfield's run in Europe and the progress made by the tycoon owned clubs might mean we are on the brink of making some progress. Hopefully that fourth CL spot will be ours again soon.

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 8th in European competitions (3.5 stars) - down 2

Northern Ireland - 7th in UEFA coefficients - no change

Northern Ireland - 63rd in FIFA rankings - down 19

Bourneview - 1st in UEFA coefficients - no change

Glentoran - 19th in UEFA coefficients - down 2

Linfield - 22nd in UEFA coefficients - up 5

Newry - 64th in UEFA coefficients - down 7

Tobermore United - 90th in UEFA coefficients - up 102

This doesn't look good, but I think there could be more to come. We have closed the gap to Russia in 6th, so we have a chance of reclaining that extra CL spot if we are successful.

I see that you have sold some players to other Prem clubs. Did you reject offers from abroad for them and choose rival clubs to help them improve? I always do that in similar games.

Fantastic to see Linfield do well in the Champions League, and good to see you taking back your trophy! Do you have any idea when FM13 is coming out? It can't be too long can it? I've searched a few places for it, but can't seem to find a release date.

I see that you have sold some players to other Prem clubs. Did you reject offers from abroad for them and choose rival clubs to help them improve? I always do that in similar games.

A mixture really, usually the NI clubs were the only ones interested but I chose to sell a couple of players to NI clubs to keep them in the country playing regularly.

Archived