From Young Men to World Beaters

dafuge

90,000 capacity?? That's insane! Well done sir!

I had a go at recreating your tactic - it did not go well. The gaps in the midfield were too much for my team to cope with. Most people I speak to say it can't work - I think you are proving people wrong.

Do you literally just plug and play? Or do you amend the playing style (i.e. attack, counter etc) depending on who you play. I see from your screenshot that you have three tactics in there - what are the differences? I don't want to turn a good career thread into a tactic one - but I'm enthralled in what people do and how they get it to work. Your players also seem amazing - I suppose I'm only in season three, so the newgens haven't managed to develop enough yet - but the quality team you have is mouth-watering!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing 100 times bigger than my stadium. My expansion got blocked by the council. Have now qualified for the Chanpions League though. First game 150 people watched me host Barca and only lose 3-0. Then Celtic beat me 1-0 in last ten minutes. Then my first win came at home to OM 3-0. Loving Northern Ireland.

Do you literally just plug and play? Or do you amend the playing style (i.e. attack, counter etc) depending on who you play. I see from your screenshot that you have three tactics in there - what are the differences? I don't want to turn a good career thread into a tactic one - but I'm enthralled in what people do and how they get it to work. Your players also seem amazing - I suppose I'm only in season three, so the newgens haven't managed to develop enough yet - but the quality team you have is mouth-watering!

I really do plug and play, I never change the tactic unless we have players sent off. I have three tactics loaded just to keep my coaches happy with the match prep, all three are identical!

Wow, this was a crazy read! Well done mate.

I've been hitting something of a glass ceiling with Ireland's Galway United. Always make the Champions League group stage, more cash than I can spend, but the Irish teams suck and just don't help our coeff, and I'm finding it impossible to make the leap to being able to buy the best players. Am I basically screwed until other Irish teams raise our coeff? I noticed that your first win of the Champs League wasn't with a phenomenal side, so maybe I should be doing better in Europe and I'm just not that good!

Btw, do you change tactics for home and away? I saw your msg above, but do you play less attacking away?

I had one lucky season, then a few where we just made the group stage and no more. It just takes a bit of time as it is difficult to get out of the group until your seeding improves to at least 2nd.

I play the same tactics home and away.

Do you have a download for this save? - and have you ever considered making YouTube videos on FM12? Because I really think you'd be able to attract some people to watch your vids, I know I certainly would. You seem to be pretty good at it, and people (including me) could definitely learn from you aswell :) I was also wondering, since you're getting a new stadium, what's it going to be called? Still Dafuge Park, or will it get renamed? Keep up the good work on this save!

I was also wondering, since you're getting a new stadium, what's it going to be called? Still Dafuge Park, or will it get renamed? Keep up the good work on this save!

It's called Dafuge Stadium in his screenshot, haha.

Do you have a download for this save? - and have you ever considered making YouTube videos on FM12? Because I really think you'd be able to attract some people to watch your vids, I know I certainly would. You seem to be pretty good at it, and people (including me) could definitely learn from you aswell :) I was also wondering, since you're getting a new stadium, what's it going to be called? Still Dafuge Park, or will it get renamed? Keep up the good work on this save!

As always, I don't like to put my games up for download while I'm still playing them, but I'm happy to afterwards. That will probably be once FM13 is realeased though.

I'm not really that interested in making videos, mostly because my free time is fairly limited so I like to use as much of it as possible to play the game.

The new stadium is going to be called 'Dafuge Stadium'. Not the greatest name :(

I have to say, i know you said you didn't want to help the other clubs. But i'm surprised early on you continues to go for the domestic cups. I personally would have though it would be better to throw them and spread the wealth across the league. And offer some backups to other league clubs on the cheap (but obviously this would be helping them out)... Have you considered adding a second manager at another prem side to speed to development up or are you still hoping they can do it alone.

I have to say, i know you said you didn't want to help the other clubs. But i'm surprised early on you continues to go for the domestic cups. I personally would have though it would be better to throw them and spread the wealth across the league. And offer some backups to other league clubs on the cheap (but obviously this would be helping them out)... Have you considered adding a second manager at another prem side to speed to development up or are you still hoping they can do it alone.

I've tried to play without deliberately influencing the other clubs, so even though I regularly field weak teams in the cups, I always put out a team that I think will win.

I have sold a few youngsters to other clubs, but at reasonable youngsters. Occaisionally I free transfer the odd decent player (because they are unhappy) but the other clubs never seem to pick them up :mad:

I definitely won't be managing a second team, I want them to do them by themselves, even if that means we make no more progress.

If only we knew who is going to buy your current stadium and what are they going to do with it. :D Not really realistic.

Will probably become housing or an industrial estate like a lot of old grounds :(

Seems a bit of a waste considering it is the biggest stadium in the country.

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2051/52

Things had been going well recently, and news of a new stadium gave us something to look forward to.

League Table

The usual one draw, but Newry look to be making excellent progress.

Domestic Cups - we blew a couple of cup finals, but it is fairly insignificant.

UEFA Super Cup - a deserved victory, just.

FIFA Club World Cup - an easy win.

UEFA Champions League - we stormed every important game this season, including a dominant final.

Glentoran in Europe - fairly unspectacular, although the draw was tough on them.

Linfield in Europe - stupidly frustrating, as three great draws were coupled with two stupid defeats.

Squad - the squad is in great shape, with no major rebuilding needed.

Youth Products - the local reserve squad is not a huge success as a lot of players complain about lack of first team action, resulting in free transfers which often lead to early retirement. That's the last thing I need when they are often NI internationals.

Transfers - a few youngsters out and a complete overhaul of the right wingers.

Key Player Profiles:

Hernán Rodríguez - his place as the main striker is under threat, with a switch to supporting striker likely.

Angelo - his goalscoring record continues as he pushes to become the main striker.

Hamilton - a superb winger.

Andrezinho - the star midfielder.

Pablo Torres - a new signing who has made a big impact.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2033/34   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2034/35   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2036/37   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Europa League winners
2037/38   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2039/40   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2040/41   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2041/42   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2043/44   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, CWC and Champions League winners
2044/45   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2045/46   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, and Champions League winners
2046/47   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League Cup and CWC winners
2047/48   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2049/50   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2050/51   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2051/52   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  Irish Cup, CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

With the announcement of Dafuge Stadium, all we can do is wait. Elsewhere, we can hope that Newry qualify for the Champions League.

Looking at those results, did Austria Vienna qualify? If so, whilst not great for the furthering of Northern Irish football, great job from them!

They lost every game apart from the two against Linfield :(

They finished third, then got stuffed 5-0 by Besiktas in the Europa League.

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 10th in European competitions (3.5 stars) - down 2

Northern Ireland - 10th in UEFA coefficients - down 1

Northern Ireland - 74th in FIFA rankings - up 17

Bourneview - 1st in UEFA coefficients - no change

Glentoran - 34th in UEFA coefficients - down 3

Linfield - 42nd in UEFA coefficients - down 3

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2052/53

The news of a new stadium gave us something to look forward to as the rest of the Northern Irish clubs struggled to keep up.

League Table

We threw away a few points as usual.

Domestic Cups - we made a mess of the Irish Cup but won the rest.

UEFA Super Cup - easy enough.

FIFA Club World Cup - easy, but it could have been a lot more.

UEFA Champions League - almost flawless as we stormed to another win.

Glentoran in Europe - did brilliantly to qualify, but had a tough group. The Europa League effort was shocking.

Linfield in Europe - revenge over the Austrians was the only redeeming feature of this season.

Squad - the squad is in great shape.

Youth Products - it is taking time, but the national team is benefiting from our youths.

Transfers - a few transfers were made in order to keep the profits up.

Key Player Profiles:

João Nabais - in the search for a star striker I splashed the cash. He looked superb until the injury.

Ângelo - had a great season, pushing for a first team place.

Hamilton - a superb winger.

Felipe Mansilla - a rock in midfield.

Andrezinho - superb in midfield.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2033/34   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2034/35   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2036/37   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Europa League winners
2037/38   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2039/40   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2040/41   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2041/42   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2043/44   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, CWC and Champions League winners
2044/45   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2045/46   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, and Champions League winners
2046/47   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League Cup and CWC winners
2047/48   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2049/50   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2050/51   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2051/52   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

With the new stadium due at the end of the next season, we just need to keep winning to make the most of it.

In other news, Northern Ireland managed to win the Carling Nations Cup. Which was nice.

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 12th in European competitions (3 stars, down half a star) - down 2

Northern Ireland - 10th in UEFA coefficients - no change

Northern Ireland - 47th in FIFA rankings - up 27

Glentoran - 29th in UEFA coefficients - up 5

Linfield - 52nd in UEFA coefficients - down 10

You must be starting to get fustrated with the lack of progress from other teams. Just went back to page 8 and in your 38/39 update NI were 11th in the coefficients. Only 1 place of progress in nearly 15 years must have you raging at Linfield and Glentoran :D

Hey dafuge, just looking at your squad list...do you play AMCs in the Treq role up front? Reason I ask is because all four of your strikers best role (I assume that's the column you have there) is listed as Poacher...

The treq role is usually a mixture, rotating between poachers and AMCs. It's a tough spot to fill in the team.

You must be starting to get fustrated with the lack of progress from other teams. Just went back to page 8 and in your 38/39 update NI were 11th in the coefficients. Only 1 place of progress in nearly 15 years must have you raging at Linfield and Glentoran :D

It does feel like we've hit a bit of a wall :(

All we need though is a few decent performances then a bit of consistency. I'm still ploughing on in the hope we get it :D

Have just read through the whole thread, incredible stuff as always :thup: Just wondered if you'd ever considered trying to complete the Danny Roberts challenge once more, seeing as you should easily be able to do it in N. Ireland?

Have just read through the whole thread, incredible stuff as always :thup: Just wondered if you'd ever considered trying to complete the Danny Roberts challenge once more, seeing as you should easily be able to do it in N. Ireland?

I'm constantly on the lookout for a striker who I think is 'the one', but I can never seem to find one young enough that is good enough. Most of the strikers I've had seem fairly similar, I haven't had a standout since Vuko.

I'm constantly on the lookout for a striker who I think is 'the one', but I can never seem to find one young enough that is good enough. Most of the strikers I've had seem fairly similar, I haven't had a standout since Vuko.

Shame that, I presume you'd keep him past 30 if you thought he had a shot at the 1000?

Shame that, I presume you'd keep him past 30 if you thought he had a shot at the 1000?

If I find one who stands a chance of making 1000 then I'll let him retire at the club, unless he clearly isn't going to make it.

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2053/54

With the new stadium due at the end of this season, we wanted to make sure we were opening it as champions.

League Table

We threw away a few points as usual, but it was a shame to see Newry slip down after making the Europa League group stage.

Domestic Cups - nearly a clean sweep, but we lot out in the Irish Cup final.

UEFA Super Cup - a tight game, but we got the win.

FIFA Club World Cup - it was close until the last few minutes as we won again.

UEFA Champions League - complete domination, although the final was tight as we were suffering with injuries.

Glentoran in Europe - finally they made it out of the group stage, but that was it.

Linfield in Europe - a really unlucky season, but still pretty decent.

Squad - the squad is really strong at the moment.

Youth Products - still only a small number of decent players, but we have made a huge difference with the national team.

Transfers - just a bit of squad trimming to keep the profits going.

Key Player Profiles:

João Nabais - it wasn't a huge total, but he led the scoring again.

Marcus Bickerstaff - came through the youth system last season and is already making an impact.

Martín Fernández - a new striker who looks promising.

Andrezinho - another great year for the midfielder.

Steven Lennon - still the standout player from our youth system.

Career Overview

2051/52   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2052/53   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2053/54   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

With the new stadium weeks away from being opened, it is an exciting time at the club.

More exciting than that is the rise of the Northern Irish national team, who have managed to qualify for the World Cup!

Bickerstaff and Fernandez look like they will be immense.

I'm realy excited about Bickerstaff, I'm planning in selling a striker to give him a spot in the first team squad.

I am tempted to go for an all-youth team, but I know that it would ruin the progress that the NI league is making on the back of our success.

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 10th in European competitions (3.5 stars, up half a star) - up 2

Northern Ireland - 8th in UEFA coefficients - up 2

Northern Ireland - 16th in FIFA rankings - up 31

Glentoran - 28th in UEFA coefficients - up 1

Linfield - 43rd in UEFA coefficients - up 9

:cool:

Northern Ireland - World Cup 2054

Qualification for the tournament couldn't have gone better as we proved hard to beat in a group where the draw was kind to us. We sealed qualification with a 4-1 home win over Ireland in the final game, which was rather great.

Preparation fof the tournament was another story. We lost three key players to injury (Williamson, Reynolds and Miskelly), although I'm still not sure why I couldn't take a risk on calling up Williamson. We then suffered three home friendly defeats to Uruguay, Bulgaria and Paraguay. This wasn't what we needed if we were to get anything from our group containing USA, Algeria and Brazil.

Northern Ireland vs Brazil - Group E

It was a one sided match, but the real worry was those cards and injuries. USA and Algeria drew 0-0.

USA vs Northern Ireland - Group E

We held on for ages, but eventually lost out. This defeat meant we had been knocked out.

Algeria vs Northern Ireland - Group E

This completed our poor group stage, with one of my players scoring the winner.

Final Group E Table

We crashed out without scoring a goal. Our attention now turns to qualifying for the Euros.

The Euro group seems accessible.

I think we could do it if we can stay injury free. That's what cost us at the World Cup. With such a small squad we are terrible once two or three first team players are missing.

Archived